Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Aug 13, 2016 3:30 PM

Jul 2012
Binged this in one go. I mean, the second season. I can't give it anything higher than a 7/10 this time because more than half of the season was filled with misunderstandings that kept on going one after the other. It ruined the pacing and felt super slow. But the later episodes, when they confess and such, really made up for it. Their love is truly beautiful - and I don't say that much about a 2D Anime couple. This is one of the few romance series where the two really click and love each other for reasons that make sense.

Thanks, Namikawa Daisuke for doing a great job as Shouta. Thanks, Production IG for splendidly handling this series and making it look absolutely gorgeous. Thanks, the rest of the seiyuu cast for being perfect. Thanks, musicians and composers for making damn good music.

Onto the Manga!
Aug 14, 2016 3:13 AM

Apr 2015
i dont read manga and the ending is in the manga? im out...

pretty great show still.
Nov 2, 2016 7:12 AM

May 2009
I think this one is a true romance gem (season 1 and 2 together). Sure, the first half of the 2nd season was slow (well, slower than the usual pace of this show) and had some irritating moments, but it was still great.

Now it's time to pick up the manga. Too bad there is no season 3 and it's safe to assume that there won't be one.
Jan 19, 2017 6:41 AM

Apr 2014
Feel sad for Kurumi.
Jan 22, 2017 10:31 AM
Dec 2016
hee cant stop getting goosebumps!!! freakingly heartwarming!
May 24, 2017 12:55 PM

Oct 2013
LOL

THE RYU PART

"Oh btw, I love you"
Aug 24, 2017 3:18 PM

Jul 2015
cuteness overload !

one of the sweetest couples i have ever seen :3
kazehaya x sawako <3

8/10
Nov 25, 2017 6:16 PM

Nov 2016
Too much feels for one episode, extremely satisfying conclusion for this season and after the all the frustration even more so.

That date was so cute and soothing,one could just melt away.
At this point I don't even mind that there isn't a third season, cause I don't know what I could ask more for.

My only real issue is that it was kinda dragged during the middle part,but after this I almost forgot it. Definitely one of the best romance anime ever.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2018 4:17 AM

Feb 2017
Too many misunderstandings and irritating moments in this season for my liking, but it payed off in the end.
Really satisfying end and great series overall. Side characters were amazing and Kazehaya and Sawako are really cute as a couple.
Nov 25, 2018 2:32 AM
Aug 2018
First season: OMG I love it. Classic romance

Second season: WHAT THE FUCCCCCKKKKK. JUST KISS ALREADY.
Dec 16, 2018 12:04 PM

Oct 2017
Lol Pin shooed away the sparkly aura. That’s probably one of the greatest things he’s done thus far xD it seems he was feeling salty about Kazehaya and Sawako’s happiness so he pried Kazehaya away from Sawako.

Kurumi puts a stop to those girls that were about to go after Sawako. They were upset that Sawako got to Kazehaya before any of them did. It makes me really happy that Kurumi stood up for Sawako like she did.

Sawako goes and talks to Kurumi, wanting to tell Kurumi herself that she and Kazehaya were a couple. She may not say it directly, but Kurumi is thankful for Sawako. She said if Sawako didn’t exist than she would have never confessed to Kazehaya.

Omg at Ryu’s subtle confession to Chizu. I love it lol. She says she knew about his feelings all along.

This episode ends on Kazehaya and Sawako going on an adorable date. She gives him all the gifts that she couldn’t before, like the Christmas beanie and the Valentines chocolates. You can easily see how much the two treasure each other. I’m sad we never got a kiss, but this was still a lovely ending. It was a nice ride, I’m glad I watched it.
Jan 14, 2019 8:04 PM

Jul 2014
I thought this season actually got pretty aggravating with the introduction of Kento and all the cheap misunderstandings that resulted. Which wouldn't have bothered me had they been played for laughs and not dead serious drama.

At least there actually WAS a confession, and it wasn't at the very end.

4/10
D-ohnutsJan 14, 2019 8:31 PM
Feb 11, 2019 9:54 PM

Jul 2016
Honestly, I couldn't care less for that bunch of girls and Kurumi but I have to say that at least, seeing Kurumi overcoming her feelings towards Kazehaya was somewhat nice to see.

All in all, it was a "good" season although I liked the first one way more. Honestly, the misunderstandings were just too much for me to handle and I know the first season already had them but they were taken to a whole new level of frustration in this one. Not to mention that I also felt that said misunderstandings were unnecessarily dragged during most of the season.

That said, once the misunderstandings were cleared up, the series became enjoyable again. The moments both Sawako and Kazehaya shared during and after the festival were adorable and those scenes when they were on a date at the end were so pleasant to see as well. They're absolutely cute together.

And on the other hand, it was a bit disappointing that Ryuu and Chizu's relationship didn't receive any focus at all but at least I'm glad that Chizu fully recovered from her crush on Tooru based on the talk she had with those pathetic girls and with Sawako throughout the season. She and Ayane were definitely my favorite characters in the whole series.

Overall, it was an ok-to-good season but I can't deal with the fact that most of the misunderstandings could have been solved way sooner if only the main couple would have talked a bit more with each other. 6/10
Feb 17, 2019 10:09 AM

Dec 2018
I don't that much like the ending, It was way too good to be end like this something must've to be happened..
Although a good Show.
Mar 29, 2019 9:38 PM
Mar 2019
As if me writing this , it’s 11:29pm March 29 2019.....what a time to be alive. What time to be breathing. What time to have your heart skipped a beat💕 the series is over and I’m left with a bed sheet full of tears. I love this series beyond comprehension. I’m a sucker for romance comedies. I breathe for the power of love. It’s a really old anime but Jesus said let there be a romance comedy that will forever live up to its name. What I loved the most about this show is sawako’s Character development. Seen her grow since episode one made me get attach to her , in some ways I can relate to her. Being sorta the outcast in school and not knowing how to engage a conversation to her OVER ANALYZING CONVERSATIONS.(overthinking I should say) is definitely something I do quite a lot so. Definitely a same there! But overall such a masterpiece. I will for ever have a grain of salt of HOPE for a season 3. I love you Karuho Shina your legendary. 💕🥰
Kebinsann :)
Apr 17, 2019 6:57 AM
Mar 2019
At first I never thought NOTHING would come close to “your lie in April “ or “blue spring ride” but boy was I wrong. I’m a very lovey Dover sensitive dude and I love these alices of life/romance series so seething something like kimi ni todoke made my heart blossom once more. Can’t wait to see the series again again and again. I might even get sawako tatted 😊oh I also gotta read the manga as well!!!! It’s been quite a while since this came out , but if there is still some hardcore fans of this show please add me as a friend and let’s talk! (: I promise I don’t bite lol
Kebinsann :)
Dec 3, 2019 5:44 PM

Aug 2008
Got to say as much as I enjoyed the first season this second one got a bit annoying at times, the misunderstandings went from being cute to just exhausting. The blond guy who was introduced was one of my most despised in anime as well, nothing to his character except to be used as a catalyst to cause problems for the main couple, nothing else to him at all. Wish Ryuu and Chizu could have gotten a bit more of a relationship development as well instead of that throwaway exchange in this episode.

I'll give a 7 still, had its moments though this might still be my giving it a handicap because of my goodwill toward the good first season.
Jan 13, 2020 9:42 AM
Apr 2016
I honestly wouldn't have minded an entirely different anime only about Kurumi.

A sweet nice happy ending! How nice.
Jan 18, 2020 2:45 PM
Jul 2013
twoego said:
I honestly wouldn't have minded an entirely different anime only about Kurumi.

How about Yano, her past, boyfriends and how she became friends with Chizu. Kurumi, Yano and Kento made this show worthwhile for me. Without either of them Sawako would be yet another girl who likes Kazehaya.
Jan 19, 2020 3:13 PM

Jan 2013
Pin is the only good thing that happened to this anime.
Seriously so overrated and boring.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Feb 21, 2020 6:28 PM

Oct 2019
I'm surprised this is still the same title as S1 from fun and hertwarming show into those non-stop heavy misunderstanding drama, but it's always nice to see such satisfying ending. 8/10.
May 22, 2020 4:56 PM
Sep 2019
I loved first season 10/10 and I loved the self esteem issue explored in second season, but I would prefer more focus on side characters like in first season.

I loved to see how they cleared things up in school after confession. And I loved Kurumis behaviour, I was expecting she would "use her chance" when things were
bad between Sawako and Kazehaya, but she actually showed some honor and I loved that.

Giving this season 7/10 because side characters were just supporting the main couple instead of developing their own stories like they did in season 1, and I feel there was a room for these stories in season 2 as well, and also because the "misunderstanding" episodes made me stay up all night until I saw a resolution in episode 10. Didnt expect this show to become something with so much suspense after season 1. Might up my rating to 8/10 once I catch up with my sleep.
Jul 5, 2020 2:10 PM
Jul 2019
This was one of the most normal Shoujo anime. Don't misunderstand me but I am a very big fan of Kimi Ni Todoke and I had stopped watching after the first season because I'd heard that the second season was all about Kurumi. But some time later I saw that Kazehaya and Kuronoma had confessed to each other in an YouTube video so I thought to myself that something like that wasn't in the 1st season so it must be in the second season. And thus i started watching it.
My thoughts on the characters?
Kazehaya – Absolute Best Boy
Kuronoma – Absolute Best Girl
Ayane and Chizu – Undisputed MVP
Ayane – Greater MVP cuz she was the main driving force behind both Kazehaya and Kuronoma.
Ryu – Mr No Effort , pulls off a confession in just 1 episode.
Kurumi – Not everyone's fav character but I think that if she wasn't Kuronoma's rival she wouldn't have had that much development.
Kento – He's himself. Although he still doesn't know that the person that Kazehaya said he liked earlier was Sawako herself. And also I saw some people hating on him. I just want to say that yeah I felt the same way about him for messing where he wasn't needed but then I thought to myself that that's the exact thing that Kuronoma needed a push from a third party or she and Kazehaya were going to remain awkward forever.
Pin Sensei – He did more damage than repair but still he finally delivered. He's funny and that's his best part.
Also I'd like to point out that Kazehaya said in the ending sequence that he keeps thinking that he's the only one who loves her and he's the only one happy in the relationship. And to that Kuronoma replies that "Kazehaya said exactly what I felt" which translates to she also keeps thinking that she's the only one who thinks that she's in love with him and she's happy. I think that that's the main point of this anime. "Misunderstandings" . I mean Kazehaya loved Kuronoma but he didn't know if she loved him back. On the other hand Kuronoma loved Kazehaya but she didn't know if Kazehaya loved her out of obligation of out of pure feelings. So all they needed to do was to sort out their feelings between themselves early but it wasn't possible due to various different obstructions from people. In a way they were restricted. I'm happy that it all worked out in the best way possible.
Also I hate you Joe you co*kblocker.
Mar 6, 2021 11:57 PM

Jun 2020
Yucks. They spent this last episode on things that were already resolved previously, no? As much as Kurumi is great, really she’s a great character, but Kazehaya & Sawako literally had like few minutes of interaction in this last episode, and the bulk of it were during the credits. I’m anime-only so this was far from a satisfying conclusion. Guess I’ll have to get into the manga.

Really love the side characters. Rooting for Ryuu & Chizu, and I really liked Kento too. Hope that Yano would find happiness too. Would have given this season a 6/10 what with all the back & forth & exhausting pacing but Kazehaya is seriously best boy!!!!! I was smiling when he was so happy while riding his bicycle away at the end before the credits rolled. Kazehaya Shouta, sunshine boy!!!! ♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 5, 2021 6:16 AM
Apr 2021
This season was 2/3 agonising, incredibly dumb misunderstandings and 1/3 pure heartwarming content. I do wish they hadn't dragged on the misunderstandings for so long, and instead gave time for the side character developments and for their relationship. Man, I love Ayane and Chizu so much, and wish I saw more of Ryu X Chizu. I guess I'll just have to read the manga :P.

Overall 8/10 for 2nd season and 9/10 for the 1st season. My 2nd season rating was probably dragged up bc of my love for the 1st season but oh well..

I first watched this so many years ago, and I'm now used to reading all the forum posts from 2011, so I find it amusing to see people comparing Kimi Ni Todoke with recent shoujo anime series like Your Lie in April and Ao Haru Ride. Just me?
May 8, 2021 8:59 AM
Oct 2012
This is gonna be my first rant comment; I thought s1 was bad enough, but s2 is even worse than that. I honestly have no idea which part of those cheap drama/misunderstandings are enjoyable to watch. Her timid and inferiority complex was so infuriating to watch as well, I mean we wasted like 9 episode just to wait for her to open her damn mouth infront of him because she literally did nothing but run away prior to this, even after he actually confessed first. But I gotta admit, the author of this is a genius at creating problems over literally nothing.

I guess I've had my expectations too high with this series because some people said it is good but alas. It is simply too childish and unrealistic to me.
Jun 2, 2021 6:56 PM

Jan 2021
8/10
I loved the ending.
I’m so happy that everything ended up good.
Sep 19, 2021 1:15 PM

Jun 2020
This season could have been great, but they pretty much just ignored the development in Season 1 and came up with a load of misunderstandings to fill the gap. It's justifiable in a 24+ episode anime so long as the characters develop as in season 1 but in a 12 ep season you just can't afford that kind of filler.

I want a third season spinoff focusing on the side Characters. Yano and Miura would make a cute couple, Heck Jo could turn out to be a dark horse and win Yanos heart. I've seen the comic relief win before...

6/10 for this season, It wasn't bad in itself, but it seemed to just retread the same old ground. A few gems, a lot of pointless filler and an OK ending. To be honest I feel like I shouldn't have bothered.
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
Feb 11, 2022 6:14 PM

May 2012
Took me about 8 years to finish season 2 lol. Watched all of season 1 during high school and loved it, then started season 2 shortly after and had it on-hold indefinitely cause I had a bit of KnT burnout (a... very long burnout I guess). Picked it up again this week and restarted the season and just finished it.

Season 2's first half legit made me want to drop it, I despise the misunderstanding trope so much and this was just misunderstanding on top of misunderstanding on top of misunderstanding and felt nothing like season 1. Luckily, once the confession in the classroom happened it got sooooo much better. Second half of the season made up for the torture, but man, it was frustrating.

I know there's a ton of manga content left to cover (and I doubt it'll be animated given how long its been) but it felt like a good satisfactory ending to the series for me. They got together, which is farther than most romance series tend to go! I definitely would have scored it much lower if there was no progress from season 1, but happy ending made me happy, so it got a solid 8/10 from me. Lower score than season 1 cause of the frustrating build-up, but the score basically fixed itself with the confession and stuff afterwards.
Apr 16, 2022 10:05 AM
Dec 2019
No kiss but my hopes weren't up to begin with.
This was a really cute series. Too bad they broke down everything that they built in season 1 instead of building off of it to make a fun season. The drama was fun but Sawako was just way too dense. Pin is right, you really do have to staple it to her forehead.
All of the little notes to tell her that it wasn't a dream was funny and cute.
I'm really going to miss this cast of characters.
Sep 1, 2022 2:22 PM
Mar 2021
I AM gOIng to CRY AND DIE AND UNYISynIUNurFm was waiting for a kiss. BUT ITS OKAy IT WAS A GOOD ANIME
Sep 15, 2022 3:35 PM

Aug 2022
Basically started getting into anime seriously for the first time in life this august, and so far it's my all time favorite series.
Guess it's time to read my first manga ever.

Sawako is just so wholesome. 99% of people would be angry and bitter in her place, and make more enemies instead of friends.
Nov 27, 2022 6:19 PM

Jan 2021
When i saw that this anime got an 2nd season i was so happy to witness the story of Sawako and Kazehaya further, and wow did it deliver amazingly.

The most amazing artistic style that I have seen yet so far, it was like everything was an painting and beautifully portraited. Sawako and Kazehaya finally getting together as an couple was cute to see as well, they finally let their dreams come true by being together. I actually liked Kurumi once in this one because she kinda defended Sawako from those girls that were tryna pick on her for no reason, Kurumi told them very well that Kazehaya chose out of himself, this was his choice and he went with it and he succeeded. This anime's wholesomeness literally skyrocketed for me, the cute moments, even the sad moments really got me (not to the point of crying though xd), I'm super glad that Sawako finally got to tell her feelings towards Kazehaya, even the romantic scenes felt amazing to witness. We didn't really see an sort of kiss but that doesn't matter for me, the way it was build up to them being together was more than enough for me, It was played incredibly good. I even liked when Ryuu completely out of nowhere said to Chizuru "I Like You" and Chizuru was like "I already know" haha. I'm glad that i got to experience this masterpiece, I just don't have any more words to say than just wow, this really made me happy. I'm happy that i witnessed this anime.

I am sad to see that there probably won't be an season 3 in the near future given how long it has been, I just hope that Kazehaya and Sawako are living an beautiful life together because they worked hard for it and its very well deserved.
Nov 30, 2022 1:43 PM

Apr 2020
I like the show but they didn't even kiss? not even the stereotypical last scene ever kiss, just a hug. oh well
Deep down, we all have trash taste
Dec 24, 2022 9:54 PM
Apr 2022
ITS PERFECT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Jan 4, 2023 4:13 AM

Dec 2019
wow, what a series, it did stumble a little at the beginning of the second season but it made up for it a lot in the last few episodes. easily one of my favourite shows out there now.
Apr 1, 2023 6:57 PM
Feb 2022
Aguante el besto Shojo Kimi ni Todoke! mi top 3 Waifu Kuronuma <3
Apr 14, 2023 8:07 PM
Mar 2021
I want season 3! I love this so much!!
Jun 17, 2023 6:38 PM

Jan 2020
It took them this much episodes to confess, who knows how long it would take for them to kiss....or even procreate.......
Sep 28, 2023 3:24 PM
Sep 2023
great show AND ENDING
Nov 23, 2023 1:45 PM
Jul 2022
My heart is smiling.
Dec 19, 2023 10:27 PM

Dec 2023
It was so cute to see the ending and both of them together.
elitekawaii on discord
Dec 22, 2023 5:39 AM

Feb 2019
That was great. Now to wait for Season 3!
Dec 22, 2023 6:04 PM

Oct 2022
All of those frustrating moments that made me feel like ripping my hair out.. lead up to that very satisfying ending.. Kinda feels like all the pain was worth it XD..

Waiting for 3rd season now.
UndefeatedBahamut
Dec 22, 2023 9:02 PM
Mar 2022
Pretty good!!
8/10
Now im waiting for the 3rd season!
Jan 18, 4:14 AM
May 2021
This season triggered me so much especially when Sawako and Kazehaya having a hard time to convey their feelings to each other.

But in the end they are happy together.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 15, 2011

211 by Quiddity131 »»
Mar 23, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2011

182 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 8, 2011

221 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Feb 22, 2011

156 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zimno - Feb 8, 2011

202 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 6:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.