Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2011 10:10 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I know I have not been active in the thread of this but that's because they did a double on me and it's takes more time to do 2 than one. Anyways a glorious satisfying end to me and Maruga pawning all of the episode with not only some intimate time with Ryuuji but also freezing the runaway for the plane to slide in the following her pose before she does that is EPIC,

not to mention I want that OST track that plays at that part. However TBH seeing Onyx was like damn, when is he going to be gone for good. In general my opinion on this series is three things:
1. Cute
2. Dragon interesting as well as artifact wise interesting.
3. Action/Romance fine.

Verdict still stays at 9 on 10 due to designs in particular of this series. More later.
Yumekichi11Mar 29, 2011 9:05 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 28, 2011 11:44 AM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
Love Engage <3

I didn't really like the romance part tho, since it was a bit plain.
(Is plain the right word?)

I'll give this episode a 9, but Dragon Crisis itself was only worth 8.

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Mar 28, 2011 12:22 PM

Nov 2008
Snowical said:
Love Engage <3

indeed..

And going from the worst episode (possibly of any anime ive watched this season in DC 11) to this?. Quite a turn around from horrible to good id say lol
Mar 28, 2011 12:36 PM

Feb 2008
some how i cant accept this. they went with the cheesiest ending ever. i was already not liking this and this episodes pretty much killed it for me. the transformation with the big giant heart that KO'ed onyx? ah come on. lame.
Mar 28, 2011 12:45 PM

Mar 2010
WTF? Are you serious? I hope someone will tell me that this is just bad April Fool joke...
No, really I know that this is action romance but to go as far as to "Love engage" and all those pink hearts? It was like sweetnes overkill...
This ending is really lame...
Mar 28, 2011 12:55 PM

Nov 2008
Everybody is friends ending, it's Shukufuku no Campanella all over again although this one is way more fitting than Campanella. The love engage was cute, awesome, and tasted like diabetes every millisecond the effect active. I dig Rose's new hairdo, she always looked better with twintails or pigtails. Maruga is quite the voice of reason as well as beautiful, kind, polite, and badass too, she nearly caused the plane to crash without using ice or even touching the plane, you don't want to make this dragon lady angry for even the slightest reason, lots of Maruga screentime made me a happy camper. I want that music in the airport scene and it needs to be in the OST badly, the episode was excellent

9/10

Mar 28, 2011 1:03 PM
Sep 2008
I liked it...

all except for the "heart" and "the end"

I really hate those things from this ep
-------

I would still like a second season
Codman24Mar 28, 2011 1:07 PM
Mar 28, 2011 1:07 PM

Jun 2008
Maevar said:
WTF? Are you serious? I hope someone will tell me that this is just bad April Fool joke...

It's not april and it's not a joke...this is how it "ends".

I guess this is yet another generic ending to a generic anime, Meh, I don't really have much to say other than Rie is still an awesome VA and the character designs were nice.

That's about it....6/10 (It just never really got me going, I never thought it was that great)
Mar 28, 2011 1:10 PM

Apr 2010
Your typical harem ending absolutely terrible.

The episode itself wasn't very good either and seemed to ignore common physics and realism for the most part.
For instance since a plane uses trust to push itself forward instead of traction ice should not effect it's speed in the ground unless it's frozen stuck on the ice.
As i mater of fact ice should even make it easier to lift off.
Then there was also the landing since Onyx lifted the plane up it should have dropped like a brick when Onyx let go of it since it had no speed of it own yet it made a nice smooth landing.
I am probably over thinking on this and taking things to serious here since it's anime

Roze regaining her memories at the last moment was something predictable and i saw it coming from the start of this episode.
It was a bit of a mystery whose side Sappie was on tho since she seemed to be helping both sides.

All in all this Anime was a bit of a let down but that was already clear from the start.
Just that this ending made it allot worse and it's making me wonder why i watched this.
Mar 28, 2011 1:11 PM

Aug 2010
Good anime IMO.

9/10.

Season 2 plz.
Mar 28, 2011 1:15 PM

May 2009
ok...i was really amazing and really dumb at the same time.

when they kissed and said "love engage" it was MAD AMAZING! but when the GIANT pink heart of energy killed Onyx I was like "Are you serious?" UGH
I loved the music as always, I guess I would watch a 2nd season if it came out.
Mar 28, 2011 1:18 PM
Sep 2007
I expected more but it was a decent ending. I was hoping we'd get to see Rose in her dragon form but guess that didn't work out...I guess their will b a 2nd season since it was a pretty open ending.
Mar 28, 2011 1:29 PM

Nov 2008
ThorAxe911 said:

Season 2 plz.

Season 2 needs to be made and it better be a full 12 episodes like this or a 3-4 episode OVA at 26 minutes long or more. No awkward 8 episode second season like with Mitsudomoe.

Mar 28, 2011 1:33 PM

May 2010
Hey i thought it was pretty good. I appreciate that fact that he actually picked a chick that he fell in love with instead of most harems just leaving it open like the guy is unable to decide from the many hot babes all over him. I wasn't sure if he was gonna make a definite decision at the end or not but with the kiss and the holding hands u get a clear answer to who he has feelings for.
Mar 28, 2011 1:40 PM

Sep 2009
oh wow, that's it?

No epic battle vs Onyx....just plot enage, and poof...Onyx get's trolled

Was Kubo directing this or something?

Kinda sad....I was hoping for something...well...more....Liked the ending, but the rest was just kinda disappointing

7/10
Mar 28, 2011 1:42 PM

Jul 2009
You know this Monkey Island-insult?

"You make me wanna puke!" - "You make me think someone already did!"

I think they both are a fitting description of that episode.
Mar 28, 2011 1:43 PM

Jan 2011
lol
I think the episode was fine and satisfying
lol
love engage~ e3e
Ai.. so random LOL
as for the end, I like it
he chose Rose 8D
even though, I feel like Eto-san, and her friend
still trying for the get Ryuji plan..
xD oh well
Mar 28, 2011 1:45 PM

Nov 2009
Scytheboy813 said:
ok...i was really amazing and really dumb at the same time.

when they kissed and said "love engage" it was MAD AMAZING! but when the GIANT pink heart of energy killed Onyx I was like "Are you serious?" UGH
I loved the music as always, I guess I would watch a 2nd season if it came out.

nuff said there
Mar 28, 2011 1:49 PM

Mar 2010
I was hoping for some Giant Red Dragon vs Giant Black Dragon awesomeness or something. But nah, just a fruity giant pink heart. And his parents appearing was cool... for like the 5 seconds they were featured.. that was dumb.
Ah well. Still a good anime, hope there will be a sequel of some sort though.
Mar 28, 2011 1:53 PM

Jan 2009
Inarius said:
Kubo's a genius compared to this. Sad but true.

Well anyway, that was... retarded.
I hope they never make another season of this. And may they burn the source material.
The only good things about this whole thing was Ai, Maruga and the OP. The rest, horrible. Especially Misaki or whatever her name was. And Rose. And Eriko. And Onyx's whole gang. Oh and, not forgetting Ryuuji. He should just go and die.
[/rant]
Now, I'll go watch that zombie stuff, and then I'll need to cleanse my mind with some Macross Frontier. At least it's likeable.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 28, 2011 2:21 PM

Jun 2009
The series as a whole was somewhat enjoyable... The romance and the ending to this anime was pretty pretty cliche I have to admit. Can't say I liked it but can't say I hated it. Very very predictable is all I can describe this.

7/10 (maybe even lower)...

I don't know why but I'm getting tired of hearing Kugimiya Rie's voice, is it just me?
Mar 28, 2011 2:22 PM

Feb 2009
Soooo... They actually didn't even bother to explain one single thing about this entire show... That's quite the nerve.

And I almost threw up at that love engage bit. Cheese overload is never a good thing.

All in all, this show had nothing about plot to do and was all about random shit with random girls of random species.

6/10 almost seems too generous for this bullshit parade but hey, I'm a generous guy.

Just, never ever make any kind of continuation for this please. I'd be forced to watch it.
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Mar 28, 2011 2:26 PM

Feb 2010
Maevar said:
No, really I know that this is action romance but to go as far as to "Love engage" and all those pink hearts? It was like sweetnes overkill...
This ending is really lame...

Was I the only one who laughed at that bit, how could they make such a serious scene so funny, I was crying my eye's out with laughter.
Mar 28, 2011 2:27 PM

Jul 2009
Wtf was this shit... The amount of trash in this episode... It's incomprehensible, really. Like a Seagal movie or something. D:
I mean, seriously... The dude casually jumps out of a speeding car... The next SECOND he's ramming a chopper into the plane... Then he ends up on the plane... And the chopper falls down... And Eriko uses the chopper as a GODDAMN RAMP and jumps on the plane... Landing the car directly on Onyx... WTF MAN?! D:

Also, love engage was epic cliché garbage.

The show gets a 6/10 from me on the account of a somewhat conclusive ending.
Mar 28, 2011 2:33 PM

Jun 2008
Oosran said:
Inarius said:
Kubo's a genius compared to this. Sad but true.

U MAD?

Anyways, what were you guys expecting, this anime was HORRIBLY GENERIC from episode 1...

It never got off, it never showed any hints at greatness, this was just an OK generic anime....that's it....don't take it so hard.
Mar 28, 2011 2:38 PM

May 2009
I think I puked a little in my mouth. Car jumping onto the plane, Ryuuji's parents' random appearence, Rose getting her memories back because of ice cream, love engage, pink heart kills Onyx. And to top it off, random harem gathering of everyone at the school.

Overall, the anime was mostly okay, but with this ending I'm not sure what to rate it.
stAtic91Mar 28, 2011 2:45 PM
Mar 28, 2011 2:38 PM

Feb 2008
i gave it an 8 but the ending was lame. i knew he it was gonna be a romance type of ending, but the big pink heart engage was like bleh...
Mar 28, 2011 2:57 PM

Oct 2007
What was that? I don't even.
Mar 28, 2011 3:23 PM

Aug 2010
stAtic91 said:
And to top it off, random harem gathering of everyone at the school

I don't know why, but i busted out laughing at that part ^_^

Ai, the best character in this anime IMO.
Mar 28, 2011 3:27 PM
Sep 2010
I actually enjoyed that episode. But I have no idea why. It was possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. I'm sure the writers were taking something seriously illegal when they wrote this. And yet.... I think it managed to make it into 'So Bad, It's Good' territory. It was so gleefully over the top and it didn't care. I don't know, I think I'd actually quite look forward to another series if one was announced, just to see if they could top this episode.
Mar 28, 2011 4:14 PM

Nov 2009
I liked the ending, I mean not the episode in general, but the later part of the episode.

A few things I noticed:

I liked the Love Engage thing, the fact that they actually kissed is nice.

The parents seem pretty awesome, it was good to see them.

All the girls coming in at the end was a nice touch, it's good to see all the girls sticking around, since the cute character designs is probably one of the things I actually enjoyed about this show.

Also, they held hands at the end, that is always good. Usually nothing at all happens when people confess or become more of a couple in shows like this.

Overall, decent ending, I didn't care much for the beginning / middle of the episode.
Mar 28, 2011 4:32 PM

Nov 2008
That Love Engage was cheesy, but still liked it. I enjoyed this anime, and I'm glad that he practically proposed to Rose. That was nice.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Mar 28, 2011 4:48 PM

Jul 2010
i wasn't expecting that much to begin with, but it had a nice ending, at lest better then some other shows. 7/10
Mar 28, 2011 4:56 PM

Oct 2010
That heart of doom was too much cheese on top of the previously added cheese of love engage.
Best Part - Ai trying to understand what just happen with that Kiss
This smells to second season... one can only hope
This was an interesting show 8/10
huh?
Mar 28, 2011 5:47 PM

Apr 2008
down with just one love engage -.- lol?

Mar 28, 2011 5:48 PM

Sep 2008

Anyways the anime was bleh.. I wished Eriko was the main character.. Rose's relationship with Ryuuji was just to cheesy for me...
Mar 28, 2011 6:08 PM
Oct 2009
Low 7/10

Would watch season two if it came out.

Mar 28, 2011 6:16 PM
Apr 2010
That BMW M6 flying towards the plane's roof was the highlight of the ep. *goes out to buy one*
Mar 28, 2011 6:20 PM

Dec 2008
I am actually relieved that this show is over. I rolled my eyes through almost all of this episode. That "Love Engage" was absolutely ridiculous...and the final classroom scene was just stupid. *smh*

This show started off really good and then somewhere along the way it just got all BUSTED up and went REALLY lame. The only reason I stuck with it was because I'd made it more than halfway through and was determined to see it through till the end.

I gave it a 6/10. It would have been a 5, but I liked the animation.

The only thing I'll miss about this show is the ED.
Mar 28, 2011 6:29 PM

May 2009
Nice, syrupy-happy finale. Talk about having your cake and eating it too. Ryuji chooses Rose yet all the girls are still around. Guess it qualifies for harem end. But who wasn't in that classroom in the end? I'm sure Onyx was there too in vapor form lol. Eriko in the uni gave me a chuckle though. Anyways, it was fairly enjoyable so long as you don't dwell on it too much.
Mar 28, 2011 6:42 PM

Apr 2009
Instead of going off about the lame "power-of-love-destroys-all-evil-in-the-universe" ending, I'll instead point out a lesser talked about issue with the series.

Dragon Crisis tried to do too much within it's short span of 12 episodes. Every episode felt like it was trying to cover an entire novel in 25 minutes. New characters were constantly introduced, then quickly thrown to the wayside to make way for another character to make their debut or have a cheesy romance scene with Ryuji. Still, I know these things aren't meant to be taken seriously, and It's probably my fault for expecting something new.

In the end, I'm sure this series will have an OVA, picture drama, or perhaps even a sequel. The last episode sets that up in the most unsubtle way imaginable, with the main Character's Friend practically yelling: "Hey! What's up with this mysterious new teacher character?!"

And if such a thing comes to exist, I probably won't be able to help myself from watching it.
Mar 28, 2011 6:49 PM
Mar 2011
So we all know that the love engage crap happened, and a big heart came out, and Onyx got killed. What the hell would happen if the two boned? I mean come on, if a little kiss could OBLITERATE a fricken POWERFUL GIANT BLACK DRAGON, then if they boned, would all the fricken evil on the planet be obliterated? Do they hold that power in their sexual organs alone? If I were him, then for the name of justice, I would have sex with rose every damn day.
Mar 28, 2011 6:54 PM

Apr 2009
AndyZim said:
So we all know that the love engage crap happened, and a big heart came out, and Onyx got killed. What the hell would happen if the two boned? I mean come on, if a little kiss could OBLITERATE a fricken POWERFUL GIANT BLACK DRAGON, then if they boned, would all the fricken evil on the planet be obliterated? Do they hold that power in their sexual organs alone? If I were him, then for the name of justice, I would have sex with rose every damn day.

LOL Dude You should totally write the sequel! It'd be the best moral I've ever learned from an anime!
Mar 28, 2011 7:04 PM

Oct 2010
Ragnaroxas5 said:
Dragon Crisis tried to do too much within it's short span of 12 episodes. Every episode felt like it was trying to cover an entire novel in 25 minutes. New characters were constantly introduced, then quickly thrown to the wayside to make way for another character to make their debut or have a cheesy romance scene with Ryuji.
I will agree with you on this one, it seemed that way too but sometimes dragging out characters too long sucks also in terms of "I am too used to that character" or "Character becomes annoying" for example I am sure not a lot of people would tolerate Misaki to show up every 2 episodes in a 24 episode series. Regardless it would be nice to have some characters come back for a little in harmony of making the story progress.
AndyZim said:
No well, I think the point was love obliterates evil since Onyx had nothing but power gaining ambitions there was no love in him so he was demoleculized because Ryuuji/Rose's love particles disintegrated Onyx. The fact that he was a dark Dragon already meant he was evil and going to remain. Also a reason why he always had money since easy money = sometimes using dirty/evil ways in obtaining it. Anyways it was cheesy but it to demonstrate love erases evil. I am not so sure what sex would have as a power but cleaning up cities of evil vermin seems plausible to me. Of course you would have to take in consideration that a KO from orgasm for both Ryuuji and Rose would be inevitable to say the least.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 28, 2011 7:04 PM

Aug 2010
AndyZim said:

LOL!

Sex Engage

Mar 28, 2011 7:09 PM
Nov 2009
This show was pretty cheesy. But whatever, it had Rie. 8/10
Mar 28, 2011 7:15 PM

Sep 2010
Snowical said:

I didn't really like the romance part tho.

So do I, and the ending as well.
Well the artwork and all things was pretty good.

9/10
Mar 28, 2011 7:22 PM

Jan 2008
If this episode is really the last one, the ending sort of sucked and was a bit lame. But if a second season/sequel does show up, it's not a bad season ender... They left out too many things, really hope they make a second season.
Mar 28, 2011 7:33 PM

Jul 2010
laughed so hard when they defeated onyx with the power of loooooooove. 7/10 terrible show but not as bad as infinite stratos. What was with the fruity giant pink heart, i mean come on I cant believe they went the fruity route. That was just bad.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Mar 28, 2011 8:07 PM

Jul 2008
alexcampos said:

Anyways, what were you guys expecting, this anime was HORRIBLY GENERIC from episode 1...

It never got off, it never showed any hints at greatness, this was just an OK generic anime....that's it....don't take it so hard.

Oh please, I can't take anything you say seriously with your R+V avy.

Alright ending for an alright show.
As far as action harem goes this one was quite good. Something cliche is not a bad thing, of course originality is better but it is nothing really worth complaining about. What matter is the directing. This show had an average directing which is kind of good giving all the nonsense we get each season.
Production values were above average and the ost was made of win imo.

Seriously this show wasn't the best show this season but also wasn't the worst, by far and those that say otherwhise are stubborn, skimmed through it or say it's bad because the cool kid said it is.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sirwence - Feb 21, 2011

65 by OweynLupton »»
May 26, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 10, 2011

159 by White_Alice »»
May 22, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Feb 7, 2011

85 by Skirroz98_NL »»
May 26, 2022 2:37 AM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hoppy - Jan 24, 2011

138 by Skirroz98_NL »»
May 25, 2022 2:55 PM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Mar 21, 2011

82 by Ashhk »»
Apr 18, 2021 6:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.