Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Bakuman Episode 24 Discussion

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Poll: Bakuman Episode 24 Discussion

03-30-11, 10:51 AM

stevewiess01 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

If you have watched this episode, you'll know why this pretty much sums up the episode. :)

It looks like we're nearing the end of the first season and the real battle seems to begin in the 2nd season of Bakuman, which will involve Mashiro & Takagi, Nizuma, Fukuda, and probably also the mysterious guy at the convenience store.

Anyway, I was gently surprised by the improvement of the animation quality from J.C. Staff compared to the earlier episodes of the first season and how the they delivered the story without any major trouble so far. I'm not a big fan of shounen manga, but I think Bakuman is defintiely an exception to that category.

Glad to know that Koogy is out of the race.

03-30-11, 9:16 PM

"Ma-Mashiro desu!" *beep* *beep* *beep* I loled there, poor Mashiro, he tried so hard to answer xD

All my gifs are in my blog

03-31-11, 7:42 AM

Haha. Poor Mashiro but looks like it didn't affect him . lol

and yeah, Koogy's reaction was priceless. xD

03-31-11, 11:24 AM

Okay, so KOOGY's work totally sucked compared to the others. No bug surprise, but oh well.
But well, at least the three others all placed the 3rd, which was to be expected.

It feels kinda bad that I didn't put 1 and 1 together until now, and thus didn't realize that the reason why some of the characters look so much alike some Death note characters is because it's the same author behind them.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.

03-31-11, 4:38 PM

This episode was a piece of shit.

Honestly, all episodes up to episode 15 were so boring with no pace at all. Then came episode 16 which was a terrific episode; finally something that makes this series worthwhile watching. This kept up until episode 23.

Then came this crappy episode. This was THE one episode where Mashiro and Azuki could develop their relationship further and take a step forward. But no, the producers just had to choose for an all non-realistic approach of a girl not being able to talk to the boy she's gonna marry and be TOTALLY FINE WITH IT. Damn, she even convinced her mom that she won't make the same mistake as her. Really now? Her whole relationship with Mashiro is based on a friggin' mistake.

Maybe I'm just mad because this episode differs from the manga (yes, in the manga Azuki and Mashiro actually do talk on the phone, perfectly fine even). And actually, I don't mind if anime producers take a different approach on the manga. By all means - if it improves the base storyline - go ahead and do it.

But this was just a shitty edit with no improvement whatsoever on the story, it even made it worse.
Modified by Reksho, 03-31-11, 4:52 PM

03-31-11, 5:00 PM

"This is Ma-Mashiro!" *beep* *beep* *beep*
*cue The Price is Right losing horns.

lmao

04-01-11, 11:29 PM

WAHHH cant wait till next season.. ><
^^Same, koogy couldnt have got a good score.
in real life, this long distance not talking to each other or seeing each other relationship will never work!

04-02-11, 8:00 PM

So they didn't talk over the phone... Oh and I got the reactions I totally expected from all of you.... But it really sucks that they're not even able to talk each other over the phone.... It's totally lame how she handles the situation and still she had the guts to tell her mom that she won't make the same mistake she did.... But one thing's right... How are they supposed to marry if they can't even have a relaxed phone chit-chat.... pretty lame... And I can't actually remember they had a chat over the phone in the manga... that has been ages ago... pretty much why I can't remember... still... what's up? Why the heck she hung up.... that's quite rude... Suck for the poor Mashiro... I hope the producers dun change future important scenes...

Oh and in the end Niizuma was right! Kiyoshi and Trap tied in first and Hideout Door ending up in third! That's how it turned out... A tie and a third place, plus Koogy's utter defeat setting him back to the Fourteenth Place muahahaaha... Poor guy got crushed... And his reaction was awesome too hahaha... They all got lots of votes... only a few votes of difference... Well then.... the Final Battle (of the season) will be held at the Serialization meeting... YAY!

Hattori is amazing.... I love how he handled the situation... and how he was so sincere with Yuujiro. Yuujiro was interesting as well... Well I do really hope they're captains one of these days... They're doing really well...

Ad Hiramaru was back this episode! And not only once but twice!!! Reading manga and learning stuff about it! Hahahaha... Looks like he will be the surprise factor for the next episode... the Seson Finale... could it be that the anon gets one of the positions for the contenders of the Golden Cup? (I dun remember tho xD) Yoshida had some suspicious movements there.... I'm ready for the next episode!

Signs,
Green

04-05-11, 9:28 PM

One more ep left. :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~

04-09-11, 12:52 AM

Haha Miho is so shy >__< Or maybe it's something different from shy, as she doesn't have much problem talking to Takagi...

07-14-11, 1:59 PM

Lol the nervousness for the phone call was the best part... though she was to nervous to go through with it...

Behold of my awesomeness~

02-01-12, 1:27 PM

there's one more episode ... I'm curious end

02-10-12, 5:32 AM

Why would 14-year-olds like the detective story and the 17-year-olds like the typical shounen manga? Isn't is usually the other way round?

04-09-12, 5:32 PM

I KNEW Azuki would hang up!

I was waiting for it and BAM!
|ω・)

05-11-12, 1:27 AM

When Azuki hung up on Mashiro... I almost died laughing! xD

08-05-12, 10:42 PM

I was really happy to see that KOOGY didn't get even close to first.
It was pretty funny but sad that Azuki hung up on Mashiro.

08-17-12, 2:23 AM

Koogy got his ass kicked, I loved that!
I want to know who gets serialized, perhaps it will be all 3 of them!
I'm looking forward to the last episode of season 1.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.

09-17-12, 9:02 PM

When Azuki hung up on Mashiro, that was a highlight of the entire anime LOL.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika

09-30-12, 5:52 PM

Colorfusical getting 14th was awesome, great display of reader power vs. fanboy power!

05-25-13, 1:56 AM

The lack of romantic development really bothered me this episode.
Those bitches better come face to face in the second season.

12-10-13, 2:49 PM

Oh boy things sure are going to be great in the next and final episode of this first season, so let's see what the next episode has to offer and lol Miho you're way to shy, open yourself up a bit and listen to your mother!

01-18-14, 8:42 AM

I wonder who's that mysterious guy that we often see but never saw his face. It have to be a big reveal for the first season ending.

Oh god, I would have felt so humiliated if someone I loved would have hung up on me. It was sad but hilarious at the same time xD

So the last mile's up ahead. Go go go!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

01-18-14, 11:21 PM

lol @ Koogy, that's what you get for being a cheap bastard >:D Only one episode to go for S1.
Member of the Anime Discussion Club

01-20-14, 12:29 AM

SERIALIZATION time! :)

11-19-14, 12:31 PM

Hattori is awesome, he really wants his guys to do well regardless of the credit he'll get for managing them. Nice bloke.

03-07-15, 4:13 PM

I'm starting to hate Miho. Her immature outlook on love makes her seem really naive and full of herself, because she doesn't seem to know what she's talking about. Also Mashiro has no balls when it comes to girls like AT ALL. He can follow his dreams but can't talk to a girl he knew for years over the phone.
But I really hope Miho gets some development because as of now she annoys me.

03-26-15, 8:22 PM

I have a bad feeling about this....

Pages (2) « 1 [2]