Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 25, 2011 9:17 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Beautiful fight and episode. Full of the same gore and good stuff of episode 10. As usual series tends to be great near the end IMO. It certainly did not disappoint from the very beginning, having a missile launch in the spoiler
being a fan of those, I appreciated such a setup. Top notch fighting from the beginning with Elise cutting with her volt weapon throughout the Nova’s tentacle (calling them like that) and striking a most excellent pose. Shit started to happen but a good surprise of Yumi coming to the rescue was great because those 2 are the only veterans left from the last Nova clash. The start of introducing the first fight contenders with HQ onscreen gave away who it is and was good looking. Nice ear pieces acting as communications device. Whatever is that thing stuck on Lancelot’s back, it’s pretty gruesome with its hoses. Of course Ganessa always has to make wrong faces at the wrong time but she is not the only one. What really was done well IMO compared to the manga is Cathy’s suffering through running blood/tears from her eyes in the following,

now that illustrated really well her suffering with the Nova’s stigmata implanted in her.

About Elizabeth, I am going to tackle her first because this episode showed the #1 reason why IMO she is the deadliest of the Pandoras. If you notice Elizabeth’s Nova formed crystals with her firing them in the spoiler
and that it reverts back to its form. You could pretty much imagine how fast she could be with them in Tempest Turn Accel mode, good in finding the 2 lasers when her other 2 copies do the same thing. Plus she could move those crystals fast. Anyways those crystals shoot out something similar to a Nova’s beam and as such cut through flesh easily as well as can easily knock down in precision the Nova Pandoras’ crystals. As usual Elizabeth’s cocky full of trust face never ceases to be cool but what caught more my attention is that Cathy is able to use freezing. That’s pretty crazy, a Nova Pandora that also acts as Limiter but too bad for Cathy that Elizabeth’s limiter stopped Cathy’s freezing and he is pretty cool in the spoiler

Problem is that his freezing made Cathy go into berserk overload causing a floor meltdown but one Nova Pandora was down and it’s just too bad her crystal was not crushed because its beating red and that resulted in Elizabeth being knocked off and that Nova Pandora to be in front of Lancelot. This could turn out bad next episode.

About Kazuya, he is the man that climbed in this episode with being GAR and a better speech convincing than Touma. Kazuya unfortunately took the wrong time to remind Bridget of him knowing about the senpai. Really wrong time for that. When he started to use his freezing along with his facial expression in the spoiler
that’s when he became really GAR! That’s his coolest expressions yet. What really was baffling with Kazuya but worked out marvelously better than Touma’s speech was the fact that by reminding his time with Cathy and her remembering her smiling face during that time triggered miraculously a going back to her normal Pandora-self while in Nova Pandora mode, which prompted her crystal to torment her back into Nova Pandora mode. Kazuya not giving up and looking bad ass with blood dripping down his face in the spoiler
earned himself a place in my Hall of Fame for males. That was just bad ass and he really pushed himself a lot.

His picture with his sister was very cute to see him young like that with her. Unfortunately he Cathy’s crystal overwhelmed him and blasted in the most nasty way towards a wall. Now that must have hurt more than anything before.

About Bridget’s fight with Cathy, that was not good IMO, they took out too much gore and Kazuya’s involvement was a little too glorified despite making him a bad ass. Bridget suffered a lot more hits than ever before. To name them, she got a first nasty one with a slash at her back. It followed fast with her being slashed repeatedly by Cathy’s monstrous quad Accel speed and as such the most perfect cloth ripping with blood mix in balance came to. Now that scene was really balanced out nicely with cloth rips and blood. Further on she gets slammed into the wall with a aura of what looks like meaning to being slammed at a high speed at the wall. The worst IMO of this fight was when Cathy changed her volt weapon type and pierced into Bridget’s body in the spoiler
now that’s gore nice!
Even while she recovered from that she still got a slash under the breasts, another one on the chest and a third one on what looks to be a direct hit on her breasts. Damn now that’s a lot of slashes. That’s not to forget another wall slam and the 2nd worst attack on her of Cathy’s stab in Bridget’s shoulder.

Despite all that Bridget excelled magnificently while close up shots of her panties were not omitted most nudity was. The really good stuff happens when the OST plays as Bridget’s eyes become all blue and a shape that reminds me of those from Sekirei. Bridget’s wings from her stigmata and the way her Tempest Turn Double Accel was shown was great! She did a nice job of hitting with her Nova Blood the Nova crystal of Cathy, which unfortunately was not enough and got her back online. I noticed at that time how that crystal was linked to her body with those light strings. Despite that Bridget’s super powering and clashing with Cathy in the spoiler
really amp-ed up the situation of excitement with the OST still being perfectly nice. Bridget’s triple Accel display was also well displayed but it could not last long against Cathy’s Tempest Turn Quad Accel because she still makes 4 figures of herself VS the 3 of Bridget. That almost got her killed until Kazuya freezes nicely Cathy. He thus nicely reconciles with Bridget and of course Cathy’s nipple details are another ecchi plus I noticed.

Kind of wondering what this is. It looks like a stigmata being born and the machine used to infuse into the woman’s body. No matter what Bridget’s nude figure with its setup in the spoiler
got me thinking of how nice a art portrait would it be to paint of her when in this form, well it got me thinking a little about that. In the end if Cathy did not stop herself from almost doing a fatal stab on Bridget through a self realization that she did not want to do this here, I would most fear for Bridget’s survival in that situation. Nice Bridget face here and hoping they do not screw up with Cathy’s fate at the hands of Bridget in the next episode because the gore was really toned down a lot.

Rest in the spoiler
About miscellaneous stuff, the intermission is about Kim Yumi and Elise Schmitz in the spoiler
Now in regards to Kim, biggest bust size but I assume this because she is a adult. Surprised a little she is from Korea. I’m OK with the piano playing, used to play it myself. Don’t know about her favorite food but her breasts being her weak point sure makes one want to play with them, especially since they have a huge bust. In regards to Elise, bust size being small is surprising but Germany was a given due to her family name. Her hobby and favorite food is a big OK for me, especially steak!

About preview, the preview leaves really a lot to wonder about but next episode needs the freaking gore! Come on! Bring in more gore than ever and no ecchi at all. They must do it! Anyways, this week’s art in the spoiler
is something Kazuya should do and enjoy like before the series ends, maybe he will do it anyways in the specials. The art looks nice.
Yumekichi11Mar 27, 2011 12:41 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 26, 2011 2:37 AM
Jun 2008
Now when did Kazuya hit his head >.>"

...Anyway his mother really look like Satellizer . siscon I guess ... and the flash back remind me of what happen in IS
Mar 26, 2011 3:38 AM

Sep 2007
Was a real good episode. :)
Mar 26, 2011 4:18 AM

Jul 2010
Kazuya Uzeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 26, 2011 5:08 AM

Jan 2011
MorningGlory said:

...Anyway his mother really look like Satellizer . siscon I guess ... and the flash back remind me of what happen in IS

Uhm he didn't but I'm pretty sure that he started bleeding because of the immense strain he suffers when activating such high level freezing
Mar 26, 2011 8:02 AM
Jul 2018
Quite brutal
Mar 26, 2011 8:10 AM
Aug 2010
Looks like we're getting an original ending....thats sad. lol kinda expecting it though since the anime wasnt loyal to the manga. Never the less, this episode is so-so like the others. For those that like this anime, go read the manga, its like 99999999999% better than the anime. Guess the japanese producers ruined the korean manhwa...
Mar 26, 2011 9:15 AM

Sep 2009
type_silver

You're kidding me. Of cause they changed some things to worser but the plot are 95% equal to manga. And I don't think they'll change the ending. Maybe second possessed pandora would be captured not by Shifon but I doubt it.I just finished 6th volume today and they don't make any "critical" changes in this episode.

But yes, manga is much better.
Mar 26, 2011 9:53 AM

Aug 2010
That was pretty epic! Loved the BGM. Last episode next! ;oo
Mar 26, 2011 9:56 AM

Jul 2010
MorningGlory said:

its his sis not mother
his mother hasnt been mentioned once in the serie
Mar 26, 2011 12:09 PM

Jun 2010
Really interesting episode. I've been waiting for the fight between Satella and Kathy. Although I wish the anime at least followed the manga a little bit more because it's way better.

Mar 26, 2011 12:54 PM

Jul 2009
They followed it pretty well this episode.
I can't wait until the next episode, will Shiffon (not sure if that's how you spell it) show up. I forgot haha.
Mar 26, 2011 1:20 PM
Apr 2010
I only have one thing to describe this episode: INTENSE!!!!!!

Mar 26, 2011 1:29 PM

Apr 2010
Pretty nice episode lots of action and pretty nice fights.
And seeing Atia fight instead of just scheming up a plan to avoid fighting was ironic which also seemed to be pretty tiresome for her.
Considering how she acting right after the fight.

Garnessa fainting halfway trough the fight was funny tho it wasn't entirely do to fear it was befitting to see and i wonder how she will act next time.
Shame Rana sacrificed herself to protect her tho.
It just shows what kind of person Rana is who Garnessa thought to be just drag but it turned out Garnessa herself was the drag in this fight.

Bridgette joined the fight pretty late and it also seemed she had problems with understanding that Cathy wanted her the help her.
That Bridgette understood that she needs Aoi is also about time and i wonder how the baptism will go between them and what Rana will think of it.
Mar 26, 2011 4:54 PM
Jun 2009
Nachtwandler_21 said:
type_silver

You're kidding me. Of cause they changed some things to worser but the plot are 95% equal to manga. And I don't think they'll change the ending. Maybe second possessed pandora would be captured not by Shifon but I doubt it.I just finished 6th volume today and they don't make any "critical" changes in this episode.

But yes, manga is much better.

there was one major change. garnessa. in the manga she doesnt faint. she actually jumps in front of the a beam attack and gets basically half of her body disintegrated. her shining momment of awesomeness.
Mar 26, 2011 5:11 PM

Dec 2008
Satellizer was getting on my nerves with the whole "I don't need you thing." If it wasn't for Kazuya, she would be probably be dead right about now. I'm glad she finally realized that Kazuya is not using her as a replacement for his sister.

Can't wait to see what this "baptism" thing is all about.
Mar 26, 2011 5:20 PM

Mar 2011
Best episode of Freezing :DD Waiting the next~

Mar 26, 2011 6:40 PM

Aug 2010
I sure hope I get to see the baptism actually take place, but first I want to see some more good fights. It would be really cool if Satella and Lana would fight together, I would want them both as my partners.
Mar 26, 2011 7:25 PM

Nov 2008
nostripe361 said:
there was one major change. garnessa. in the manga she doesnt faint. she actually jumps in front of the a beam attack and gets basically half of her body disintegrated. her shining momment of awesomeness.
^THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE. Hope it's not difficult to understand.

As for the episode, it's getting better without those lame ripped clothes fanservices though there are some but not entirely revealing XD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 26, 2011 8:02 PM
Dec 2010
This fight in the manga was about 50 times more epic...
I am dissapoint...
Fasces349Mar 26, 2011 8:20 PM
Mar 26, 2011 8:07 PM

Sep 2009
The head bleeding seemed a little out there imo.

I liked the lack of fanservice in this ep, but the fight definitely wasn't as intense as I was expecting. :U
Mar 26, 2011 8:22 PM

Jan 2011
Geesh....Satella being Tsundere at its finest....glad she finally realized kazuya wasn't just using her (which should have been obvious)She really does pick the WRONG times to be tsundere and settle her social issues.

Kazuya gaining his Bad-ass license back little by little. The bloody forehead probably hurt like hell from the pressure from that amount of freezing.

Where the hell is Chiffon?! I'm betting she's the LAST LAST line of defense, she's probably hidden in the room the corrupted pandora just broke in, waiting to fuck her up. I hope they show her finally, cause that corrupt pandora is in for a ass whoopin.
Mar 26, 2011 8:31 PM

Sep 2008
I believe that if they put Mamiko Noto alone in the front, she would have bested most of the group allowing the rest of the losers to gang up on what is left.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2011 9:01 PM

Jun 2009
This show seriously needs a second season it is not like the manga is short of content. I have to say I enjoyed this episode despite the deviations (read the chapters if you want to know what they are).

Poor Lana ;_;
Mar 26, 2011 11:22 PM

Jul 2009
Lol, so much herp and derp this week. Maybe it won't be so lulzy with the finale next week.
Villetta_Nu said:

Probably has dolphins.

Jesus what an obscure reference.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 27, 2011 12:47 AM

Oct 2010
MorningGlory said:
I am highly assuming he had a old wound that spurted open because of his over exerting of his freezing power.
KillerYandere said:
Quite brutal
Not as much as the manga but this episode was quite on par with what anime gore should be more or less, too much intense for me is not good.
Aversa said:
And seeing Atia fight instead of just scheming up a plan to avoid fighting was ironic which also seemed to be pretty tiresome for her.
Considering how she acting right after the fight.
Yeah exactly that my friend. Attia sure was portrayed as being very lazy but she still fought with all she had.
Villetta_Nu said:
Satellizer was getting on my nerves with the whole "I don't need you thing." If it wasn't for Kazuya, she would be probably be dead right about now. I'm glad she finally realized that Kazuya is not using her as a replacement for his sister.
Same here in regards to Bridget's annoyance.
DenjaX said:
nostripe361 said:
^THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE. Hope it's not difficult to understand.
Actually it was around that part it happened so it was not beyond.

Mar 27, 2011 3:13 AM

Oct 2010
M16black-san said:
If you guys all agree that the manga battle is even better than this episode's, then I pretty much have to read lol. Also, there's less fan service throughout the manga right?
That's correct there is less and it is more emotional stimulating as well as gore wise.

Mar 27, 2011 3:57 AM

Sep 2010
So they destroy the stigmata... and it doesn't get destroyed. Alright then...
Mar 27, 2011 4:11 AM

Jul 2009
xxSaspra said:
The head bleeding seemed a little out there imo.
Indeed that just looked silly, especially since he started to bleed on top of the head as well^^

Also damn he got a hard-ass body, after being flung into a solid concrete wall (what looks like it at least) he just left a hole in it with no apparent wounds what so ever o.O
Mar 27, 2011 5:07 AM

Sep 2010
Good fight but need more blood/gore......
Mar 27, 2011 5:16 AM

May 2009
wheresthehandle said:
Villetta_Nu said:

Probably has dolphins.

Jesus what an obscure reference.
D:

Kind of liked this episode. Satellizer was a bit annoying with the whole "I don't need your help." and I'm not a fan of Kazuya, but the rest was nice.

Freezing has gotten better these past episodes since they're fighting Nova now instead of fucking around and killing each other.
Mar 27, 2011 6:34 AM

Jun 2008
Fasces349 said:
I am dissapoint...

They always fast forward the fights for some reason, which is kind of stupid considering big fights are from the favorite things of viewers.

The basic structure of the plot hasn't completely changed but the events are very different so we might get some new things in the ending since they made such big changes from the manga.

Anyway the manga might be better but it wasn't a bad episode simply as an anime episode. Actually it could very well be the best we had with lots of intense scenes and fighting. The whole thing of Satella worrying about being a replacement of his sister was probably a stupid move by the anime staff because the way they solved it in this episode doesn't make much sense though. Did they thought that was going to give the anime extra points than the manga or something?

One episode left, if the last episode is at least as good as this one then it will be a relatively good ending.
Mar 27, 2011 10:35 AM

Jun 2009
At last some decent action. And still, I hate the protagonist for being so wimpy. He doesn't deserve Satella at all.
Mar 27, 2011 10:56 AM

May 2010
Good episode due to action scenes but it still needs more.

Kazuya just kept on staring his allies until somebody is on the verge of death. :/
Mar 27, 2011 12:12 PM

Jul 2009
So, Kazuya's freezing is strong enough to hold a third year rank 1 Nova Pandora?
That's pretty strong, meaning Kazuya & Satellizer would make a kickass team, if it isn't like that he would get several, possibly unofficial, but still partners, being as powerful as he is. That would be interesting.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Mar 27, 2011 12:18 PM
Jan 2011

So,In the end Satellizer is now starting to go beyond the brother and sister relationship and is now considering to do Kazuya.
ChavezMar 28, 2011 2:47 AM
Mar 27, 2011 12:20 PM

Jun 2008
Did you just quote that wall of text just to say that single sentence? At least hide it in a spoiler.
Mar 27, 2011 1:29 PM

Jul 2009
Very good episode IMO. The fight scenes were awesome - I barely noticed how much time had passed XD Third years were very good, second not so bad. Satella was being annoying when she was like "I don't need your help" (well of course he helped out anyway), and finally realised she's not just a "substitute"
So I guess next episode is them defending the body or something? Hope Cassie is all right D; I thought she was asking Satella to kill her ... D;
Mar 27, 2011 2:07 PM

Sep 2007
They could've done without all this stupid soap opera about Kazuya and his siscon intentions. I would be severely disappointed if the final episode did not have
Mar 27, 2011 3:21 PM

Jun 2009
Elizabeth! <3
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 27, 2011 3:36 PM

Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
They could've done without all this stupid soap opera about Kazuya and his siscon intentions. I would be severely disappointed if the final episode did not have
You mean

Mar 27, 2011 7:51 PM

Apr 2009
Fasces349 said:
I am dissapoint...

This about sums it up.
Mar 27, 2011 8:39 PM

Nov 2010
Finally attempt to make a epic battle in anime - Status: Failed_

Wondering what their going to pull out in the last episode, perhaps a complete change so that everyone can be happy?
Also perhaps another season to expand on what the manga has to offer.
Mar 27, 2011 8:50 PM

Jul 2010
Nice action packed episode! Seems I'll have to read the manga sometime to get the full picture here, but it seems a season 2 is needed here.
Mar 27, 2011 8:54 PM

Feb 2011
This episode definitely had my attention the entire time. The fights were good and Cathy was shown in a very sad but good way. At least Bridget got over the whole sister issue.
Mar 27, 2011 10:35 PM

Jan 2011
Not having read the manga, I can't offer an opinion on how much content is currently available for a second season (although it sounds from other comments like there is enough), but at some point we will need one to resolve where this is going. Defeating the four upgraded Novas and protecting the Holy Corpse isn't going to end the war! We need much more for a final resolution. Bring on a second season!
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 27, 2011 11:05 PM

Mar 2011
I loved the epic fight!
On a side note I never read the Manga is it as good? But the anime is pretty good, It has a good plot. The action is epic in some degree but the whole self loathing from Satellizer is a pain just like Villetta_Nu said lol.
Mar 28, 2011 1:42 AM

Apr 2009
Yeah we get it.. manga readers have impossible standards. Give it a rest. I never expected perfection from this anime, but at least i'm enjoying it for what it is.
Mar 28, 2011 5:58 AM

Jun 2010
The episode has a good action.
Mar 28, 2011 11:26 AM

Feb 2008
Fasces349 said:
I am dissapoint...

i second that. this is too annoying of a development. they still could have gone with the manga even without the brutality and it would have been much better.

i am starting to get really annoyed with Anime these days.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Freezing Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kiba1996 - Feb 25, 2011

96 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 18, 2011

94 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Feb 12, 2011

78 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 4, 2011

99 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 21, 2011

127 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 9:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.