MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Darker than BLACK Episode 16 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha »» Darker than BLACK Episode 16 Discussion

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
View Poll Results: Darker than BLACK Episode 16 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

96 72.73%
4 out of 5: Liked it

32 24.24%
3 out of 5: It was OK

3 2.27%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 0.76%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 132

10-22-10, 7:16 PM

Amber must have done something arduous to Hei, for him to be so vindictive towards her. But, I have a feeling that Amber didn't do whatever she may have done for her own, personal contentment. I want to believe she had a legitimate reason for betraying Hei, because she seems like she loves him. Amber is a mysterious, reticent character. Her actions are kinda shady, but I do think she doesn't have malicious intentions. I hope.

I do wonder what Amber's obeisance is. Judging from what her pirate ally said, it seems to be a dangerous one.

11-21-10, 3:32 AM

Nice. The power of time. I wonder what her renumeration is though.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~

12-12-10, 3:56 PM

Amber was AWESOME. LOVED THIS EPISODE!

01-15-11, 2:02 AM

I found Amber very similar to C.C., apart from her look all the power and smile remembers me of her. I liked her, she seems to be mysterious person but her love to Hei is really cute. I wonder where is Pai and what Amber knows about her.

Aber x Hei kiss was sweet, well it was actually Amber kissing Hei (;

And that ending when Amber says that HE is needed...

02-01-11, 9:33 PM

Very interesting episode. Ambers power pretty much blows the rest of the contractor's powers out of the water. That bitchslap was harsh and even harsher is the fact she still loves this man enough to kiss him after the incident.

Even though I feel bad for Maki, he was too clingy and his actions are unjustified. Sure, you love her, but you'd blow up a city just for her? Holy shit.

I'm prob just contradicting myself though cuz I would probably honestly blow up a city just to be with Yin :). I should thank Amber for freezing time so Yin wouldn't age LOL

03-27-11, 6:10 AM

Fantastic arc, one of the best. Every new episode has an incredible way of moving the plot with amazing twists, this anime is totally becoming one of the most thrilling I've watched lately. Can't stop here, hehe.

06-24-11, 8:48 PM

Just marathoned the first 16 episodes. My God this show is fucking awesome! Even though I'm watching the dub... on Hulu..... ugh. Laura Bailey as Amber = HHHHHNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

07-10-11, 12:12 AM

This episode very nice i really liked it :)

P.S Don't think bad of me but i just can't help myself to think of C.C. when i see Amber :P

12-09-11, 1:48 PM

Faust721 said:

I'd say just give Hei a harem, i mean look at the prospects. We got a dead chick (Havok), a doll(Yin), a girl that likes him but wants her dead(Amber), and a cop who's after him who happens to be a toilet buddy(Misaki).

love it, im in.

02-16-12, 2:14 AM

Faust721 said:
Amber's power is just wow, i wonder what she has to do in order to use it. Things look to be interesting. I cant wait to learn more about Amber, Hei, and his sister.

This. This episode put a lot less on the drama side than I expected, but still it felt even better than I expected. Amber's power... I never saw it coming. And her attitude towards Hei really surprised me. This anime is getting so good...

03-13-12, 5:47 AM

If only Maki was more experienced, he'd be op in comparison to all other contractors, with the exception of Amber of course

04-29-12, 3:12 PM

I am really sad Huang didn't die . I dislike him awfully much .

05-03-12, 5:16 AM

This is one of my favorite episodes in this series!!
Amber vs Misaki vs Yin !! <3

06-12-12, 3:49 PM

Took a break and coming back to this season. I liked the Mexican stand-off ending & its unique resolution.

[IMG]http://cdn.myanimelist.net/signature/RyanMortos.png[/IMG]

I'm a webdeveloper, yet too darn lazy to make a signature...

06-21-12, 8:09 AM

Great episode, Huang survived it as I thought but Amber was really interesting, it seems that she loves Hei yet Hei hates her. I want to see more of this, it's so good.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.

10-30-12, 5:32 PM

I am wondering if amber's power goes beyond stopping time. Can see see the past/future too? Or time travel?

11-01-12, 6:41 AM

So what's Maki's renumeration?

He has a pretty kick ass power too, if he was a little older and could scrap, he'd make a great fighting partner with Hei.

11-01-12, 6:51 AM

DesolateOne said:
Very interesting episode. Ambers power pretty much blows the rest of the contractor's powers out of the water.

She certainly has an interesting power BUT:

1. A costly remuneration. I wonder if the reverse aging is temporary---like if she uses her power, and physically turns 15 from 22, does it take her another 7 years to get to 22 (physically) or just a couple of hours?

2. It's more defensive. She can protect herself, but can't really attack others. Her power would work best paired with a contractor with offensive powers.

12-09-12, 9:54 PM

NOVEMBER 11!!!!!! WHAT A BRO! Regardless of all the important scenes that happened this episode, those two (July) were definitely the highlight for me. July calling him his "friend" was touching as well. Maki was actually starting to piss me off, but I couldn't help but feel a bit of his despair as he said "goodbye".

That said, Hei and Amber's emotions/reactions were excellent. I didn't think Hei would ever slap her, and then she stops time, kisses Hei, and leaves with her underling. She must have really hurt him in the past, and then there is the whole deal with his sister... those tears looked pretty real to me. She is the one suffering the most from all this and I can really respect how she still manages to smile, even if it is faint.

Huang and Hei's short battle was great too. I was glad to see Huang's response when he woke up, he really does understand Hei, it's just that he wants to protect himself and them all from the Syndicate.
Modified by -Shuda-, 12-09-12, 10:39 PM

01-13-13, 7:23 AM

Psycho bitch Amber should just die. Hei should have killed her for not telling him where his sister is. Also November was pretty cool with his powers.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices