Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 21, 2010 3:32 AM

Oct 2008
Nice. The power of time. I wonder what her renumeration is though.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Dec 12, 2010 3:56 PM

Feb 2010
Amber was AWESOME. LOVED THIS EPISODE!
Jan 15, 2011 2:02 AM

Aug 2008
I found Amber very similar to C.C., apart from her look all the power and smile remembers me of her. I liked her, she seems to be mysterious person but her love to Hei is really cute. I wonder where is Pai and what Amber knows about her.

Aber x Hei kiss was sweet, well it was actually Amber kissing Hei (;

And that ending when Amber says that HE is needed...
Feb 1, 2011 9:33 PM

Dec 2010
Very interesting episode. Ambers power pretty much blows the rest of the contractor's powers out of the water. That bitchslap was harsh and even harsher is the fact she still loves this man enough to kiss him after the incident.

Even though I feel bad for Maki, he was too clingy and his actions are unjustified. Sure, you love her, but you'd blow up a city just for her? Holy shit.

I'm prob just contradicting myself though cuz I would probably honestly blow up a city just to be with Yin :). I should thank Amber for freezing time so Yin wouldn't age LOL

Mar 27, 2011 6:10 AM

Feb 2009
Fantastic arc, one of the best. Every new episode has an incredible way of moving the plot with amazing twists, this anime is totally becoming one of the most thrilling I've watched lately. Can't stop here, hehe.
Jun 24, 2011 8:48 PM

Jul 2009
Just marathoned the first 16 episodes. My God this show is fucking awesome! Even though I'm watching the dub... on Hulu..... ugh. Laura Bailey as Amber = HHHHHNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jul 10, 2011 12:12 AM

Aug 2010
This episode very nice i really liked it :)

P.S Don't think bad of me but i just can't help myself to think of C.C. when i see Amber :P
Dec 9, 2011 1:48 PM

Jul 2010
Faust721 said:

I'd say just give Hei a harem, i mean look at the prospects. We got a dead chick (Havok), a doll(Yin), a girl that likes him but wants her dead(Amber), and a cop who's after him who happens to be a toilet buddy(Misaki).

love it, im in.

Feb 16, 2012 2:14 AM

Dec 2010
Faust721 said:
Amber's power is just wow, i wonder what she has to do in order to use it. Things look to be interesting. I cant wait to learn more about Amber, Hei, and his sister.

This. This episode put a lot less on the drama side than I expected, but still it felt even better than I expected. Amber's power... I never saw it coming. And her attitude towards Hei really surprised me. This anime is getting so good...
Mar 13, 2012 5:47 AM
Jul 2018
If only Maki was more experienced, he'd be op in comparison to all other contractors, with the exception of Amber of course
Apr 29, 2012 3:12 PM

Feb 2011
I am really sad Huang didn't die . I dislike him awfully much .
May 3, 2012 5:16 AM

Sep 2011
This is one of my favorite episodes in this series!!
Amber vs Misaki vs Yin !! <3
Jun 12, 2012 3:49 PM

Dec 2009
Took a break and coming back to this season. I liked the Mexican stand-off ending & its unique resolution.
Such junk...
Jun 21, 2012 8:09 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, Huang survived it as I thought but Amber was really interesting, it seems that she loves Hei yet Hei hates her. I want to see more of this, it's so good.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 30, 2012 5:32 PM

Jan 2010
I am wondering if amber's power goes beyond stopping time. Can see see the past/future too? Or time travel?
Nov 1, 2012 6:41 AM
Mar 2012
So what's Maki's renumeration?

He has a pretty kick ass power too, if he was a little older and could scrap, he'd make a great fighting partner with Hei.
Nov 1, 2012 6:51 AM
Mar 2012
DesolateOne said:
Very interesting episode. Ambers power pretty much blows the rest of the contractor's powers out of the water.

She certainly has an interesting power BUT:

1. A costly remuneration. I wonder if the reverse aging is temporary---like if she uses her power, and physically turns 15 from 22, does it take her another 7 years to get to 22 (physically) or just a couple of hours?

2. It's more defensive. She can protect herself, but can't really attack others. Her power would work best paired with a contractor with offensive powers.
Dec 9, 2012 9:54 PM

May 2011
NOVEMBER 11!!!!!! WHAT A BRO! Regardless of all the important scenes that happened this episode, those two (July) were definitely the highlight for me. July calling him his "friend" was touching as well. Maki was actually starting to piss me off, but I couldn't help but feel a bit of his despair as he said "goodbye".

That said, Hei and Amber's emotions/reactions were excellent. I didn't think Hei would ever slap her, and then she stops time, kisses Hei, and leaves with her underling. She must have really hurt him in the past, and then there is the whole deal with his sister... those tears looked pretty real to me. She is the one suffering the most from all this and I can really respect how she still manages to smile, even if it is faint.

Huang and Hei's short battle was great too. I was glad to see Huang's response when he woke up, he really does understand Hei, it's just that he wants to protect himself and them all from the Syndicate.
Kayaba-Dec 9, 2012 10:39 PM
Jan 13, 2013 7:23 AM

Jan 2012
Psycho bitch Amber should just die. Hei should have killed her for not telling him where his sister is. Also November was pretty cool with his powers.

Jan 31, 2013 4:00 AM

Jan 2013
damn hei went all out on amber. Im surprised she just wont tell him where his sister went if she loves him so much. Huang deserved that shit, he's so lucky bei let him off easy. especially after shooting him in the leg. amber's eyes are a cool color. of course maki's are very different as well. everyone's saying amber's powers are great, and they really are, but maki's are also extremely OP. these are like two of the most OP powers Ive seen on a contractor. It looked like Maki didnt have nearly as large as a price to pay though compared to Amber. Im surprised Amber shrugged off Maki's death like that. I felt kinda bad for her once she died but she did kill a lot of people and almost kill november's partner.
Mar 29, 2013 11:52 AM

May 2012
Quite interesting episode, that Amber person seems quite interesting! I wonder when she'll return and what influence she'll have to the whole story!

The OP changed last episode and now also a new ED! Nice change although I preferred the first ones more!
Mar 29, 2013 2:25 PM
Sep 2011
Ambers power is amazing and kissing moment was so touchy and thing that contractors lost their emotions and that dolls dont have souls is good idea but as far we seen to much emotions from contractors and dolls but i like things as the ways they are for now i wouldnt change anything
May 29, 2013 8:48 PM

Jun 2012
I don't know if amber is good or bad she says she needs Hei for her plan or there plan but will she not just use him like she used other agency's but i doesn't seem that way. good Huang was shocked to bad he acted all tough when he survived hoped he would change his attitude a little or died. and no idea why they say contractors are just killers with out emotions the way I see it is that they all have emotions and dreams.

but was Hei made into a contractor a different way?? I remember some episode saying he was a Moratorium that didn't seem to go in contractor way or a bad way nor lose control over his power which usually happens but maybe they lied also I don't remember the anime character that said it or in what episode but it could explain why he doesn't have a strange habit he need to do after using his powers.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jul 3, 2013 8:16 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I wonder what's going on that Amber really needs Hei on her side. And I wonder why Hei seems to dislike her so much that he slapped her. Then again, in that situation, Amber should've just told Hei what he asked about instead of sayings other things. Once again, I'm still not sure what's going on, especially with that grandmother person talking in riddles. Amber's powers are cool, especially how she can make it so that others can move when she stops time.
Jul 31, 2013 6:11 AM

Sep 2011
Awesome episode, pretty intense! So many things I want to know, but I guess I will have to just wait and see. :(
Aug 9, 2013 7:17 PM

Feb 2013
Things are getting interesting though unanswered questions keep on piling.
It's hard not to see Amber and C.C have similarities because both of them have a guy that's obsessed with them (Maki and Mao).

The 2nd ED is pretty good while the 2nd OP doesn't seem to fit the series like the 1st OP did.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Aug 26, 2013 3:12 PM

Jul 2008
Amber told Hei whr Pai was hes the one that didnt take her srsly
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Sep 25, 2013 6:53 AM

Aug 2012
Tohdman said:
This is like my favorite episode. Well... every new episode is my favorite episode.

Haha so true.
Sep 29, 2013 2:14 PM

Jan 2013
alpir said:
Tohdman said:
This is like my favorite episode. Well... every new episode is my favorite episode.

Haha so true.
Lol +2.
Jan 23, 2014 1:27 AM

Jul 2013
good thing that kid died.. also Amber is getting full of herself... beat her up Hei
Feb 13, 2014 7:58 PM

Jun 2013
Now things are starting to get interesting.
May 5, 2014 2:16 AM

Sep 2007
I'm surprised at how much everyone hates Huang...I mean, yeah he seems like a bad guy for shooting Hei, and telling him to kill Yin....but in the end he is the only human of the 4, and he didn't kill Yin or let her be taken and reset (how does that work, anyway...?) He's just trying to keep them alive and off the radar, which means following orders.

Amber....definitely don't like her. I want it to be Hei x Misaki :( Amber just seems like a bitch, toying with everyone and being so fuckin vague about everything, I mean just spit out where his sister is! Ugh

And Maki kinda got what was coming to him.....
~ Nothing makes us as lonely as our own secrets ~

Jun 7, 2014 5:28 AM

Jul 2013
Kagome7 said:
i feel soory for maki he just admired and loved amber and he wanted to do what she wished him to do and then he got killed by november, im really starting to hate this guy.

This. I believe he could end it some different way... like left him unconscious or whatever. And it's not like the boy killed April and Ladd's double knew about it.

+ Good job on making me dislike Amber xD I was so happy when he slapped her. I think she deserved it. I'm sure she had her reasons to betray him and all, which I don't know about yet at this point, but it simply showed the amount of pain and sorrow he came through because of her and loss of his sister. And then she just shows up and jokes about it -.-''' Fantastic. As much as I really like C.C., I really don't like Amber o.o Either way, I'm glad Hei didn't pull sth along the lines 'I missed you and love you so I'll forgive you for everything'. It's much more real this way.

But really, this anime is amazing! Why haven't I watched it sooner?! On the other hand, now I can enjoy it for the first time so it's not bad I guess ;)

Oh, and about Huang... I liked the character from the start, then wasn't so sure anymore with that whole 'kill Yin' thing but now I also think that he's not so bad as it would seem. And I like his image, it's kinda badass and cool xD or maybe I just like that style, I can't tell. I know for sure that he's a really interesting character. So are Mao (I simply love him!), Yin and of course Hei. Geez, even most of secondary characters! Too bad they killed Havoc since I liked her really much :( Well, it's not the time to be writing this ;) Yosh! To the next ep!
shiro_ayaJun 7, 2014 5:49 AM
YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT
SEE YOU, SPACE COWBOY...
Jul 6, 2014 6:27 PM

Oct 2013
I can only assume ambers power takes away from her life ???? maybe ???? seems fucking op
haha that little fucker died
Not sure how i feel about this anime i guess i was expecting more
[/quote]
Aug 20, 2014 5:22 PM

Mar 2012
Best episode fer sure.
Aug 29, 2014 12:57 PM

Jul 2014
bloodiemonster said:
I can only assume ambers power takes away from her life ???? maybe ???? seems fucking op
haha that little fucker died
Not sure how i feel about this anime i guess i was expecting more

That fits, since her remuneration seems to have a limit, life force is one of the possibilities.

So much fuss about the old woman talking, and nothing happened in the end.
Sep 13, 2014 11:48 AM

Apr 2014
That kid's obsession with Amber creeps me out. Also I didn't expect Amber to have feelings for Hei. He's so popular. It's the collarbones, isn't it.

PrimeX said:
Amber is getting full of herself... beat her up Hei
Nov 5, 2014 12:36 AM

Oct 2013
naww ambaaaaa
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jan 10, 2015 3:47 AM

Mar 2013
Amber's power is way too OP
Jul 10, 2015 1:04 PM

Sep 2014
UneasyHeart said:
Best episode fer sure.

I thought it was the worst. They moved from boring to being pathetic. I prefer boring.
Jul 15, 2015 9:34 AM

May 2015
Wow, this episode is great.
Oct 10, 2015 9:03 AM
Dec 2011
i love that bitch slap and i hate amber she is the kind who use people for her own good i mean a little boy died does she even thought to help him maki was so devoted to amber it felt so sickening i wish hei slapped her more than that and taking yin wow i wish my cutey November slapped her tooo ..

hei is so upset about his sister and amber played like a little bitch in front of him so happy about the slap and i love how November and his friends worked together also i was worried about November glad to see he is okay and when the enemy started talking to him about smoking i laugh and my mind said "i know" :3
Nov 16, 2015 3:25 AM

Jan 2012
man the explosive boy is annoying.

Nov 25, 2015 1:18 PM

Aug 2014
I really like Amber , She is so cool , Very good episode , one of the best in the series.
The only thing i didn't like about this episode is how almost everyone survived , lol WTF make some plot twists !!!!
also this black agent how did she recovered so quickly , i though it was a mistake making her comeback , they should have killed her along with that boy with the Heterochromia.
Nov 28, 2015 5:45 AM
May 2012
supermegasonic said:
Faust721 said:

I'd say just give Hei a harem, i mean look at the prospects. We got a dead chick (Havok), a doll(Yin), a girl that likes him but wants her dead(Amber), and a cop who's after him who happens to be a toilet buddy(Misaki).

love it, im in.

I am waiting for it.
Mar 4, 2016 11:57 AM

Aug 2014
I still dislike them for killing Havoc but MI-6 is really starting to grow on me. I found their camaraderie for each other pretty admirable.

"Amber this, Amber that"
My god that kid was so annoying...No fucks giving for his death.

That's it, I'm shipping Hei x Amber

Probably my favorite episode so far, that time manipulation (and kiss) sealed the deal for me lol.
Mar 14, 2016 6:47 AM

Jul 2008
Time stop, yikes that's a crazy strong power. I don't see how any of them can stop that.
Apr 21, 2016 10:30 PM
Apr 2016
Who does the English voice for that guy that walks away with Amber at the end?
May 21, 2016 3:31 AM

Feb 2016
i didn't get the meaning of that grandma yet. she was also influenced by the ability of amber - what is the meaning of this i don't know. interesting but still confusing episode.

dat bitch slap though.
Jun 28, 2016 3:58 PM

Nov 2015

Ok, this episode left me thinking in what Amber said in the beginning of the episode to Yin, then what she said to Hei and then her power... Could it be that big the sub plot? Is Hei's sister related somehow with Yin?

I mean, Amber looked older in the memory but she looks quite younger and smaller, could it be that her prize to pay for that OP ability of stopping time is to become younger? Naww, that wouldn't be bad at all xD unless it's a big toll..
HumbertoZeroJun 28, 2016 4:03 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Jul 21, 2007

100 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 4, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jun 13, 2007

99 by TheMangaManiac »»
Mar 11, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - Jul 6, 2007

144 by YankataY »»
Dec 10, 2023 11:44 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - Jul 6, 2007

102 by YankataY »»
Dec 10, 2023 11:41 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Viral - Apr 27, 2007

98 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 10, 2023 5:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.