MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Fractale and Hourou Musuko Mark Record Low Rating
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Fractale and Hourou Musuko Mark Record Low Rating

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
03-25-11, 1:53 PM

Hoppy said:
Only 30-35% of the country

03-25-11, 2:19 PM

Well this is bad Hourou Musuko is one of fav. i think things will get better after the situation in japan improves.

03-25-11, 2:20 PM

yeah Japan kinda broke not too long ago people not finding time for anime not all that surprising really

03-25-11, 2:25 PM

Aren't blu ray sales way more important than ratings in Japan?

03-25-11, 2:33 PM

GarLogan78 said:
Aren't blu ray sales way more important than ratings in Japan?

For who?

For anime producers, yes. For TV stations - ratings are more important. And noitaminA ratings get lower and lower with every new show they air. Once they get too low - that would probably mean no more noitaminA.

03-25-11, 2:36 PM

i HATE see eden of the east and nodame on there.

delete it. now.

03-25-11, 2:55 PM

I can't say that I'm surprised by this news.

Some episodes of Fractale aren't so bad, but some are awful. That's especially jarring considering that before it aired Fractale was hyped up like it was going to be amazing.

I couldn't make it through one episode of Hourou Musuko.

03-25-11, 2:56 PM

That's too bad because they're both good anime.

03-25-11, 3:08 PM

Urufuzu_rein said:
HM is brilliantly directed and no manga readers could convince me otherwise.

Bad as an adaptation =/= bad as a stand-alone anime.

...You're an idiot. Yes, if something as a bad adaptation, it is a bad anime. Especially when you NEED to read the manga to even understand anything that is going on. Remember when Doi showed Shu's diary to the entire school and embarrassed him, causing him to tell him he hates him later in episode 10? Oh, right, you never saw that happen because you didn't read the fucking manga, stupid.

Damonashu said:
FFandMMfan said:
Numi said:
Disappointing to hear. I don't have much of a positive opinion of Fractale and am mostly finishing it because I am a completionist, but I was really enjoying Hourou Musuko and have plans to eventually read the manga. At least this is happening toward the end of the season rather than at the beginning or in the middle, though, right?

You have to read the manga BEFORE watching the anime, stupid.

This might come as a surprise to you, but no he/she doesn't have to read the manga before watching the anime. The purposes of an adaptation, other than to make money with a name people are familiar, is to raise awareness for the medium it's adapted from and to present that medium in a new form. There was no cautionary message in the first episode telling viewers to go off and read the manga because the anime starts a great deal into the story. And even if there was such a warning they technically wouldn't have any obligation to adhere to it.

That said, I enjoy both these shows.When I first read Fractale's synopsis I wasn't really expecting much from it but it managed to be a pleasant watch. Hourou Musuko however, I've been reading since its earliest chapters so I was bond to like it anyway, if the presentation didn't fail. The way it starts is disappointing but that's beside the point.

Despite the circumstances in Japan likely having an effect on the ratings I'm quite curious about one other thing; why is it solely the fault of the producer?

What an idiot.

03-25-11, 3:08 PM

This is not surprising. Hourou Musuko is a very bad adaptation. Think it like its FFXIII. Nice polished art but an empty shell. And they decided to skip stuff and its bad.

Fractale is pure shit that looks awfully outdated. They could have skipped episodes 1 to 6 it nobody would have noticed, nothing happens anyway.

So if any people are surpised by this,I,m surprised by those people.

03-25-11, 3:15 PM

I'm going to agree with Chibisah here. Sure, the anime cut out a ridiculous amount of chapters, but does that mean that the anime is bad? Of course it doesn't. I'm a fan of the manga, but I can still appreciate it in all its animated glory. Hell, I thought that Hourou Musuko would never even get animated, so I'm just thankful that there's something for it, no matter how many chapters it misses.

03-25-11, 3:15 PM

Considering the only things better this season are Madoka and Level E, the fact these 2 recieved such little attention disappoints me greatly. Admittedly there's a crisis going on, but it's not as if either of them have been all that popular since the start.

03-25-11, 3:16 PM

retrodarling said:
Sure, the anime cut out a ridiculous amount of chapters, but does that mean that the anime is bad?

YES, YOU MORONS, YES IT DOES!

03-25-11, 3:27 PM

That's terrible.
Such great shows, and low rating?

Anyway, I don't think Japan is thinking right now of watching anything on TV xDU

03-25-11, 3:41 PM

Kenshin- said:
That's terrible.
Such great shows, and low rating?

Anyway, I don't think Japan is thinking right now of watching anything on TV xDU
Why are people assumming ALL OF JAPAN IS CURRENTLY HOMELESS? The quake and tsunami only affected a portion of Japan, the areas with the largest populations, and where most of the anime/manga industry is centered, are quite intact, besides a few small damages on old structures. In other words, please stop it with the quake excuse here since it's obvious that by this point, whoever was watching the shows would have watched them anyway. What else are you supposed to do if you aren't affected, sit by in your room praying for the victims? Life goes on you know.

03-25-11, 3:46 PM

other shows out there deserve lower ratings... i won't mention any, i'll be targeted by immautre shounen yakuza kids.

03-25-11, 3:52 PM

FFandMMfan said:
retrodarling said:
Sure, the anime cut out a ridiculous amount of chapters, but does that mean that the anime is bad?

then why give it a 7.
Myanimelist is just a crappy game.

03-25-11, 4:02 PM

FFandMMfan said:
Urufuzu_rein said:
HM is brilliantly directed and no manga readers could convince me otherwise.

Bad as an adaptation =/= bad as a stand-alone anime.

...You're an idiot. Yes, if something as a bad adaptation, it is a bad anime. Especially when you NEED to read the manga to even understand anything that is going on. Remember when Doi showed Shu's diary to the entire school and embarrassed him, causing him to tell him he hates him later in episode 10? Oh, right, you never saw that happen because you didn't read the fucking manga, stupid.

I understand what's going on without reading the manga. Everything I needed to know has been implied. I don't need spoon-feeding.

And, about the adaptation thingie, Higurashi is a bad adaptation but, as opposed to Umineko, it's pretty decent as a stand-alone anime. Once again, bad as an adaptation =/= bad as a stand-alone anime. If you don't agree with this, say it in a nice manner. No more name-calling please.
Modified by Urufuzu_rein, 03-25-11, 4:35 PM
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."

03-25-11, 4:03 PM

FFandMMfan said:

You made your stance clear, there's no need to keep insulting people that don't share your opinion.

03-25-11, 4:25 PM

Unlike most people here. I have to agree with the rating.
Fractale and Houro Musuko are boring in my opinion.
Especially compared to Mahou Shoujo Madoka. Damn the trolling.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices