Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Apr 2, 2011 4:14 PM

Dec 2010
Leon-Gun said:
Fuurinkazan said:
Omniknight said:
The only hope I'm clinging onto is that these weeks of working on the final 2 episodes will make them... the... best... episode of anime ever.

That kind of attitude will inevitably have the effect that you'll be disappointed with the last episodes regardless of how good they are.
Exactly. That said, it's ok to expect good things but please remember to keep your expectations in moderation.

And adding to this, Ep 10 wasn't amazing because of technical stuff, but rather the story.
Did you enjoyed the changes they made for the Nico stream that much? Because it's likely that the changes being made to the last episodes will be no or little more than that: trimming the edges of an already jaw-dropping diamond.

That, or either they were so unsatisfied with the episodes that they're remaking from scratch, but that's nearly impossible.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

Apr 3, 2011 7:24 AM

Oct 2008
BrickBreak said:
Leon-Gun said:
Fuurinkazan said:
Omniknight said:
The only hope I'm clinging onto is that these weeks of working on the final 2 episodes will make them... the... best... episode of anime ever.

That kind of attitude will inevitably have the effect that you'll be disappointed with the last episodes regardless of how good they are.
Exactly. That said, it's ok to expect good things but please remember to keep your expectations in moderation.

And adding to this, Ep 10 wasn't amazing because of technical stuff, but rather the story.
Did you enjoyed the changes they made for the Nico stream that much? Because it's likely that the changes being made to the last episodes will be no or little more than that: trimming the edges of an already jaw-dropping diamond.

That, or either they were so unsatisfied with the episodes that they're remaking from scratch, but that's nearly impossible.

To everyone above:
Ya, I've been burned many times from expectations, but this is the one time I do feel they can be met.
Episode 10 was so good mainly because of the timing of the scenes. They weren't too long or too short. Just enough to evoke your emotions, bring enough to the story and as a complete package to showcase the desperation that Homura faces. It was just a perfect buildup to the past events and to put them into perspective.

I just hope they aren't changing the ending from a sad one to a cliche happy one.
They can save the happy stuff for the side series =D
Apr 3, 2011 10:19 AM

Dec 2010
Omniknight said:
I just hope they aren't changing the ending from a sad one to a cliche happy one.

Don't take with 100% certainty that the ending (at least their planned one) is a sad one.
It is a fact that the events leading to the end have been as dark as dark can be. But knowing Shaft, Uro, and the limitless possibilities of Madoka itself, I simply cannot take a happy, sad, or bittersweet ending as more likely than another.

Also, assumption #2: If Madoka were to have a happy ending, it would cliché

OR

Assumption #2-B: All happy endings are cliché.

Which, and I think you know that, are both wrong.

And please... I don't know what's going on with people. I want a purely brilliant ending, sad or happy does not matter to me, as long as it is well done. I'm sure everyone thinks that as well, but most simply believe that it is impossible, or less likely, to do so with a happy ending.
I quite simply do not believe that.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

Apr 3, 2011 1:39 PM
Jul 2010
BrickBreak said:
And please... I don't know what's going on with people. I want a purely brilliant ending, sad or happy does not matter to me, as long as it is well done. I'm sure everyone thinks that as well, but most simply believe that it is impossible, or less likely, to do so with a happy ending.

That is also my wish. But I do think that a happy ending is less likely to happen. But as long as it is as good (or even better if that's possible!) as the rest of the show, I'll be satisfied.
Apr 3, 2011 3:33 PM

Nov 2007
Like it or not the ending probably is going to be extremely cliche if it's a happy one. Just look at the number of problems that need to be cleared up:

With all of this in mind if they do pull off an interesting, unique, and well writen ending that's happy I'll be quite impressed. But I'm not holding my breath for it.
Apr 4, 2011 1:21 AM

Aug 2010
I don't think the strength of this series is it's plot anyways. It was always about how the emotions of Madoka and the others made me actually care about what happened to them. So I have faith that they will make a great ending to this series because it is so character-driven and not story-driven. As long as the characters and their situations feel real, it will be a success.
Apr 4, 2011 3:33 AM

Aug 2009
Omniknight said:

There is one thing Urobuchi/Miyamoto said about this anime.

"This series is made to reject the possibility or hope for miracle."
Apr 4, 2011 4:15 AM

Apr 2009
ringoo4 said:

But Urobuchi also said "I want to end this series with the story of DREAM AND HOPE, but I don't know if watchers will accept it that way." And even you were the one who posted that line translated on the Internet.

Though I'd pretty much like a happy ending. But happy does not necessarily mean cliché. I'm sure Urobuchi can pull off something totally epic either way.
Apr 4, 2011 6:03 AM

Feb 2009
kFYatek said:
ringoo4 said:

But Urobuchi also said "I want to end this series with the story of DREAM AND HOPE, but I don't know if watchers will accept it that way." And even you were the one who posted that line translated on the Internet.

Though I'd pretty much like a happy ending. But happy does not necessarily mean cliché. I'm sure Urobuchi can pull off something totally epic either way.

No miracle then. Only hard work.
Apr 4, 2011 10:56 AM
Jul 2010
LoL
With all that said, I'm betting on a bittersweet ending xD Although, as I already stated, I'll be happy with anything as long has it is well written, executed and doesn't leave plot holes behind.
Apr 4, 2011 5:25 PM

Oct 2008
BrickBreak said:

I think a hopeful ending is more what I am looking for. Bad things happen, people die, but not all is lost.
The only ending I don't really want to see is a resurrection ending.
But in the end, it all comes down to execution, regardless of where the story goes.
Apr 4, 2011 5:51 PM
Dec 2007
Omniknight said:
BrickBreak said:

I think a hopeful ending is more what I am looking for. Bad things happen, people die, but not all is lost.
The only ending I don't really want to see is a resurrection ending.
But in the end, it all comes down to execution, regardless of where the story goes.
If you look at Madoka Magica objectively you will realize there's nothing outright superb about it's plot or characters. They've been done to death before in one way or another. It's the execution which has been able to create the hype and enrapture the fans. So I agree, the sucess of the ending depends squarely on it's execution.

Apr 4, 2011 10:06 PM

May 2010
I'm betting on the bittersweet ending. I honestly hardly ever see an anime series end without at least a ray of hope. Direct happiness or tragedy seems too unrealistic to me.
“Money can't buy dere”
Apr 6, 2011 3:39 AM

Aug 2009
kFYatek said:
ringoo4 said:

My bad, my wording was wrong. Just remove the 'hope' part and just make it 'miracle'. That's what Miyamoto actually said.

Like, you can still have hopeful ending but reject miracle, right?... And that's probably the most depressing ending possible that Urobuchi can make.
Apr 6, 2011 2:00 PM
Oct 2010
Sucks for the indefinite cliffhanger, though I do agree that Japan getting back on its feet is the top priority.
Otherwise, I'd rather wait a month (hopefully no longer) for a brilliant ending rather than a rushed one that falls flat, especially after episode 10.
Though I'm feeling that the ending will (obviously) be majorly Homura-centered and end up one of two ways:

The anticipation is killing me. @___@
Apr 6, 2011 2:09 PM

Dec 2010
Side note: after having just watched Chrno Crusade's ending,

Apr 6, 2011 2:21 PM

Jan 2011
I don't want an ending - I want to know there is a 2nd series, 12/13 eps not enough!
Apr 6, 2011 6:42 PM

Aug 2010
im starting to really miss Madoka =(
i hope they are able to start airing this again soon!!!!!
Apr 6, 2011 7:16 PM

Nov 2010
well, Walpurgis night (i thin kthats how its spelled) is on the eve of may first (april 31) i thionk they plan on airing the final episode on that very date, Would add a little atmosphere to it :3

Hate how they first killed off Mami and now Kyoko??? WhY MUST THEY KILL THE BEST!!!

Apr 7, 2011 12:06 AM

Jul 2008
Letitbe said:
I don't want an ending - I want to know there is a 2nd series, 12/13 eps not enough!

The latest news is that the series is planned to end mid-April, but since the airdate of episode 11 has already been postponed once, it wouldn't surprise me if the final two episodes aired more towards the end of April or early May. Since they are doing extra work on the final two episodes during this time, hopefully they should be worth the wait!

For those hoping for more Puella Magi, a manga adapataion of Madoka is already being written, containing 3 volumes so far. Also, two spin-off manga are also being produced... Puella Magi Oriko Magica, which will debut after the anime series end of Madoka, and Puella Magi Kazumi Magica: The Innocent Malice which already has several chapters released (the story revolves around three Puella Magi friends living together with the twist that the main character, Kazumi, has lost her memories including the memory of her wish, which she never told to anyone). Also, Madoka will be getting a light novel as well.

While I don't expect that a direct sequel to Madoka will ever be made (considering the majority of the main characters are either dead or have had their secrets revealed), it wouldn't surprise me to see an anime adaptation of one of the spin-off manga stories. Think something along the lines more of Mai-HiMe and Mai-Otome or Chaos;HEAd and Steins;Gate... building on the same basic background story with different characters.

Also, the Shinbo Akiyuki, the director, has already expressed wanting to a follow-up series to Madoka... however, it would be more of a slice-of-life type show with the same characters (I have no idea how that would work lol).
Apr 7, 2011 2:21 PM

Dec 2010
OMG I didn't want or expect a good outcome. I hope it still ends badly.
Apr 7, 2011 5:38 PM

Sep 2010
i hope it still airs i dont want to have to wait till September to see my conclusion
Apr 7, 2011 7:39 PM

Aug 2009
Huh. Well, I guess I should just stop watching it while I'm only two episodes in and not attached to it.

This news is still upsetting. It was rather enjoying, even though I've never been into that type of anime before.
Apr 8, 2011 12:39 AM
Sep 2007
I don't see why Oriko Magica needs to be delayed too; if it's supposed to be a prequel, it wouldn't spoil the main plot that will never air.

And anyway, give us the manga if you're not going to give us the anime! For shame.
Apr 8, 2011 8:51 AM

Dec 2010
ycart59 said:
Huh. Well, I guess I should just stop watching it while I'm only two episodes in and not attached to it.

This news is still upsetting. It was rather enjoying, even though I've never been into that type of anime before.
Just remember to hop back in the party bus when the episodes come out :)

Apr 8, 2011 9:05 AM

Sep 2010
wow it's felt forever since I watched Madoka @u@ I nearly forgot about it.
i hope the last two episodes get me into it again

Apr 9, 2011 3:42 PM

Dec 2010
What's annoying me right now is that there is absolutely NOTHING, not even rumors, at least that I know of.

Before, we would be getting news, not only in Thursday, but throughout the week. Tweets, announcements of related media, media backlash, etcetera. But apart from delay announcements, there has been nothing. And even those announcements were only two or three. We are in a complete blackout, desperately clinging on to the April deadline, without any further hope given by them.

We need something. To be blunt, they need to throw us a bone.

Apr 9, 2011 9:46 PM

Apr 2008
Something about earthquakes.

I have a feeling the earth doesn't like the sound of walpurgis night either.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
7 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
9 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
10 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 12 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.