Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2011 12:36 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
This episode really was well done on 2 fronts: that of fan service and of showing Rina/Howard development as well as Rios memories and talk with Howard. It got a good mixture of variations that brought drama, comedy and suspense a little. My best part is really how a 180 degree turn of Rina towards Rio by most likely using her own roll ruler to ignite a good memory of both of them in that house where they played often in the following,

the colouring is nice and amazing. Although at first I though that it was Rio who used it on herself to bring herself back in the the past.

About the fan service, the fan service was great on both plans of swimsuits and bath towels. The swimsuits part in the spoiler
says a lot but IMO 3 things caught my attention: Dana is the best in looking just the way she does (must be her face and reasonable breast size, whom I see quite well with that swimsuit of her), ROFL @ Rios ass because her swimsuit expresses it in a heart form and of course Mint was still the cute loli in that swimsuit. As to the bath towel part in the spoiler
I got to say that lots of breast jiggling was the interest and of course them being revealed much better than any previous episode of this series, however to my disappointment they put quite the safety disposition on Mint for her bath towel.

About Rio, a interesting part in this episode about Rio is her visit to the very same house where she had great memories with Rina when they were kids. As such quite interesting that Rio was subjected to her past memories most likely through Rina but the colouring looked very nice. One key thing with Rio I noticed is that at the end her first facial expression indicated to me along the thinking of Oh? So that's how you work Rina while it was followed by this second expression of Rio and my thinking line changed to I got you figured out Rina feeling. Biggest mistake of Rina, showing her tricks too early. I knew it was way too early for that and Rina now has been figured out by Rio. That will be Rina's downfall and add to that the Joker looking like a grim reaper that replaced Elvis as the dealer and things will look interesting for a final battle.

About Rina, she had 2 fronts one being the nasty herself towards Rio in the game and the other front showed a soft side to her whom I still don't buy other than Rina saving Mint's life. What I want to know by episode 13 is why was she hiding obviously in the spoiler
with a clear proof that she moved the picture of her and Rio as well as why she used on Rio a roll ruler surfacing the good memories. Surely that means something and I assume it to be a darkness tormenting Rina. There is something inside her that is eating her up and I am pretty sure it's something along the negative side. What came really nicely in is Rina meeting up Mint and also getting caught with a bear. I was pretty damn surprised that Rina's roll ruler worked on the bear, although it may as well since it's a mind control thing and bears are dumb enough to get caught in it. Having saved Mint, I thank Rina for at least that and she does look nice while carrying Mint in the spoiler
Rina's deep conversation with Howard was so cool but Rina is way too stubborn IMO. From the looks of Rina's facial expression towards Cartia, things seemed to change around with Rina's attitude towards Cartia.

Rina kept using dirty ass tricks during the final game from making a card of Rio into a skeleton insinuating fear, to making oddly Rio's cards into lizards with the same card values she had, which makes me think how illusionist can you get? Well not far from being damn good if it can as far as making Rio's cards into snakes. While at first Rina's expression of a aggressive nature stood out to show Rio she is serious, it quickly turned into a cocky expression that revealed easily Rina's intentions and tactics as I suggested with Rio's section of figuring out Rina. Part of figuring out your opponent is their facial expressions. Rina is going to lose and I see it already way ahead.

About Mint/old man, Mint was quite cute while on the boat with Jack. A nice depiction of showing them both. I liked a lot Mint with her clothing and hair style in the spoiler
her dress was the ones from China yet with her hair style it complimented her quite fine. The old man meeting at first Rio, I kind had some suspicions that he knew Rio when she was a kid and as it turns out with the picture being looked at by the old man, I was not far off at all. I do kind of find it kind of awkward that Mint suddenly does meet up with the old man and even gets inside his place. Glad Rina at least saved her because the bear would most likely kill her easily. The best of Mint IMO was when she was resting with Rio in the spoiler
very nice moment. Judging from her facial expression, she is pretty worried about Rio during her competition.

Rest in spoiler
About preview, looks like Rio will figure out that the joker is her mom. Rina looks like she is losing and getting bitter as her facial expression suggests. WTF @ sudden gun firing during the competition? OMG please don't tell me according to the police badge and clothing next to it that the Afro samurai has been playing dumb to be undercover. Delicious fan service of Rio that will surpass and reveal way more than ever before in the spoiler (NFSW)
in regards to the revealing possible whole lower part of Rio and top too but no nipples details.
Yumekichi11Mar 30, 2011 11:55 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 22, 2011 12:56 PM

Nov 2008
Joker takes over who's actually Rio's mom inside the costume.

Rina still has some sort of a heart left as she saves Mint from a bear.

Lots of Rio childhood memories as well.

The final battle has also started and Rina is winning currently.

The whole tennis scene was awesome, it's all about Anya's cute hairdo and Rio playing tennis in the nude, BD/DVD may show nipples though.

Mar 22, 2011 4:50 PM

Oct 2010
Hoppy said:
The whole tennis scene was awesome, it's all about Anya's cute hairdo and Rio playing tennis in the nude, BD/DVD may show nipples though.
It's not tennis, ROFL! It's ping-pong: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_tennis but why is it really called table tennis still remains to me a mystery because the ball used in ping-pong is far from the one in tennis.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 23, 2011 9:10 PM

Jul 2008
I wonder if we will "see the rainbow" next episode.
Mar 23, 2011 10:13 PM

Jun 2010
So much fan service in the beginning!!!!

That one samurai gambler is one of the reasons I watch this show. He's just awesome

This is just my prediction on why Rina wants to get stronger. In the previous episodes, they emphasize on Rio beating Rina in that one game when they were little and of course Rina was happy that Rio lost for her, but maybe as she got older, she realized that she took pity in her and it made her mad because she probably thought that she can never beat Rio or something like that. So maybe this gate battle is like to match their strengths and finally decide who is stronger in Rina's mind.

Mar 24, 2011 1:31 AM

Jun 2010
I'm already waiting the last episode... the 1 episode per week is still too much. (But the real mystery, why I hadn't dropped it already...)
Mar 24, 2011 4:39 AM

Aug 2010
The women in this show are all amazing. I'm looking forward to next week.
Mar 24, 2011 8:08 AM

Jul 2008
That was a scary way of playing poker...lol
Mar 24, 2011 8:14 AM

Nov 2008
prismheart said:
The women in this show are all amazing. I'm looking forward to next week.

That's what pretty much saved me from dropping the show.

entropy13 said:
That was a scary way of playing poker...lol

This is why I'm glad the audience can't see the powers, unlike in Yu-Gi-Oh where anyone can see the powers emitted from the Millennium Items.

Mar 24, 2011 11:30 AM

Feb 2011
well
Rio vs Rina already

just wondering how can Rio beat Rina?

hopefully the ending well satisfy me
Sorry For my Bad English ^_^
Mar 24, 2011 3:37 PM

Sep 2010
i love rio! i want to get rio blackjack for my iphone
Mar 24, 2011 7:27 PM

Sep 2010
1 episode left eh... I already have a feeling how this might turn out.
Mar 24, 2011 7:31 PM

Jun 2008
I'm a bit surprised. For a while (like 8 episodes) this show was pretty much just terrible. But lately it's actually gotten rather good. For an ecchi show, at least. Still, I was anticipating this episode and I'll be anticipating the next, as opposed to earlier in the season when I almost dropped it.
Mar 24, 2011 7:40 PM
Jun 2008
this week ep

contract signing of sort give owner hand got squeeze then after that vaciation time.
boat riding relax, swin suts on all females, & three 3 filler luggage guys.
octopus + linda = headless.
afro samurai mention hot spring ping pong while rio meet a person she knows.
hot spring ping pong at it best INDEED must watch give bye-bye rio towel (ghost again where the exorcist or panty stocking to handle ghost).
mint go look for rio while rio go old summer house with some old memories of summer days.
while rio wander the chip snip (hidden rina) then call search on mint.
mint wander get oh no real bear till rina rescue used "powers on the bear".
owner got call see mint had talk with rina about cartia's lies give rina knew but rina said she need to get stronger.
mint wake see rio tell rina save her from bear.
dual day rio & howard little talk about rina then same for rina & cartia.
numbers guy go chop by a "ceRtain female".
everyone watching & stare down & here come the dealer & it the "jokeR" with a scythe for someone to deal.
here we go rina power attack get first 2 matches but rio got something up.

next ep finale week got rio's power, "jokeR"/mama, rina oh no, gun, police badge with a unexpected holder, rainbow gate.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Mar 25, 2011 10:45 AM
Jan 2011
ENTER_KLACMAN said:
this week ep

contract signing of sort give owner hand got squeeze then after that vaciation time.
boat riding relax, swin suts on all females, & three 3 filler luggage guys.
octopus + linda = headless.
afro samurai mention hot spring ping pong while rio meet a person she knows.
hot spring ping pong at it best INDEED must watch give bye-bye rio towel (ghost again where the exorcist or panty stocking to handle ghost).
mint go look for rio while rio go old summer house with some old memories of summer days.
while rio wander the chip snip (hidden rina) then call search on mint.
mint wander get oh no real bear till rina rescue used "powers on the bear".
owner got call see mint had talk with rina about cartia's lies give rina knew but rina said she need to get stronger.
mint wake see rio tell rina save her from bear.
dual day rio & howard little talk about rina then same for rina & cartia.
numbers guy go chop by a "ceRtain female".
everyone watching & stare down & here come the dealer & it the "jokeR" with a scythe for someone to deal.
here we go rina power attack get first 2 matches but rio got something up.

next ep finale week got rio's power, "jokeR"/mama, rina oh no, gun, police badge with a unexpected holder, rainbow gate.

I guess it's safe to say that Rio will emerge as the winner.
Mar 25, 2011 10:53 PM

Nov 2010
Talk about memory flashbacks, really get to you sometimes...One last gate battle and finally this will be over.I really do wonder why Rio's mom wears that joker costume rather than appear in person at the end Rio smiled slightly, knowing her she probably has one last trick up her sleeve.
Mar 26, 2011 6:06 PM

Jun 2009
When Rina appeared out of nowhere to face the bear i though "Wtf, she's gonna beat it in poker or what?". But she just used her roll ruler, how silly of me~
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 27, 2011 8:15 AM

Sep 2009
I have to say that Dana girl is the hottest girl I've seen in the series XD
Mar 29, 2011 11:13 AM

Nov 2009
The battle is actually pretty intense compared to the others. Hey, they are actually playing a normal game too.

The "va-va-vacation" wasn't boring either which is a plus.
Jun 4, 2012 10:10 PM

Nov 2011
Dat half beach episode, gotta admit...Dana looks stunning in this one.
Dec 4, 2012 4:28 AM
Jun 2012
why won't their towels drop off?!
Jan 16, 2014 8:04 PM

May 2012
Oh boy tention sure is being build up for the next and final episode so let's see who's actually going to win this final game!
Nov 2, 2015 6:38 AM

Jul 2013
Rina vs bear lol.

Tat was a fun episode.

Naked Rio and hot springs ping pong lol.

Rina vs Rio next!
Feb 23, 2016 1:30 PM

Apr 2013
So they even screwed up the beach/hot springs episode, laaaaaame...
Sep 6, 2017 2:16 AM
Mar 2016
nope the episode I'm watching right here is not in HD. blurry a little
Jul 18, 2020 2:00 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The firs half of the episode was useless but more enjoyable than the second half lol, I just don't understand Rina, she's too poorly written.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rio: Rainbow Gate! Episode 13 Discussion

Blackbird - Mar 29, 2011

44 by RioAl »»
Jan 3, 3:13 AM

Poll: » Rio: Rainbow Gate! Episode 4 Discussion

-Angy- - Jan 25, 2011

41 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 8, 2023 7:25 AM

Poll: » Rio: Rainbow Gate! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Jan 18, 2011

50 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 7, 2023 6:26 AM

Poll: » Rio: Rainbow Gate! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

de_arimasu - Jan 11, 2011

61 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 7, 2023 6:13 AM

Poll: » Rio: Rainbow Gate! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

garfield15 - Jan 4, 2011

175 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 6, 2023 12:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.