MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Director Shinbo Wants to Produce Heartwarming Spin-off of Madoka Magica

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (4) « 0.2 1.2 [2.2] 3.2 »
03-18-11, 1:47 PM

This probably woudln't come out for at least two years or something right? SHAFT has a lot on its upcoming plate don't they?

03-18-11, 1:51 PM

Why would anyone want to watch the brutally boring AND completely unbelievable Madoka characters in any sort of story that doesn't involve fast-paced over-the-top horror and angst?

03-18-11, 1:51 PM

I hope he is messing with us and it will be pretty bloody and depressive.

03-18-11, 1:53 PM

キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03-18-11, 1:55 PM

I see that some people didn't get the word 'spin-off'.
This won't be a sequel, this won't follow the season we all love, god all the developement that was in this season won't even matter as it won't had happened.

I'm not against it but I don't have high hope for it.
I don't beleive they are trolling this time because if they had wanted to make another dark season then they would have made a sequel but they didn't.
The reason it is a spin-off is most probably because it is not something that would fit as a sequel, prequel or anything related to the story of the first season which means that they will most probably do what they said.

03-18-11, 1:57 PM

I was saying just the other day I would genuinely pay money for a heartwarming slice of life series revolving around Madoka and Homura.

5 bucks says he's trolling.
the Imaginary and the Real can never mingle.

03-18-11, 2:10 PM

Please no.
Dont turn Madoka into stupid cashcow. I want it to have decisive ending.
And Madoka without depresive and grimdark is not Madoka.

03-18-11, 2:20 PM

I think that's a great idea.

03-18-11, 2:28 PM

So it will be like Hidamari Sketch, if the girls were mahou shoujo?

Eh, I'd rather have a new season of Hidamari Sketch instead. Except if Homura and Madoka finally realize their love for each other in this new spin off...

03-18-11, 2:44 PM

Sounds good. I'd watch it.

03-18-11, 2:51 PM

meh i dont think it will be good, it will just mess up the image i like. They should make a sequel and add more dark content!!

03-18-11, 2:52 PM

augh yeah

03-18-11, 2:59 PM

I'll watch anything Madoka-related. Dark is cool because it'll be more of what we're already getting. But slice of life would be a nice reprieve (if SHAFT isn't lying) to watch.

03-18-11, 2:59 PM

Errh, that's just wrong. Characters clearly aren't interesting enough to make a slice of life series about them, it would kill the series

Ousto said:
Eh, I'd rather have a new season of Hidamari Sketch instead.

totally.

03-18-11, 3:01 PM

Hahaha, I actually laughed when I saw this news. Sure, a spin-off would be cool as long as he will(since he is one of the greatest directors out there) keep some of their personalities intact. I think it will actually go towards the first Mahou Shoujo Madoka time-line(the one with megane Homura xD)

03-18-11, 3:13 PM

Ginga-Bishoujo said:
I see that some people didn't get the word 'spin-off'.
This won't be a sequel, this won't follow the season we all love, god all the developement that was in this season won't even matter as it won't had happened.

I'm not against it but I don't have high hope for it.
I don't beleive they are trolling this time because if they had wanted to make another dark season then they would have made a sequel but they didn't.
The reason it is a spin-off is most probably because it is not something that would fit as a sequel, prequel or anything related to the story of the first season which means that they will most probably do what they said.

The staff themselves call Orika Magica a spin-off manga. It features Mami, Kyouko in magical form. So why should a 2nd season Madoka not be related in some way to the original series?
The idea of a slice-of-life version may be nice, but there's no way someone who has seen S1, can sit back and relax while watching another season of Madoka.

03-18-11, 3:14 PM

Miiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllk.

I probably would not like it. Unless it has Mami erryday.

03-18-11, 3:22 PM

Zeream said:

More like slice-of-death, this is Shaft! they are trolling again $hinbo declarations sounds much like deja-vù for me, we already know what "heart-warming" means for them, they will warm our hearts, like a fucking barbecue from hell.
Instead of making Madoka slice-of life they should make a Hidamari Sketch 4 it sounds more likely.

03-18-11, 3:28 PM

Hmm slice of life huh?! I would love to see more Madoka but I like the whole Dark theme to it. I can't see the whole heartwarming thing but hey it would be a spin-off and I wouldn't mind giving it a try if they were to make one.

03-18-11, 3:38 PM

this is b.s. They finally make a show that is (in my opinion) unique and different from others in its category and now they want to make the cliche story out of it? nope. DO NOT SUPPORT!

03-18-11, 3:50 PM

Unique characters?I don't think so, the only character i remotely like is Homura mostly because of how badass she is.
I love this series but that characters are nothing special.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site

03-18-11, 4:32 PM

Troll me once, shame on you...

P.S. All you people saying SHAFT and Shinbo can't do heartwarming? Watch Hidamari Sketch, like right now.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!

Every time you recommend Sword Art Online, a baby seal gets clubbed.

03-18-11, 4:40 PM

xxangelchanxx said:
Unique characters?I don't think so, the only character i remotely like is Homura mostly because of how badass she is.
Maybe Shinbou realizes that, and when he is talking about "unique characters", he only means the one that really is (somewhat) original. Hint: He is white with red eyes and likes to make contracts.

That really would be the best troll ever if the heart-warming slice-of-life spin-off turned out to be Kyuubey-centric with none of the other cast featuring in anything bigger than a cameo.

Otherwise, I agree on the characters not being especially original or special. There again, characterization has never been Shinbou's strong point, so maybe he thinks that they are unique by his standards because they are 2-dimensional instead of 1-dimensional like most of his characters are.

Also to the "I would rather have Hidamari 4" crowd, I could see Aoki Ume (Hidamari's original creator and Madoka's character designer) working on the scripts for such a spin-off if it isn't a deconstruction or a slice of Kyuubey's life.

03-18-11, 4:42 PM

xxangelchanxx said:

I'm glad some people kept their head on their shoulders

Slice of life series are essentially character-driven, Madoka Magica is great because of its plot, action and epicness, not characters. They are shallow, cliche, dialogs are poorly written, they only could make a very bad "soft" slice of life series, as bad as K-ON

03-18-11, 5:47 PM

SetsunaFromSeiei said:

More like slice-of-death, this is Shaft! they are trolling again $hinbo declarations sounds much like deja-vù for me, we already know what "heart-warming" means for them, they will warm our hearts, like a fucking barbecue from hell.

No, that would be much too predictable and boring.
I think they gonna troll us the other way around - to have us sitting for the whole new season and anticipating when it would turn into something dark. Then it just wouldn't. I can imagine Shaft having a trollface parade and coming up with such an idea.

03-18-11, 5:51 PM

TheGodOnlyKnows said:
Can Shinbo stop trolling us

I hope. As much as I like SOL why the fuck would they ruin something establishedly good. oh wait money

03-18-11, 6:03 PM

FOE-tan said:
xxangelchanxx said:
Maybe Shinbou realizes that, and when he is talking about "unique characters", he only means the one that really is (somewhat) original. Hint: He is white with red eyes and likes to make contracts.

That really would be the best troll ever if the heart-warming slice-of-life spin-off turned out to be Kyuubey-centric with none of the other cast featuring in anything bigger than a cameo.

Otherwise, I agree on the characters not being especially original or special. There again, characterization has never been Shinbou's strong point, so maybe he thinks that they are unique by his standards because they are 2-dimensional instead of 1-dimensional like most of his characters are.

Also to the "I would rather have Hidamari 4" crowd, I could see Aoki Ume (Hidamari's original creator and Madoka's character designer) working on the scripts for such a spin-off if it isn't a deconstruction or a slice of Kyuubey's life.

Agreed. But Kyubbey-centered slice-of-life? His daily life is making skeptical contracts and indifferently destroying lolis... Unless he just becomes a mascot character or something.

03-18-11, 6:30 PM

NotSureIfTroll.JPG

03-18-11, 6:44 PM

herox3 said:
But Kyubbey-centered slice-of-life? His daily life is making skeptical contracts and indifferently destroying lolis... Unless he just becomes a mascot character or something.

Or the show takes place on Kyubey's planet... heck, I'd actually like to see a show like that!

03-18-11, 6:49 PM

If Madoka become heartwarming version, it Precure all over again.

03-18-11, 6:56 PM

I'm not falling for that Shinbo, not this time!

03-18-11, 7:07 PM

You BASTARDS always do that... you just kill a heroine at the click of the finger. Just to end with some cheap, spontaneous climax, or go for a shallow attempt at making headlines: Have you ever thought about how a killed-off heroine might feel?!
Quoted from Keima.

03-18-11, 8:09 PM

They wonna milk the franchise

what did you people expect ?

03-18-11, 8:13 PM

How about a Heartwarming Spin-off of Kyubey? Kyubey the contractor?

It's always raining here in Philippines│ Life sucks for a NEET liek me
何回だって間違えるけど終わりはしないなら 笑ってたいな/ɐ/

03-18-11, 8:18 PM

God it sounds like a bad Higurashi with Madoka clone! DO NOT WANT, make a sequel based on the mangas or leave the series as is >_<
Drak And Shadow LPs
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More

03-18-11, 8:31 PM

Hmmm...Well as long as it has a good story...i will watch...

03-18-11, 8:41 PM

Heartwarming? Yea right, I'll Pass since it would obviously be boring T_T

03-18-11, 9:12 PM

I can probably imagine a number of complaints this news will bring up as I assume that the main driving force behind Madoka is the plot. This new Madoka that Shinbo wants to direct sounds like the generic 'cute girls doing cute things' sort of anime which is normally described as being 'lacking in plot'. Having said that, I'm actually all for this 'slice of life version of Madoka'. While I do love and enjoy Madoka for its awesome plot, and many other things, Homura has grown a lot on me, so I would love to see her in a slice of life.

03-18-11, 9:34 PM

they dont need a heartwarming anime i think thats plain stupid its good enough as IS

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already

03-18-11, 10:14 PM

Definately would love to see more madoka. Wondering if a heartwarming series would be good though? Up until now the dark suspensful side of Madoka has been what makes it popular for a lot of people. Would a heartwarming version really have that much of an overall good plot? But still looking forward to more Madoka either way. <3

03-18-11, 10:57 PM

dtshyk said:
heart warming slice-of-life series where the characters live their lives smiling not crying.

No. Denied dont ruin my awesome depression filled Madoka, unless Mami comes back...

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫

03-18-11, 11:31 PM

I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it

Seriously, I want it so much.

That enough already makes me tremble with anticipation.

The problem is, we all know it won't be true, just parallel world setting. As much as we see their happy moment, we will get our heart-broken for the horrible truth...

or...

03-18-11, 11:38 PM

I would totally watch this, but it will never happen.

03-18-11, 11:52 PM

I refuse to believe anything happy associated with the word Madoka

They won't get me this time...

03-19-11, 12:22 AM

Heartwarming? Madoka?
Those two words can't be in the same sentence together unless the word not is between them.

If it did happen, I would totally watch. It will not be as good as the original, because I absolutely love the twist the show has to normal magical girl anime.

03-19-11, 12:43 AM

Somehow, I don't believe this. Maybe because last time when someone said something about Madoka being heartwarming anime it turned like this? I think this is another troll, but I will watch it. I love Madoka for dark story, so if it will be something dark as well, I will be glad. But at the same time, I wouldn't mind seeing girls happy for once.

03-19-11, 1:09 AM

why mess with a good thing? nobody said it had to be heartwarming or that it is a bad thing if madoka isn't.

03-19-11, 2:36 AM

Ok, if they make it ecchi at least, I am in. Other than that it better have good comedy or some drama. Like make Sayaka have a nice date with Kamijou or show Mami's tragic past or Kyoko's life before she made the contract. Stuff like that would be fine too. It al depends after with the setup. I could also add that integrating battles with other witches not ever shown would be good, especially if there is some blood from wounds or the witch herself. Maybe those might somehow create the slice of life I would like to express as being something of a balance and not all the way K-ON style as eg.
Hoppy said:
Pw3age said:
Want your spinoff? Make a contract with me. ◕ ‿‿ ◕
Oh hell no, He must never make a contract with Kyubey.

Neither will I.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

03-19-11, 2:40 AM

Why the hell not.

03-19-11, 3:50 AM

This is a farce as well. Maybe this time they can fool people better? Maybe.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 0.2 1.2 [2.2] 3.2 »