MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Director Shinbo Wants to Produce Heartwarming Spin-off of Madoka Magica
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Director Shinbo Wants to Produce Heartwarming Spin-off of Madoka Magica

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
03-18-11, 1:47 PM

This probably woudln't come out for at least two years or something right? SHAFT has a lot on its upcoming plate don't they?

03-18-11, 1:51 PM

Why would anyone want to watch the brutally boring AND completely unbelievable Madoka characters in any sort of story that doesn't involve fast-paced over-the-top horror and angst?

03-18-11, 1:51 PM

I hope he is messing with us and it will be pretty bloody and depressive.

03-18-11, 1:53 PM

キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03-18-11, 1:55 PM

I see that some people didn't get the word 'spin-off'.
This won't be a sequel, this won't follow the season we all love, god all the developement that was in this season won't even matter as it won't had happened.

I'm not against it but I don't have high hope for it.
I don't beleive they are trolling this time because if they had wanted to make another dark season then they would have made a sequel but they didn't.
The reason it is a spin-off is most probably because it is not something that would fit as a sequel, prequel or anything related to the story of the first season which means that they will most probably do what they said.

03-18-11, 1:57 PM

I was saying just the other day I would genuinely pay money for a heartwarming slice of life series revolving around Madoka and Homura.

5 bucks says he's trolling.
the Imaginary and the Real can never mingle.

03-18-11, 2:10 PM

Please no.
Dont turn Madoka into stupid cashcow. I want it to have decisive ending.
And Madoka without depresive and grimdark is not Madoka.

03-18-11, 2:20 PM

I think that's a great idea.

03-18-11, 2:28 PM

So it will be like Hidamari Sketch, if the girls were mahou shoujo?

Eh, I'd rather have a new season of Hidamari Sketch instead. Except if Homura and Madoka finally realize their love for each other in this new spin off...

03-18-11, 2:44 PM

Sounds good. I'd watch it.

03-18-11, 2:51 PM

meh i dont think it will be good, it will just mess up the image i like. They should make a sequel and add more dark content!!

03-18-11, 2:52 PM

augh yeah

03-18-11, 2:59 PM

I'll watch anything Madoka-related. Dark is cool because it'll be more of what we're already getting. But slice of life would be a nice reprieve (if SHAFT isn't lying) to watch.

03-18-11, 2:59 PM

Errh, that's just wrong. Characters clearly aren't interesting enough to make a slice of life series about them, it would kill the series

Ousto said:
Eh, I'd rather have a new season of Hidamari Sketch instead.

totally.

03-18-11, 3:01 PM
Forum Moderator
Hahaha, I actually laughed when I saw this news. Sure, a spin-off would be cool as long as he will(since he is one of the greatest directors out there) keep some of their personalities intact. I think it will actually go towards the first Mahou Shoujo Madoka time-line(the one with megane Homura xD)

03-18-11, 3:13 PM

Ginga-Bishoujo said:
I see that some people didn't get the word 'spin-off'.
This won't be a sequel, this won't follow the season we all love, god all the developement that was in this season won't even matter as it won't had happened.

I'm not against it but I don't have high hope for it.
I don't beleive they are trolling this time because if they had wanted to make another dark season then they would have made a sequel but they didn't.
The reason it is a spin-off is most probably because it is not something that would fit as a sequel, prequel or anything related to the story of the first season which means that they will most probably do what they said.

The staff themselves call Orika Magica a spin-off manga. It features Mami, Kyouko in magical form. So why should a 2nd season Madoka not be related in some way to the original series?
The idea of a slice-of-life version may be nice, but there's no way someone who has seen S1, can sit back and relax while watching another season of Madoka.

03-18-11, 3:14 PM

Miiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllk.

I probably would not like it. Unless it has Mami erryday.

03-18-11, 3:22 PM

Zeream said:

More like slice-of-death, this is Shaft! they are trolling again $hinbo declarations sounds much like deja-vù for me, we already know what "heart-warming" means for them, they will warm our hearts, like a fucking barbecue from hell.
Instead of making Madoka slice-of life they should make a Hidamari Sketch 4 it sounds more likely.

03-18-11, 3:28 PM

Hmm slice of life huh?! I would love to see more Madoka but I like the whole Dark theme to it. I can't see the whole heartwarming thing but hey it would be a spin-off and I wouldn't mind giving it a try if they were to make one.

03-18-11, 3:38 PM

this is b.s. They finally make a show that is (in my opinion) unique and different from others in its category and now they want to make the cliche story out of it? nope. DO NOT SUPPORT!

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices