Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 17, 2011 12:45 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Compared to the last two episodes, that was kinda disappointing. At least we learned a bit more about what the Key is.
Mar 17, 2011 12:51 PM
Jul 2018
Meh, buildup episodes. I'm kind of dissapointed that Phryne's father's still alive after the last episode too.

I will give the creators credit, though: there were so many opportunities for a pervert joke at the start of the episode, and they held off. Having Enri be tsundere for Clain was a bit annoying, but oh well.
Mar 17, 2011 3:46 PM

Mar 2010
Seeing phryne leave was not pleasant i would be mad too just like clain, the three them looked lovely together, the war seems to have started

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 17, 2011 4:51 PM

Dec 2010
Haha for me Enri tsundere sudden punch was the best moment in the episode.

But...um anyway I think she is probably that way towards Clain because it looks like she hasn't been around kids her age a lot.
Mar 17, 2011 5:49 PM

Nov 2008
memeki said:
I will give the creators credit, though: there were so many opportunities for a pervert joke at the start of the episode, and they held off.

Agreed. I was very proud of them.
Mar 17, 2011 7:23 PM
Oct 2010
Every time I start liking Phryne she goes and does something stupid like that. And I honestly don't think the show overall is going to be as epic as they are trying to make it due to the slow pacing.
Mar 17, 2011 8:35 PM

Jul 2010
getting interesting
4/5

but regrettably,
They cut out some scenes in this episode for broadcasting
http://twitter.com/yamacane_0901/status/48338133225439232
Mar 17, 2011 9:12 PM

Jul 2010
Yeah, lots of build-up. I can't wait for this "war" they're coming up with. I hope they actually show some of the battle; I've got a bad feeling they won't. And I'm even more curious to see what Dias is going to do next.

And Phryne's dad lived? Well, this is only a good thing because we get to see him die in a more proper fashion. Fire sounds nice.

I love how completely honest Nessa is about her feelings. If she likes or doesn't like something, she definitely lets you know about it. "Zuuuuuuuuuuto~"

The new version of the Day Star song was nice. They also switched Salley Gardens back to English for this episode. I wonder why they did that. I liked it in Japanese better.
Mar 18, 2011 4:58 AM

Feb 2010
Good episode. Definitely a "transition" episode...but those are necessary...

the battle begins.

i LOVED their little hideaway this episode :)
Mar 18, 2011 10:05 AM

Feb 2010
only 2 ep left wonder if they finish it or we get a open ending for a 2nd session.
Mar 18, 2011 10:31 AM
Apr 2009
Does every series need a tsundere? come on this shit is getting retarded. Yes it happens in real life (personal experience here) but its overdone in anime. How about a nice regular romance that develops naturally, like Wolfwood and Milly from trigun.
Mar 18, 2011 12:08 PM

Dec 2010
BalrogLord said:
Does every series need a tsundere? come on this shit is getting retarded. Yes it happens in real life (personal experience here) but its overdone in anime. How about a nice regular romance that develops naturally, like Wolfwood and Milly from trigun.

Would Nessa qualify as yandere? Haha sudden anger = dangerous!
Mar 18, 2011 12:32 PM

Apr 2010
It certainly is getting interesting Phryne going back to the temple and Lost Millennium attacking it.
And how will Claine return Phryne it seems he will have his hands full on getting into the temple since he has to pas that battle somehow which just started between the temple and Lost Millennium.

Enri had a really hard time excepting the thoughts of those villagers it demonstrated how much the became dependent on the Fractale system.
And it was pretty brave of Sunda to admit they destroyed the lab of the temple to all those villagers since he didn't know how they would respond.
Nor that it was him personally that did it and the one who did it pretty much got away with it with out to much trouble.
Dias really is a untrustworthy character who just seems to be after his own goals.

Clain asking what comes after the fractale system is also a interesting question to me it seems Lost Millennium didn't really thought about that.
Would it not create anarchy and chaos since there are no leaders any more and it would probably create a power struggle.
How is Lost Millennium planning to deal with that and why does the temple consider such a period the end of the world?
Mar 18, 2011 2:07 PM

Dec 2010
I don't hate tsundere characters. I hate STUPID tsundere characters.

Damn Enri is just getting on my nerves. The only way I can let it go is to see her as a character created solely for comedic purpose. But the comedy pretty much failed for me. So there's nothing good about Enri. Have anime creators run out of ideas?!
Mar 18, 2011 2:47 PM

Aug 2010
Should be cool to see the great battle next episode, but I have one question: What happened to the guy who shot Clain with his Dopple a few episodes back? They showed who he actually was and he was just some guy barely alive on some life support system. Where is he, now and how do they plan to fit him in?
Mar 18, 2011 2:50 PM

Feb 2008
somehow i have a feeling someone is going to die....for real this time

edit: hurray for quick severs....
Mar 18, 2011 3:12 PM

Jun 2009
This could be be a good ending lol. (The "things" repeats, again and again)

Phryne escapes once agaain damn, couldn't she stay and than we can enjoy war at peacefully pace..?! xD
Overall ~ 4/5

Mar 18, 2011 3:43 PM

Jan 2009
Phryne what are you doing? Come back! щ(゚Д゚щ)
She should've just stayed and let the big guys handle the war, it'd be more interesting that way.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 18, 2011 4:26 PM
Dec 2007
Good buildup episode, but there are really, really too many Nausicaä/Laputa/Porco Rosso references.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 18, 2011 4:35 PM

Dec 2008
BalrogLord said:
Does every series need a tsundere? come on this shit is getting retarded. How about a nice regular romance that develops naturally, like Wolfwood and Milly from trigun.

I couldn't have said it better myself!! Enri makes me sick!!

Dammit, Phyrne!!! Why can't you just stay put???
Mar 18, 2011 4:55 PM

Jul 2009

According to this seasons anime, entropy is the source of all evil.
ElectromistressMar 18, 2011 4:59 PM
Mar 18, 2011 6:11 PM

Jun 2010
Does anyone else feel that this series should've been a 20+ episode continuation?
I know its not the end but still the feel that this series gives off makes me think that lol
Mar 18, 2011 6:39 PM

Oct 2010
Ok seriously... Phryne behaves like a 16 y/o girl (which is probably her age) stuborn as hell and refuses to listen what other people says to her. She promise that she would let Clain protect her, yet she does the complete opposite. At this point it was obvious that Clain will go in harms way to save her... but she really can see beyond her nose
Good change of pace... the last two episodes were chaotic and this one was a much warming and friendly... until the end slap you in the face (not that it was unforeseeable)
huh?
Mar 18, 2011 8:03 PM

Dec 2010
SkyCrawler said:
Does anyone else feel that this series should've been a 20+ episode continuation?
I know its not the end but still the feel that this series gives off makes me think that lol

I think it could probably benefit from a few additional episodes.
Mar 18, 2011 8:46 PM
Feb 2011
SkyCrawler said:

yes i totally agree. This show could EASILY be 25 episodes, considering all the stuff packed into this anime. i dont know why they insist on 11 episodes. they do seem to jump from scene to scene. they did it pretty well at the start, letting you breathe in the scenery and whatnot. we need more of that in the latter half. if they must have 11 episodes then each episode should be like 45 minutes long then.

also. i was PISSED to see phryne's dad again. UUUUUUUUGH!!! like Nessa said -->> SWALLOW 1000 NEEDLES!!! i think he should die this way. and those needles should be like, HUGE. then toss him out of an airplane over some jaggedy rocks. then i will be satisfied.

choyos said:
Ok seriously... Phryne behaves like a 16 y/o girl (which is probably her age) stuborn as hell and refuses to listen what other people says to her. She promise that she would let Clain protect her, yet she does the complete opposite. At this point it was obvious that Clain will go in harms way to save her... but she really can see beyond her nose
Good change of pace... the last two episodes were chaotic and this one was a much warming and friendly... until the end slap you in the face (not that it was unforeseeable)

Clain was finally able to say how he truly feels about Phryne. so she has yet to hear it. i look forward to that. i think she carries alot of feelings of unworthiness for clain, which seemed, to me to DRIP out of that letter she left him. i bet she thinks, in her twisted logic, that the way to save clain is to go back. its probably not what she wants to do, because she ran from them in the first place, but shes doing it for clain.
Mar 18, 2011 11:40 PM

Aug 2009
Phyrne kissed Clain while he was asleep. Is she realizing what love really is?
Mar 19, 2011 12:14 AM

Jun 2008
so-so episode...but I still really enjoyed it.

PR3DAT0R said:

According to this seasons anime, entropy is the source of all evil.
This. When I saw that I was thinking "The fractale system is lead by Kyuubey!!!" Everything started to make sense. X3
Mar 19, 2011 12:42 AM

Sep 2009
Just when there was starting to be a good mood with Phryne and Clain, Phryne goes and runs off. There better be a nice proper confession sometime in the next two episodes.
Mar 19, 2011 2:09 AM

Jan 2009
YGH said:
SkyCrawler said:
I think it could probably benefit from a few additional episodes.
Like say, 2 more episodes to make it a regular 13-episode series.
More than that? Would probably not work. Unless they reworked the whole thing, changed the pacing completely and added some new elements. Then it might work as a 24-episode series.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 19, 2011 4:20 AM

Nov 2007
Sad to see the art taking a nosedive this ep. I'm sure it's due to recent events, but it's extra painful for a show that has been so amitious in the art department.
The episode itself was rather lackluster, but they sure sent out death flags with the group picure and the 'Let's be together forever" stuff.
I liked how Sunda made it clear that, although Clain is friends with the LM members, he isn't really one of them. Clain picking up a gun and join the fight simply wouldn't have fitted.
Clain, Nessa and Phryne were realy nice together, too bad that Pryne still doesn't get it. She should've known the other 2 would go after her. She might get through to her 'mother' (another Phryne clone?) though, who doesn't seem to like the system much either. But in the end, I think it's Nessa who sacrifies herself.
Mar 19, 2011 4:36 AM

Nov 2009
Enri was funny for me, but most likely because she is not even really a contender. Besides the fact that Phyrne ran away, i thought that the over mushy 'we can all touch each other so lets be happy' was cute although boardering on...

Phyrne x Claine all the way.
Mar 19, 2011 5:21 AM

Jun 2008
So big war on the way. I didn't get what where those numbers the priest was saying. So the Phyrne we know is a clone too. So is the priestess? Was there some other Phyrne long long ago? Or where those just numbers the fractale systems puts to everyone to keep track of them?
Also does Phryne had her memories removed and put into Nessa? Is that what she meant soul and body? If she would get her memories and remembers how she was then she will be a different person. Is that what she meant when she said i won't be the same? I'm a little confused.

BTw Claine should really tie Phryne to the bed or something because every time he closes his eyes she starts running away.
Mar 19, 2011 7:00 AM

Nov 2009
The seconds she said "The only one who convince my father is me" I facepalm'd so hard. ARE YOU RETARDED PHRYNE THERE'S NOTHING TO CONVINCE HERE THERE'S AN ALL OUT WAR LOST MILLENNIUM IS BLOWIN THAT SHIT UP ASKGHAKLGHAGKLAHKALGLA -rage-
Mar 19, 2011 8:27 AM

Sep 2009
I believe we just saw a kiss.
Mar 19, 2011 9:33 AM
Feb 2011
PseudoJordan said:
I believe we just saw a kiss.

I'm not satisfied unless Clain is awake. and that bastard "father" of hers dies a death suitable for my hatred of him. i like the sound of spontaneous combustion.

saxophone15 said:
Just when there was starting to be a good mood with Phryne and Clain, Phryne goes and runs off. There better be a nice proper confession sometime in the next two episodes.

yes yes yes Phryne needs to hear clain spit it out already. he told nessa but thats NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Fractales getting good. they better pull it off in 2 episodes.....
Mar 19, 2011 9:49 AM

May 2010
Interesting episode. So that's why Nessa is more than a zapping doppel!!

Now, I wonder how will those two become one to form the key.

Nessa in this ep really puts a big smile in my face. She's so honest with what she likes and whatnot. :)

So romance is pretty much clearer now because of that kiss. =p

And the war. Can't help but be excited.

Also, good to hear again the ED in english and so with the insert song.
StormViruzMar 19, 2011 9:55 AM
Mar 19, 2011 10:45 AM

Aug 2008
Highlight of the episode was when Nessa went: Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu *runs out of breath, inhales again* to! So cute :)

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Mar 19, 2011 10:49 AM

Jun 2009
I’ve known it since it began, but it disappoints me all the same. Why can’t Fractale be more consistent? Last episode was incredible, but this one just fell short. I know they need a buildup episode but couldn’t they make it a little bit more interesting?

“Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutto~” Nessa sure is Unlimited Cuteness Works.

DARN YOU, PHRYNE. CAN’T YOU GET IT? All was peace, all was flowers and then you came, broke the promise you made just a few hours(?) before leaving them by themselves and of course, you didn’t think they wouldn’t risk their lives and the world’s future because they are going to go after you, right? Well, they do. And just when I was starting to like you since I thought you weren’t as annoying as before. Great, Phryne, you’re a genius.

Character design and art in general was different this time… At some moments it seemed worse than usual and at others, better in detail.

“If I were to offer a wish to the day star…”♪ I’m happy they showed the insert-song this time, I really like it.

Only two more episodes?!
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Mar 19, 2011 12:14 PM

Jun 2009
Gimmes 2 moar episodes so that we'd have a normal 13 episode series and i'm pleased.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 19, 2011 12:15 PM

Aug 2010
Looks like a fights about to go down.
Again Phryne runs away thats like the 100th time in the show
Mar 19, 2011 1:26 PM
Feb 2011
I've actually started to really like Enri since she started acting like less of a comic character and started showing actual development in that she likes Clain. anybody else feel this way?
Mar 19, 2011 2:24 PM

Nov 2007
I've thoroughly disliked her throughout the series, except for the last eps where she actually made herself useful. This ep she was sliding back into her old behavior, though not as bad as it was at first. Can't say I like her now, but she gained some sympathy from me.
Mar 19, 2011 3:01 PM
Feb 2011
^

I find it hard to "thoroughly dislike" any comic relief characters. since they arent made to be hated. Even with tsunderes in shojo, i only get irritated with them. there are various degrees of irritation of course ^^
Mar 19, 2011 6:23 PM

Jul 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if Clain brings a pair of handcuffs :3
Mar 19, 2011 8:53 PM

Oct 2010
This episode had 2 things going on one hand all out war as in the following,

holy shit that’s a lot of Airships. Damn Temple used cheap ass propaganda to use Lost Millennium as the scapegoat for the collapsing of the Fractale system while all that is to only get rid of Lost Millennium and camouflaging the true reason of them not having the key. On the other hand, we have the most adorable family reconciling, having fun and sleeping all together ever in the spoiler
If I had to guess better I look up to Phryne already being the wife of Clain although not sure how Enri would take it. The whole Key concept as a bogus mixture of soul, God and different elements such as the soul being one with the machine for this whole rebooting process thingy. Anyways more later.
Yumekichi11Mar 20, 2011 3:32 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 19, 2011 10:35 PM
Feb 2011
^

This last picture, the shot was really short, so i never got a good look at Nessa but she is TOO cute snuggled up to Clain like that. Now if only Phryne acted like that...
Mar 20, 2011 3:35 AM

Oct 2010
MaedhrostheTall said:
^This last picture, the shot was really short, so i never got a good look at Nessa but she is TOO cute snuggled up to Clain like that. Now if only Phryne acted like that...
Yeah that's the bitch with some animes and episodes, they just pass by too fast so I have fun watching it by frames and so result the screenshot. Nessa is really great and I am sure as she discovers love between Phryne and Clain, well it would certainly be nice for her not too take it negatively and I am sure she will not. Just I am curious how will Nessa react to kiss?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 20, 2011 5:07 AM

Jun 2009
Why Phryne must be so stubborn? >.> Anyway, it makes me feel like someone is going to die (most probably Nessa). I would prefer everyone alive, though.
Mar 20, 2011 5:36 AM

Aug 2010
First things first...the art in this episode was terrible...they remedied it in some places and looked sweet especially at the flying part, but the rest was simply terrible...
Now then, the episode was really ok...though I am dissapointed that Phryne decides to talk about her and Nessa's role in all of this after 9 episodes and it wasn't really much to say...
Meh, I hope for the next 2 episodes to be great...
Mar 20, 2011 7:08 AM
Mar 2011
PerlaNemesis said:
Why Phryne must be so stubborn? >.> Anyway, it makes me feel like someone is going to die (most probably Nessa). I would prefer everyone alive, though.
I´m quite sure Phryne will die to make place for Enri in Clain´s life. And the destruction of the Fractale System will cause Nessa to fade away, too. I would prefer a solution which is not sad like that, too, but they need to resolve the harem situation...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fractale Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 20, 2011

137 by ka7eMARU »»
Feb 6, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Mar 31, 2011

204 by luminality »»
Nov 23, 2022 3:04 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DL21 - Feb 24, 2011

94 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 5:16 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Angy- - Feb 17, 2011

78 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 7:53 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.