MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Pandora Hearts Chapter 59 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Pandora Hearts »» Pandora Hearts Chapter 59 Discussion

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
View Poll Results: Pandora Hearts Chapter 59 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

53 77.94%
4 out of 5: Liked it

8 11.76%
3 out of 5: It was OK

1 1.47%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

6 8.82%
Voters: 68

03-21-11, 7:37 AM

What on earth?! What happen? No Elliot!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, one of my fave chars just go and get himself killed! Waaahhh! >.<

I'm going to read it again so I can digest the harsh truth finally... gosh, how sad, yet so beautifully portrayed... *sniff sniff* The pace of the story was superb.. it depicts the conflict within Elliot and then realizing the only way to redeem himself is through death... *sobs* 5/5 not because of Elliot's death but how the art and story moved me so emotionally... I don't want Elliot to die! Please don't let him be dead! O.o Argh! Next chapter! Gahh! Too long! >.<

Even though Elliot hated self-sacrifice, ironically he did the opposite.. he sacrificed himself for the sake of others so that Oz wouldn't be burden that he killed Elliot, his friend.. If I was Jun-sama, I can't think of any fitting way to kill off a character such that of Elliot.. Gahh, why are so good, Jun-sama?!

03-21-11, 7:59 AM

Marmalade said:
I really hope Break's not dead, too. Not yet, at least! D8

Um, I'm pretty sure he's not dead...oo

SapphireStar26 said:
Meh I don't feel one bit sorry for Vincent, if Gil comes to blows with him it's what he deserves for siding with the Baskervilles. And I'm glad Break finally got the chance to tell Gil, Gil deserved to know just what a creeper his brother was e__e Sorry I know you're a fan of Vincent, and it's obvious I don't like him at all, but it's the truth XD;;

It's okay lol, I'm perfectly aware of the fact that most Pandora Hearts fans hate him xD
My point is that there must be a reason why he's siding with them. From all we know now I really don't see how could that benefit him or Gilbert and it's pretty obvious that he wouldn't do anything much to help others so idk. There must be a good explanation (ar at least good in Vincent's head and that would be enough to satisfy me in particular lol) so I really hope they have a talk. If they don't I'll be really pissed at Gilbert. I'd also be kinda annoyed with Vincent if he somehow avoids explanations again. >>

Dhuaine said:
Am I the only one who absolutely hated how useless Alice has become?

Um, I'm pretty sure you're not the only one but now Oz is the more useful one and I really don't mind that.

Azeher said:
@GracefulDownfall: Yes, I'm sure both Ada and Eliot have left a big mark on him.

I love you for reading my comments xD

Azeher said:
I always thought Jack had killed Alice. Really. Why?
Well, first bc it was so much obvious Vince did it, that it was even more obvious he didn't do it.

*nods* I thought that was weird too. I mean, since the very beginning it was so obvious, and then, Vincent said something like "This can't be. You are supposed to be dead, I saw you.." he never said he killed her. Then again, people tend to not believe the most obvious solution while sometimes it is the correct one (lol, has anyone seen Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei? XD) In spite of that, it isn't like Jun-sama to make things that simple.. Okay, this is getting more and more confusing...

Azeher said:
Though... if you read well, Alice didn't say Jack, she said "Oz", what made me think, it's not like as Jack killed her, Oz remembers it, but that Oz himself killed her. He was at Sablier!

That can make some sense, bc we don't even know who Oz is. Whether he's the actual Oz or some child Zai found to make a kind of experiment.

...and this is where everything gets too complicated for me and I just can't accept that idea. Idk, it really didn't seem like Oz was in Sablier, but there was that thing with him "might not being Oz Vesallius"... Idk, I can't think of this yet xD

Azeher said:
Whatever, I not sure of anything except, everyone will die.

Oh my god.... This. At first I was just like "Nuuu, Vincent's gonna die for sure T__T" from the very beginning. Then I thought about it and... everyone is gonna die Oo Okay, maybe a few of them will survive but I don't know who anymore...oo

JustMyself said:
We need another great villain, but I am 100% Vincent won't be it. I think Vincent is a typical freudian exmaple : as a child he had it rough, he had to take care of a brother who was attatched not to him, but to his master, a brother who instead of being happy and cheerful, had to definitely go through severe depression for Oz's supposed death. I feel for Vincent, for he had to turn into the villain since he's a strong person who can overpower his self and become something for all to hate, so that we won't be wondering what the hell is going on inside of Oz's head.

Imagine now, because of Oz the seal has been broken, Alice almost got killed, Elliot is killed and who knows what else will be happening. Who's the real villain?

BREAK! :P Anyways, I am happy because I won't have to wonder if what I am seeing is Elliot, Break, Vincent or Oz anymore (although Vincy isn't that same...).

*gasp*
Oh my god... I love you for this. I seriously love you.
I've been dying to write a comment like this but didn't because I've been standing up from Vincent in practically every post I've made so far so I decided to not say anything for now. Then you posted this. Thank you.
Exactly what you said.
I'm pretty sure Vincent's not the villain here. I do hope that he won't die before we 'find out' though...

JustMyself said:
Teeheeee.. Elliot died. How glad I am. Now everyone will have to find a new favourite character. I so love it when mangaka are so great that they aren't afraid to KILL! Long live Pandora Hearts!

I'm not happy, but after going through the first nooooo reaction, I realized that:
1.) It had to be that way
2.) His death just made Pandora Hearts all the more amazing
I mean, seriously, most authors are too afraid of losing fans so they don't kill off any of the loved characters. My respect for her really grew after this.

03-21-11, 11:34 AM

I've been looking to Crimson Shell as a potential indicator of the tone and death toll of PH ending too, and I see no evidence there that everyone will die. There's a decent death toll in Crimson Shell, but nothing shocking or staggering... mainly the 2 Black Roses and Xeno. So I don't think PH will have any more deaths than necessary for the plot.

03-21-11, 11:56 AM

Vincent is what I would consider to be Chaotic Good. He has good intentions (he wants whatever is best for Gil, even though he's cooperating with the Baskervilles for unspecified reasons), but he has a psychopathic personality.

The opposite would be Fang. He's a Lawful Evil. He was one of the bad guys, but he was a fair fighter and he sacrificed himself to save Lily.

And about the death toll, Pandora Hearts is a series, while Crimson Shell was just a oneshot. I do think that Pandora Hearts will have a larger death toll (Break is guaranteed to die in the near future, and I can't see Oscar living to the end of the series either). The best part about Jun is that she is not afraid to go for the kill (literally) by killing off fan-favorite characters. Fang was much more popular than Doug, and Eliot was waaay more popular than most of the other characters.

03-21-11, 12:06 PM

Break still has a very large role to play in the plot so I don't see him dying in the "near future." Currently he's the only person who can kill Baskervilles and he also has to fulfill Alyss' wish before he dies. Alyss' wish is to understand her connection to the Tragedy of Sablier, and I don't think that'll be revealed until the very end. Hence, I doubt Break can die until the very end. He still has 2+ years of chapters to go.

03-21-11, 1:33 PM

I don't think that Break will die soon either... He's still too important.

Neiru2012 said:
Alyss' wish is to understand her connection to the Tragedy of Sablier.

That was her wish? oo
Lol, thanks, I obviously missed that part. And I've been wondering about her wish for ages. Fail.

03-21-11, 2:08 PM

misherux said:
Elliot's one of my favorite characters and every chapter I love him more and more. He's such a tragic character and his death just makes it more tragic. I'm sad that he died but at the same time I'm so proud of him for dying so honorably.

THIS. Exactly >~<

I'm really anticipating the inevitable confrontation between Gil and Vincent...

03-21-11, 3:50 PM

GracefulDownfall said:
That was her wish? oo
Lol, thanks, I obviously missed that part. And I've been wondering about her wish for ages. Fail.

Yep, Break explains it here, and really, while he doesn't reference Alyss specifically, why else would he care about Alyss' connection to the tragedy? He's not simply curious about what happened 100 years ago, but her connection to it in particular, and I think makes sense that Alyss would want to know that.

03-21-11, 5:15 PM

I always thought Jack killed Alice too, but because i thought he wanted to protect her of being used by Glen, even though killing one to save it's life is pretty much ironic.

I don't think Elliot's really dead, he can go to the abyss and make a contract with another chain, i don't know. Would be awesome if he contracts with Alyss. C':

Amazing chapter, the ending was so sad ;_;
Modified by Liinah, 03-21-11, 5:25 PM

03-21-11, 6:32 PM

Neiru2012 said:
Break still has a very large role to play in the plot so I don't see him dying in the "near future." Currently he's the only person who can kill Baskervilles and he also has to fulfill Alyss' wish before he dies. Alyss' wish is to understand her connection to the Tragedy of Sablier, and I don't think that'll be revealed until the very end. Hence, I doubt Break can die until the very end. He still has 2+ years of chapters to go.

I say "near future" because Pandora Hearts doesn`t have much longer to go. Mochizuki said 20 volumes, and this is the second chapter in Volume 15. That`s 20 more chapters, or about a year and a half left.

03-21-11, 6:37 PM

She cited 20 volumes, but that she might go over. I can't see her destroying 2 sealing stones AND have the series climax in 5 volumes without horribly rushing things. That's why I project around 2-3 years' worth of chapters left. I could be wrong.

03-21-11, 7:20 PM

I refuse to believe that Elliot is dead, guess I'll just have to wait and see :'(

03-21-11, 7:39 PM

If Elliot is really dead, then please.....STAY DEAD!!!

I don't mean this in a cynical way, it just ANNOYS me to see "dead" characters come back to life....it's the ultimate Deux Ex Machina.

I gotta say, this was the first chapter in a long time that I actually enjoyed, I'm still wondering how much is left.
Momo>Sports>Breaking Bad>Anime

1997 2001 2003 2006 2012 2013

03-21-11, 8:41 PM

i don't think Mochizuki-sama is going to do another fake-out. And, to be quite honest, I think it would be a huge rip off for him to somehow come back to life. That would totally defeat everything that his death stood for.

Also; am I the only one to notice how significant the whole thing about rejecting your chain seemed? This may just be me, but i don't think we've seen the end of it for that. I'm going to predict that that'll come back someday either between Oz and Alice or Gil and Raven. Why, I have no idea. It just seemed too....big, to leave alone

03-21-11, 10:59 PM

Daamn. Most of my uber favorite characters end up dying or get disabilities (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ I'll laugh out of bitter irony if Echo kicks the bucket.

Gaah. This is like Death Note all over again. *puts PH on hold* ( ´_ゝ`)

03-21-11, 11:12 PM

Azeher said:

Not to mention, he "apparently" died hating Leo, which makes me sadder bc Leo just did all that to save him, not to turn him into an insane murderer.

I don'y think Eliot died hating Leo, the reason why he said "STAY BACK, LEO!" was because that big circle thing that seemed to cut things was near him.

03-21-11, 11:43 PM

Uhhhhh T^T EEELLIIIOOOOTTTTTT T^T
I'm soo gonna miss him. He was so awesome, even in his death.
I'm still hoping that he's alive somehow but I doubt it.
If he's really dead, I hope they'll see him in the abyss~. Anything, just to see him again T^T
Huuuu~ T^T Anyways, maan, Leo's reacting to the seals. I hope the baskervilles won't notice him soon,
I want him to sta on the "good side" for now. xDD

03-22-11, 4:06 AM

Three things before I get to Elliot;
1. I can't believe how freaking attractive Vincent is with his hair pulled back! ._. And for that, I cannot hate him.
2. Why is he working with the baskervilles again? >.>
3. Barma <3

Now to Elliot;
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! T~T
I WAS NOT EXPECTING HIM TO DIE!? /is shot for being dumb and not seeing this coming.
I-I-I... jbdslncvjbjgrfdvn?!?!?! /cries self to sleep
Though, it was kinda... Lovely? how he died? Q.Q Ok, maybe touching?
IT WAS STILL SWEET! D'<
Though, now that I clear my eyes and think about it a bit more, poor Leo!

03-22-11, 9:54 AM

@ Neiru2012: Hmmm, I didn't know that was her wish, either... indeed I even thought it was to eat Alice after last chapter LOLOL

I'm pretty sure everyone will die, tho. If you ask me, I think the only surviving ppl will be the supportive characters like Reim, Oscar, etc, etc...
The ones who cared for the main ones, between them Sharon who is more relevant.

The only ones have a chance to stay alive are Oz, Alice and Gil, but I believe they'll die too.

@ GracefulDownfall: lol it's ok, I like to read other's comments and answer them too.

Regarding to what everyone said about Eliot's death being beautifully portrayed and that it would suck to bring him back bc it'd ruin the whole scene... yeah! It's true.

I think Jun-sama needed his death to move the story and plot, and even when she probably felt bad for killing Eliot, she WON'T change what happened. She's demostrated to be very professional, and that's why she's the best!

I'm still depressed, tho...

@ GennyMon: That was before reading the translation. I know he tryed to keep him safe.
However it still annoys me he didn't even think a bit about him while dying.
Modified by Azeher, 03-22-11, 10:00 AM

03-22-11, 2:00 PM

Elliot..? I hope he will be still alive but this would be weird.. don't know what I want..
Gil know that Vince is a bad boy.. interesting..
Elliot and self-sacrifice.. really ironic

Wonder if Vince know that Leo is Glen reincarnation.. and what he will told Leo about Elliot's death..
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices