Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 12, 2011 10:07 AM

May 2010
Is funny how Kihara could actually be so addicted in beating Accelerator,so much that he literally ignore Index but Accelerator does know how to return a favor for beating him so badly by shooting Kihara's ass all the way to the sky !!

Mar 12, 2011 10:50 AM
Nov 2010
What the fuck?

48 episodes later and this show still doesn't make any sense. And what's with the new characters?

First we got Mugen ripoff now an Aizen ripoff.
Mar 12, 2011 10:57 AM

May 2008
Accelerator...holy...fuck. I was terrified. I've never been so scared watching an Index episode until now. That scared the living shit out of me. He like..spoke demon language and ripped that dude's face off o_o Well, his hair..or something...jesus.

Mar 12, 2011 12:08 PM

May 2008
Accelerator is sure awesome, isn't he?
Mar 12, 2011 1:46 PM

Aug 2010
And yet another girl gets a falcon punch to the face. And yes. Touma's speeches are still annoying. At least Accelerator is still a badass.
Mar 12, 2011 1:54 PM
Jan 2010
I couldn't stop thinking Zombie Accelerator throughout half the episode. I thought the wings would look better aswell
Mar 12, 2011 2:09 PM

Jul 2010
am i the only think this episode had lots of flaws.

- touma speech is getting too much repetitive in each and every battle.
- touma punches are also getting too much repetitive in each battle. it was good in the beginning but now in every battle, all he need is to run, stop magic attacks and hit on the face, one or two punches and game over. if that's the case then all you need is someone with little bit martial arts (like tsuchimikado) or modern arts (a machine gun) to beat him. not some super duper magic.
- a very poor back story from vento, even if she knew it's flawed reason or not. that all science hatred stuff shouldn't have come up and she should've just fight, no matter whatever the reason are, but telling touma reasons, why she attacking the city and how much she hate science is just not making any sense (at-least to me.). after her great entrance and challenging to alestor.
- index suddenly knew where is last order and she is the one controlling everything. even touma and misaka didn't know that(?). and she also discovered a way to stop it. i thought index know only about magic, not science.
- Kizihara was over reacting against half dead accelerator. he lost his cool self when accelerator suddenly stand up again. he also forgot how to fight if he don't have any powers. and i don't know why he was suddenly thinking killing him won't be enough and then suddenly new powers for accelerator when he almost died with that hand grenade.
- The way misaka was dodging bullets. i think that was cheap animation.
- Index was completely ignored by kizihara. while she was singing despite the fact there was life and death battle, hand grenade blast and crazy laughs.
- Suddenly a new enemy appeared, who will end up with 3 punches. though i'm glad it not one more girl.

That said. touma need some new powers or at-least some martial art training, so his punches can make a little bit sense in every battle. (but i think that's not going to happen)
Han-yuuMar 12, 2011 6:39 PM
Mar 12, 2011 2:31 PM

Dec 2009
Somehow I'm not satisfied with this episode, I wanted to see accelerator fighting with his esper power... bare fist fights are boring ( hm, touma comes to my mind here.... ). I really loved how accelerator fought touma in season 1 ^^

Now Accelerators fight in this episode:
He....
- gets his ass kicked
- gets his ass kicked
- gets his ass kicked
- goes in some weird zombie mode
- gets his ass kicked
- gets his ass kicked

He should be already unconscious now, but time for some wings out of nowhere and an " I blow you away finishing attack "... wow

And great that they didn't explain anything... I kind of agree with SuperSaiyen >.>

Don't missunderstand me, I like this anime, but sometimes it really pisses me off... same thing with vento...I think you guys all know what I mean.. ( toumas fights are ALWAYS the same in the second season ).

No offence to the animation, it was awesome ^^
3,5 / 5 for this :/
yuno6.jpg
Mar 12, 2011 2:47 PM

Apr 2007
Man, this episode was awesome. Once again, I cant wait for next week. I hope the tsunami craziness doesnt delay it (and of course, I hope things get under control and I wish the people living through that the best.)
Blergh.
Mar 12, 2011 3:02 PM
Feb 2011
Again Touma with one of his annoying & boring speeches.. It takes a big amount of self control not to fast-forward them...
Mar 12, 2011 3:13 PM

Jun 2010
Accelerator = God.......that's all I have to say.
Mar 12, 2011 3:48 PM
Mar 2010
Finally at volume 15 in the LN... I believe they explain Accelerator's new power as "awakened" or something like that, or so I hear. Well, time for some Battle Royale :D
Mar 12, 2011 3:51 PM

Nov 2009
Besides Accelerator becoming a angel (apparently) the episode was rather annoying. Vento's battle was another stupid speech by Touma, and then yes, the punch to the face.

Was anyone else laughing when The guy basically ignored Index while he was curb stomping Accelerator. XD I seriously did not get the whole index situation.
Mar 12, 2011 5:34 PM
Jan 2011
herox3 said:

ummmm,no. Next week is the epilogue of V.13 and then the SS novel. If they had V15 people would just orgasm all over(imho)

Spirit_Sempai said:

the fight imo were awesome but what pisses me off is that JC rushed the hell out of this arc. Things that should be mentioned.

-indexs song is somewhat magical but its changing the whole Fuze=Kazakiri thing so shes unaffected.
-index takes LO to a corner or another room instead of just running infront of them.
-Ventos reason for hating science was shit. Vento,touma,and aqcua knew this. She made that her reason for her spell.
-I wonder how they are going to do the epilogue? Well it'll be another intro to the 3rd GRS member.

I am in love with this series seriously. Although, i dont criticize anime watchers only for shit that isn't mentioned. Thats what this ep messed up. This is literally the only ep that ruined it for me which hurts me to do this but 3/5 cuz of the awesome fights and step 1 to accelerator becoming an angel. I find it kind of funny though, people complained that season 1 had alot of exposition. You see what happens when u take it out? Remember if u wanna read the novels click the link in my siggy.
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Mar 12, 2011 5:44 PM

Jun 2009
Touma. When are you going to learn? You have life experience that is at about the level of a one year old baby. You are in absolutely no position to preach life lessons like it's gods gospel. Especially when you know literally f*ck all about the other person. Take a lesson from Accelerator. He doesn't have to spout hypocritical bullshit when he beats someone up.

alexcampos said:
*Sigh*

Are you kidding me J.C Staff???

AGAIN???

It's the same damn thing all over agian....

Touma clearly is loosing the battle...

BS Speech...

Falcon Punch...

Win!!!

Whatever, I don't even care about that nonsense, at least Accelerator was awesome as usual.

I'm still hoping for a "good" finale...but who knows....the way we're going it's pretty predictable.

Don't blame J.C staff. They are just adapting the novels faithfully. Your beef is with the writer of the novels and not the animation studio.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Mar 12, 2011 5:54 PM
Jan 2011
Oh, thought people should know this since people always ask why touma says "i'll break ur illusion"

There is a sort of running gag in the show with Touma being fond of telling people that he'll "break their illusion". before proceeding to beat them with his right hand. More specifically, he says "I'll kill it... That illusion/fantasy of yours!!" It's actually a pun: The Kanji given for 'Imagine Breaker' is 'Illusion/Fantasy Killer (Genso Goroshi)'.

Mar 12, 2011 6:16 PM

Aug 2008
What the heck is wrong with you people? This episode was awful! I'm seriously considering giving this series a 1/10. Touma wins the same dumb way he's won a dozen times. So freaking stupid.

And Accelerator gaining "new power" is horrific. He got his ass beat sooo many times in the span of like 3 hours. His getting up each isn't only implausible, it's rehash filler. And what the hell is Kihara doing? He just stands there kicking Accelerator over and over while Index looks over Last Order. WTF?!?!?!

There's no logic in this anime at all. Zero. It's truly unbelievable that one anime can be so bad.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Mar 12, 2011 6:16 PM

Jul 2010
helur said:
Was anyone else laughing when The guy basically ignored Index while he was curb stomping Accelerator. XD I seriously did not get the whole index situation.

Oh yeah. forgot to add this point in my list. she was completely ignored by Kizihara and she was singing in the middle of a fight. hilarious situation.

Also i laughed hard when touma punches one more girl. i even take that beautiful capture to post here, but never mind.
Mar 12, 2011 7:10 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

TIRO FINALE!!!!LOL

episode was 4/5
Mar 12, 2011 7:20 PM
Jan 2011
Tsuki-Hime said:
am i the only think this episode had lots of flaws.

- touma speech is getting too much repetitive in each and every battle.
- touma punches are also getting too much repetitive in each battle. it was good in the beginning but now in every battle, all he need is to run, stop magic attacks and hit on the face, one or two punches and game over. if that's the case then all you need is someone with little bit martial arts (like tsuchimikado) or modern arts (a machine gun) to beat him. not some super duper magic.
- a very poor back story from vento, even if she knew it's flawed reason or not. that all science hatred stuff shouldn't have come up and she should've just fight, no matter whatever the reason are, but telling touma reasons, why she attacking the city and how much she hate science is just not making any sense (at-least to me.). after her great entrance and challenging to alestor.
- index suddenly knew where is last order and she is the one controlling everything. even touma and misaka didn't know that(?). and she also discovered a way to stop it. i thought index know only about magic, not science.
- Kizihara was over reacting against half dead accelerator. he lost his cool self when accelerator suddenly stand up again. he also forgot how to fight if he don't have any powers. and i don't know why he was suddenly thinking killing him won't be enough and then suddenly new powers for accelerator when he almost died with that hand grenade.
- The way misaka was dodging bullets. i think that was cheap animation.
- Index was completely ignored by kizihara. while she was singing despite the fact there was life and death battle, hand grenade blast and crazy laughs.
- Suddenly a new enemy appeared, who will end up with 3 punches. though i'm glad it not one more girl.

That said. touma need some new powers or at-least some martial art training, so his punches can make a little bit sense in every battle. (but i think that's not going to happen)
The wings were going to happen that way. Besides that ,even I am disappointed with the adaptation index was supposed to come in and kihara was coming for her. She was going to defend herself but then accelerator jumped. She throws a phone at him and takes LO to a corner and do the rest. Accelerator is constantly taking beatings cuz he keeps grabbing kihara. Kihara gets pissed and right there decides that he's just gonna kill accelerator right there.The new enemy end in three punches? Lol. No. Didn't I already tell u what was going to happen? Or u ignored for spoiler?

Ventos reason was bothering her but as a reason to hate science wasn't it. Lol touma and aqua were supposed to go. That reason was stupid.

Mar 12, 2011 8:05 PM

Dec 2010
Accelerator's awesomeness in the novel are... being completely ruined. I mean, when I read the novel, it was so amazing and all, and Kihara's expression was just... I don't know, it doesn't suit so well...
His black wings are amazing <3 And Acqua's voice is just... Loveable <3

ETZALI/UNABARA WILL COME IN THE NEXT EPISODE <3
Mar 12, 2011 8:39 PM

Apr 2010
Mockman said:
Why are there multiple discussions for this episode? (And for other series like Madoka Magica and Fractale).

Could be cause the forums have been acting up. For instance, I tried to reply last night but it gave an error saying thread doesn't exist or something (the thread I was viewing).
Mar 12, 2011 10:21 PM

Mar 2010
Whoa. A little too over predictable and a little too much action. Not that it's a bad thing, but what the hell just really happened? Accelerator sends Kihara into space somehow, Touma knocks out Vento while her friend appears, and Misaka is still doing pretty much nothing. I'm hoping the next episode is less predictable and more episodic. Looking forward to the next!
Mar 12, 2011 11:10 PM

Dec 2010
Im getting confused with Accelerator case, so his black angel wings are the form of his SUPER UBER esper powers? I thought he couldnt use his esper powers if he ddint use the Misaka Network. And did Accelerator go all funny because he didnt have the Misaka Network anymore, since he hurt his head.
And what was the yellow fairy dust like thing that came from that Kazakiri??
Anyways, it was a great episode even thought it got me confused what was happening ...
Mar 12, 2011 11:33 PM

Apr 2008
Story just got stupid for 1 episode.

Too many speeches. (and long periods of inaction where characters are thinking)

Punch. Arc Done. New enemy. Either a 2 episode arc or 1 episode and a cliff hanger for index 3.

Facepalm*
Mar 13, 2011 5:03 AM

Jun 2010
Before I rant, I'm going to have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. The plot has finally begun to move, and the animation was quite high in quality.

A few annoying things:
A Touma punch, once again, finalizes the episode. Derp.

Another completely lame reason for the enemy to fight (Vento's kid brother dies, so she wants to kill everyone involved with science? I was hoping for something more serious, perhaps painful experimentation or something. But a malfunctioning amusement ride? Come now. Not enough reason for man-slaughter.)

Index somehow finds Accelerator, then decides that a song will solve everything? Wtf? This needs some explaining.

And yeah, I thought it was quite odd that Kihara ended up letting Accelerator tear off his hair. I thought he had uber-awesome reflexes and fighting skills. Seriously? What happened here?

I don't think Accelerator is an angel. Sorry, not working for me. Though I do think that Accelerator might do something like, cutting off his ability to speak, in order to use that portion of his brain for vector calculations. If you look at it that way, it makes sense. Also, I suppose it's possible that Index's song could have influenced him.

All in all, I'm glad to see Accelerator get some more action, and science and magic FINALLY start to collide. They've talked about it for long enough, takun.

Wonder how this will turn out. Just based on the storyline so far, I'm guessing this arc will finish, and there will be an Index 3 later.

Can't wait for the next episode, and beyond that, the next season =P
Mar 13, 2011 7:11 AM

Apr 2010
Lat weeks episode was better i think the end of this arc could have been better it wasn't a bad ending tho and it suggest next arc probably won't finish this season.
And i am wondering how next arc will complete and my speculation is that it will be the start of the next Toaru Kagaka no Railgun but time will tell.

Accelerator looked like a zombie most of this episode and i wonder if he suffered any brain damage from all those punches and kicks he received.
His behavior certainly seemed more like instinct then that of a normal thinking human it was somewhat freaky to watch.
Tho that song of Index somehow seemed to help.

Index was somehow strange as well she was taking her time thinking calling Misaka and asking her questions while Kihara was beating the shit out of Accelerator.
And she didn't pay any attention at all tho the same thing could be said for Kihara not paying any attention to Index.
Kihara's and Accelerators' behavior during that time was just like Animal behavior not giving a dam about anything.
The song Index was singing did seem to help tho i wonder if it was a magic song since the spell Alister put up didn't have any effect on her singing.

Vento's reason for fighting was just sad she was purely acting out of hatred and didn't really thought about her brothers will.
I agree with Touma's that it was kind of stupid of her and i have to say that these kind of things is a bit to often used in Anime.

Ending this arc with Touma punching Vento and Accelerator blasting of Kihara into was kind of lame and i hope that guy at the ending suggests something good for next arc.
Mar 13, 2011 7:49 AM
Jan 2011
this was left out

"The woman's hostility towards science is a mere misunderstanding. Even she herself knows that is true. If the [God's Right Seat] had been here, she wouldn't have surpassed her emotions no matter how much time passed!"
"Vento's darkness is easily negated."
Acqua uninterestedly replies.
"We, the [God's Right Seat], don't sympathetically hold out our hands towards a mere unhappy girl. We exist to change the world. And now Vento has decided to use even that power for her own reasons. Do you know how much in kind she has paid up to now? As if you can imagine how much in kind for that power."
Now that he mentions it, Vento's reasons for her actions didn't include the results as an organization. Conversely thinking, to be in that organization means she has to continue making those advantages on her own.
Kamijou considers about those just for a bit.
Even as he thinks about it, there's no way he can simply understand her feelings.
"...So, what now?"

Mar 13, 2011 8:26 AM

May 2009
^TheRetroSpectrum: Q1 - Index somehow finds Accelerator, then decides that a song will solve everything? Wtf? This needs some explaining.

A1 - Here's an answer according to the novel;

In other words, Indexs' song works like an anti-virus program that can alter and rearrange Last Order's brain, hence, removing the virus from her brain.

Comment#1 - I don't think Accelerator is an angel. Sorry, not working for me. Though I do think that Accelerator might do something like, cutting off his ability to speak, in order to use that portion of his brain for vector calculations. If you look at it that way, it makes sense. Also, I suppose it's possible that Index's song could have influenced him.

Response#1 - Accel's will to save Last Order made him ' Awaken ' not by Indexs' Aria Song or anything else, though that power is still at a berserk state and at an early phase.

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Mar 13, 2011 9:20 AM

Sep 2010
This episode went so fast, as if it was the half of an episode. But I was also a bit dissapointed, although I don't know exactly why. But I think because there didn't happen much actually, the only thing happened was that Vento and Kihara were defeated.
And also Accelerator became a human eating zombie.
Mar 13, 2011 11:20 AM

Sep 2007
The dialogue in this show is so... bad. Touma is as facepalmy as ever. "I'LL SAVE YOU BUT LET ME BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU FIRST AND THEN I'LL SEND YOU TO A HOSPITAL AND THEN WE'LL TALK LATER LOLKTHX" It's like he constantly thinks his little words is going to change someone's mind. And honestly, the way his dialogue is portrayed in the anime, it's always about what he wants. "herp derp mah name is Acqua and I'm here to take Vento away" "WTF GIVE HER BACK YOU RELIGIOUS TRASH YOU'RE RUINING MY PLAN". It doesn't even matter if Vento was fighting for personal reasons when she's not suppose to, but her backstory is just completely weak and cliched as shit. A completely wasted character right there.

The whole part with Kihara and Accelerator is just... ridiculous. Dude is busy beating up Accelerator while Index is just standing there talking on the phone. Wtf at Kihara throwing a fucking grenade in an office room? Same shit happened last episode when Accelerator pulled three fucking pins off the grenades. Kihara should've just thrown his bitch ass out the window or something.
WasabiMar 13, 2011 11:25 AM
Mar 13, 2011 11:53 AM

May 2009
Wasabi said:
Touma is as facepalmy as ever. "I'LL SAVE YOU BUT LET ME BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU FIRST AND THEN I'LL SEND YOU TO A HOSPITAL AND THEN WE'LL TALK LATER LOLKTHX"

Wasabi said:
"herp derp mah name is Acqua and I'm here to take Vento away" "WTF GIVE HER BACK YOU RELIGIOUS TRASH YOU'RE RUINING MY PLAN"

Ahahahaha, you made my day man, lol xD

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Mar 13, 2011 12:55 PM

Aug 2008
Oh yay Accelerator got a new power. He looked pretty beat up. :(
Mar 13, 2011 8:13 PM
Jan 2011
im hoping they explain stuff next ep since its still v13

Mar 13, 2011 11:42 PM
Feb 2011
I'LL SEND YOU TO HOSPITAL!
Mar 14, 2011 12:34 AM

Dec 2010
IndexFanboy214 said:
im hoping they explain stuff next ep since its still v13

Hopefully they do. But most of the answered in the Novels. which means i have to find time to read them...
Mar 14, 2011 3:38 AM

Aug 2010
what I wanna know is that awesome black wing of accelerator's =O that looked cool (even though accel became like a zombie rofl .___.; kind of freaky actually)
THIRD SEASON ANYONE =O?
Mar 14, 2011 3:39 AM

Sep 2008
So is Accelerator using his AIM field with the same method as is Index using spell interceptor? (According to that bunch of random letters it looks pretty the same)
entauri.deviantart.com

Mar 14, 2011 3:47 AM

Sep 2008
So is Accelerator using his AIM field with the same method as is Index using spell interceptor? (According to that bunch of random letters it looks pretty the same)
entauri.deviantart.com

Mar 14, 2011 5:43 AM
Jan 2011
entauri said:
ummm you'll see next ep how he got it. But those letters. Thats angel dialect

Mar 14, 2011 5:44 AM
Jan 2011
entauri said:
ummm you'll see next ep how he got it. But those letters. Thats angel dialect

Mar 14, 2011 9:04 AM

Jul 2009
Vento probably looks hot under that hat
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 14, 2011 11:59 AM

Nov 2010
Wow Accelerator just went berserk at the very end and Vento seems to have a very sad past indeed, but Touma is sort of lost on finding a way to free Hyouka from the Angel form..
Mar 14, 2011 1:13 PM

May 2009
wheresthehandle said:
Vento probably looks hot under that hat

She certainly is, and also without the piercings;

Mar 14, 2011 1:46 PM

Mar 2011
it was definitely rushed and i had to re-watch and do some mental digestion before really understanding the deal. but damn, those imperfections still could not stop me from giving it a 5/5. the idea of a transcending esper is just too good.
Mar 14, 2011 9:09 PM

Apr 2008
^^ Wasted on bad make up
Mar 15, 2011 10:04 AM

Sep 2008
A lot of fun moments. A lot of deeply flawed moments. I did like how they did brain-dead accel. Wasn't how I pictured it, and I liked it. They finally did a moment of internal monologue. Mind you, it was an insignificant bit of thought that had no real plot relevance beyond adding impact to the moment, but it was still cool that they threw it in there. Action scenes were well animated, though lack of explanations and constant jumping from one scene to another made it hard to follow or really get excited about. The end of the vento fight was kind of messed up. Removed some cool dialogue in favor of needlessly facepunching someone who was already fallen, thus removing the entire "You've already defeated yourself" motif. Despite this it was still fun to watch, and they did a better job of establishing the danger of the moment than they do in most of their fight scenes. Accel battle was hurt by the lack of narration, but still managed to be gripping and exciting, as well as to convey both Accel's relentlessness, and the completely one sided nature of the fight. I still don't like Index's singing. It shouldn't be a choir, it should just be Index's voice. We've heard her. She doesn't sound like that. This is just personal preference though.

Overall it was a remarkably fun episode despite being riddled with terrible terrible flaws. Not anything close to what it could have been, and in many ways a pale shadow of the novel, but it still manages to be enjoyable on its' own merits and actually made some notable improvements over previous episodes/arcs. I think I can put this in the "Job well done" category.

Also, if I may add a final note: LOOKS LIKE TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAIN!!
Mar 17, 2011 5:20 AM

Mar 2011
I must be the only one who loves this serie BECAUSE of all the talking during the fights. I've seen too many shonen where everything is decided by "I HAVE THE BIGGEST GUN" and completely forgetting the psychological side of a real fight.
If it was only a Naruto with more complicated things everywhere, I'm quite sure I would already have dropped it.

Anyway, awesome episode. I wanted more last order back in season one, now I'm happy.
Mar 17, 2011 6:21 PM

Jan 2010
Is it me, or everytime Accelerator said "Kihara-kun!" it reminded me of Shizuo "Izaya-kun!" line from Durarara!!?

Good episode either way
Mar 18, 2011 2:53 PM

Sep 2008
willardhwright said:
I must be the only one who loves this serie BECAUSE of all the talking during the fights. I've seen too many shonen where everything is decided by "I HAVE THE BIGGEST GUN" and completely forgetting the psychological side of a real fight.
If it was only a Naruto with more complicated things everywhere, I'm quite sure I would already have dropped it.

Anyway, awesome episode. I wanted more last order back in season one, now I'm happy.

I'll agree with you there. Talking during fights is better than silent fights. I think stopping the fight to talk is the problem. As much as this is a step up from fighting in silence, it's not by much, as the actual fighting is still mostly silent and merely stops periodilcally while the characters explain their backstories and stances on said backstories.

Princess Bride has a good example. 3 minute fight. About a minute and a half of dialogue. Only a couple sentences took place at moments of inaction and they were at appropriate moments. One was because Indigo had stopped momentarily because of how impressed and puzzled he was. The other was because The Dread Pirate Robert had already won.

Gurren Lagann also does a good job at this. The example listed is five and a half minutes long. At no point do they stop talking. With the exception of introductory trash talk which can be ruled as buildup and one moment of exposition before the fight starts, a couple comments after the fight ends, the moment where Viral's sizing Kamina up after the surprise attack, and booting up the robots (all of which is just a very short moment as opposed to an extended monologue), at no point do they stop moving. These area all appropriate times for inaction, and would have been spent on inaction regardless of dialogue. Exception being introductory trash talk which is something that people actually do and which serves to build up the moment, so it may still be considered an appropriate moment for inaction.

I'm all for talking during fights. That's not what this show does. They fight. Then they talk. Then they resume fighting. Then they stop again. Then a short sentence during a single punch.

It's better than silent fighting, but it's still a hell of a stretch from ideal. The fighting has to happen, and the talking has to happen, but the psychology of the fight you're talking about pretty much goes right out the window once we make them completely separate processes.

Don't get me wrong. I love the fights. I generally love the speeches. I do have complaints about the execution of both though.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2010

251 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 29, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

236 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

138 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.