MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 9 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Shingeki no Kyojin »» Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 9 Discussion

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
View Poll Results: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 9 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

52 91.23%
4 out of 5: Liked it

3 5.26%
3 out of 5: It was OK

1 1.75%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 1.75%
Voters: 57

03-10-11, 9:19 PM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Titan control is just crazy. And this page made me lol:

03-11-11, 4:02 AM

Am quite liking it thus far. I appreciate the author efforts to explain the mechanism at the end of the chapters. It's one of the many story that I refuse to read the chinese scanlations even though there are 18 chapters translated at this moment.

03-11-11, 6:23 AM

Who else expected that titan to be Eren himself?

I did, after seeing that page where his father injected something into his arm.

Also did anybody else noticed, that whenever his father would leave the city, that 50m titan would show up?

03-11-11, 7:36 AM

Yes, that might be the only funny moment in the whole manga)
I just get more and more happy reading this awesomeness.
Gantz_Waitingroom thank you so much.

03-12-11, 12:59 AM

Fairly obvious twist (MC dying early would hella funny, though), but a good one nontheless. I am interested in the consequences of this discovery, Eren should be in A LOT of trouble right now. Same goes for Misaka, who'll undoubtly stick with him.

03-12-11, 7:55 AM

Nidhoeggr said:
Fairly obvious twist (MC dying early would hella funny, though), but a good one nontheless. I am interested in the consequences of this discovery, Eren should be in A LOT of trouble right now. Same goes for Misaka, who'll undoubtly stick with him.

You ain't blunt - I'll say that much!

You guys should just read v3 in Japanese. v2 was near enough totally understandable by going on the images alone, and v3 only has one part that's heavy on the dialogue. I didn't regret blazing up to ch18, and I don't think anyone else would, either. Shingeki is simply too damn good to be waiting months for the outdated English releases.

Out of the first three volumes, v2 is definitely the best so far. There was Mikasa's back-story, the despair of everyone as the giants' superiority became increasingly apparent, and my new all-time favourite shounen power-up/revival. But v3 probably still has the the single most epic moment to date as Eren wakes up to find himself in the worst possible situation.

03-13-11, 12:36 AM

Volume 2 was absolutely delightful!

This is really shaping up nicely and I'm really starting to see why this manga is so big in Japan right now.

03-15-11, 11:23 AM

I kinda knew it was him the moment he had his arms lifted up ready to fight like any regular humans fighters. Finished 9 chapters in one shot, can't say I'm not hooked by this one at all. It's, AWESOME.

04-04-11, 9:21 AM

I knew that that berserk titan was Eren, pretty obvious. I've only read the first two volumes of this and I'm hooked. Awesome series is awesome.
Hattori_Hanzo said:

lol is it just me or is that titan in the corner chewing on a wall?
I hate you all.

04-05-11, 9:01 PM

SomeIdiot said:
I knew that that berserk titan was Eren, pretty obvious. I've only read the first two volumes of this and I'm hooked. Awesome series is awesome.
Hattori_Hanzo said:

lol is it just me or is that titan in the corner chewing on a wall?

Chewing? He's clearly embracing...
Can't wait until volume 3 is translated :3 Brilliant manga, and I can't say I don't like Mikasa. She's badass :<

04-11-11, 6:50 AM

I actually thought Eren had taken control of the titan that had eaten him, from the inside. Somewhat mistaken, but still very good chapter.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

04-13-11, 11:56 PM

Anybody have any idea as to when the next volume will be out?! Dx

that is of coarse if anybody is still paying attention to this forum. the year is now 2011.

04-14-11, 9:48 PM

BarzillaiBlue said:
Anybody have any idea as to when the next volume will be out?! Dx

that is of coarse if anybody is still paying attention to this forum. the year is now 2011.
You mean when the next one will be translated? No idea. If you're talking about the next volume to be realsed in japan, I think volume 4 came out recently.
I hate you all.

04-15-11, 2:22 AM

- Loving the artstyle and the little things in it - like Titan movements feeling so inhuman and alien(the way they move irregardless of the usual bone structure humanoids should have)
- Is it me or is there some shady things about the walls? There's no way anyone would be able to build them in case of threat as big as this. It usually takes about a year or more to build a skyscrapper and we are talking about ENTIRE mega city being surrounded by 50 feet tall walls. All the while the giants were attacking humans, apparantly.
- Then we have "Smart Titan-Giant" Erin has faced, Erin's seemingly unique powers, his Father being more than he has been shown and the fact that no one knows from where did the titans come.

10/10

04-15-11, 7:39 AM

Fai said:
- Loving the artstyle and the little things in it - like Titan movements feeling so inhuman and alien(the way they move irregardless of the usual bone structure humanoids should have)
- Is it me or is there some shady things about the walls? There's no way anyone would be able to build them in case of threat as big as this. It usually takes about a year or more to build a skyscrapper and we are talking about ENTIRE mega city being surrounded by 50 feet tall walls. All the while the giants were attacking humans, apparantly.
- Then we have "Smart Titan-Giant" Erin has faced, Erin's seemingly unique powers, his Father being more than he has been shown and the fact that no one knows from where did the titans come.

10/10
This is why I love this series. Only volumes in and there's already stuff like this. When the hell is volume 3 gonna be translated.
I hate you all.

04-18-11, 12:49 AM

i got the raws attempted, to translate them and failed miserably. i only got as far as the title and it still makes no sense.

is there anyone that knows someone or who can translate well or ok? who knows this could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship. :D

06-04-11, 6:41 PM

Hattori_Hanzo said:

This.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~

06-07-11, 3:24 PM

ChaosLegion said:
Hattori_Hanzo said:

This.

Same. XD

And yup, it was pretty obvious to me too that that Titan was Eren from the first moment he appeared and started attacking the other titans (his father injecting him, plus...the main char dying that fast?...)
Anyway I'm liking it a lot so far, the art is quite sketchy but it's can be pretty awesome sometimes, I think (my art knowledge = zero)
:D :D :D >>> *amazed*

09-11-11, 1:31 AM

Would have been interesting if he just stayed dead but this is cool too, I guess.

01-08-12, 2:14 PM

Yesh! He's back! And with a vengeance xP
Wasn't expecting him to be back all together though. Thought he had just merged with it somehow and was stuck being a titan. Will be very interesting to see how they explain this one xD
~Believe in you! Not in the you who believes in me. Not in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you... that believes in you!~

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices