Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 9 Discussion


#1
Mar 10, 2011 9:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 508
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Titan control is just crazy. And this page made me lol:

 
#2
Mar 11, 2011 4:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2766
Am quite liking it thus far. I appreciate the author efforts to explain the mechanism at the end of the chapters. It's one of the many story that I refuse to read the chinese scanlations even though there are 18 chapters translated at this moment.
 
#3
Mar 11, 2011 6:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1769
Who else expected that titan to be Eren himself?

I did, after seeing that page where his father injected something into his arm.

Also did anybody else noticed, that whenever his father would leave the city, that 50m titan would show up?
 
#4
Mar 11, 2011 7:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 114
Yes, that might be the only funny moment in the whole manga)
I just get more and more happy reading this awesomeness.
Gantz_Waitingroom thank you so much.
 
#5
Mar 12, 2011 12:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5044
Fairly obvious twist (MC dying early would hella funny, though), but a good one nontheless. I am interested in the consequences of this discovery, Eren should be in A LOT of trouble right now. Same goes for Misaka, who'll undoubtly stick with him.
 
#6
Mar 12, 2011 7:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2072
Nidhoeggr said:
Fairly obvious twist (MC dying early would hella funny, though), but a good one nontheless. I am interested in the consequences of this discovery, Eren should be in A LOT of trouble right now. Same goes for Misaka, who'll undoubtly stick with him.


You ain't blunt - I'll say that much!

You guys should just read v3 in Japanese. v2 was near enough totally understandable by going on the images alone, and v3 only has one part that's heavy on the dialogue. I didn't regret blazing up to ch18, and I don't think anyone else would, either. Shingeki is simply too damn good to be waiting months for the outdated English releases.

Out of the first three volumes, v2 is definitely the best so far. There was Mikasa's back-story, the despair of everyone as the giants' superiority became increasingly apparent, and my new all-time favourite shounen power-up/revival. But v3 probably still has the the single most epic moment to date as Eren wakes up to find himself in the worst possible situation.
 
#7
Mar 13, 2011 12:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 40
Volume 2 was absolutely delightful!

This is really shaping up nicely and I'm really starting to see why this manga is so big in Japan right now.
 
#8
Apr 4, 2011 9:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 285
I knew that that berserk titan was Eren, pretty obvious. I've only read the first two volumes of this and I'm hooked. Awesome series is awesome.
Hattori_Hanzo said:
Titan control is just crazy. And this page made me lol:

lol is it just me or is that titan in the corner chewing on a wall?
I hate you all.
 
#9
Apr 5, 2011 9:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 706
SomeIdiot said:
I knew that that berserk titan was Eren, pretty obvious. I've only read the first two volumes of this and I'm hooked. Awesome series is awesome.
Hattori_Hanzo said:
Titan control is just crazy. And this page made me lol:

lol is it just me or is that titan in the corner chewing on a wall?


Chewing? He's clearly embracing...
Can't wait until volume 3 is translated :3 Brilliant manga, and I can't say I don't like Mikasa. She's badass :<
 
Apr 11, 2011 6:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2462
I actually thought Eren had taken control of the titan that had eaten him, from the inside. Somewhat mistaken, but still very good chapter.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

 
Apr 13, 2011 11:56 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2
Anybody have any idea as to when the next volume will be out?! Dx

that is of coarse if anybody is still paying attention to this forum. the year is now 2011.
 
Apr 14, 2011 9:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 285
BarzillaiBlue said:
Anybody have any idea as to when the next volume will be out?! Dx

that is of coarse if anybody is still paying attention to this forum. the year is now 2011.
You mean when the next one will be translated? No idea. If you're talking about the next volume to be realsed in japan, I think volume 4 came out recently.
I hate you all.
 
Apr 15, 2011 2:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 20730
- Loving the artstyle and the little things in it - like Titan movements feeling so inhuman and alien(the way they move irregardless of the usual bone structure humanoids should have)
- Is it me or is there some shady things about the walls? There's no way anyone would be able to build them in case of threat as big as this. It usually takes about a year or more to build a skyscrapper and we are talking about ENTIRE mega city being surrounded by 50 feet tall walls. All the while the giants were attacking humans, apparantly.
- Then we have "Smart Titan-Giant" Erin has faced, Erin's seemingly unique powers, his Father being more than he has been shown and the fact that no one knows from where did the titans come.

10/10
 
Apr 15, 2011 7:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 285
Fai said:
- Loving the artstyle and the little things in it - like Titan movements feeling so inhuman and alien(the way they move irregardless of the usual bone structure humanoids should have)
- Is it me or is there some shady things about the walls? There's no way anyone would be able to build them in case of threat as big as this. It usually takes about a year or more to build a skyscrapper and we are talking about ENTIRE mega city being surrounded by 50 feet tall walls. All the while the giants were attacking humans, apparantly.
- Then we have "Smart Titan-Giant" Erin has faced, Erin's seemingly unique powers, his Father being more than he has been shown and the fact that no one knows from where did the titans come.

10/10
This is why I love this series. Only volumes in and there's already stuff like this. When the hell is volume 3 gonna be translated.
I hate you all.
 
Apr 18, 2011 12:49 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2
i got the raws attempted, to translate them and failed miserably. i only got as far as the title and it still makes no sense.

is there anyone that knows someone or who can translate well or ok? who knows this could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship. :D
 
Jun 4, 2011 6:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 886
Hattori_Hanzo said:
Titan control is just crazy. And this page made me lol:


This.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
 
Jun 7, 2011 3:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 168
ChaosLegion said:
Hattori_Hanzo said:
Titan control is just crazy. And this page made me lol:


This.


Same. XD

And yup, it was pretty obvious to me too that that Titan was Eren from the first moment he appeared and started attacking the other titans (his father injecting him, plus...the main char dying that fast?...)
Anyway I'm liking it a lot so far, the art is quite sketchy but it's can be pretty awesome sometimes, I think (my art knowledge = zero)
:D :D :D >>> *amazed*



 
Sep 11, 2011 1:31 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 603
Would have been interesting if he just stayed dead but this is cool too, I guess.
 
Jan 8, 2012 2:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 103
Yesh! He's back! And with a vengeance xP
Wasn't expecting him to be back all together though. Thought he had just merged with it somehow and was stuck being a titan. Will be very interesting to see how they explain this one xD
~Believe in you! Not in the you who believes in me. Not in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you... that believes in you!~
 
May 23, 2012 5:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 872
KotosKahn said:
Yesh! He's back! And with a vengeance xP
Wasn't expecting him to be back all together though. Thought he had just merged with it somehow and was stuck being a titan. Will be very interesting to see how they explain this one xD


Same thought. =)
 
Sep 29, 2012 6:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 962
I knew that! Eren was our Titan friend! :)
 
Feb 15, 2013 11:48 PM
News Team
Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 76106
I got a WTF moment @ the end of this chapter. Oh this manga.
 
Feb 15, 2013 11:57 PM
Forum Moderator
Online
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 7812
Stark700 said:
I got a WTF moment @ the end of this chapter. Oh this manga.


THIS MANGA.

Overall the volume was really good. Can't wait to read the next volume.
 
Apr 6, 2013 8:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3864
Eren thing was obvious. Now the question is, HOW did that happen, and I look forward to finding that out. This chapter reminded me a bit of that scene from Dawn of the Dead where they were cleaning the Mall. Heck, the whole manga seems like a zombie flick, just with Titans instead of zombies haha.
 
Apr 7, 2013 6:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2812
I don't know what's going on now? Did Eren's dad did something to his son, or can the Titan be control somehow.
 
Apr 7, 2013 9:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 7956
Eren is back. Back with a blazing vengeance. His arm and leg has healed. What's more, he was "piloting" that titan like a meat mecha. Looks like humanity has just found its ultimate anti-titan weapon. Now I'm sure everyone else has questions for him...
 
May 6, 2013 11:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 222
As obvious as it was to me, I was pretty much mind blown to see Eren inside of that Titan, completely unreal.
"I hate nice girls. If they so much as say hello, it stays on my mind. If they return my texts, my heart races. The day one calls me, I know I'll look at my call history and grin. But I know that's just them being nice. People who are nice to me are also nice to everyone else. I almost end up forgetting that...
Someone who's worked hard at being alone doesn't fall for the same trick twice. I'm a veteran at this, I'm the best there is when it comes to losing. That's why I'll always .. Hate nice girls."
- Hikki-Kun
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru.
 
May 12, 2013 4:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 387
anyone else think that the titan at the bottom of the panel looks like erens dad?

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/shingeki_no_kyojin/c009/26.html
 
Oct 26, 2014 4:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 57
If you ever see me frowning at every single page of a manga/book as I'm reading, it means I'm really damn impressed and totally into it. This hasn't let up once since chapter 2.

This deserves a 100/10.
 
Jun 5, 2015 7:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 369
That last scene with Mikasa and Armin crying their eyes out. Gold.
 
Sep 6, 2015 6:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 2586
YEah, just as everyone expected, Eren is the titan. Obviously, the manga's not gonna kill the MC off like that.

5/5
 
Oct 20, 2015 6:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 167
I'm really curious to read how Ehren became a Titan. That was awesome.