Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 11, 2011 9:14 PM

Apr 2010
This episode was all right I guess.

Ichika, you still disappoint me with your stupidity and your inability to be a proper man.

I guess this is building up to that fight we saw right at the start of this anime. A Very long build up if you ask me.

And also... it's like the whole world is made up of women and he's the only male... =_=' in that case... he should just bang everyone and be done with it. Yes, even his sister O_O

Also... each of those girls don't really act like they should considering what country they're from.

Knowing German females, that grey haired girl acts quite different.
That British girl acts too girly... when British girls are quite aggressive.
Chinese one actually seems fine... most Chinese girls are bitches, and so is she.
French girl seems like she's kind of apathetic... but really French people are the most arrogant people in the world.
And to add to that... Tabane acts quite stupid considering she is a "genius".

That massage bit was fucking obvious... but not being able to see it and just hearing the noises makes it all the more humourous.

So far though this anime has just been an average 6/7 out of 10. But this is actually one of the better ones this season.
Mar 11, 2011 10:09 PM

Nov 2007
Houki's IS is too over powered, not only is it fastest IS, but it has long range and short range attackes, and to top it all off it has an evolved form of Ichika's best weapon.

I thought only the protagonist was supposed to get plot armor.
Mar 12, 2011 1:21 AM

Jan 2011

So many Cecilia scene this episode
Anime Fan Mainly, Sharing Anime Image at my Blogger
Tatenashi Anime Blogger
Mar 12, 2011 3:53 AM

Sep 2010
I am positive the white knight is ichika's sister or houki's sister
Mar 12, 2011 4:55 AM

Sep 2010
this episode was more hilarious than serious to me, that sister is just messed up weird ;P.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2011 5:13 AM

Feb 2009
All I can say is, if this show has a Charmander end, I'll give it 10/10.
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Mar 12, 2011 5:28 AM

Sep 2010
i dont see why everybody is saying 'more charlotte' last 3-4 episodes it was like 80% charlotte.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2011 8:54 AM

Nov 2008
Don`t know what to say, the episode was meant to be serious but with the harem, fanservice and Houki`s sister (lol), it wasn`t. Well, next episode the battle vs the berserk IS. I hope that it is a good battle at least.
Mar 12, 2011 2:10 PM

Aug 2009
Houki might got the latest generation IS but she is a mediocre pilot so overall she isn't as great as she is suppose to be. Her IS reminds me of Athrun's gundam in SEED.
Mar 12, 2011 2:18 PM

Jul 2010
helur said:
Beserk rampaging IS seems like something that should have happened at the start of the show in my opinion.
But wait, it did! Then something went terribly wrong, and now here we all are.
Mar 12, 2011 2:27 PM

Dec 2010
Tabane was the only thing that made this episode good she was supper funny
- Marissa Chan!
Mar 12, 2011 3:03 PM

Jul 2009
Pretty good episode. First part was funny, especiall with Chifuyu, lol she's hilarious XD
So Houki get's her personal machine! ;O It looks pretty cool too
Another unmanned IS ... and they have to go stop it, next episode :P
Whatever happened to Houki's birthday? XD
Tabane was pretty funny as well lol :P
Mar 12, 2011 4:02 PM

Aug 2010
Nice episode! Now Houki finally have her own personal IS and looks like she is very strong. And her sister Tabane is so childish but I like her ^^
About the White Knight I think that was Chifuyu-nee who piloted that IS.
Want to see her in action so badly
Mar 12, 2011 8:43 PM

Oct 2010
freshy1993 said:
About the White Knight I think that was Chifuyu-nee who piloted that IS.
I think so too from the way Tabane was going around but at first I got trolled into thinking it was Tabane testing it out herself. Perhaps that's why Tabane loves Chifuyu so much because if it was not for her Tabane may have been dead due to the missiles, who knows if they are not targeted all at Tabane herself.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 12, 2011 9:13 PM

Nov 2010
Epic battle coming...Houki's sister Tabane may be very childish but she's the one that invented the IS and from there the world followed, pretty amazing. Really want to see what this rogue unmanned IS is capable of doing.
Mar 13, 2011 3:53 AM

Nov 2010
DenjaX said:
It's funny how people are still complaining of this anime and are still watching xDD

I think most of the people who are complaining are the ones trying the hardest to dutifully finish watching this show. Their venting on the forums is a form of catharsis to make the episodes easier to digest.

Of course, they could be trolls, but I try to see the good in humanity, (because I have to squint really damn hard.)

Back on topic:
What?!? An IS unit that went berserk?!? TAI-HEN!! Is this similar to the incident where that mysterious unmanned black IS unit attacked the academy during an exhibition match?? Huh? You don't know? Okay...

What about that time when that one-eyed chick's IS unit went all bat-crazy before being defeated by a dude with a sword??? No? Not like that?

So you mean....that all three of those incidents are unrelated....that this is another sporadic story device spawning out of no where? Yes???

OTL
Mar 13, 2011 8:17 AM

Apr 2010
This Anime is contradicting itself last week Houki made a phone call with her sister who was missing despite the fact that every country in the world was looking for her.
And know they state that a month after Tabane's announcement of the IS program a IS appeared and saved Japan suggesting there more organizations who posses the technology to make IS.
While at the beginning of this Anime it was stated that only Tabane knew that way to make a IS core and that there was only a certain number of cores.
then there is also the mysterious organization that attacked them during the tournaments.

Chifuyu seems to like teasing her students even going as far as to look at Cecilia's underwear.
Her speech was interesting and it's nice to see that unlike her little brother she does know the girls feelings for her little brother.
Tho from her response she does want them to go all out for her little brother before she can accept one of them.

Tabane is pretty interesting and her personality is very funny and a bit careless from the looks of.
Her friendship with Chifuyu also seems to be a funny one, tho Chifuyu does seem a bit crude to her.
Mar 13, 2011 11:22 AM

May 2010
The first half = harem entertainment achieved

Yeah Tabane is adorable when she talks less but if it's too much, it's seriously annoying :/

I enjoyed her scenes though. =p

I hope we got to see a good action next ep.
Mar 13, 2011 12:25 PM
Jan 2011
Ok, so it seem that I'm sooo wrong about my review, it turns out that some 3rd parties who were developing there own IS, however they didn't seem to get it right co'z their works turn out to be a disaster, and now we know as what Houki's IS is capable of. Well, I guess there is no need to know how things will turn out.
Mar 13, 2011 3:05 PM
Jan 2010
I wanted to see more of Laura just to see if she really did do a full 180 and Rin again had barely any screentime. the look on Chifuyu and Houki's faces was priceless when Tabane appeared

Byakushiki = TNT
AkaTsubaki = Nuke
There is just no competition between those 2 IS and if Houki had the skills of Charlotte or Laura she would destroy all.
Mar 13, 2011 4:32 PM

Feb 2011
Tabane wasn't what I was expecting but she's not bad at all in my book. This was definitely a setup episode though.
Mar 14, 2011 12:51 AM

May 2008
"because its uncomfortable to sit there, how about i feed you?"

ok, I think excuses to throw harem scenes in are getting way too rediculous...
Mar 14, 2011 3:04 PM

Jul 2010
Tabane is way too happy-go-lucky to be a genius and the IS inventor.
Looks like we finally get some plot outside of the school though. Houki finally get's her own IS, which looks pretty sweet and is one of the newest 4th generation models.

Chifuyu making fun of the girls was pretty funny. I think she was the so called "White Knight" they were talking about as well.

Next episode is going to be the fight we've seen in episode one? Hopefully Ichika won't screw it up.

Mar 16, 2011 7:11 PM

Jan 2011
Hey IS fans out there, just a heads up but this season covers up to the end of the 3rd light novel, the titles of the episodes almost exactly match those of the chapters in the novels. The 7th novel is due out April 8th, and seeing how (disgustingly) popular this series is inside and outside of Japan, a second season definitely isn't out of the question.
Specifically about this episode, Ichika reaches even higher levels of density; shattering what was thought scientifically possible. Not that this is a bad thing.
Mar 17, 2011 12:23 AM

Jul 2010
Aversa said:
This Anime is contradicting itself last week Houki made a phone call with her sister who was missing despite the fact that every country in the world was looking for her.
And know they state that a month after Tabane's announcement of the IS program a IS appeared and saved Japan suggesting there more organizations who posses the technology to make IS.
While at the beginning of this Anime it was stated that only Tabane knew that way to make a IS core and that there was only a certain number of cores.
then there is also the mysterious organization that attacked them during the tournaments.

Chifuyu seems to like teasing her students even going as far as to look at Cecilia's underwear.
Her speech was interesting and it's nice to see that unlike her little brother she does know the girls feelings for her little brother.
Tho from her response she does want them to go all out for her little brother before she can accept one of them.

Tabane is pretty interesting and her personality is very funny and a bit careless from the looks of.
Her friendship with Chifuyu also seems to be a funny one, tho Chifuyu does seem a bit crude to her.

It's not contradicting itself. Tabane is missing to the outside world, but not to her family. Only Houki and Chifuyu can directly contact her. As for the rogue IS, it's been hugely implied in the novels that Tabane was the one who made them, to test her newly made IS. It is also guessed that Tabane sabotaged the Silverior Gospel so that Houki can debut in the Akatsubaki.

Mar 17, 2011 12:23 AM

Jul 2010
Aversa said:

It's not contradicting itself. Tabane is missing to the outside world, but not to her family. Only Houki and Chifuyu can directly contact her. As for the rogue IS, it's been hugely implied in the novels that Tabane was the one who made them, to test her newly made IS. It is also guessed that Tabane sabotaged the Silverior Gospel so that Houki can debut in the Akatsubaki.

Mar 17, 2011 5:04 PM
Feb 2011
I'm back and looks like people are still loving this GARBAGE. I hope it gets cancelled. I will not stop saying that this SHOW IS SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT!!! Infinite Suckness!!! Screw THE FRANCHISE. THE WORST HAREM I HAVE EVER SEEN.
Mar 18, 2011 11:14 AM

Nov 2008
Sebastian33 said:
I'm back and looks like people are still loving this GARBAGE. I hope it gets cancelled. I will not stop saying that this SHOW IS SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT!!! Infinite Suckness!!! Screw THE FRANCHISE. THE WORST HAREM I HAVE EVER SEEN.

and enter a troll ^
Mar 18, 2011 4:13 PM

May 2008
Sebastian33 said:

I notice that you have in fact, according to your anime list, seen a whopping 1 harem. I see that in comparing IS to IS, and both of those to IS, you have concluded that IS is actually the worst out of all of these. Well done good sir.
Mar 18, 2011 10:32 PM

Jun 2008
It's official IS = SW (Strike Witches)

10 episodes of randomness (including many girls from many different countries)
2 episodes of "PLOT".........exactly what the two seasons of Strike Witches did.

The only difference is that in Strike Witches we don't have a retarded male protagonist.

Either way, I don't hate this show, I love the girls and there have been a few episodes that were "good".

Other than that.....pretty big disappointment, there's a lot of WASTED material.
Mar 19, 2011 6:56 AM

Jul 2010
I seriously do not why people hate Ichika that much. He just does not have much libido, you can't say that he is retarded. Compared to many other harem heroes: Yuki Rito from To Love Ru, Muneakira from Samurai Girls,Natsuru from Kampfer--Ichika is a real man.Quite contrary to what some trolls have stated, he is not some pussy. He is fairly willing to fight. You may say that IS is random, but that's because we are merely visiting the first three novels. If I recall correctly Toaru no Index was fairly random too in it's first season, with not much connection.Starting from light novel five, the series gets darker and edgier, with more fighting as well as fan service.

Mar 19, 2011 7:02 AM

Feb 2011
alright..
the plot getting good
looking forward to next ep
Mar 19, 2011 5:07 PM

Dec 2009
Where the hell is the next episode.?
My Nuts Jumble.
Mar 20, 2011 5:34 PM
Aug 2010
alexcampos said:
It's official IS = SW (Strike Witches)

10 episodes of randomness (including many girls from many different countries)
2 episodes of "PLOT".........exactly what the two seasons of Strike Witches did.

The only difference is that in Strike Witches we don't have a retarded male protagonist.

Either way, I don't hate this show, I love the girls and there have been a few episodes that were "good".

Other than that.....pretty big disappointment, there's a lot of WASTED material.

Strike Witches was a much more fun show, though, in large part because the characters were a lot more likeable. Sanya, Yoshika, and Mio Sakamoto were all much more entertaining characters than, well, anyone in IS.
Apr 11, 2011 11:25 PM

Aug 2010
ImNotPro said:
alright..
the plot getting good
looking forward to next ep

don't you mean....PLOT?
May 1, 2011 10:54 PM

Nov 2009
lmao it felt so rushed.
May 10, 2011 1:11 PM
Jun 2010
ok this is getting really reallyu boring

no hope of a kiss scene between charls and ichka
Jun 5, 2011 3:27 AM

Aug 2010
Tabane is like a god or something, isn't she? Summoning things out of nothing. Weird girl. Like the way she's actually a genius underneath that Genki Girl-personality of hers.
Jul 11, 2011 4:47 AM

Aug 2010
Oh Tabane.
Jul 17, 2011 5:16 AM

Oct 2009
Charlotte fucking where?
Aug 21, 2011 7:01 PM

Aug 2008
Even Cecilia gets more screentime than Lingyin. :/
Ah well I love the various emotions Chifuyu exhibited during this episode. She was irritated with Tabane and she looked cute drinking that soft drink/beer. I wish she would be less uptight more often. :)
Sep 6, 2011 1:56 AM

Dec 2007
It's amusing that Tabane can make what she calls a "fourth generation" IS when there aren't even any third generation ISs.
Sep 27, 2011 4:52 PM

Mar 2011
Mitsukai- said:
It's amusing that Tabane can make what she calls a "fourth generation" IS when there aren't even any third generation ISs.

Umm...Isn't Laura's IS third generation?

Tanabe ftw!
Nov 9, 2011 3:37 PM

Sep 2008
This is what my hot springs episode turned into?
I am disappoint.
Dec 9, 2011 10:08 AM

Nov 2011
I don't get why Ichika is the only one who can deal the final blow, isn't the 4th generation IS stronger still? O-o

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Apr 27, 2012 12:42 AM
Apr 2012
Tabane is even worse than what she was like in the manga and novel!! GUH
May 27, 2012 5:19 AM

Jun 2011
Tabane is just pure awesome.

Okay, even though Charolette is my favorite, I'm a really big fan of "first girl wins", and it looks like Houki is going to.
May 30, 2012 10:48 PM

Mar 2011
Lol finally some kind of a plot
Feb 23, 2013 6:00 PM
Sep 2012
So is Tabane like a lesbian?
May 8, 2013 10:20 AM

Sep 2012
Tabane is so......... O.O
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Why do people defend Ichika Orimura so much?

Kuronomi-chan - Jan 21, 2023

11 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Feb 10, 5:45 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

164 by Kusanagi_Shouta »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:55 AM

» Ichika’s Denseness

FiddlePie - Aug 28, 2023

17 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

193 by Flaviomoe199 »»
Oct 10, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

avrc - Mar 31, 2011

292 by Nerleos »»
Apr 17, 2023 4:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.