Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 10, 2011 9:01 AM
Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
In this week's edition of Ichika and the Jelly Factory, more harem antics involving Cecilia and Charlotte, Ichika's famed massages, some exposition regarding the White Knight incident from several years ago, and, finally, the beginning of the Silver Gospel arc. Oh, and there's her.

( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/ \
Mar 10, 2011 2:17 PM

Jan 2009
*sigh*
There's been, what, 2 good episodes so far. (Both because they had Ran in them.)
This was not one of them. There's so much in this episode that I want to complain about, but when it comes down to it I guess I'll just say something like
"Oh god Houki's sister is so damn annoying. I hope she dies."
She's the kind of character that I despise the most. She's supposed to be smart (what with inventing the IS and whatnot), but damn I so hate airheads.

Tl;dr what a terrible episode.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 10, 2011 2:33 PM

Jan 2010
so is this the last arc for this series?
and the White Knight?.. could that possbly be Chifuyu?

Anyways, good episode.. a little peek at onsen then Ichika massage..
Mar 10, 2011 2:39 PM

Aug 2010
The Akatsubaki looks OP as hell! First fourth-generation. Kind of cliche the whole "only I can do it" type thing but enjoyable episode none the less. Only 2 episodes left. We'll see if this harem is solved or if its left open ended like all the other ones. -.-
Mar 10, 2011 2:43 PM
May 2009
Looks like there is finally some plot but it looks sorta meh
Mar 10, 2011 3:36 PM

Aug 2010
Woa, bunny ears, impressive!

Mar 10, 2011 3:47 PM

Jul 2010
Tabane, just lol. Even when the episode tried to be more serious, I couldn't with Tabane in the picture. lol Cute though I'll admit.
Mar 10, 2011 4:54 PM

Nov 2010
pretty good episode, although I was hoping to see the naughty underwear Cecilia was wearing :P haha

next episode should be good
Mar 10, 2011 4:55 PM

Jul 2010
Looking back on the first episode's battle, is that the White Knight or whatever IS we're about to encounter? *Sighs* This would have been a better OVA.

Pretty much the only thing good about this episode was the cat ears on Houki's IS (or at least things that look like cat ears). And what was going on in that room was so obviously a massage. Jeez. But yeah, this episode had a bunch of nothing, as usual. The last 5 minutes felt like they were just trying to come up with as much random nonsense on purpose since nothing "relevant" was left, not that the whole episode didn't feel that way already.
Mar 10, 2011 4:58 PM

Sep 2008
Sigh more fanservice
Mar 10, 2011 5:57 PM

Aug 2009
This episode was more setup than anything else.

-Tabane works the Genius Ditz moe like it's going out of style. For me it flip-flops between cute and obnoxious every couple of seconds she's on screen.
-Houki may have the latest generation IS but I remember seeing that it's more of a compensation for her relative lack of piloting experience. In essence she's the inverse of Charlotte when it comes to spec/skill.
-While I know some people will be "lololol incest" incest over Chifuyu's comments to the girls, I think it was more of a "I won't give my little brother to just anyone" sort of thing, like a protective, pseudo-parental instinct.

With only two episodes left, I figure the next one will be largely devoted to the battle. Assuming that the upcoming battle is the one that episode 1 opened with, I really hope they don't reuse the footage (transformation sequences are one thing, WHOLE FIGHT SEQUENCES are another).

As for the ending, I figure we'll just get wrap-up and a second season hook. This season has more or less covered novel volumes 1-3, so a continuation with volumes 4-6 seems pretty feasible. The 7th comes out in April, so it'd be kinda tough to try and keep going after that :/
Ha-cha!
Mar 10, 2011 6:07 PM

Dec 2008
Tabane's mere presence just makes me want to rampage. She's so fucking annoying. I just want to punch her repeatedly!!
Mar 10, 2011 6:51 PM

Oct 2009
Genius + Ditz = WTF Annoying
Gotta admit she's still cute until she starts talking
I lol when I saw the word Anal behind Chifuyus head in the briefing
BTW from what I know there are 2 Fourth Generation Machines
Aka Tsubaki and Byakushiki
Anime, Food and Sleep Who needs anything more!
Mar 10, 2011 8:06 PM

Nov 2008
Preview on next episode
'Will Orimura-Kun and his Harem be okay?
.....lol
Mar 10, 2011 8:14 PM

Jul 2010
Haha love it how Tabane annoys Chifuyu . it showed a other personality of her :P
And i'm sure Houki is going to rely to much on her machine and will screw up next episode.

Two more episodes tough , it should have went on more alike with the manga :(
Mar 10, 2011 8:20 PM

Sep 2009
Definitely didn't expect Tabane to be like that. o _o
Mar 10, 2011 8:32 PM

Jun 2010
Being the sister of the inventor of a famous machine used all over the world must be amazing. Getting a new-of-the-state machine, 4 Gen at that. AWESOME! But then again if your sister is like that, its kinda embarrassing, but I say it's awesome. I think no one expected her sister to be like that.

Tabane reminds me of a bunny (obviously) and Houki reminds me of a cat, just wanted to say.

Mar 10, 2011 8:54 PM

Feb 2009
So, no one noticed that Ichika's armband just keeps jumping around between his arms?
First it's in the left in one scene and then in the right at the next.

Ichika has some use around the house after all.
Will he do well in the battlefield too?
And I dunno what to think about Tabane. She can be annoying at times but mostly she's ok.
So we're down to the last two episodes. Let's get this over with.
Mar 10, 2011 8:56 PM
Jun 2009
need more Charlotte.
Mar 10, 2011 9:29 PM

Oct 2008
I should have watched this abysmal fanservice pandering before Madoka.
This weeks Madoka was just so awesome that it made this IS episode so blant and shallow.
Mar 10, 2011 9:41 PM

Mar 2010
Of course the white knight is Ichikas sister.. the foreshadowing has been 100% obvious in this entire series so far. Not to mention the opening of episode 1 gave away... a -lot-. I've yet to be really impressed by a single episode so far..
Mar 10, 2011 11:16 PM

Oct 2010
This episode was excellent in the introduction of Tabane, Houki's sister and Houki's IS blew me off my seat as being the strongest so far. The first part in the hot springs was comedic to say the least and a little ecchi but not much. Still Tabane earned herself a place in my Hall of Fame as a cheerful, funny and energetic character with vivid emotions and a nice getup for a dress. I repeated a lot the following of her,

the double V and the way she brings it about was just MOE. Way too much but still great.

About Houki and her IS. Oh man the IS of Houki is let me spell it out I-N-S-A-N-E! Why? Let's see, beautiful shape that makes it extremely quick in aerodynamic, dual sword deployment, blew me out that it can fire 4 red beams out of what I think might be a similar technique to Rin's IS in the spoiler
worst of all it was done by swinging Houki's swords and crescent shaped shock wave that slices the missiles as well as any IS that it goes through IMO. That's why and I know I am right because I though of other IS's powers and none match this one. As Houki becomes better at its maneuvering it may surpass Ichika's IS any time. Houki looked really cool in the spoiler
after performing her crescent attack clearly her swords still glowed nicely. Her summon bracelet for her IS is a little peculiar having a silver and gold kind of shaped bullet also noticed the bracelet has a similar pattern that Tabane has on her belt here. Houki's IS also has these weird energy charges in between the wings not sure why it flows there in fills them in. Regardless it makes her damn proud of having her IS finally and she earned thus first place in the ED although I think Cecilia should have it for getting a second massage by Ichika and getting invited into Ichika's room.

A few other remarks about Houki would be that she quite jealous in the beginning of Cecilia being fed by Ichika. She certainly did not like Tabane to play around with her bust as she makes her nose bleed in a kendo sword attack. That was hilarious.

About Tabane, best cheerful and great dress character in this entire series. At first I should have suspected that those 2 bunny ears were suspicious in acting as a beacon once pulled by Ichika to have a carrot land on the ground where Tabane's first appearance in the spoiler
made way for a very cute part. I did not know that those 2 ears can be used to track down Houki where is hiding. I laughed so hard as Tabane was sliding down the hill and jump at Chifuyu only to get hand stopped and face held by only Chifuyu's hand in the spoiler
I loved her cheerful jump to greed Houki and it was so MOE as well as her hand on her head imitating a bunny. She was quite excited to feel Houki's breasts to see how she grown and that excellent comedy while maintaining the MOE. Another perfect combination is Tabane complaining about Houki being mean and then putting her hands with a cheerful expression in the spoiler
Upon having Houki's new IS arrive, its capsule gave me some EVA vibes of a certain enemy. I also noticed even the cute forms as it emerged from the capsule here. I have suspicions that Tabane may have nano machines in her but not like Laura has and that may be because Tabane suddenly uses a holographic multi screen computer to program Houki's IS integration. While also she suddenly summons a missile battery out of thin air.

Tabane's V pose was just incredible cute but it does not beat the double V later on. I noticed as Maya praises with surprise Tabane she puts up a proud smile. Well I would not blame her on that one since she knows she is super popular. I don't know how she suddenly appears from the ceiling in the HQ planning room but she sure knows how to do somersaults Tabane's cuddling towards Chifuyu is adorable. Her pose and face cuddling towards Chifuyu in the spoiler
is a favorite of mines also. She does look so “I feel sorry for her” when Chifuyu hits her. She needs love not being mean to her! D: In the end Tabane melted my heart of MOE for her. Anyone else?

About Ichika, not much about him but there are some interesting parts of him. I totally not agree with his method of wasabi here because you are supposed to dip the wasabi in soy sauce then dip the sushi in it. I have eaten sushi in over 5 restaurants in Montreal and know better. What's interesting to notice in the following spoiler
is that Ichika did not want at first to be part of this whole thing but Chifuyu's words sure suddenly changed his mind about all this.
Rest in spoiler
About preview, looks like the battle with Silver will be full on and heck yeah to that! Ichika will have a nice GAR moment hopefully again but then again I wonder whose swords gets lost during the fight. I also wonder WTF @ Silver being in that energy bubble. What is the purpose of it? Finally a last shot of Cecilia in the spoiler
must say the light tone is nice on her. So what do you all think about Houki's new IS? Over power 9000 or meh?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 10, 2011 11:28 PM

Oct 2010
Houki's new IS is real Badass. No need for rifles or cannons as those blades can take out a swarm of homing missiles by releasing a wave of energy, slicing them in half. Dual Wield Katanas FTW.

Yumekichi11 said:
I totally not agree with his method of wasabi here because you are supposed to dip the wasabi in soy sauce then dip the sushi in it.
Umm, Ichika method of using wasabi was already correct. According to Japanese etiquette, you do not put wasabi into the soy sauce. But it wouldn't matter if you're outside of Japan.
LeRealMar 10, 2011 11:48 PM
Mar 11, 2011 12:00 AM

Jan 2009
belatkuro said:
So, no one noticed that Ichika's armband just keeps jumping around between his arms?
First it's in the left in one scene and then in the right at the next.
What's funny about it is that you're surprised.
That's not quite as surprising as the fact that this show keeps ignoring my wishes and gives Ran minimum appearances щ(゚Д゚щ)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 11, 2011 12:36 AM

Jan 2010
well , they all got their personal IS so no problem

And that Tabane is so annoying , cute , smart but annoying as hell

@the ending , they all running straight like 1,2,1,2
Mar 11, 2011 2:13 AM

Apr 2009
After many of episodes lacking Houki, this seems to have quite a lot of her in it. Houki <3

Tabane is a very cute bunny. She's really hyper though. Not like that's a bad thing.

Akatsubaki is such an awesome IS. It's shiny and red with two swords. :D

Now everyone has their own IS.

"Will Ichika and his harem be okay?"
Mar 11, 2011 3:52 AM

Jan 2008
well, annoying genius was, annoying and overpowered 4th gen IS was...overpowered but I guess houki's lack of piloting skillz will make up for it.
Mar 11, 2011 5:04 AM

Feb 2010
Omniknight said:
I should have watched this abysmal fanservice pandering before Madoka.
This weeks Madoka was just so awesome that it made this IS episode so blant and shallow.

That is exactly why I am just now about to watch Madoka...
Mar 11, 2011 7:40 AM

Aug 2010
Nice episode, I really like Tabane because she brings some good comedy to the show.

On another note, I was just thinking that this show would be better without Ichika and just a girl only show. I like it how it is but I think it would be even better with that.
Mar 11, 2011 8:04 AM

May 2010
Looks like houki time to shine has come with akatsubaki !
Mar 11, 2011 9:33 AM

May 2009
Lol houki's swords are throwing red getsuga tensho. =))
Mar 11, 2011 9:54 AM

Jul 2009
Hmm when first saw "Akatsubaki" i thought hello "Justice Gundam" :3. hopefully next episode will be action packed and no more emotional, harem crap.
Mar 11, 2011 11:47 AM

Aug 2010
The White Knight was probably Chifuyu but that White Knight IS wasn't the same Byakushiki IS that Orimura got from his sister that she used to use
Mar 11, 2011 1:07 PM

Jul 2010
I think Ichika is the most perfect (yet mostest dumb) guy for any girl. every girl is on him in IS academy, he can cook, he can massage, he can do cleaning and he can beat the genius students. not too mention in every single crisis, teachers ask for his help instead "go to battlefield by themselves or ask some senior students". too bad the guy had siscon. i feel really sorry for jelly factory.

And the most genius girl in the world, who invented this whole anime cliched concept is the mostest annoying girl in the anime. that's just perfect combination. I'm all for Ichika x Tabane.

Did anyone understand, why would chifyuu want to hide her identity after doing that awesome battle by defeating 2341 missiles. she deserve some great awards from japan government.
Mar 11, 2011 1:26 PM

Jan 2010
The key to a true harem to be completely oblivious.
Mar 11, 2011 1:51 PM
Apr 2010
That new IS looks so sexy...
I WANT!
Mar 11, 2011 2:31 PM

May 2008
Can tell this episode was a little centered on Cecilia however im so disappointed that they made Houki move in the spotlight halfway through the show ruining the whole episode .Houki had enough screentime give it to Rin or Cecilia dammmit

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 11, 2011 2:32 PM

Jul 2009
Expecting a fight with some interesting attacks & moves...
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Mar 11, 2011 2:54 PM

Nov 2009
Fanservice and an annoying sister.

Beserk rampaging IS seems like something that should have happened at the start of the show in my opinion.
Mar 11, 2011 3:42 PM

Nov 2008
It was a good episode and it had its funny moments, but as always the real action will towards the end of the series. With two episodes left I'm not sure how this will all end, other than knowing that the harem will be intact.
Mar 11, 2011 4:31 PM

Nov 2008
It's funny how people are still complaining of this anime and are still watching xDD

Anyway, Is it just me or Houki's sister doesn't suit very well with her image and voice o_O

Next ep: we will see Akatsubaki's epicness (it should be since it's a 4th generation IS) and also Ichika's HAX xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 11, 2011 5:15 PM

Nov 2007
kinda reminds me of Geass with Houki lagging behind then getting an OP 4th gen. other than that Cecilia got a little bit of time, Ichika is still dense, and Tabane was super super hyper. mostly a set up episode. kinda surprising we just now get to see an American IS and there's no major American student. I guess later one can come along and join the jelly harem.

seems it wraps up with taking down this IS and Houki's birthday? yeah better be a 2nd season.
Mar 11, 2011 5:15 PM

Feb 2010
houki's sister reminds me of someone I can't remember
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2011 5:36 PM

Jan 2011
Looks like nobody is bringing up the fact that ONCE again, in one shape or form, America is the bad guys....again.

They even teamed us up with Israel.....How does japan get away with this shit? One offensive japanese character in south park, and they are ready to have a damn fit...
Mar 11, 2011 6:11 PM

Dec 2009
For some reason I'm finding this series is going downhill after each episode. The ending for this is obvious also.

Would drop it but there's only 2 episodes left so might as well finish.
Mar 11, 2011 6:21 PM

Feb 2008
I just love Tamura Yukari as voice actor, she is cute.

You can't get annoyed of you like the voice actor.

She is indeed cute. :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 11, 2011 6:29 PM

Nov 2008
ILE said:
need more Charlotte.

I'd have to agree! Although Houki is my second favorite out of the girls, I wish there had been more CharlottexIchika. For the past few episodes Houki seemed like a side character and now she comes back with the strongest IS...with her and Ichika been the only ones who can stop that out of control IS...it just seems like.. What?

I guess Houki will be the winner in the end...without really even trying...sigh....

Still love her....but....sigh

And Yeah...it is obvious that Chifuyu was the White Night...I don't think they could of made it more obvious.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Mar 11, 2011 6:32 PM

Feb 2008
I just love Tamura Yukari as voice actor, she is cute.

You can't get annoyed of you like the voice actor.

She is indeed cute. :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 11, 2011 7:28 PM
May 2009
I need more Charlotte lol
Mar 11, 2011 8:01 PM

Nov 2008
ILE said:
need more Charlotte.

Agreed but she had her moments - The Cute reaction to the food bit

And as we near the end of the plot* arc heres hoping for a season 2
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Why do people defend Ichika Orimura so much?

Kuronomi-chan - Jan 21, 2023

11 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Feb 10, 5:45 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

164 by Kusanagi_Shouta »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:55 AM

» Ichika’s Denseness

FiddlePie - Aug 28, 2023

17 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

193 by Flaviomoe199 »»
Oct 10, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

avrc - Mar 31, 2011

292 by Nerleos »»
Apr 17, 2023 4:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.