MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica »» Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion

Pages (28) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

950 94.25%
4 out of 5: Liked it

44 4.37%
3 out of 5: It was OK

10 0.99%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 0.10%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 0.30%
Voters: 1008

03-11-11, 5:15 AM

This is was one of the best episodes I ever saw, I'm speechless

5/5

03-11-11, 5:16 AM

NotJackFrost said:
Dracos33 said:

But seriously, I've been thinking about who the Walpurgis night witch is and I think its Homura herself.Over and over again she has been going through the same time line to correct things, and she has been growing stronger in every way.

I was about to post this, but got ninja'd. Yes, this would be the logical conclusion. The evidence is there in plain sight (aka the best place to hide it) - Walpurgis has a cog/gear theme to her. Homura is the only one we know who has a clockwork device.

Going by general time-paradox knowledge, the simplest way would be to kill Homura. When you think about it, her being alive is EXACTLY is one thing constant in all timelines. And in all timelines her death is somehow prevented by Madoka: saved from the witch in 1, saved from batshit insane Mami, soul gem purified, Walpurgis 1HKO'd. This would also mean that her wish to save Madoka was the event that set up the entire loop in the first place.

Well, her wish to save Madoka obviously is the reason for the entire loop.

At one point, I also pondered about the possibility of Homura being Walpurgisnacht, mainly because i am very curious about that witch's identity. However, after the episode 10, it's kinda tough to justify this theory for we saw that, in the first timeline (the one with moe Homura) Madoka became a witch after she fought Walpurgisnacht. And Homura was there, not even a MS yet, so how could she be her? Of course, in case they actually go with that scenario, they could always explain it with something like 'Homura's time traveling to the past messed up the entire space-time continuum'.
Hmmm, but your theory did make me remember another thing. Homura is from the future i.e. she doesn't belong to the current timeline. OK. But, where is the real Homura from the present then? So, who knows, you guys could be onto sth.
Well, I know I'm not making much sense, rebutting even myself xD but this anime's so prefect for speculah, though I'm probably way off.

Sae said:
Now that I think about it, wasn't Mami a bit odd in this episode? I thought that she, of all people, would know about whole "magical girls -> witches" thing.
Or what? She's supposedly been going around hunting witches (and purifying her soul gem while at it) for a long time. And not even once she asked: "Hey, QB, actually, why do I have to purify my SG, and what happens if i don't?". And you know, fluffy bastard shown himself to be a honest pers... creature. Of sorts.

While she did take me by surprise with certain actions, namely killing Kyoko, I don't think she knew about MS>witches thing in any of the timelines. In the episode 1, she thanks Madoka for saving QB calling him 'a precious friend of hers'. You clearly wouldn't say that about someone who tricked you into becoming a zombie destined to turn into a witch once your battery runs empty. IMO she was somewhat naive, believing in classic magical girls who save the day and are accompanied by a cute magical being serving as their advisor.

LightningRamiel said:

And honestly at this point, I think a happy ending would count as getting trolled. It's weird, I really feel like my overall satisfaction with this series will decrease by a pretty decent amount if it doesn't follow through to an amazingly depressing finale.

Oh, for some reason, I so agree with that.
Modified by metamorphius, 03-11-11, 5:49 AM
“With the invention of the internet, any subliterate cretin can be Michiko Kakutani.”

03-11-11, 5:31 AM

Wow.. Homura has the weight of the world on her shoulders. Brilliant episode.

03-11-11, 5:52 AM

metamorphius said:
At one point, I also pondered about the possibility of Homura being Walpurgisnacht, mainly because i am very curious about that witch's identity. However, after the episode 10, it's kinda tough to justify this theory for we saw that, in the first timeline (the one with moe Homura) Madoka became a witch after she fought Walpurgisnacht. And Homura was there, not even a MS yet, so how could she be her? Of course, in case they actually go with that scenario, they could always explain it with something like 'Homura's time traveling to the past messed up the entire space-time continuum'.
Hmmm, but your theory did make me remember another thing. Homura is from the future i.e. she doesn't belong to the current timeline. OK. But, where is the real Homura from the present then? So, who knows, you guys could be onto sth.
Well, I know I'm not making much sense, rebutting even myself xD but this anime's so prefect for speculah, though I'm probably way off.

I have written a story long ago that dealt with a similar time loop where the protagonist must set things right in order to prevent a bad end, so my brain is full of theories how this might work:
1)Homura isn't physically travelling back in time, but resetting the universe to the beginning of the day when she first met Madoka.

2)A possibility is that her consciousness is transferred to the past!Homura and she's still physically in ending number 1. Since all girls had their wishes backfire, this could be Homura's.
Simply put, after she succeeds in saving Madoka, she returns to ending 1 where it all began, her Soul Gem becomes a GS, turning into Walpurgisnacht. Homura keeps her powers in witch form and, realising that this is all her fault, goes back in time to kill herself in the usual Delusioned Witch manner. Thus, the cycle is created.

3)Every time Homura goes back, the initial Homura is ejected to somewhere outside the timeline, where she contracts QB/something else and eventually turns into Walpurgis.

Owch. My brain.
Also,pardon if there will be a multitude of posts. Myinternet spiked when I tried posting this.

03-11-11, 5:59 AM

This episode was soo awesome!!! I'm glad that Mami died before finding out the truth. But it really makes me wonder how Homura alone is going to defeat Valpurgis Night. :/

03-11-11, 6:04 AM

HOLY SHEEEET~

Homura changed so much, through all the time looping.

And now, all those people who were hating Madoka for not being a Mahou Shoujo by now, they now know the reason why. :/

It was epic.

03-11-11, 6:34 AM

jabbany said:
The only solution to save the world is if Madoka wished something along the lines 'I want to be a mahou shoujo forever'. When homura (and possibly madoka) defeat the current Walpurgisnacht, there will be no more witches, so homura will have to turn into a witch eventually (the strongest no doubt, also this is inevetable because she has used up her wishes) . Madoka will then have the final battle with the witch that was once homura. With this the circle is closed, leaving only one mahou shoujo in the whole world and no more witches. And the world is not destroyed.

Seems harsh but its the only explanation that i found that works...

Then she should just say: 'I wish no more witches can be created and no more Puella Magi's shall turn into witches ever again.' Save Madoka AND Homura. ;D

Btw, I'm extremely slow, but if you think about it, Soul Gems turning into Grief Seeds was made so obvious we didn't see it(well, some of us):
SG -> GS ;D

Oh, and by the way, I might be wrong, but doesn't Walpurgis from timeline 1 look different from the one in.. 3 or 4? Her dress looks way longer in the 3rd/4rth(Shall try to make this into pictures and edit them in..)
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..

03-11-11, 6:48 AM

So basically, Homura is a badass time stopping mahou shoujo version of Rika from Higurashi. Interesting, interesting.

03-11-11, 6:59 AM

That's some maximum trolling from Gen there. Really, to think it'd all be so simple. All that's left if to know what exactly the Walpurgis Night is and how to stop the shit without Madoka becoming a MH and good end clearly possible. Don't troll anymore, give us something unexpected next episode.

Homura's awesome anyway. <3
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー

03-11-11, 7:09 AM

Well, that sure explained a lot...
And woot @ crazy Mami. I loved it.

My theory is that when Madoka makes a contract again, Homura will kill herself out of misery (because this show is very much capable of doing stuff like that). I mean, there must be a limit to what Homura can take.

03-11-11, 7:17 AM

-Vid said:
Actually, I'm not entirely certain that she died. Sure, it might seem that way, but really, look at it. In timeline.. 3? Madoka defeated the Witch in one go, and she's supposedly as powerful in any timeline. However in the first she simply.. dies? It seems a bit illogical to me. She probably got sucked dry of her magic, fell down and is about to turn into a witch, which Homura doesn't know at that point.

Or she really died.. but then.. it kinda doesn't make sense to see her fuck up that badly.
personally i think madoka did died in timeline 1, since her soul gem was not in her hand (broke maybe?) n i think madoka did defeat the Walpurgis night in every single timeline (the only diff is whether madoka end up dying or become witch)

-Vid said:
Another thing.. perhaps it was just shown badly, but the day Homura enters the class, Madoka meets Kyubey, and makes a contract, aye? Well in the first timeline Homura obviously doesn't do anything, we see her at the blackboard and during PE class and it seems to be the very same day, however, later on she gets attacked by a witch (or spawns, whatever). Then Madoka mentions that she just contracted last week.. or something.

Urg, I'm probably missing some obvious or something.
u did miss something, the day when homura woke up in hospital is more than one week b4 she attend the school (c the calender, 16 is the day she leave the hospital, 23 is the day she attend the school)

summaries of my thought (n many others too):

- base on previous timeline, there isnt really a way to defeat Walpurgis night unless by sacrificing madoka...

- they nvr showed what madoka wish for, which i think will be the last trump card

- everything will be over if homura died
"Those who satisfied with bad end are not worthy to be called as gamer" by Keima

03-11-11, 7:22 AM

I've been wishing for a bad ending so far but now... I'm not so sure. I mean, if it ends badly, Homura would just repeat it all over again and I want a conclusion. Besides, this episode made me feel really sad. And I truly want her to achieve her objective - saving Madoka.

Anyway, it was a great episode. A truly great one. The best one so far.

03-11-11, 7:38 AM

This episode is over 9000/10. It resolved most of the heated issues and theories that cropped up for nine episodes; it was also an intense cocktail of emotion; it was also devastating.

It breaks my heart watching Madoka cry... or die.
I play, the haters lose.

03-11-11, 8:07 AM

NotJackFrost said:
NotJackFrost said:
Dracos33 said:

But seriously, I've been thinking about who the Walpurgis night witch is and I think its Homura herself.Over and over again she has been going through the same time line to correct things, and she has been growing stronger in every way.

I was about to post this, but got ninja'd. Yes, this would be the logical conclusion. The evidence is there in plain sight (aka the best place to hide it) - Walpurgis has a cog/gear theme to her. Homura is the only one we know who has a clockwork device.

Going by general time-paradox knowledge, the simplest way would be to kill Homura. When you think about it, her being alive is EXACTLY is one thing constant in all timelines. And in all timelines her death is somehow prevented by Madoka: saved from the witch in 1, saved from batshit insane Mami, soul gem purified, Walpurgis 1HKO'd. This would also mean that her wish to save Madoka was the event that set up the entire loop in the first place.

Doesn't explain the first Walpurgis night witch in the first and original timeline. If not it would make sense. Last time people said it was Sayaka and they were wrong about that =P.

03-11-11, 8:10 AM

This is how the king and queen of all badasses was made.

03-11-11, 8:32 AM

I love this show!

03-11-11, 9:01 AM

Homura resetting just killed the despair factor for the death of the three girls(4 if she fails again).

They should change the title to Puella Magica Homura. But man that is some good twist.

03-11-11, 9:02 AM

Homura in pigtails is cute.

Madoka as a Mahou Shoujo is more cute than powerful but she has a good sense of justice as a result of being one.

All that murder after Sayaka's death, way to break the nice girl, good thing Madoka killed Mami out of self defense, it beats the sandworm witch anyday.

03-11-11, 9:17 AM

My take on this: I think a 'good End' (for a lack of better words) could be achieved by Homura and Madoka commiting suicide after walpurgis is defeated.

Personally, I doubt Homura will ever find the 'perfect' solution for this little Visual Novel of hers, no matter how often she loads the savegame.

Maybe there isn't a good end. Maybe she just needs to prevent a bad end.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl

03-11-11, 9:19 AM

Homuhomu is mai waifu do not steal

Pages (28) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices