MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica »» Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion

Pages (28) -2 -1 [0] 1 2 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

939 94.28%
4 out of 5: Liked it

43 4.32%
3 out of 5: It was OK

10 1.00%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 0.10%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 0.30%
Voters: 996

03-10-11, 4:52 PM

While I cann't see the rest of the replies because of what I can only assume is intense lag, I just had to post here because of the sheer greatness of the episode. I was sort of expecting this from SHAFT, but nothing on this level. No complaints here, everything was super dramatic and I think we can all hate QB a little more and love Homura a little more.

I was speechless so many times; each loop was different. Yeah, it reminded me of Endless Eight, but so much better.

Just too much to say. Thursdays are crazy.

03-10-11, 4:53 PM

Well, now that we’ve seen Madoka as a Puella Magi, I guess it gives SHAFT excuse to not make her get a contract in this timeline.

03-10-11, 4:54 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

It.. was.. GLORIOUS!

It was so nice to be looking back into Homura's point of view.
Plus.. she was cute with the braids. < 3

I sort of laughed when Mami dies right away in her first timeline.. just sort of deja vu.
But! Good episode nonetheless, I really can't wait until Episode 11.

03-10-11, 4:56 PM

a breather episode about Homura's past (much like I said it would be last week). Gotta love when they start killing eachother in that one future though, it was pretty twisted. Lets see what heppens next week, after a breather like that, I have a feeling it's going to be pretty insane.

03-10-11, 4:59 PM

Yumekichi11 said:
Obviously one of those things is to prevent her from being a Magical Girl but what I really think is that 2 Magical Girls are not enough to kill off the Walpurgisnacht witch and thus Homura needs to have Sayaka, Mami and Kyouko present and well to fight all together this witch

I agree they need more than 2 girls!!!

This series will either end tragically or happily haha. The happy ending is all of them survive long enough, but whether or not they all survive to defeat Walpurgis is another question. Then there is also the problem that even if they all do survive Walpurgis, they may eventually turn into witches anyway(as evidence by Madoka defeating Walpurgis but will eventually turn into a witch anyway) .After QB collects all the energy he wants, he looked like he was gonna leave Earth.

Haruhi Suzumiya+ Higurashi, and Mahou Shoujo Madoka have the repeating time theme as common. Hm....Mahou Shoujo Madoka should be the last anime to have this repeating stuff... Repeats need to cool down for a while before new animes should use it again...

Though Madoka does it well, I hope repeats don't get popular haha.

03-10-11, 5:35 PM

My mind has been blown...
One of the best animes I''ve seen, PERIOD.

03-10-11, 5:38 PM

I actually liked this episode, it explains why Homura knew so much
and why she has a fiery hate towards QB (well, after learning all THAT, who wouldn't xD;; )
but anyways, I was like "OMFG.. Homura... why so...quiet.. :u"
then later she became kuudere Homura, oh so epic xD;; I think I prefer Kuudere Homura, then shy, clumsy Homura.. :I
anywho, I was happy to see Mami again, but then I was like "No" when she died again, pop up again happy, then she killed Kyoko :c ,and she got killed by Madoka..
:c sad, yet either way, Mami dies early and Sayaka dies later on, and so does Kyoko D<
well, in different ways that is xD;;
all in all, this episode was epic (IMO.. c: )

03-10-11, 5:40 PM

Gah, I'm too slow. Accidently made another topic. X_X

Either way..
It.. was.. GLORIOUS!

It was so nice to be looking back into Homura's point of view.
Plus.. she was cute with the braids. < 3

I sort of laughed when Mami dies right away in her first timeline.. just sort of deja vu.
But! Good episode nonetheless, I really can't wait until Episode 11.

03-10-11, 5:41 PM

Wow. I had goosebumps through the whole thing. I've been waiting for the episode on Homura's background since they introduced her character.

Heh, when she was thinking of suicide and the scenery began to change, so did the music, and the first thing that popped in my head was: "That's Mami's theme!" And there she was with... Madoka?! It was interesting to see how they've all interacted differently throughout time. At one time Kyoko, Mami, Madoka, and Sayaka were all in a group together. Heh. And Mami's the one to kill Kyoko? Jeez. I wonder if Sayaka's wish was the same every time? And I wonder what Madoka's wish was.

This episode was amazing. It might even be my favorite yet, but it's hard to say that when they're all so damn good. I don't want this show to end!

Also, this puts a stop to all the "Homura is Madoka" stuff. :P

03-10-11, 5:46 PM

THAT was excellent <3 I was kinda disappointed of the last week's episode, but this one was pure win! Can't wait for the next one~

03-10-11, 5:49 PM

First off, the most important thing: MAMI-SAMA!!!! <3<3<3<3

I guess I should have seen the Higurashi parallels right from the start, but at least it's now officially confirmed that all of the loops are Homura's responsibility (seriously, there are people out there that think that Homura isn't responsible for these loops); pretty much everything is still falling into the places which everyone practically predicted by episode two so the only thing left is to see how cruel Urobuchi will be. I can already imagine the most bittersweet conclusion occuring two weeks from now.

And in conclusion....

MAMI-CHAMA!!!! <3<3<3<3
Can you stand up for yourself?
Can you face your fears?
Can you see what I see?
Can you seize the day?
Can you tell me what you think?

K <3 S

03-10-11, 6:05 PM

Prediction were correct it seems. I love the way it was executed though. Instead of the power to travel back in time she wished to redo her meeting which means Kyuubey is the one actually proving her this convenience. Really nicely done. She can redo as many times as she wants because that was her wish lol.

And OMG when the gang finds out the truth lol. Mami going crazy killing Kyoko and Madoka killing Mami. ROFL.

LOVE THIS ANIME!

03-10-11, 6:08 PM

nishimari said:
God, this episode was so... Epic.
But was so Higurashi.

I had totally the same idea in my head! The concept and solution Homura is trying to fins is very similar to Rika's as well.

This episode somehow gave me good feelings about the whole series for some reason. With Homura's desperation to try and save her friends, it's basically a Devil's Pact QB's scheming around...well, that was quite found out since Sayaka's contract, but still...

I totally loved Homura's attitude, and this flashback gave us more than enough reasons to understand her motives.

I am wondering what they are going to do in the remaining episodes of the season, I sure hope as well that the ending isn't rushed.

03-10-11, 6:12 PM

not the first time i saw a time loop (i apparently get to have a lot of these regularly with what i watch/read).. but i really feel that this has a very good execution to it.. oh, Urobuchi Gen.. darn you for making your characters and some of your viewers cry..

now i'm just waiting on how this show will end.. i may give my 10 depending on the outcome.. or i may pronounce it as the best anime of 2011 (even though it has just started).. but we'll see..

and Akemi Homura <3.. such character development in this prequel.. i really love prequels..

03-10-11, 6:24 PM

Mami! <3

That was an amazing episode, Homura's development was so much more then I was expecting! The scene when all five of the girls were together was one of my favorites because of the emotion, I can't believe Madoka killed Mami though. o__o I'm soooo excited for the final two episodes!

03-10-11, 6:26 PM

oh wow, Homura backstory is different than I imagined. endless 8 much? seeing her character growth was awesome though.

lol @ her stealing weapons

03-10-11, 6:26 PM

Oh no ! Someone forgot her homework again...

I love this show, love the characters.
This time loop explain so many things, even if it was anticipated it is still surprising and very well done.

And at least I now understand why the teacher hesitates in first episode when she writhe Homura's name, she must has a 'déjà vu' feeling.
Modified by Sith_Vicious, 03-10-11, 6:35 PM

03-10-11, 6:30 PM

nice one!!! i'm sure many people wonder what is Homura's wish. And i love her for that.
---
since ep 11 is title "the only remaining way" i could just make out that

03-10-11, 6:31 PM

Let's see:
World 1 - Madoka and Mami working together and died at Walpurgis. Homura contracts with Kyubei. RESTARTO
World 2 - Homura, Madoka and Mami are working together. Still, Mami died and Madoka became a witch. RESTARTO
World 3 - Homura tells the truth and the rest are still not convinced. IDK why Kyoko is in that area since Mami did not die yet. Still, Sayaka turns into a witch because of love triangle(inevitable). Mami killed Kyoko thinking that the team are her enemies as well. Madoka killed Mami. Madoka and Homura fights Walpurgis together and lost. RESTARTO
World 4 - Homura fights everything on her own letting Madoka not to contract with Kyubei. Homura can't defeat Walpurgis alone and Madoka contracts with Kyubei. They won though Madoka became a witch(I think). RESTARTO
World 5 - episode 1 to 9 xDD

No wonder why Homura said that no one will believe her when she tells about the truth since no one believed her in the previous world. FORESHADOWING

and ZOMG Homura is repeating the same mistake in the past again!!!

PLEASE HOMURA!!! I HOPE YOU PREPARED A NUCLEAR WARHEAD THIS TIME!!!

03-10-11, 6:32 PM

Oh holy crap that was amazing. Timeloop speculah confirmed, Homura being badass, Madoka in Puella Magi form, insane Mami and Kyubey being exploded, all in one episode. Upgrading score from 10 to 11.

Pages (28) -2 -1 [0] 1 2 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices