Forum Settings
Forums
New
How would you rate this character?
Mar 4, 2011 9:54 AM

Feb 2008
Spotlight Character: Ling Yao (Fullmetal Alchemist)

MAL Character Information Page: Ling Yao

MAL Favorites: 455

For the next week I would like to have everyone familiar with this character discuss what they think makes it an exceptional character. What attributes make it stand out in the ocean of interesting characters that exist in the realms of anime and manga.

Unlike the other two subjects I will not force this conversation to fall into any set structure. Characters that are nominated typically get here because they are adept at breaking the existing character moulds and defying definition.

Because of this freedom I encourage everyone to do their very best to stay on topic and keep any and all debate civil. Have fun and I look forward to seeing what everyone has to say about this character.

RESULTS OF THE YOU DECIDE POLL

Ling Yao was NOT inducted into the club Character list:
5 Yes - 10.2%
44 No - 89.7%

5 Don't Know - 9.0% of the total number polled
1 Abstained - 1.8% of the total number polled
santetjanMar 20, 2011 7:04 PM
You do not beg the sun for mercy.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 5, 2011 10:11 AM

Sep 2008
Hmm.. so can anyone tell me how Ling is an exceptional character? For some reason, I'm highly indifferent about him. Certainly, not a badly-written character, but I always seem to forget him and his presence.
Mar 5, 2011 12:28 PM

Dec 2007
I believe that the main interest of this character is that he becomes two characters at the same time. The mesh of the two personalities and objectives is easy, though, due to the connection of both characters, and as one flourishes and one hides it's pretty easy to manage the two facets at the same time.

Both characters are pretty straightforward too.

It's a no.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Mar 5, 2011 7:31 PM

Feb 2009
ladyxzeus said:
I believe that the main interest of this character is that he becomes two characters at the same time. The mesh of the two personalities and objectives is easy, though, due to the connection of both characters, and as one flourishes and one hides it's pretty easy to manage the two facets at the same time.

Both characters are pretty straightforward too.

It's a no.

^
And if any of the two characters developed it was Greed (although he had a predictable end). Ling stayed the same, a one dimensional character for the most.

No for me.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The End of Critics and Connoisseurs

HiroM_ - Dec 31, 2022

31 by danz »»
Nov 10, 2023 1:08 AM

» Challenge You Decide: Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion (Anime) (1/1)

HiroM_ - Dec 3, 2022

44 by 25saix »»
Dec 30, 2022 3:10 PM

» You Decide: Golden Kamuy 2nd Season (Anime) (12/4)

HiroM_ - Dec 2, 2022

42 by 25saix »»
Dec 30, 2022 3:10 PM

» Resurrected You Decide: Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica (Anime) (12/4)

HiroM_ - Dec 2, 2022

47 by 25saix »»
Dec 30, 2022 3:09 PM

» Blue N Rescue Mission: Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma (Anime) (12/4)

HiroM_ - Dec 3, 2022

24 by Dramaddict »»
Dec 28, 2022 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.