MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Yumekui Merry Episode 9 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Yumekui Merry »» Yumekui Merry Episode 9 Discussion

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Yumekui Merry Episode 9 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

53 73.61%
4 out of 5: Liked it

13 18.06%
3 out of 5: It was OK

4 5.56%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 1.39%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 1.39%
Voters: 72

03-04-11, 8:21 AM

So it looks like they will take a similar route as Pandora Heart did and create an anime-specific ending instead of setting up for a sequel.

03-04-11, 8:45 AM

I teacher is a Bad-As* i knew it. he looked so Bad.
How can some one eat rice like that ?

03-04-11, 9:04 AM

chaelmi said:
tecu said:
Before Yumekui Merry and Madoka episode 9s:

Madoka >>> Yumekui Merry

Suddenly...

Yumekui Merry > Madoka

if isana will die the next episode

then yumekui merry >>> madoka

madoka is a philosophical story in a different way than this one. although this one is less tragic. i would not compare them in this context.

still though, its not enough that he destroys her dream but beats her up too...

03-04-11, 10:33 AM

what a great episode, wouldn't of know that teacher would of been a dream demon! this series is getting better and more interesting each episode, fave episode so far
Cake = :D
"apa" apachai's wise words
http://bit.ly/a5VFVB

03-04-11, 11:13 AM

The teacher was so cool, yandere like :')

03-04-11, 11:16 AM

But Merry CAN send them back.. remember when one light blue haired girl with classes who had to meet a guy and so on (prez or something) .. Merry beat that guy and the light blue haired girl is still normal :O

ayways, its getting pretty good.. too bad it's a 13 ep show :(

!Thought... Idea…Vision…Action!

03-04-11, 12:03 PM

I've got a question: if Merry's here without a vessel, does that mean that she could become one herself?
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.

03-04-11, 12:32 PM

I really liked that teacher, but something about him did ring a bell in the back of my head, oh well at least play and merry are friends now
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

03-04-11, 12:34 PM

flame_master_14 said:
I've got a question: if Merry's here without a vessel, does that mean that she could become one herself?

That's actually a pretty interesting question. Do dreams have dreams themselves?
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl

03-04-11, 1:07 PM

I liked this episode it's really getting interesting
I'm looking foorward for the next episode ;) to bad this is a 13-episode anime!

03-04-11, 1:51 PM

Oosran said:
Dream Demons, they live in people's dreams. Wow.
I sure didn't see that coming.
... *sighs*
Oh well. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

I concur. That scene made me facepalm so much.

The interaction with Yui and Engi was very nice, good to see Merry & Engi teaming up.
That teacher was such an obvious choice, him hearing all the students dreams first hand.
But he's great as a villain.l

03-04-11, 2:24 PM

So... The transfer student - who is she really if the teacher has Treesea?

I am loving this, they find out she has become possessed just as they can't fight back.

Also <3 Yui.

03-04-11, 2:49 PM

Things are not going to go well for Engi and Merry if they can't destroy the Dream Demons without destroying the vessel.

That sensei was just plain EVIL!!

I'm so scared for Isana. How are they going to save her?

03-04-11, 4:02 PM

Finally an interesting episode with a few revelations. I imagine that the gun Chizuru is holding will serve a "bigger" purpose in the future.

03-04-11, 4:27 PM

i Knew that teacher was Batsh*t crazy from the first time i saw him,but i didn't think he would be that bad enough to kick a girl till she bleeds :( now i'm only left wondering if that blonde guy is bad or not.

03-04-11, 4:31 PM

I became speechless after this episode o_O

Let's see John Doe went inside Yumeji's dream to take his body and that what's currently happening to Isana... She will get a daydream to be a vessel for freakin Elcres then to be slaughtered by Treesea... wth...

Why is Kawanami seemed to have no powers at all? I won't be surprised if she is like Yumeji that can enter daydream without a muma xDD

It seems there will be a second season for this :D final boss in this season would most likely Treesea then next season would be Elcres xDD It won't be enough if they could pull out Elcres at the near end since it's already episode 9 o_O Perhaps they can do that...

Lylaaz said:
But Merry CAN send them back.. remember when one light blue haired girl with classes who had to meet a guy and so on (prez or something) .. Merry beat that guy and the light blue haired girl is still normal :O
^I'm not so sure about that... Mei's dream is to meet Chris in person but since Chris sent him to oblivion... Chris said some nice parting words that's why Mei did not have "dream loss syndrome". She stopped dreaming, gave up on him and moved on but what you said is also plausible. :D Besides Mei achieved her dream so I guess she has no regrets xDD

flame_master_14 said:
^good question but I think it will be explained soon. I think Merry's keys represent something during her battle with Engi, perhaps it could open the door connected to the both human and dream worlds that's why she entered the human world without a vessel... Dang too much Kingdom Hearts xDD
Modified by DenjaX, 03-04-11, 4:34 PM

03-04-11, 5:33 PM

There’s the senior with Chris, but had to admit it’s still surprising to see female shaped demon in male body. Thankfully the fights will mostly be done in dream field, else… seeing her getting all hysteric (well, average chance that will happen typically) in that body is kind of weird ^^;;
Now, are both of them getting along well (read: that guy is screwed up even before meeting her) or she’s taking over. Seems to be the first option though, because his eyes doesn’t change.

Getting to wonder what Chizuru’s allegiance with Elcrest, or if Elcrest himself would come for retribution against Mistletain for killing his men.

But seeing the number of episodes left, what do everyone think the plot will be ? Maybe until book 5 (Merry’s real identity) and changing the fight against Noir with Mistletain (the hidden boss character) and leave an open ending pushing Elcrest fight after the anime story (or second season if things gone well).

PS: didn’t hear it clearly, what did Engi said Mistletain’s ability is ? Only heard the part of forcefully pulling human and demons into her field, but aren’t all demon have that ability ?

03-04-11, 8:25 PM

Yui is adorable with her escaping tactic. <3
Needs more cats and donuts though...

03-04-11, 9:33 PM

That teacher is CRAZY! Beating a girl up when she's on the ground. Unconscious none the less. I wonder what the red haired girl's part in all of this will be?

03-04-11, 10:43 PM

kisami said:
chaelmi said:
tecu said:
Before Yumekui Merry and Madoka episode 9s:

Madoka >>> Yumekui Merry

Suddenly...

Yumekui Merry > Madoka
if isana will die the next episode

then yumekui merry >>> madoka
madoka is a philosophical story in a different way than this one. although this one is less tragic. i would not compare them in this context.

still though, its not enough that he destroys her dream but beats her up too...
I get what you're saying, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess they're comparing them in terms of enjoyment. I'm the same way. Madoka Magica and Yumekui Merry are my two favorites this season just because they're the most entertaining. Although I think Madoka will end up being better than Yumekui Merry. I say that because I've got a bad feeling the ending of YM will not satisfy. :/

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices