Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 5, 2011 10:49 AM

May 2010
Great ep was unexpected.

Nitori as boyfriend seems weird to me. I mean why is he still crossdressing even he has

girlfriend? O.o

But yeah, he manned up and confessed unlike me when I was that age.

Although my main reason was to focus on my studies until now but not that I regret. :D

Hope things will be much more interesting from now on.
Mar 5, 2011 1:39 PM
Dec 2010
Karaoke scene was the best, Anna and Nitorni <3
Mar 5, 2011 11:09 PM

Aug 2010
Anna and Nitori...I have such a hard time liking their relationship because it just doesn't seem to fit. Interesting episode though.
Mar 6, 2011 12:44 AM
Mar 2010
Well that was a fast development. Hope it won't be a fast end though.
Mar 8, 2011 12:28 PM

Mar 2010
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Nitori is most strange protagonist of romantic animes I saw. He is cross-dresser and has totally feminine personality but than it comes to relationships his behavior are more logical than most of harem anime protagonists have

QUOTED FOR TRUTH
Mar 9, 2011 6:52 AM
Dec 2010
Oresund said:
HawthorneKitty said:
I don't like Takatsuki one bit.
I hate the premise that if you get a girl friend, you can't have any friends that are girls. Of course it's just a lie and Takatsuki is the one that wants to run away from Nitori. I also hate her reasoning for becoming friends with Saori, just because she is lonely.

fuck you, I ship TakatsukixChiba. they both need some tender yuri love.

oh, yeah, Takatsuki and Chiba would be great :D
Mar 10, 2011 1:46 AM
Sep 2009
g_animebr said:
Oresund said:
HawthorneKitty said:
I don't like Takatsuki one bit.
I hate the premise that if you get a girl friend, you can't have any friends that are girls. Of course it's just a lie and Takatsuki is the one that wants to run away from Nitori. I also hate her reasoning for becoming friends with Saori, just because she is lonely.

fuck you, I ship TakatsukixChiba. they both need some tender yuri love.

oh, yeah, Takatsuki and Chiba would be great :D

Agreed. I actually love all the characters in the show, because regardless of whether or not they have irritating traits, they've all got personality.

Shuuichi and Anna should be an interesting pair to watch.

I really wish there was going to be more than 11 episodes... WHY?!?! Why not make it a multiple season thing?!?!
Mar 10, 2011 11:45 PM

Jan 2009
After the whole play mess, I feel like the story's finally picking up. I really like Anna as a character, but I can't help but feel empathetic toward Saori, no matter how twisted she may be. She seems like a simple girl left with an unfortunate twist of fate.
Mar 11, 2011 10:07 AM

Feb 2010
Best episode so far and I like the development!
Mar 11, 2011 3:45 PM

Jun 2009
Iilia said:
Anyone else think Chiba looked really pretty as she was lying on the couch?
I completely agree. She looked truly nice; her tousled hair added a contrasting effect to her usually-demure aspect.

This episode really showed what Hourou Musuko is worth of. The reality we have experienced at this age, it’s almost palpable, it’s not your perfect story in which nobody suffers the changes at puberty; something as simple as acne, or things as personal as having your period… I really love how such issues are portrayed.

Anna x Nitori couple is really cute~ I knew they would end up going up or at least have known mutual feelings, though it surprised me that it was Nitori who took the first step, confessing to Anna and then asking her out. It’s refreshing to see someone in a real relationship, not the all-too-used “We’re not dating but she’s mine” or something we see in harems and most series. Anna-chan is my favorite~♥

… Saori and Takatsuki are affected and distressed by Nitori’s decision to be on a relationship, aren’t they? Takatsuki’s showing her selfish side and thoughtlessly ignores and it’s colder to him. And Saori it’s taking her depression to the extreme, with the idea of dropping school and all… Seems exaggerated, but suitable; at this age nowadays, most adolescents consider the idea more-than-often, we have to accept it.

Doesn’t seem like reconciliation might occur any time soon for these two, even if looking for solace in the love-struck, —not really— rejected each other. They’re getting along just a tad better, at least.

Why are there only 4 episodes left? Oh, why? ;__;
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Mar 29, 2011 12:26 AM

Mar 2009
I'm liking Chiba more.
May 14, 2011 4:19 PM

Aug 2010
Each episode is getting better. I like Anna and Chiba now
Jan 11, 2012 10:32 AM

May 2010
EMChamp said:
Anna and Nitori...I have such a hard time liking their relationship because it just doesn't seem to fit.

That's precisely why I like their relationship. I actually think it'd be neat if the anime stuck with it, devoting the last half of the season to them getting closer and casting away those other potential love interests. It would be like a mellow 'life goes on" thing, instead of the obnoxious never-ending love triangles most anime seem to feature.
“Money can't buy dere”
Mar 28, 2012 6:10 PM

May 2008
Oh goodie. He hooked up with the cute model girl.
Nov 19, 2012 1:15 PM

May 2012
He's dating a photomodel damn that for someone like him... though he makes some other girls cry sad to see both sides!
Aug 15, 2013 2:09 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wh-what? Nitori likes Anna now? I'm surprised, considering it seems like he's liked Takatsuki for awhile now. But congrats to him, he sure has courage to confess to Anna, and I love how Anna's just like, "so?" They're a cute couple, and I love how different Anna's taste in "cute" things is, reminds me of Mao from Taiyou no Ie.

Hmm and Chiba really is a weird character. She says whatever she wants, like how she hates Takatsuki, and says she wants to quit school, she's the bully. She even knows that she's antisocial. I'm identifying with her more and more, though her attitude is more harsh. Her mother is also very lenient, just letting her stay home like that. Actually, all the parents in this anime is really nice...kind of hard to believe that none of them seem too strict. Anyways, props to Takatsuki for trying to be friends with Chiba, she's trying hard and hopefully she can get through her.
Sep 8, 2013 6:11 PM
Aug 2012
ive waited for a while because i was giving chiba the benefit of the doubt, but now its gone too far. she has some serious problems. at this young an age? she gets this melancholic when things dont go her way? quitting school, hating people this much? give me a break. this is a terribly disturbed character that grows up to be a supreme problem
Jun 1, 2014 12:13 PM

Jun 2011
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Nitori is most strange protagonist of romantic animes I saw. He is cross-dresser and has totally feminine personality but than it comes to relationships his behavior are more logical than most of harem anime protagonists have

Couldn't agree more.
They make an adorable couple!

Even though the unspoken rules of anime forbid this, I hope Nitori and Anna stay together.
Jun 26, 2014 2:00 AM

Nov 2011
Episode enjoyable!
A little too fast approaching Nitori and Anna, but the choice to upset the tables I like it, I hope hard to give a nice twist at the end.
Narration sweet and deep dialogues.
Drawings, animations and scenery so beautiful that it is worth watching the series just for the designs.
Of course, the soundtrack is beautiful and deserves.
Mar 11, 2016 1:50 AM

Jan 2014
Takatsuki and Chiba should get together!
Mar 11, 2016 2:16 AM

Oct 2013
Nitori and Anna make such a cute couple. :3

I really like Chiba... she's such a moody brat but I can't help but feel bad for her.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 30, 2016 4:52 AM

Jun 2013
I'm glad Nitori is dating someone outside of the Takatsuki/Chiba circle. Plus, Nitori's dating a model so she wins in life.
臭い-
Oct 14, 2016 4:21 AM

Apr 2009
So this gay doesn't like the lesbian one anymore?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2017 6:31 AM

Oct 2014
I find Saori so damn annoying! "The guy I like has a girlfriend so I'm going to quit school!"... Lol, if she was my daughter I would make her go to school even if I had to stay there the whole day with her. She's always victimizing herself and she's so selfish! The guy you like doesn't like you back? So what? Are you going to give up your life for something like that. AHHHH I'm so pissed at her after this episode. I simply can't understand her I don't even want to try. I just want her to stop being a spoiled brat.

I already didn't like her from previous times where she said that Nitori should be a boy, even though he wants to be a girl, because she likes him. So he should just stop even thinking about being who he wants to be just because she likes him as a boy? Selfish brat. "I'm gloomy so I don't have friends"? I see plenty of people trying to be your friend, perhaps if you stopped thinking of yourself as a victim you could also see them. And then calling the other guy insensitive for giving you flowers? Aren't you the insensitive one, not to talk about the disrespect you show your teacher who's only trying to help you and such...

AHHHHHH! I feel much better now!
Feb 17, 2019 5:43 PM

Jun 2015
good thing nitori is dating outside of his school and friend group, cause things would be infinitely more awkward if anna were part of that
Apr 10, 2020 3:24 PM

Jan 2010
I really like how honest this show is. Everyone talks to one another, and there hasn't really been any misunderstanding-based drama so far. I also like how issues of identity, while they are important to the show, isn't explicitly brought up as dramatic points every single time. Rather, it's shown as part of everyone's daily lives, discussed only when key moments occur.
Jun 24, 2020 8:36 AM

Dec 2012
wow,,nitori actually has more balls than most of men lol..

chiba dark humour really killed me lmao,,
are u being bullied? no, im the bully lol
i could become someone's mistress,, so dark chiba so dark
Aug 10, 2020 3:31 AM

Nov 2011
I can imagine how bad Chiba's situation right now, this is her first real heartbreak and she lost a fucking model.

I doubt NitorixAnna will last long (neither I expect any middle schoolers couple will), but if that happen I will be happy. They don't need to force NitorixTakatsuki thing although they are the main characters.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Apr 6, 2022 8:01 PM

Jun 2014
I didn't expect Nitori to be dating Anna, although, does she truly feel the same about Nitori, or does she simply see Nitori as a "close friend?"

Takatsuki is jealous of Nitori's relationship with Anna, but she's good at hiding it. She and Chiba may become closer now.

Jul 12, 2023 5:58 AM

Feb 2019
I love Nitori x Anna! It's something I didn't know I would like, but they look really cute together ^^ Loved the scenes between them. Would love for them to stay together, but I bet they won't last because she's not a protagonist ;-;

Can't help but feel bad for Saori though. I was rooting for her too, but Nitori x Anna is so cute.
Aug 6, 2023 3:08 PM

Oct 2016
I find she being attracted to Anna a bit random, but it can lead to something interesting once she finds out about the protagonist being a trans woman. This Chiba girl is interesting, she is a bitch but has the awereness and self reflection of being one.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Mar 10, 2011

61 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 1, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 17, 2011

56 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 1, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hannah_Ana - Jan 27, 2011

88 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 1, 8:55 AM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

259 by Jonas-K »»
Mar 29, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Hourou Musuko Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Samu-tan - Mar 31, 2011

134 by Baskarite »»
Nov 13, 2023 11:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.