Forum Settings
Forums

Release of Hellsing Ultimate To Be Resumed in July [Update May 25]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 10, 2011 11:38 PM

Feb 2011
This is just getting ridiculous...

After the delay we just went through, it gets postponed another month? Common sense would dictate that doing this is a horrible idea for them. I believe the OP said this was a new company or something (I don't pay too much attention to those things)? Well if that's the case they're making a poor first impression on the fan base. The shows been on hold for a good 2-ish years, so this isn't like any other show getting postponed, and there's no way they couldn't see that. At the moment I'm more interested in actually finding out what their reasons are for this, because I'm drawing a blank.
Jun 26, 2011 1:30 PM

Jun 2009
Jun 27, 2011 3:57 AM

Apr 2009
RevanFanatic said:
This is just getting ridiculous...

After the delay we just went through, it gets postponed another month? Common sense would dictate that doing this is a horrible idea for them. I believe the OP said this was a new company or something (I don't pay too much attention to those things)? Well if that's the case they're making a poor first impression on the fan base. The shows been on hold for a good 2-ish years, so this isn't like any other show getting postponed, and there's no way they couldn't see that. At the moment I'm more interested in actually finding out what their reasons are for this, because I'm drawing a blank.

Reasons are really simple, I can help you to understand here if you were not following the deal from the very beginning.
Normal Hellsing OVA schedule is something around two volumes per year. It all started in 2006 and back there OVAs were a DVD only product, but nowadays DVD video is a thing of a past with a new awesome Blu-ray technology. So what was ok in 2006 is not ok in 2011. According to this Hellsing OVA went HD since the sixth episode, but still there were episodes 1-5 left. So fans were promised with a Blu-ray box of Hellsing OVA 1-5 HD remastered. OVA 6 came out following by OVA 7 and still there were no sighs of the BD-box which was painful for those waiting for it. So it was after OVA 7 release when creators decided to focus on 1-5 HD. And remastering something that was originally SD into full-HD is not an easy task you know. OVA 5 was ready from the day one I guess, they just originally decided to release it only on DVD to include an HD version into the big package later, OVA 4 was something in-between and OVAs from 1 to 3 were a total disaster, so the team had to rescan and repaint every single frame from the scratch. Some frames were not even rescanned and recolored, but totally redrawn. This work took the whole year 2010 and sadly was not completed fully, so there are some ugly upscales in HD versions of OVA 2, OVA 3 and a little bit in the beginning of OVA 4 (especially OVA 2). OVA 1 now looks gorgeous in every single frame. I wish they had decided to release Hellsing BD-box flawless and took even more time, but well.
So they actually start working on OVA 8 in the beginning of 2011. June release was a tribute to the original two episodes per year plan, but that plan originally was not 100% accurate either for it was actually two episodes per 12-14 months or even more sometimes. Postpone practice was also there since 2006. No single Hellsing OVA episode was ever released according to the initial schedule, some episodes were actually delayed up to three times if not more. So this new postpone is not something you can blame the new studios for. It is a usual thing every fan with some knowledge on topic was expecting anyway. Studios can change but the core team (producers, directors, scriptwriters, managers, VAs etc) are the same guys and girls anyway.
KlimatJun 27, 2011 4:00 AM
Feb 27, 2013 7:16 AM

Apr 2012
Shwele said:
BigSimo said:
how about the english dub????

Just drop it... or others will rage. Oh yeah I am one of them... ^^

??! o_O
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
3 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.