Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 26, 2011 3:26 AM

May 2010
That dumb maid was ultra NUTS!I really hated her and that ugly face of hers.

Also, both Kujo and Victorique asked the same thing, huh? :) Nice episode and preview of the next episode.
Feb 26, 2011 4:08 AM

Feb 2010
Some things didnt have sense really.

how the fuck the maid burn those places so fast.

how did she miss with the spear so much , im almost sure is pretty imposible , more if u are fighting for your life.

why no one was helping victorique pulling kujo back?

but it just good anyway . they could make some things more realistic , most animes out there are way way dumber so i guess its ok lol
Feb 26, 2011 4:19 AM

Dec 2009
in the end the crazy maid failed living past 26 ... pathetic ...
Feb 26, 2011 4:42 AM

Aug 2010
Vanisher said:
Some things didnt have sense really.
how the fuck the maid burn those places so fast.

She could have marked her escape route before hand so by making fire in one place, it would have spread to ensure confusion.
Vanisher said:
how did she miss with the spear so much , im almost sure is pretty imposible , more if u are fighting for your life.

Exactly if you're fighting for your life you have the most chances to miss. Especially if you go into a blind rage like that or if she didn't have any expertise with weapons at all. (as shown, she didn't have any; even with the knife when she killed the previous elder she had blind luck) The spear might have been for dramatic purpose only xD
Vanisher said:
why no one was helping victorique pulling kujo back?

As I said some pages before, everyone might have been feeling just like Kujo. Nausea from the smoke marks the only possible explanation. Dizziness especially and they were simply not aware. The only feasible question here that doesn't seem real is how did Victorique managed to keep Kujo from not falling and pulling him after-wards with her small body :D
Feb 26, 2011 5:32 AM

Jun 2009
I'm glad that Harminia is dead. I felt bad for Ambrose, though.
Grevil was really cool in this episode. I never thought he is capable of something like that. ^^ But Kujo is the best. He may not be the most intelligent person but he sure knows how to protect a girl and Victorique always was awesome. ^^ The ending of episode was nice. Finally I got to see brother and sister actually talking to each other. I'm glad that Grevil doesn't hate her. :)
I'm sure that Roscoe is the magician from opening and he's with Cordelia. Does that mean that he knew who Kujo is and purposely gave him that turban?
Feb 26, 2011 8:34 AM

Nov 2009
Yup, knowing the future isn't always a good thing. For example it can make you go insane like the maid.

Hu, looks like it really was the maid and the guys. Of course, i guessed that the culprit could be everyone but them.

Looks like i am not going to become a detective soon!
Feb 26, 2011 8:46 AM

Aug 2010
Great episode, didn't see it comming :]

Feb 26, 2011 8:49 AM

Feb 2011
The maid was crazy but I think that someone who is told they will die at 26 will be acting crazy at 26. After all Ambrose said she was always kind towards him so it's not like she was always this crazy. Also when she killed the elder she did the eye scratching thing but that too is understandable since she just killed someone.

Anyway the best I've got for Victorique holding Kujo up is adrenaline but I'm not sure if that alone would work since she is so much smaller than him. Don't get me wrong, I still think someone should have helped.

The preview looks good but the title is a little...different. The subs I saw put it as "Blue Roses Bloom in the Cannibal Department Store." None the less it will be something to see.
Feb 26, 2011 10:02 AM

May 2010
Nice episode!!!!Victorique showed her real emotions at last :P

How could the maid light all these fires in such a little time ? ( and each fire was pretty far from another 0.0)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2011 11:13 AM

Jun 2009
Well the episode sure was good, liked it very much, as usual i guess. But 2 things we're just wrong:
-When maid started setting up the fire all over the place, she set it up in like 4 or so places almost immediately. Okay village may be small but to run through whole village setting on fire 4 places?
-And why the hell Victorique was the only one pulling up Kujo?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 26, 2011 12:20 PM

May 2010
So Victorica's mother is still alive!? :O
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Feb 26, 2011 12:46 PM

Oct 2009
Wow, Far fetched. -_-

*Tries to not think about it*

At the least Victorica's and Kujo's 'this is not were we part!' moments were touching!^_^
Feb 26, 2011 1:05 PM

Nov 2009
Ok I say this episode was on pure luck. That those acorns got caught on his clothes and that they fell off him just on the proper places.

And that incident with her mother was probably just a guess. The way the maid was acting was probably just getting to Victorique. Then she tried to trick her. The reason why it even worked is most probably because it's a superstitious village. OK logic sane, know your enemy know your self the the battle will go your way. But still.

The maid was sure fast. And where the heck did those three go. They did not even bother to look back.
Feb 26, 2011 2:26 PM

Feb 2009
I've given up hope on making sense of these mysteries and how she solves it. I'm just gonna accept that she knows everything with that secret wellspring of hers.
That way I could enjoy this show more cause frankly, it's getting really dull for me.
I'll give it the next arc I guess.

Batshit maid setting fire everywhere at once was so lolz.
And strong loli is strong.
Feb 26, 2011 3:43 PM
May 2009
Duh, that was pretty lame. The guy doing the storyboard and dialogue for the show (director Nanba?) seems to suck. No wonder considering he hasn't done anything decent before.
And I had high expectations for this show after hearing good things about the novels and cause I like mysteries.
Feb 26, 2011 7:15 PM

Nov 2009
Hoppy said:
Grevil actually did something useful for once and man he was cool doing so.

When watching this episode, I also noticed that Grevil stood out in this episode a lot more than usual.

That maid really was crazy, we could see it in her eyes. The prediction about her dying at age 26 came true, I wonder how things are going to turn out with the prediction of Kujo and Victorique. I loved how they both asked the same question.

As for catching Kujo when the bridge collapsed, Victorique sure is strong -_-'
Feb 26, 2011 7:28 PM

Dec 2008
zuka222335 said:
This wasn't as good an episode for me... still a great show though...

I think the magician might be Brian Roscoe, but that's just me...

^ +1
Episode was meh. Too much happened in this episode. They could've spread it out a little bit.

I'll be having nightmares about that maid tonight. She was ridiculously insane!
Feb 26, 2011 7:44 PM
Feb 2010
-When maid started setting up the fire all over the place, she set it up in like 4 or so places almost immediately. Okay village may be small but to run through whole village setting on fire 4 places?

I assumed that she pole vaulted over onto each roof with her spear. Its a WTF moment, but that's the only thing I think of when I watch it.
Feb 26, 2011 10:25 PM

May 2010
DoctorDoom said:
It was alright. Enjoyable but a lot of it hardly made any sense. The double murder plot to steal the vase had not a single shred of logic attached to it, and some of the reasoning very flawed (if gold coins fell out of a clock I'm pretty sure most people would look at the place of origin first).

This exactly.

I wouldave pushed the maid off in the 1st place, also she kinda reminded me of Rena. The acorn thing was kinda meh. But my favorite part was Victorique yelling for Kujo it actually made me cry for some reason.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Feb 27, 2011 12:14 AM

Sep 2010
psycho maid was the culprit.....
Feb 27, 2011 2:13 AM

Mar 2009
crazy maid ftw :)
Feb 27, 2011 6:50 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
Batshit maid setting fire everywhere at once was so lolz.
And strong loli is strong.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts about this episode.
God, it was actually pretty bad... I had no idea what the hell was going on in this arc, but that's most likely because I hardly pay attention to this show.
Feb 27, 2011 11:33 AM

Jun 2009
Rasco said:
Victorique is one strong girl seriously she held on to kujo from falling!!

also we all agree that Harminia was one crazy bitch

Amen! It freaked me out how she kept clawing at her eyes. Scratch a cornea why don't you.

I figured she was going to die anyway and when Ambrose told her to run then they heard glass break I thought she had fallen through a window...unfortunately that was not the case and there was more crazy to come.
Feb 27, 2011 11:38 AM

Nov 2010
Scratch one sociopath maid who is also a pyromaniac by the looks of it.
Feb 27, 2011 3:37 PM
Aug 2008
Ever since that maid looked at Victorique looking at the window I already knew she was the suspect, the cup of tea and eye-opening batcrazy thing reaffirms it.

Although, I have no idea why that oracle did some crazy fate shit thing like that. If you're going to give out fates, give one that won't make people freak out like shit about their future.

Also the fire thing, I suspected she might of gotten lots of oil spread over planned out or something, although her movement speed is quite agile given the circumstances that she was able to leave the room, find a torch, use a spear and extensively jump from roof to roof.

Near the end, I also thought why the hell didn't anybody help Kujo be pulled up. I knew right at the moment of the fire on the bridge scene (typical, cut the bridge, bridge explode, etc) that somebody will always almost fall down but gets save or the bad guys fall off or something and the protagonists have a shield around them preventing them from falling off and being able to save eachother or be washed ashore somehow.

Her theory of reverse psychology of the suspects somewhat made sense although them fighting over it and the extensive planning or elaborate planning of criminals kind of was somewhat far-fetched. I mostly try to take out logic when trying to find out some of these mysteries but she does seem to rationalize human behavior well in accordance to their circumstances. (ie : eyeball -> fear threat) Her tsundere archetype adds appeal as some would say. Nevertheless the episode was enjoyable to an extent.
Feb 27, 2011 9:44 PM

Nov 2008
So, Victorica`s mother is alive, and the maid was crazy for killing someone because of a fortune telling.
Feb 27, 2011 10:58 PM

Feb 2010
Crazy Maid is crazy.

Although this episode was very far-fetched... it was also epic.
Feb 27, 2011 11:25 PM

Nov 2008
I lucked out. I was busy the last few weeks and was not able to watch this show. I caught up on it tonight and I would of gone nuts if I had watched ep7 and had to wait a week for ep 8.
Feb 28, 2011 12:24 AM

Aug 2008
Crazy maid is crazy. The mysteries so far are kinda meh. They aren't bad but they lack a certain twist to it.
Feb 28, 2011 4:06 AM

Oct 2008
stickymochi said:
Also surprised by Victorique's strength.

Quite possibly an example of Hysterical strength?
Feb 28, 2011 6:39 AM

Oct 2010
cool episode, i guess it was that Victorique's mum talking on top of the hill with that man? just realized that this is actually a 24 ep series, AWESOME! :D
Feb 28, 2011 7:02 AM

Feb 2009
Second half of this episode was sooo deprived of any sense/logic that it almost hurt to watch... Just to show some touching scenes, which also were out of character by the way. This could have been done way better. "Hero" Grevil dashing past the defending, unarmed children, to get to the safe end of the bridge... then disappearing so that Victorique could play her part as super-strong-heroine... yeah, how nice of him. There were so many slip ups like that. I hope the rest of the series will be better and will go on at least at the level of previous episodes.

The first half wasn't bad though.
Feb 28, 2011 7:06 AM

Mar 2010
People try too damn hard to pick holes in this anime. I just watch it to be entertained, and so far it is entertaining.

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Feb 28, 2011 10:43 AM

Nov 2009
ryuu_zer0 said:
People try too damn hard to pick holes in this anime. I just watch it to be entertained, and so far it is entertaining.

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

If it was potemayo or binchou-tan it would have been fine. Or keroro gunso for that matter.
Aw well I guess I'll just to change mode then. Might as well just treat it as a lighthearted series.
Feb 28, 2011 11:57 AM

Nov 2008
darkzero999 said:
ryuu_zer0 said:

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

If it was potemayo or binchou-tan it would have been fine. Or keroro gunso for that matter.
Aw well I guess I'll just to change mode then. Might as well just treat it as a lighthearted series.

You have to turn your brain off and enjoy the characters and light but decent plot.

Feb 28, 2011 2:05 PM
Mar 2008
DoctorDoom said:
(if gold coins fell out of a clock I'm pretty sure most people would look at the place of origin first).

Yeah I wondered about that too...
This show is so flawed and nonsensical in its stories, and Victorica is simply broken, having access to the script... I'm just watching it for the interactions between Kujo and her.
Feb 28, 2011 2:19 PM

Jan 2009
This was a pretty interesting episode, and it seems as if Victorica's mother is still alive. Maybe with Brian Roscoe?
Feb 28, 2011 7:22 PM

Sep 2010
Interesting episode. The coins and the clock part was stupid. I would've looked at the where they fell from ._.
Feb 28, 2011 8:23 PM

Apr 2010
Ah, a nice closing to a nice arc. Next episode looks funny.

But what I got pissed off at is the ridiculous dialogue between Victorica and Kujou, too much screaming to go with it >.>

I had already suspected that the guy was the culprit, and that he was disguised as his poker buddy at the festival.

Kujou's fighting skills are so inconsistent >.> And it seems his eyes are really sensitive.

I have lots more to say but I can't be arsed so I'll stop here.

So I'm not too sure but Cordelia and that other guy are still alive?

But great Anime altogether so far, looking forward to Episode 9.
Feb 28, 2011 9:18 PM

Nov 2007
A couple questions,

How the hell was Victorique able to hold onto Kujo without being pulled off the edge herself? I mean seriously she can't way mor than 60 pounds.

Also where the hell was the inspector or that guy from the village when Victorique was desperately trying to save Kujo? lol
Mar 1, 2011 5:07 AM

Jan 2011
Though them explanation to the mysteries (especially the one regarding the three tourist) did kinda make me go huh?! the episode was great with all the action and she was able to prove Cordelia's innocence only to see her working with a possible antagonist. The fluff between the two and their development towards each other is really good too, but really. Friends? XD
Mar 1, 2011 7:31 AM

Oct 2008
Great episode but I'm curious as to how Victorica was able to grab Kujou when he was falling when earlier she had a lot of trouble picking up an empty chair. Love the show so far though.
Mar 1, 2011 7:46 AM
Jan 2011
Zensational said:
Great episode but I'm curious as to how Victorica was able to grab Kujou when he was falling when earlier she had a lot of trouble picking up an empty chair. Love the show so far though.

As Robz86 said it could be this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysterical_strength
It's like a spell with long cd :D
Mar 1, 2011 8:32 AM

Nov 2009
Hoppy said:
darkzero999 said:
ryuu_zer0 said:

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

You have to turn your brain off and enjoy the characters and light but decent plot.

It lacked the world renowned Japanese's attention to detail. Mystery stories should be full of detail.

Zensational said:

Call it adrenalin rush. You get to do amazing things when you are at that state.
darkzero999Mar 1, 2011 8:40 AM
Mar 1, 2011 9:03 AM

Oct 2009
Shadow_Strider said:

How the hell was Victorique able to hold onto Kujo without being pulled off the edge herself? I mean seriously she can't way mor than 60 pounds.

Also where the hell was the inspector or that guy from the village when Victorique was desperately trying to save Kujo? lol

She was probably holding on to a rock or something.

They were probably already on their way home lol.
Mar 1, 2011 9:12 AM
Feb 2009
hell the cliches are all over the places... nvm... nvm... i will just pretend that i didnt notice...

hmm... now that Cordelia's innocent had been proved, does this mean Victorique is free to leave the school anytime?
oblivious is a bliss
Mar 1, 2011 11:01 AM

Jun 2008
What the fuck was that? This must have been the most ridiculous episode yet. "Yeah, I'll let this 13-year-old boy try to protect my kid sister from a psychotic murderer as I, a fully-grown adult, run on by. And I won't lift a finger to help my sister save that same boy from falling to his death."

I don't think I can take any more of this show.
Mar 1, 2011 11:56 AM

Mar 2010
koleare said:
Well, the whole mystery felt like it was too easy ^^'
Anyway, this show is rivaling imo with Mahou Shoujo for the first place of this season. I love them both and both keep me well entertained. Dunno bout' how others think though.
For starters, this episode was great...
Character development feels crucial. I may be the only one who sees it this way, but this show presents mysteries just for character development...it sort of gives the same feeling as Macross Frontier to be exact :D

DenjaX said:
The only thing I found this episode stupid is when no one helped Victorique saving Kujo's ass xDD

Ehh, I think no one helped her because they might've been in Kujo's state. Nausea caused by smoke and lack of air...
Also, yeah, I wasn't expecting for Cordelia to be alive. The OP scenes might be seen in the next episodes and from what was shown, Victorique will be taken by her 'family'...
Anyway, the preview to the next episode looks...cute xD
Can't wait for it :D

no duh, they were perfectly out of the burning bridge for damn long, especially the cone hair dude. guess the animators were too lazy
Geso
-----:D
Mar 1, 2011 12:26 PM

Jul 2010
Damn, Harminia is one crazy bitch! O_O
As many others here, I suspected her from the beginning. Didn't suspect Derek for the other murders though. I wonder how Harminia managed to light those house up so quickly though. they were pretty far apart! xD

Ending was cliché, but still very cute. I wonder what the next arc will be like!

Mar 1, 2011 2:39 PM
Oct 2007
I'm enjoying the show without any deep thinking toward episode like this week.. looking forward to vitorique wearing a kimono next week!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

518 by BlueishDesert »»
Yesterday, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.