Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 26, 2011 8:19 AM

Sep 2008
Monad said:
Vento was kind of disappointing in this episode. For all her cocky talk i expected to see more than that, although i do understand that some unknown factor seems to have affected her.
At least accelerator went on a rampage making-up for it. The episode was generally quite good even if i expected something more.

I can't get over the stupidity of the whole thing though. Seriously Vento, if your main purpose is to kill Touma then throw away that stupid staff and get a fucking gun. Let's see his magic hand trying to stop a bullet.
Yes all those magic users may do well against other people with guns but in Touma's case if the catholic church wants him dead then the usual sniper assassin with his gun will make a lot better job. Touma gets out of his apartment one morning, our hired gun sits on the rooftop of the building across and as our dear Touma walks you hear a sound and then Touma's body falling over lifeless with a bullet threw his head. Can't get more simple than that. Actually that fucking shit will work on most of the people in this anime so why to they send all this magic bullshitters that are only good at making a lot of chaos but suck at getting results.
Fuck it, leave Touma to me. I don't even need a gun to kill the little twit. Is so easy to kill him that is ridiculous. How incompetent can they be?

That doesn't happen for the same reason no one ever just shoots Bruce Banner in the face when he's not hulked out. Just how these things work.
Feb 26, 2011 9:06 AM

Dec 2010
Accelerator, being as awesome as usual, mercilessly shooting a woman on the face and decided to crush her. Seriously, I love him too much that you could call me a masochist <3
And, heck, what the hell did he do to them?! He's seriously way too amazing.

And talk about masochist, Vento is one hell of a sadist, though she was god's right seat xD And I missed Tsuchimikado <3
Misaka and Kuroko ruined the whole awesome fighting scenes T___T
LOL'd at Kihara's plain-ness of ordering his men to kill someone so easily xDDD
Feb 26, 2011 9:33 AM
Dec 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

-Could Kihara's gun be the legendary pea/apple mini nuke one shot rifle based on the reaction of it explosion that it caused?

Aezile said:
Answer no. 1 : It's a portable anti-tank missile, nobody knows about the details but most likely it suited for combat.

If anyones still interested in what was, I looked up anti-tank rockets on wikipedia and found this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerfaust_3
Feb 26, 2011 9:41 AM

May 2010
Somehow the way accelerator kill those hound dogs makes me feel this episode like a horror movie not that i hate it !
Feb 26, 2011 10:35 AM

Jul 2009
Magic missiles instead of what I imagined were wind blades leaves me somewhat disappointed.

Other than that, great episode.
Feb 26, 2011 10:50 AM

Oct 2010
LordRandus said:
Yumekichi11 said:

-Could Kihara's gun be the legendary pea/apple mini nuke one shot rifle based on the reaction of it explosion that it caused?

Aezile said:
Answer no. 1 : It's a portable anti-tank missile, nobody knows about the details but most likely it suited for combat.
If anyones still interested in what was, I looked up anti-tank rockets on wikipedia and found this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerfaust_3Pretty cool, so much for me thinking it was something else at that time. The blast was kind over the top from how it looked like but then again it was just my vision interpretation. This is really cool because this anti-tank RPG can be fired from a lot of spots that would not be possible since the recoil of it is minimal to 0.
Aezile said:
Okay here comes the questions;

Please if you're going to tell facts and it wasn't showed in any part of the anime, put it under the spoiler, that's why there's a spoiler button

Yumekichi11 said:

-Could Kihara's gun be the legendary pea/apple mini nuke one shot rifle based on the reaction of it explosion that it caused? Also what did Vento use to stop it? Some kind of wind power?
-OK WTF is going with: Aiho looking at a pic of Vento, only to have some pulse like thing and falling KO from the looks of her eyes? Same applies to Uiharu here.
-What is this machine? How does it work exactly?
-Is the dropped wallet Touma's or Last Order? Not sure of that.
-Although I loved seeing Tsuchimikado investigating the bead bodies I don't get why he came to a certain place, that has sudden pikes coming out of the ground? What was that light figure? So confusing. Thank you for anyone who take their time on this. First time really confused in this episode about those things.

I'm going to mimic Sasha's way of speaking here:

Answer No. 2 on Q1: It wasn't stated on the novels but you can imagine what happened in there, don't apply any science theories or speculations here, remember that she's from the Magic side.

So she just dispelled it? OK but still to have a blast engulf her only to use magical properties to dispel is quite interesting itself.

Answer No. 3 on Q2: Her ability/power as a member of God's Right Seat
Answer No. 4 on Q3: It's some radar detecting equipment, they're doing….

Answer No. 5 on Q5:

REMEMBER, PUT IT UNDER SPOILER!
OK then I will answer in bold format under those spoilers
Yumekichi11Feb 26, 2011 11:02 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 26, 2011 11:36 AM

Mar 2010
Crazy episode! Lots of blood, gore, and action. Something we haven't seen much in this series, so it was nice catching a bit of that. On the other hand, I felt like everyone got cut short at some part and now I'm left asking a billion and one questions! The preview looked just as grimy and intense as this episode, so I have my expectations! Looking forward to the next!
Feb 26, 2011 11:42 AM

Jul 2010
Episode felt rushed compared to LN. I guess that's what happens when they try to squeeze 1/10 of the whole God's Right Seat arc in 3-4 episodes...
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Feb 26, 2011 12:55 PM

May 2009
LordRandus said:
If anyones still interested in what was, I looked up anti-tank rockets on wikipedia and found this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerfaust_3

Thanks for that :D
Yumekichi11 said:

You misunderstood it, it clearly showed in the anime and said in the subs that someone set it and people who's just standing still will be stabbed by it, it's already an ingenous attack for people who doesn't know magic, precisely AC residents..

about the white thing, it can be explained through more Tsuchimikado scenes which surely be showed next week, i think?

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Feb 26, 2011 12:57 PM
Dec 2007
13man18 said:
Theres so many situations happening. There's uh God's right hand seat (I think that's wrong, the person with the piercings)
You aren't wrong, Vento of the Front is part of the Roman Catholic's God's Right Hand Seat.

Feb 26, 2011 1:04 PM

Nov 2009
lol, Touma was unfortuneately lame this episode as well. Why they hell did Vento go off running 0,0
Feb 26, 2011 1:07 PM

Feb 2010
Accelerator is going to be my new fav char in this series. That point-blank headshot was beautiful.
A Vento vs Accelerator showdown would be nice indeed as Touma is not skilled enough to serve Vento's punishment...
Feb 26, 2011 2:14 PM

Aug 2009
accelerator loves to murder
Feb 26, 2011 2:43 PM

Sep 2008
Okay, I've put together a bunch of quotes from the novels with important details that weren't included, or in some cases that are just much cooler in the novel and/or weren't adapted very well, for anyone interested. Bakatsuki seems to be down, so I used the copy on my hard drive. It's a few edits out of date.

So, Touma first discovers the unconscious members of skill-out.

Accelerator sends Index off for the battery.

Gonna move to some unnecessary but cool ones for a moment, then coming back to stuff I'd consider important. So, first is Aleister's reaction to the call from Vento.

Accelerator has a talk with his driver before separating.

Heaven Canceler's badass speech.

The woman we saw Accelerator kill (one of my fave accel moments alongside his escape from hound dog earlier)

And now back to an important one. A scene that was left out, with one of the surviving members of the platoon of Hound Dog's that were hunting Accel.

I'd also strongly recommend reading the Vento fight to anyone who will listen, as they turned one of the more awesome fights of the series into one of the crappiest, but that was more material than seemed appropriate for a single post.

Edit: Made a blog post with the Vento fight.
GanglerFeb 26, 2011 4:39 PM
Feb 26, 2011 2:45 PM

Jan 2008
damn Accelerator woottt!!!
Gun + Accelerator
Feb 26, 2011 2:49 PM

Apr 2010
Seeing a anime of JC staff get so bloody is surprising normally there pretty innocent.

About this episode it was great i really enjoyed watching it.
Tho the episode was mostly filled with violence tho Not to mention the bloody ending.
Accelerator seems to be back to his old self again and is seriously pissed judging by the way how he took out his opponent's.
His way of getting in that car was brilliant and i like the way how he abused that driver, he didn't seem very thankful for Index help tho.
Even if it wasn't much.
The doctor giving him a warning and telling him about what his objective should be was also interesting to see i didn't expect that reaction from the doctor nor that reaction from Accelerator.
The fact that Accelerator became a wanted criminal brings bad news and i wonder if he can get away with what he has done, he got a way with it in the past but that doesn't mean he can get away with it now.
i think he will run into Touma at some point during this arc and i think it could be very interesting i hope they end up working together.

I wonder if Touma will be able to catch up with Last Order since he sent her off for her own safety and the threat has stopped for the time being.
His fight with Vento was pretty nice and seeing Imagine Breaker at work never gets boring plus the sound is awesome.

It seems that Vento's magic takes a heavy toll on her body which makes me wonder how much she sacrificed to option that power.
I think that personality wise Vento is allot like Accelerator that obsessive insanity the joy they achieve from using there powers when fighting others and the laugh they make with it.
It's just very similar which suggests that both of them really don't have allot of enemy's they fear or need to fear.
A form of power unmatched by most people.
Tho there personality's are also there downfall ones they face a opponent that does match there power or knows there weakness.
There personality is partly there weakness.

Last order being able to open security locks that easily proves that she shares allot with the Misaka network even tho she is never around them.
And seems to have a different personality from them.
It also proves that she is very useful to have around and not just a useless brat like Accelerator claims her to be.
Feb 26, 2011 3:24 PM

Aug 2008
So anyone who looks at Ventus of the Front will be unconscious? Excuse me while I go unconscious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2011 5:43 PM
Dec 2007
CkretAznMan said:
So anyone who looks at Ventus of the Front will be unconscious? Excuse me while I go unconscious.
Everyone who looks at her with ill intent. That's why she was amused that Touma's Imagine Breaker allowed him to remain conscious even though he wanted to punch her square in the face.

Feb 27, 2011 12:12 AM

Apr 2008
Seto_Akari said:
neji64plms said:
Maybe we should've had a show about Accelerator?

To Aru Kagaku no Accelerator = Win

You mean something like this?:
desolatoFeb 28, 2011 11:22 AM
Feb 27, 2011 5:55 AM

Oct 2009
Accelerator got his fun.
Feb 27, 2011 6:37 AM

Oct 2010
Aezile said:
Yumekichi11 said:

You misunderstood it, it clearly showed in the anime and said in the subs that someone set it and people who's just standing still will be stabbed by it, it's already an ingenous attack for people who doesn't know magic, precisely AC residents..

It still goes back for this to have the purpose of killing someone while they are KO. Someone setting them up just goes back to his purpose of killing people in Academy City.
Aezile said:
about the white thing, it can be explained through more Tsuchimikado scenes which surely be showed next week, i think?
I am hoping it will.

Feb 27, 2011 11:42 AM

Nov 2010
Note to self if your in Hound Dog don't pick a fight with Accelerator if you value your life even one bit...Why the hell did Vento retreat, is she reacting to something that makes her cough out blood...odd.
Feb 27, 2011 2:13 PM

Sep 2008
Nibbles335 said:
Note to self if your in Hound Dog don't pick a fight with Accelerator if you value your life even one bit...Why the hell did Vento retreat, is she reacting to something that makes her cough out blood...odd.

She ran away because Accelerator was looming behind touma. He's just a bit slow. Hasn't noticed yet:P
Feb 27, 2011 6:10 PM

Oct 2010
Gangler said:
Nibbles335 said:

She ran away because Accelerator was looming behind touma. He's just a bit slow. Hasn't noticed yet:P
Ha! So Vento cannot do anything against Accelerator? ROFL!

Feb 27, 2011 11:15 PM

Jun 2010
FINALLY!
I was waiting for something to happen along the lines of 'Magic and Science' colliding.

This, is going to get interesting.
Can't wait for bubbly jar-man to get some action.
Feb 28, 2011 12:18 AM
Oct 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Gangler said:
Nibbles335 said:

Ha! So Vento cannot do anything against Accelerator? ROFL!

Personally, I think that if Accelerator fought against Vento, he would lose. People here are seriously underestimating her... not that I can blame them, it's not clearly shown what she can do.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Feb 28, 2011 2:43 AM

Sep 2008
LordRandus said:

Lol, a weapon developed in the early 90's? I thought for the 20xx year Gakuentoshi he would use something more futuristic :P
entauri.deviantart.com

Feb 28, 2011 3:46 AM

Aug 2008
Yay for bloodthirsty Accelerator. :3
I like how he just slaughtered the Hound Dogs.
Feb 28, 2011 7:17 AM

Jun 2010
Kazejimonji said:
You mean something like this?:
Something like that. Really need a show about Accelerator alone without Index and her annoying magic side messing around like To Aru Kagaku no Railgun.
desolatoFeb 28, 2011 11:23 AM
Feb 28, 2011 9:40 AM
Dec 2007
Ajunky said:

Personally, I think that if Accelerator fought against Vento, he would lose. People here are seriously underestimating her... not that I can blame them, it's not clearly shown what she can do.
Yes he would lose, but mostly because he can't fight with her to begin with. He would fall unconcious. Also, do we know if Accelerator's shield can reverse magical attacks too? Seriously, people understimate the amount of Deux Ex that is the Imagine Breaker mostly because it's such a simple-looking "nullyfy anything" power. But he can stop ANYTHING, that is overpowered in and of itself.
Leon-GunFeb 28, 2011 9:44 AM

Feb 28, 2011 12:14 PM
Jan 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Yes he would lose, but mostly because he can't fight with her to begin with. He would fall unconcious. Also, do we know if Accelerator's shield can reverse magical attacks too? Seriously, people understimate the amount of Deux Ex that is the Imagine Breaker mostly because it's such a simple-looking "nullyfy anything" power. But he can stop ANYTHING, that is overpowered in and of itself.
Yes accelerator would definitely lose to Vento. Yes touma can stop anything thats "supernatural" though depending on how strong it is or how continuos it is, is a factor also.
desolatoMar 2, 2011 2:51 AM
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Feb 28, 2011 1:50 PM
Dec 2007
IndexFanboy214 said:
Yes touma can stop anything thats "supernatural" though depending on how strong it is or how continuos it is, is a factor also.
Ah yes, true enough, it's been shown that a huge amount of spells will result in one of them getting through, plus he can be hit by the enviromental objects that splash around after a spell hits the ground. And he can't stop regular weapons as shown in season 1 when the alchemist cut his arm right off. Touma should really get some weapons. xD

Feb 28, 2011 1:59 PM

Sep 2008
entauri said:
LordRandus said:

Lol, a weapon developed in the early 90's? I thought for the 20xx year Gakuentoshi he would use something more futuristic :P

Don't fix what isn't broken eh? I'm sure it explodes in Gakuin Toshi as well as it does anywhere else;)

Plus, Gakuin Toshi is only about thirty years farther than us technologically. So they've got lots of futuristic stuff, because they have all the stuff that's not ready for mass production, but aside from their stellar leaps in the field of genetic engineering, it's nothing to get too worked up about.

For example they have all the cleaning robots, but as we've witnessed they still have a whole lot of problems to work past. It's why the rest of the world doesn't have them. It's primarily stuff like that.

Railgun had that robot, and then the robotic exoskeleton, which I didn't feel quite fit with the overall technological level of the city, but even this seems excusable to me since we've only seen evidence of one being built. It's probably a ridiculously impractical and expensive beast she put together for her mad quest. The inflexibility of the robot, its' inability to really be utilized without causing massive property destruction, and the fact that it only seemed to have a single method of attack, which was predictable, slow, and linear, I think supports this. We really didn't see the exoskeleton do anything she couldn't have done with a specially designed gun, so I'm inclined to believe that this wasn't as impressive as its' appearance would suggest either.

Plus, with the controversial nature of how Railgun even relates to the main story, if its' even on the same timeline and such, that single episode can be dismissed pretty easily.
Feb 28, 2011 3:46 PM
Nov 2010
I just love Accelerator's maniac laughing
Feb 28, 2011 5:25 PM

Sep 2008
-Vid said:
oh. my. god. So amazing. Accelerator. Win. Win win win. His laugh is so awesome, his pwnage was so awesome. All the blood and slaughtering feels so weird in Index, but it'S just so great. gah. :)

Touma's part was a little repetetive, not a whole lot of action in that fight.. but still nice I guess. ;o

Lol. Repetitive and action free. If I wasn't sure they'd butchered the fight before I am now. Sweet mother of all that is holy, how did they turn the high octane fight with civilian lives in the balance, the one that left the area scarred from the force of their fighting, the one in which Touma barely managed to walk out in one piece, and many nearby innocents were severely injured despite his best efforts. How on God's green earth did they set out to adapt this fight, and come out with the results they did. Fucking tragic.
Mar 1, 2011 8:04 PM

Apr 2007
Very awesome episode. I cant wait for the next one. Seriously, where is it?!?

Accelerator was win and MISAKA was cute as hell. So much awesomeness...
Blergh.
Mar 2, 2011 4:28 AM

Oct 2009
Ack.. someone in the anime is stealing my name.. xD

Mar 3, 2011 11:51 AM

Nov 2008
I'm retracting my statement from yesterday, as I wasn't feeling well, but remember to keep the discussion of an original work (manga and/or light novel) in a thread that is meant for its adaptation (anime), to a mimimum. I'm not asking you guys to do it for me; you're doing it for the other users. Thanks. I'm out.
Mar 4, 2011 8:56 PM

Aug 2010
This episode had me on the edge of my freaking seat!! And it just made me realize that its almost over.. ;_;
Mar 5, 2011 2:33 PM

Aug 2009
Another great episode.
Why did Index II suddenly get good towards the end of the series? It's like JC Staff thought "Hmm, maybe we should put some work into this adaption now!".
But oh well, I don't think these awesome episodes can save this show. I most likely won't rate it higher than a 6, this season was just so disappointing.

Anyway, 5/5 for this episode. Now, onwards to the next one.
Mar 7, 2011 1:35 AM

Mar 2011
accelerator's powers intimidate me so much that i actually feel more sympathy for a lunatic villain (arguably more deserving) receiving a punch from him than a low level grunt (arguably less deserving) receiving a point blank gunshot from him.
Mar 18, 2011 2:25 PM

Jul 2010
Accelerator was rampaging pretty heavy again. Killing dozens of people and in pretty gruesome ways too boot. So now Accelerator is on the wanted list as well.

Come on Touma, yank that cross off her tongue! Looks like it's going to happen seeing the preview of the next one.

Hopefully Touma and Accelerator will finally meet again in this arc.

Apr 7, 2011 6:20 PM

Mar 2011
Oh yeah, its on now!
Jan 9, 2012 5:54 AM

Oct 2011
Vanisher said:
i would rate this 9 or even 10 if i could ignore the first 16 episodes.

Yeah, pretty much this.

Also, it's about time science and magic actually crossed paths. C:
Feb 14, 2012 6:08 PM

Jan 2012
people starting to pass out one by one. damn what kind of sorcery is this?!

vento the front appears! it's kind of disturbing because of the cross chained to her tongue. but why is she blood puke (kind of?)? is it because she used magics? that means she is espers? damn kind of confused LOL

accelerator back to his frenzy mode. killing people in those bloody scene. i like him when he is like that wwwww

and the next episode accelerator will be more frenzy i think. versus Kihara!!! the sisters are going back to action!.. plus misaka going to show off her skills. keep watching...
Feb 17, 2012 9:45 PM

Jul 2010
you know what, forget commenting properly, i just wanna know what happens NOW!!

May 3, 2012 4:47 AM
Dec 2010
woah, this is a mess . Accelerator went on bloody rampage . I'd somewhat preferred more of screen time with Touma, considering it's almost ending. Also when are those two gonna meet again ffs :D
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jun 8, 2012 10:37 PM

Jul 2011
hmm why didn't they just cut out that Italy arc and stretch out these eps to show everything (yeah yeah I know then things wouldn't make as much sense and agnase wouldn't make sense, but man these eps are so much better).
Jan 8, 2013 9:37 AM

Jun 2009
Wow, Accelerator was awesome. Damn, I could have probably watched an entire episode of him dismantling Hound Dog.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 21, 2013 4:16 PM

Apr 2012
Like a lot of people here, I am enjoying this arc quite a bit more than the previous ones. The thing that I like about this so far is that it is involving a larger set of characters than usual. I know that, as the main character, Touma is bound to receive a lot of focus; however, it has always seemed like a shame that they force him to carry the series when there are a lot of interesting members of the cast that are sorely underused. So, it's a nice change of pace to see things like Accelerator get the spotlight and be a very different type of protagonist than Touma.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2010

251 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 29, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

236 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.