Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 24, 2011 2:57 PM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

I loved Merry's line, "If the whole world turn into a day dream, who's going to make the donuts?" It reminded me of a quote from Keroro, "If the earth is conquered by the aliens, who's going to make the gunplas?

Seriously, this show should be renamed "Donutkui Merry" -_-;;

Yui's my favorite side-character in Yumekui Merry :)

Feb 24, 2011 3:44 PM

Oct 2008
Merry's addiction to donuts is slowly melting my stone heart.
For some reason, Isana is one of my favourite characters. Can't really pinpoint why? Anyone else have this view?
Feb 24, 2011 7:09 PM

Jul 2010
stevewiess01 said:

I loved Merry's line, "If the whole world turn into a day dream, who's going to make the donuts?"
Seriously, this show should be renamed "Donutkui Merry"
Merry and the donuts is just awesome. I don't even really care for donuts, but now I want one. Happens everytime I watch this show... ^_^;;

Donut Eater Merry... has a nice ring to it!

Omniknight said:
Merry's addiction to donuts is slowly melting my stone heart.
For some reason, Isana is one of my favourite characters. Can't really pinpoint why? Anyone else have this view?
I like her, but she's not my favorite. Merry's my favorite while Play and Yumeji are tied for second place. Oh wait.. I forgot about John Doe. Uhm... he's tied for second place with them. Tee-hee. :P
As for Isana, she's cute!

So, who else thinks that the teacher is acting suspicious? The way he took Isana away from Yumeji started my suspicions, and the way looks in the preview makes him seem even worse.

We meet yet another wacky underling of Pharos Elcres. At first I thought he was Elcres. Glad he's not. I'm getting my hopes too high for our evil lord. I don't know if he'll be able to top the awesomeness that is Chaser John Doe...
Feb 24, 2011 7:49 PM

Feb 2008
I like the voice actor of Yui so she also one of my favorite side characters.

Hehe Moe Moe .

Whatever Isana also kind of my favorite too. xD

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 24, 2011 7:51 PM

Jan 2010
I like that this show actually has plot, I really haven't seen many others this season...It's getting pretty interesting, too.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Feb 24, 2011 7:52 PM

Sep 2007
Sooo... Treesea is the teacher's dream demon?
Feb 24, 2011 7:56 PM

Jun 2010
Finally, i wanted to see who would be playing Landsborough's voice, but I'm a little disappointed. I kind of figured it would be a little more...how do I say this...playful I guess because of his circus surroundings. Although it is kinda like that, I wished it was a little more like his character.

Feb 24, 2011 8:20 PM

Feb 2011
"...who will make the donuts." God that's an instant lol line for me. I was expecting a fight but I didn't realize how close to the end of the episode I was. It's nice that Play apologized. I didn't really suspect the teacher for anything but I did suspect the vessel as soon as I saw him (obvious I know).
Feb 24, 2011 8:23 PM

Feb 2008
Omniknight said:

Hair ribbons.
Feb 24, 2011 8:28 PM

Jun 2010
Merry was super cute when she had her doughnuts ;]
The guy at the end had an interesting personalty
and why don't the subbers call "Play" "Engi?" I mean, they don't call someone with the name of "Ai," "love" (from gg subs)

grrr, when two dream demons finally team up against "bad" ones, it turns into suspense!
Iilia said:

So, who else thinks that the teacher is acting suspicious? The way he took Isana away from Yumeji started my suspicions, and the way looks in the preview makes him seem even worse.

I thought that too and maybe the teacher is Pharos Elcres?
Feb 24, 2011 8:32 PM

May 2009
I love the idea for this show, but in my opinion it think it could have gone a little better.
But I love Play and Merry!
Feb 24, 2011 8:53 PM

Apr 2010
They're not even trying to hide that this show is only about Merrys midriff. Look at the forest scene at about 5 minutes in. When Merry talks, all they show is her midriff

Feb 24, 2011 9:12 PM

Feb 2008
i guess the curtain is about to rise on this..... still though it just doesn't sound right to refer to her as Play.
Feb 24, 2011 9:14 PM

Nov 2008
Wasabi said:
Sooo... Treesea is the teacher's dream demon?
^There's no other candidates for that so I guess it's him... It could be Kawanami but her eyes were different from Treesea. I wonder what kind of dream demon she has xDD

LOL at Yui's grandfather and her father xDD

This is getting interesting, can't wait for next one

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 24, 2011 9:17 PM
Sep 2009
On ep 7 he jump with his left leg supporting, in ep 8 he feels pain in the right one...am right or I missed something?
Feb 24, 2011 10:53 PM

Jun 2009
BrooklynBearJew said:

I'm also sensing something like this from that teacher.
Feb 24, 2011 11:36 PM

Sep 2008
I still prefer Pon de Lion over that donut dog.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2011 11:41 PM

Sep 2009
I was so looking forward to an epic battle but the episode ended before it could happen.
Feb 25, 2011 1:54 AM

May 2009
-Quasar said:
BrooklynBearJew said:

He can't be Pharos, because the teacher is an anime-original character, while Pharos isn't. He could very well be Seatree though, since she is an anime-original character too. And the teacher was at the beach last episode too.
Feb 25, 2011 2:23 AM

Jan 2009
It's sad how the only actually great seiyuu in this is Chizuru's.
The only thing I really feel like mentioning, would be that Yui's family is... weirder than most other families.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 25, 2011 3:00 AM

Dec 2009
Good episode, to bad its moving futher away from the manga's storyline. Hopefully this season will have an open ending that will allow for a season 2 that continue's the manga's overall plotline.
Feb 25, 2011 3:51 AM

Aug 2010
Since everyone discussing their favorites in this show I would have to go Merry first and Tachibana second.

Anyways, it was cool to see kind of a team up in this episode. I guess Pharos is really just trying to take over the real world. I would think he knows something about Merry since she was able to get out of the dream world somehow so there might be a connection between the two.
Feb 25, 2011 4:56 AM
Dec 2010
This week's episode was alright, though nothing out of the ordinary.

I guess next week will be some fighting, then arguing between Engi (I still refuse to call her "Play")/Yui and Merry/Yumeji - After which they form a team for now. Hoping for an open ending that leaves space for a second season, because the anime does fairly well so far imo.
Feb 25, 2011 6:33 AM

Oct 2010
ahhh great episode, as i think i have mentioned every post, i think i am in love with the ED!
Feb 25, 2011 6:51 AM

Jul 2010
Great episode. Good to have Yui back. Engi apologizing to Yumeji and keeps on saying there's no way to return to the Dream World, but there must be. At first I though Kawanami was Treesea, but now it looks like it could be the teacher instead. And what about Akiyanagi then?

Moral of this episode: "If the whole world turn into a day dream, who's going to make the donuts?" o.o

Feb 25, 2011 6:55 AM

Apr 2008
BrooklynBearJew said:
and why don't the subbers call "Play" "Engi?" I mean, they don't call someone with the name of "Ai," "love" (from gg subs)
Especially because Engi's name is not 演技 as in theatrical play but is 縁起, the Japanese word for her sister's name. The author did mention that in the character design note page... so kind of weird if the subbers would missed it.
Besides, Engi's second name is "Garden"

But, maybe they got things mixed up. Just guessing, after all, they started calling "Jyuukai" Mistletain as tree sea, so trying to be consistent with it :D
nseikaFeb 25, 2011 9:19 AM
Feb 25, 2011 8:34 AM

Nov 2009
Yui's family was awesome. For some reason i like Yui, but the fact that we know Isana is about to have her dream eaten is making things tense. Just make it happen already! !!!

No battle, but we got dounts.
Feb 25, 2011 9:22 AM

Feb 2010
Fishy teacher is fishy.

I liked the circus Dream Demon.
Feb 25, 2011 9:37 AM

Nov 2008
Yeah, who will make the dounuts? xD

Good episode
DuroDeMatarFeb 25, 2011 9:41 AM
Feb 25, 2011 9:48 AM

Jul 2008
I agree Merry. I love donuts too LOL
Feb 25, 2011 10:37 AM

Aug 2010
I wanted more Isana - Yumeji moments :|

Feb 25, 2011 10:53 AM

Apr 2010
Based on a response by GG's lead, I remember they said that the puns with her name regarding theater stuff doesn't "work in english" using Engi, but does with Play

I still think its better to keep her original name though

Feb 25, 2011 10:56 AM

Jul 2009
Yui's speech style is just adorable
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 25, 2011 11:46 AM

Apr 2010
wheresthehandle said:
Yui's speech style is just adorable
Yui is Adorable in general she is just great and allot of fun to watch.
To make things even better judging from the preview we will have both Yui and Treesea next week which should make it a very nice episode as well.

About this episode.
I somehow figured out that the blond guy was possessed by a dream demon just by the way he looked at Yumeji and he was also in last weeks episode.
I wonder why his dream demon pulled both Engi and Merry to his dream world was he that confident they would join him or so arrogant to think he can kill them both?
And when will Pharos Elcres make his appearance when will we learn something about his objectives?

And what will happen to Isana now she talked about her dream to the teacher?
It seemed to be something very importuned i don't think Chizuru would have warned her other wise.
AversaFeb 25, 2011 12:30 PM
Feb 25, 2011 12:31 PM

Jun 2008
viral_hun said:
-Quasar said:
BrooklynBearJew said:

He can't be Pharos, because the teacher is an anime-original character, while Pharos isn't. He could very well be Seatree though, since she is an anime-original character too. And the teacher was at the beach last episode too.

Yeah thanks a lot for ruining it for us dude. Does the no manga discussion up there means anything to you?
So now we know why he wanted to learn the dreams. His Seatree.

Anyway the episode felt short. I didn't realize we didn't have time for the battle. So Marry and Engi together should be more than enough to kick this demons ass. Don't want to see any bullshit here like him fighting equally with two powerful dream demons.

Btw did anyone notice that the guys with the dream demon at the donut shop are the same that were on the beach last episode?
Feb 25, 2011 1:19 PM

Sep 2010
I loved the scenes were Merry was eating donuts <3
Feb 25, 2011 2:05 PM

Jan 2009
I'm really starting to like Yui as a character, but I'm ehh about the main plotline still.
Feb 25, 2011 2:17 PM

Nov 2008
Its finally getting interesting. But I thought that this episode might just focus on the other girl for now but this new dream demon I imagine that we will soon know who is behind the attacks.

I'll be looking forward to next week's episode.
Feb 25, 2011 2:29 PM

Nov 2007
I don't know why but I don't trust the teacher. Something just seems off about him.

Maybe he's Heracles's vessel and he's using the future job thing to locate people with dreams for his followers to take over.
Feb 25, 2011 2:35 PM

Jun 2007
Love the episode merry eating donuts is so lovely. But yeah that teacher if QB wasn't in the same season the teacher would look more evil. But yeah where else wiould the lighthouse be than in a school where the students have dreams for him to give to his dream demon pals. But yeah engi merry team up should be great.
Feb 25, 2011 3:58 PM

Feb 2010
OH NOEZ! THA DONUTS!

Now seriously: donuts are hilarious. And also, there practically happened nothing the whole episode and it ended with a cliffhanger.

I liked it anyways.
Feb 25, 2011 4:19 PM

Apr 2008
dancu said:
Love the episode merry eating donuts is so lovely. But yeah that teacher if QB wasn't in the same season the teacher would look more evil. But yeah where else wiould the lighthouse be than in a school where the students have dreams for him to give to his dream demon pals. But yeah engi merry team up should be great.
Isn't it the other way around ? The dream demons are the dreams itself; like in Serio's case, she helped the girl with her dream to become nurse.
It's yet to be seen if someone who had their dream killed can find another dream to fill in the hole left after that.

But well, if he did have an evil dream demon inside, seems like he's the same type as Engi and Yui (both have same point of view and he shared his body willingfully)

Aversa said:
I wonder why his dream demon pulled both Engi and Merry to his dream world was he that confident they would join him or so arrogant to think he can kill them both?
That pierrot is childish compared to most other dream demons... over confident and looking down too much on his opponents. The type that usually wont last long in battle without lots of wits and lucks ^^;;

Monad said:
Yeah thanks a lot for ruining it for us dude. Does the no manga discussion up there means anything to you?
Since it's ruined anyway... wasn't there also suspicious teacher character in the comic version ?
Or just my memories got mixed up between both
Never realized he's anime only character.

But possibility is open actually. For example, Chizuru is anime original, but there is a demon with the same eye in the comic. Besides, with things still kept secret by the author (like Elcrest' body), there's not just a few cases where the anime script team be creative and make their own ending.
nseikaFeb 25, 2011 6:19 PM
Feb 25, 2011 4:45 PM
Dec 2007
Amazing episode. From comedy to fantasy and mystery, dialogues to character development and fantastic direction, it had everything.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 25, 2011 6:19 PM

Apr 2008
Yumeji: Ah... natsukashii...
*LoL*

BTW, the Garden sisters, in that other world :D
Feb 25, 2011 6:30 PM

Nov 2007
yeah the teacher has seemed suspicious for a while. wanting to know everyone's dream like this just makes it easier.... the battle should be fun next time
Feb 25, 2011 6:51 PM

Jul 2009
Yui is pretty cool :P
Lala ... so ... well, nothing much to say really. The teacher is kind of suspicious but I like him too :P
Another battle coming up ... yep ... er, hope it's interesting. The new guy seems interesting, his daydream looks pretty cool at least
Feb 25, 2011 7:03 PM

Sep 2009
The teacher has been seeming pretty suspicious, as everyone else said. xD Even though he's apparently an anime-only character I'll bet that he has a pretty big role to play in all this.
Feb 25, 2011 7:32 PM

Jan 2011
BrooklynBearJew said:
Merry was super cute when she had her doughnuts ;]
The guy at the end had an interesting personalty

grrr, when two dream demons finally team up against "bad" ones, it turns into suspense!
Iilia said:

i been thinking hes supicious from the very first time i saw him,him and that blonde guy that always writes quotes something about those two that i just don't trust.
Feb 26, 2011 12:03 AM

Aug 2010
Why did the trafic lights sound like ambulances? o_o

Other than that; good ep.. Can't wait for next one.
Feb 26, 2011 1:34 AM

Sep 2010
Yui was so HNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Jan 6, 2011

189 by Limi »»
Jan 6, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 7, 2011

180 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blackbird - Mar 31, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:25 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

97 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2011

86 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.