Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 24, 2011 7:50 PM

Aug 2009
hellfiredragon said:
I would like to propose a theory based on this comment. You are correct that witches are born from curses, but it could be summized from Sayaka's "Wish" that all wishes are curses in a sense and as such, the theory becomes Witches are born from Wishes. Therefore Kyubey/Incubator's comments at the end that Mahou Shoujo are immature witches much like children are immature adults holds true, no matter what you wish for, it will eventually backfire and curse your existance, and you will eventually become a witch. Long ass theory over.

It's things like this that led me to see this story as the Fall of Man and loss of innocence as opposed to the earlier Faustian corollaries.
Ha-cha!
Feb 24, 2011 7:50 PM
Feb 2011
Crap! pX I think my computer had a major lag meltdown and it's posting TWICE. D:
Feb 24, 2011 8:02 PM

May 2009
OH MY GOODNESS! I wanted to scream, I saw the whole MS turning into witches coming but it was done SO WELL! And Sayaka finally snapped. Madoka ALMOST turned into a MS. AND KYUBEY FINALLY ADMITTED HE'S EVIL!
Cant wait for next week
Feb 24, 2011 8:11 PM

Nov 2007
Oh, crap. THINGS JUST GOT REAL.

Feb 24, 2011 8:22 PM

Sep 2008
I like when /a/ is correct.
It makes everything fun.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2011 8:25 PM

Jan 2010
Episode 12... To be Continued! (Please don't happen!!! )

I still don't think Kyuube is evil for some reason. He has been "honest" when the girls started to ask questions. He just didn't go into detail. But I have taken a step in the QB evil direction I still feel like he is neutral.

I hope Shizuki dies next episode I hate her more then I hate the Kyuube. Maybe Sayaka's witch will make that girl jump of of a building. Talk about bring rude and taking her man like that. I also wonder how Homura will keep Madoka from becoming magic girl this time seeing Sayaka is now a witch.

Thursday can't come soon enough! At the same time I don't want it to come. I got a Java project due and a math test that Thursday : (
Feb 24, 2011 8:27 PM
Aug 2009
Ignamila said:
Thanks for your theory. o: But, I don't remember Kyubey saying anything about immature MahouShoujo becoming Witches. Also, it's logical if/and/where a miracle happens, a curse rises. Also, the whole Witches come from wishes kinda mind fucked me just now. xD

The line I'm refering to for this comment is in the spoiler:

Feb 24, 2011 8:28 PM

Jun 2010
What happened to the lovable Kyubey in the first few episodes? Now it's this monster who tricks girls to become zombies and performs cannibalism.
So did Sayaka die or become a witch?
This show has changed from the beginning...A LOT!!!!

Feb 24, 2011 8:31 PM

Feb 2008
Crazy episode.
QB gets the villain of the year award.
Feb 24, 2011 8:32 PM

Oct 2010
kFYatek said:
@Yumekichi11, that's a very impressive interpretation, but I think you've got few things wrong.

I'll try to follow the facts in the order you wrote about them. Then first of all, it doesn't seem that Kyuubey is duplicating itself – rather, he said that he “has countless replacements”. It doesn't fit well with him eating himself, however. That's an interesting twist, but it doesn't really have to mean anything at all.

It still goes back that countless replacements can be infinite cloning therefore duplicating, just cloning would not really go well with him since I don't consider him at all a life but a abomination ;)
kFYatek said:
The NTR girl, a.k.a. Green-haired Mugi, is called Hitomi, not Himeko, but that doesn't matter much ;)
Spare me the correction, I have been sleeping less than 2 hours, too long to explain why.
kFYatek said:
The reactions of Kamijou seem to suggest that he has indeed accepted Hitomi's confession, and I think that made Sayaka even more depressed and angry. Things might have gone a bit differently if he didn't.

Hence why she went all nutty in the familiar dimension. I really would have liked it better IMO if she killed both of them with lots of indirect blood splatter somehow such as shadow blooding splashing.
kFYatek said:
The runes during Sayaka's witch transformation read “tempestoso” and “affettuoso” which are musical terms. According to Puella Magi Wiki quoting 4chan, "affettuoso means to play a piece with a lingering sort of affectionate tone. Tempestoso means to play it loud and angry".
Hence meaning most likely being affectionate towards Kamijou but to Hitomi anger. I got it, thanks for the explanation. I knew Sayako would have been better formulating her wish as “I want Kamijou forever to be mines alone and never die” I think that could count as one wish.
kFYatek said:
These images flashing the same moment may in fact be her life flashing before her eyes. She's actually dead now – she's still alive as a witch, but now it's nothing like her past self. She crossed to the other side, even though it's not real death, but rather becoming a witch. So getting her life flashing is natural – she probably has a hell of regrets for turning her life like that, but it's too late, it's all over now.
That's interesting for it looks to me a reincarnation towards the new transformation. Nice point I like it.
kFYatek said:
The thing about Homura's gem in her hand and how's that different from other Puella Magi, is irrelevant. She has been seen wearing a ring when in human form.
There goes me forgetting something again. I guess it's that symbol is embedded within her like that red eye of Kyouko but I still think of it as different because maybe the shape and size of it seem just different what we have seen with other Magical girls.
kFYatek said:
She just has her Soul Gem embedded in the hand in transformed form, just like Sayaka had hers in place of the bellybutton, Mami's was in her hair, and Kyouko's and Madoka's (according to her character design) are on their chests. Homura's gem has been seen a few times already, and it's nothing spectacular. She just has it there. It's no different from any other Puella Magi.
I think it might be and such a way as no other Magical Girls have powers like she had. I think they are quite more advance not using conventional weapons at all except perhaps firearms and explosives.
kFYatek said:
I don't know about the grenade part, but the mechanism of Homura's shield is obviously a kind of clock. Her shield is also a time machine, that's it.
It could very well be a time machine indeed. I did not think of it that but now it seems plausible to consider. Of course the clock part is most certain in timing explosives when they could blow up. So comes a witch to swallow it and goes machine explosions inside of it.
kFYatek said:
I don't think that Homura's place is an “endless time” dimension. If that was the case, she could appear in any time frame when exiting from there. But Homura and Kyouko (and kyuubey) were talking about current, time-relative events, so I think that the time was still flowing normally then.
It was just a reminder to me that it could be and endless time does not have to do with gates to other times, it can just be a place where flows freely. Besides I think if Homura chose this period is because whatever happens after is not reversible nor going before to wait for the event to happen will solve anything, the now is where Madoka is still human at a mature age although she really does not act like ti.
kFYatek said:
If it were an “endless time” dimension, then it would be EXTREMELY strange for Kyuubey to wander there, because it would then mean that he can also manipulate time…. well, maybe he does :D Anyway, it may be some kind of “time control room” or “time observation room” (seems likely given all those pictures and the pendulum), but definitely not a dimension outside time.

OK and Kyuubey if he can manipulate time it's holy shit his plot may mean he will have in his favor all the he pleased perhaps that he saw in the future. It could be that he is trying to correct things and if succeeding them it will turn out like he wanted. Homura views as a disaster hence why she trying to stop him.
kFYatek said:
kyuubey of course was “telemarketing” to make Madoka become a Puella Magi, but it was more her decision than his “advertising”. And more, I don't think he was lying about her incredible power and so. This show revolves about Madoka, after all, kyuubey is after her, Homura too, so she must be special :D Though, obviously, making a contract with Kyuubey wouldn't be a fair deal for her, that's common knowledge.
Also remember about Homura that Kyuubey said he made a contract with him and maybe she did not well it goes back to plausible situation of Kyuubey betraying his master and Homura stopping him. Could be a possible scenario after all in Faust Mephistopheles was going against Hell to gain ultimate power and he obviously betrayed heaven so scenario could be easily that Kyuubey is trying to work against his master and Homura tries to stop him so that he may succeed.
kFYatek said:
I think that Kyouko ended up in witch! Sayaka's maze and will then have to fight her, or exit that world. “Make things right”? It's not like she can make her human again.
Not unless a miracle happens through most likely Kyuubey.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 24, 2011 8:34 PM

Jun 2010
Well...I think it's safe to say that this the best anime of the season hehe. Episode was just purely amazing.

Anyone notice how Kyubey's real name Incubator, when you pronouce it, is In-KYUBEY-tor?
Feb 24, 2011 8:42 PM

Aug 2010
Unbelievable, what an episode. Alot of revelations and the best part is just ahead.

Really got to hand it to some of the people who pointed out Kyubey was evil, there were alot of naysayers to that theory but it turns out it was dead on. Also, looks like Homura's power is indeed time related as was theorized and she does seem to be from the past.

Now for a new question, if Kyubei is 'Incubator', what exactly is he incubating and for what?

Cannot wait for the next episode, I haven't seen anything like this.
Feb 24, 2011 8:45 PM

Aug 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Kyuubey is a duplicator that upon his death doubles himself

Do you really mean double himself? I think he is just an extra-dimensional or even higher dimensional existence (not like a god or anything but something above humans and most magical beings in general) who is neither alive or dead but is always there. That's why he's everywhere at once (almost) and shooting him full of holes doesn't really do anything since he is not really there but is there. Kind of crazy, I know.

Yumekichi11 said:
I don't see Sayaka being human again less there is miracle to happen by Madoka through Kyuubey.

Miracle with Madoka.... to me this is very likely, so Sayaka might become human again because of Madoka. I don't like to throw out too many baseless objections but the creators have thrown so many curveballs a fastball down the center of the plate is almost to be expected just to throw us off even more. If that doesn't make sense then just say they will go cliche since everything else in the show has been very new and not cliche, and that will catch people off guard.

Yumekichi11 said:
I believe what happened when they showed her eye up close is that she killed those 2 guys and many other humans.

Oh, I didn't think about that. That would be really interesting if your right. I was just thinking that she finally reached her limit mentally/emotionally since it is called a grief seed. No events need to happen only thinking does.

Yumekichi11 said:
Comes another interesting part with Madoka. At one point all she does is stare up and the next thing you see is a blank screen with afterward Homura griping her fist with the jewel still shining. My take on that is that Homura can erase memories so much that Madoka did not remember much and starts to look for Sayaka, so she made her forget about Kyuubey Swiss cheesing.

I thought since Kyubey/Incubator said something about time traveling to Homura that Homura is actually from the future and knows something bad that will happen if Madoka becomes a Mahou Shoujo and fulfills Kyubey's evil plan. I'm also thinking that Madoka did something like save Homura and that made Homura want to come back even more to the past to stop everything from happening. Again, not much evidence to back this up, just a hunch. Also, if Homura can control time to an extent then maybe she can make people forget about certain time frames so that's why Madoka ran off without thinking about the riddled with holes Kyubey.

Yumekichi11 said:
For one I see old Magical Girls in shadow form, which really may be just a foreshadow to what happens with Sayaka at the end of the episode. One the pics shows what looks like a part of episode 1's segment of Madoka's dram. Another one also shows Walpurgisnacht. There is also one that shows people dancing in connection with Walpurgisnacht dance celebrations. One of them shows Eins Narr, what is that? Finally among those pictures there looks to be designs of a tall witch figure. Could it be the last boss?

Nice catch, your very attentive. I didn't notice all of this at first. The magical girl shadows probably do foreshadow what happens to most magical girls and what happened to Sayaka. Eins Narr? I think narr means foolish or something in German. Not sure though.

Yumekichi11 said:
About Kyuubey, he is still a piece of shit

QED.

Shit, I almost forgot. Someone else mentioned it but since the editing button rarely works I'm going with this for now. Kyubey said something about growing women being called girls and growing witches being called mahou shoujos. That could mean that all mahou shojos become witches. So that cycle thing Yumekichi11 mentioned could be right. They are all part of Kyubey's game to get the strongest witch (not mahou shoujo but witch since all growing witches are mahou shoujos). Could be talking crap but I when I saw that line it made me think about that I just spaced on it while writing this post.
prismheartFeb 25, 2011 8:55 PM
Feb 24, 2011 8:47 PM
Sep 2009
Just... wow. Throughout the latter half of the episode, I was beginning to feel like I was watching a movie with the amount of crisp animation and effects that were used to accent those scenes~ ouo
Feb 24, 2011 8:51 PM
Jun 2010
I think we could all see that coming.

Also pics.
(removed)

mod edit: removed since this is not a photodump, and several of the images were nsfw
sakaFeb 24, 2011 8:57 PM
Feb 24, 2011 8:54 PM

May 2008
I checked in here just out of curiosity, and I'm really surprised that nobody has thought of the same theory I've been running off since ep.6....

As soon as I saw Homura's teleporting ability I started wondering if it was a time freeze ability, and that maybe Homura had recovered Mami's soul gem after the battle. After all, we never actually see it after the battle, and we know the the body actually means nothing after the recent episodes.

After this episode, now Homura's time freeze (actually control?) abilities are confirmed. Her (very out-of-character) outburst to Madoka makes me almost certain that my suspicions were correct.

My working theory:
Homura recovered Mami's soul gem, and Mami is sharing control of Homura's body. You can notice the transition between personalities quite clearly in this episode, more than the previous ones.

I am a banana.
Feb 24, 2011 8:58 PM
Mar 2010
I see...
QB is the InQBator, he plants witch seeds in girls and "incubate" them into witches. He is interested in Madoka because if she becomes a witch, her power would be unrivaled, even above Kyubey. Homura is from the future, possibly an apocalyptic future where Madoka as the witch rules the word or something along those lines, and she is of course trying to prevent such a future.
QB's current form is of course not his true form, his real self probably resides somewhere else. His rat form probably acts like a hologram or a clone.
I am betting that Kyoko will get killed by Sayaka while trying to save her in the next episode or two. And Sayaka will probably get killed by Homura or even Madoka to prevent any further victims.
Feb 24, 2011 8:58 PM

Aug 2010
saka said:
My working theory:
Homura recovered Mami's soul gem, and Mami is sharing control of Homura's body. You can notice the transition between personalities quite clearly in this episode, more than the previous ones.

Ahhhh, everything is getting more mindfucked. I like that, actually. I was thinking it was just Homura knew Madoka from elsewhere (future?) and held a soft spot for her but that also does make some sense.
Feb 24, 2011 9:03 PM

Oct 2009
Holy crap this episode was so good.

It's nice to finally see the "you turn into a witch if your soul gem becomes too dirty" theory finally confirmed. And the Homura time traveling theory.

It's really sad to see Sayaka fall like this, and now she's pretty much done for. I'm hoping there's somehow a way to save her, though. It would suck to see Kyouko die trying to fight her, too.

And oh my god, it was so awesome seeing Kyubey get shot up like that. He's such a creeper. But then of course he has to come back...and eat his old body.

Homura breaking down in front of Madoka is really interesting. I'm so curious as to what the future is like, and why Homura is related to Madoka. Next Thursday can not come soon enough.
Feb 24, 2011 9:12 PM

Jul 2010
prismheart said:
saka said:
My working theory:

Ahhhh, everything is getting more mindfucked. I like that, actually. I was thinking it was just Homura knew Madoka from elsewhere (future?) and held a soft spot for her but that also does make some sense.
I agree with the Homura from the future theory. Homura taking Mami's soul gem isn't impossible, but I don't see why Homura would do it. If she was really sharing the body with Mami then I'd think that Mami would care more about Sayaka and not just Madoka.

Mami's gone. Sayaka's gone. Kyoko... don't do anything stupid. :(
I'm mainly thinking about that dream Madoka had in the beginning of the first episode. They were fighting something. Kyubey was there. Madoka was there. And Homura was there. Sayaka and Kyoko were not. That dream has to've meant something, right?
Feb 24, 2011 9:13 PM
Jan 2011
i think this anime has the best storyline as of yet this season!
the twist in this is just mindfucking, but alot of the people could have already speculated it before this episode, i know for sure there was something wrong with kyubey! lol why didn't i trust my instincts??

it only makes sense that "Growing women are called girls, so it only makes sense that growing witches be called Mahou Shoujo/Magic Girls"
Feb 24, 2011 9:14 PM

May 2010
Christ in heaven, this show is amazing
Feb 24, 2011 9:20 PM

Sep 2010
man kyubey for the win lol.

best bad guy ever
Feb 24, 2011 9:21 PM

Oct 2008
LulzWorthy said:
Christ in heaven, this show is amazing

This.
Episode.
Was.
Bloody.
Amazing.

Now let me get my jaw from the basement, collect my thoughts before posting again.
Feb 24, 2011 9:23 PM

Dec 2008
Ahh man that was just great! Madoka is a highlight of the week for sure.
Feb 24, 2011 9:28 PM

Feb 2011
saka said:

My working theory:
I agree with this. That would explain why Homura was able to use the gun ability on QB even though her main weapon is supposed to be grenades.

And wow. Was not expecting QB to be possibly incubating Mahou Shoujo to grow into Witches. Hope to see in the next episode his reasons for doing so. I think that the Walpurgisnacht has something to do with it.

I'm theorizing about the Walurgisnacht's importance to Mahou Shoujo is that since it's probably a big gathering of witches judging from it being called Witches' Night, it's like a way for them to easily harvest large amounts of Grief Seeds to purify their Soul Gems. Which is a possible reason why Kyouko and Homura are looking forward to it. Not sure how it'll play into the story.

Can't wait til next week.
Feb 24, 2011 9:33 PM

Jun 2008
kiba1996 said:
man kyubey for the win lol.

best bad guy ever

How ironic that one of the BEST villain in a Mahou Shoujo anime is a cute talking rabbit or cat or whatever Kyubey is.

Kyubey is ALREADY in my TOP 10 favorite villains of ALL TIME.

Most villains are too stupid and are complete FAILURES.

However Kyubey is full of WIN, he'll manipulate you and take your soul, make you into a "zombie", and let you wallow in despair.... all while smiling.
Feb 24, 2011 9:34 PM
Jan 2011
and i also love the character development in this anime.
Feb 24, 2011 9:35 PM

May 2008
Iilia said:
prismheart said:
saka said:
My working theory:

I agree with the Homura from the future theory. Homura taking Mami's soul gem isn't impossible, but I don't see why Homura would do it. If she was really sharing the body with Mami then I'd think that Mami would care more about Sayaka and not just Madoka.
Well, it's not like Mami has a whole lot of control.... most of the time Homura is in control of her own body. She was breaking down at the thought of Sayaka's state and it seems like she took control of Homura because she was overwhelmed by Madoka's carelessness in the bench scene.

QB said quite clearly that he figured out time traveling was Homura's ability and that she came back in time to prevent whatever QB ("Incubator") is up to. I don't think Homura wanted to tip her hand so early, and that Mami made her attack a bit carelessly while saving Madoka from the contract. She brushes it off and returns to herself at the end of the conversation to not give away any more.

Also do we know that Sayaka is dead? ...she probably became a witch. I imagine they'll be fighting her in tears in the coming episodes. I really like that sayaka is like a reverse Dark Magical Girl..... she starts out the comrade, then turns evil -- instead of the reverse. It's like a slap in the face to all the mahou shoujo anime that precede it. Sayaka is basically dead though as she can't possibly live much longer, short of wishing.
sakaFeb 24, 2011 9:48 PM

I am a banana.
Feb 24, 2011 9:36 PM

Apr 2010
"If I have a grip on you, you can't use that technique of yours"

*Flips a switch"

GRENADE!!!!!!!

Talk about having an ace in the hole.

Feb 24, 2011 9:38 PM

Aug 2008
I totally called it. Homura is from the future! Fucking called it, fucking awesome. And I'll calm down later, but I really love my omnipotent awesomeness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2011 9:39 PM

May 2010
Homura's face expression change very rapidly after the conversation with madoka makes me feels that she's pretending or something :D
Feb 24, 2011 9:43 PM

Nov 2010
I...I......I have no word to accuratly describe how awesome this was

but, will Sayaka kill uhhh (damn forgot her name) the red haired chick, or will someone save the day?
Feb 24, 2011 9:53 PM

Jul 2010
saka said:
Well, it's not like Mami has a whole lot of control.... most of the time Homura is control. She was breaking down at the thought of Sayaka's state and it seems like she took control of Homura because she was overwhelmed by Madoka's carelessness in the bench scene.

QB said quite clearly that he figured out time traveling was Homura's ability and that she came back in time to prevent whatever QB ("Incubator") is up to. I don't think Homura wanted to tip her hand so early, and that Mami made her attack a bit carelessly while saving Madoka from the contract. She brushes it off and returns to herself at the end of the conversation to not give away any more.

Also do we know that Sayaka is dead? ...she probably become a witch. I imagine they'll be fighting her in tears in the coming episodes.
Well, what I meant was that I don't see why Homura would take Mami's soul gem in the first place. How would this benefit her? If Mami was able to take control of Homura against her will like that I'd think it would be something Homura would dislike. I also don't see why Mami would want to stop Madoka from becoming a Mahou Shoujo. Before she died she was helping Madoka and Sayaka learn the ropes and was in no way trying to prevent them from becoming Mahou Shoujo. Homura, on the other hand, has been against it the whole time. It would make sense that Homura would stop Madoka, not Mami.

Homura also said, "Why must you always sacrifice yourself?" Really, what sacrifices has Madoka made? I can only assume that she's talking about something Madoka has done in the past. Maybe Madoka has always been making the choice to become a Mahou Shoujo, and Homura has been continuously going back in time trying to prevent that from happening.

Homura also talks about people being sad if Madoka is gone, and what would happen to the people trying to protect her. She's speaking about things she shouldn't know much about, so it only makes sense that she's seen things in the past or future. Homura's breakdown seems like it's more out of frustration than anything else; she knows something the rest of the characters (and the viewers) do not.

Edit: About the Sayaka being dead part, she isn't yet, but it looks like she'll either die or no longer be the Sayaka we used to know.
desolatoFeb 25, 2011 3:40 PM
Feb 24, 2011 10:05 PM

Feb 2009
saka said:
I checked in here just out of curiosity, and I'm really surprised that nobody has thought of the same theory I've been running off since ep.6....

As soon as I saw Homura's teleporting ability I started wondering if it was a time freeze ability, and that maybe Homura had recovered Mami's soul gem after the battle. After all, we never actually see it after the battle, and we know the the body actually means nothing after the recent episodes.

After this episode, now Homura's time freeze (actually control?) abilities are confirmed. Her (very out-of-character) outburst to Madoka makes me almost certain that my suspicions were correct.

My working theory:
*rewatches episode 3*
I think I know the fate of Mami's body. Check out 21:24 of episode 3, just when Homura blew up the witch who killed Mami(now we know how she did it). Something fell out of there and splattered in one of those tables which I believe is Mami's body. And then there's this when Homura was saying that Madoka and Sayaka avoided death. Isn't that Mami's Soul Gem?

Just saying :)
Feb 24, 2011 10:14 PM

Sep 2009
At the rate this is going, this show will get a 10 from me.

It's been a while since I felt this excited for a show, and I've seen some good shows recently.
Feb 24, 2011 10:16 PM

Oct 2008
ydesol said:
and i also love the character development in this anime.

You build it all up, just to break it all down.

Going to quote a comment off Random Curiosity from Saburou:
I think this entire episode can be summed up in two quotes
For Sayaka and Mami: ” Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become a villain.”
Kyubey: ” Some men just want to watch the world burn”

____
Concering the "Mami is sharing control of Homura's body" theory, I simply believe that Homura just had an emotional breakdown at that time. Notice what she says. Homura says that Madoka should not be so selfless, not be so nice and also think about the people that care about her, a similar message she has been saying before. Mami never thought Madoka was too selfless. Mami just thought she was a nice girl with the kindest of intentions, but lacked a goal. Mami was looking forward to working with Madoka!
Feb 24, 2011 10:17 PM

Oct 2010
prismheart said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Kyuubey is a duplicator that upon his death doubles himself

Do you really mean double himself? I think he is just an extra-dimensional or even higher dimensional existence (not like a god or anything but something above humans and most magical beings in general) who is neither alive or dead but is always there. That's why he's everywhere at once (almost) and shooting him full of holes doesn't really do anything since he is not really there but is there. Kind of crazy, I know.
Well it still goes back that he can duplicate himself to be many of him and that he can never die because the copy eats the original en becomes the real himself again. Unlimited regenerations is what I call it. Better yet think of it as unlimited lives it certainly does coincide with superior existence as normal ones could never dream of doing that.
Yumekichi11 said:
I believe what happened when they showed her eye up close is that she killed those 2 guys and many other humans.

prismheart said:
Oh, I didn't think about that. That would be really interesting if your right. I was just thinking that she finally reached her limit mentally/emotionally since it is called a grief seed. No events need to happen only thinking does.
The reason why I think of as this way is that there can be no greater Grief than killing a human life hence why even killing witches which were human before creates some Grief pollution within the Soul Gem.
Yumekichi11 said:
Comes another interesting part with Madoka. At one point all she does is stare up and the next thing you see is a blank screen with afterward Homura griping her fist with the jewel still shining. My take on that is that Homura can erase memories so much that Madoka did not remember much and starts to look for Sayaka, so she made her forget about Kyuubey Swiss cheesing.
prismheart said:
I thought since Kyuubey/Incubator said something about time traveling to Homura that Homura is actually from the future and knows something bad that will happen if Madoka becomes a Mahou Shoujo and fulfills Kyuubey's evil plan. I'm also thinking that Madoka did something like save Homura and that made Homura want to come back even more to the past to stop everything from happening. Again, not much evidence to back this up, just a hunch.
That's very plausible but also someone mentioned that it could be also that Madoka in the future may not handle well in the long run and what a powerful Mahou Shoujo is may be a super undefeated Witch that may consume the whole world if no Magical Girl can kill her hence why Homura wants to stop her from becoming a witch it can also go towards Madoka's dream vision in the beginning. Regardless if Faust references are right destruction and consuming of the world is exactly what evil wants.
prismheart said:
Also, if Homura can control time to an extent then maybe she can make people forget about certain time frames so that's why Madoka ran off without thinking about the riddled with holes Kyuubey.

Yes that's very much agreeable.
Yumekichi11 said:
For one I see old Magical Girls in shadow form, which really may be just a foreshadow to what happens with Sayaka at the end of the episode. One the pics shows what looks like a part of episode 1's segment of Madoka's dram. Another one also shows Walpurgisnacht. There is also one that shows people dancing in connection with Walpurgisnacht dance celebrations. One of them shows Eins Narr, what is that? Finally among those pictures there looks to be designs of a tall witch figure. Could it be the last boss?
prismheart said:
Nice catch, your very attentive. I didn't notice all of this at first. The magical girl shadows probably do foreshadow what happens to most magical girls and what happened to Sayaka. Eins Narr? I think narr means foolish or something in German. Not sure though.

Interesting, foolish eh? Yes well this the only anime I can take time to decipher. Rest are just not so much as this series. This so reminds me of me and my friend taking shots at Chaos Head hence why Steiner's Gate will be cool to analyze like this series is.
Yumekichi11 said:
About Kyuubey, he is still a piece of shit
prismheart said:
QFD.
That's why I can use the GIF in spoiler
while thinking of trapping Kyuubey's very own existence in a dimensional room where he cannot escape from, Unlimited Kyuubey Swiss cheesing all the time.
prismheart said:
Shit, I almost forgot. Someone else mentioned it but since the editing button rarely works I'm going with this for now. Kyuubey said something about growing women being called girls and growing witches being called mahou shoujos. That could mean that all mahou shojos become witches. So that cycle thing Yumekichi11 mentioned could be right. They are all part of Kyuubey's game to get the strongest witch (not mahou shoujo but witch since all growing witches are mahou shoujos). Could be talking crap but I when I saw that line it made me think about that I just spaced on it while writing this post.
You may be right about that cycle in that way, hence it goes back to evil wanting to consume the world with Grief through one dominant witch, that of Madoka.
saka said:
I checked in here just out of curiosity, and I'm really surprised that nobody has thought of the same theory I've been running off since ep.6…..As soon as I saw Homura's teleporting ability I started wondering if it was a time freeze ability, and that maybe Homura had recovered Mami's soul gem after the battle. After all, we never actually see it after the battle, and we know the the body actually means nothing after the recent episodes.
Something still does not fit, how can it be when Mami was being munched on while Homura only was able to escape from the locks that Mami put her in after she was consumed by the witch. Could be that the soul gem was left out but there is no indication of it.
saka said:
That I will agree with, it's rather strange that it's like that. I will keep a tab on that while re-watching this episode.
saka said:
My working theory:
That is undeniable with one concrete proof, that of the OP where Madoka is naked and there is another person that helps her transform. I am thinking that Homura and Madoka may become one or we are being Shafted into believing the Homura is Madoka from the future.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 24, 2011 10:22 PM

Jul 2010
My expression at the end of this ep was HOLY FREAKING CRAP, clearly the best episode so far....just wow.

I want this on blu-ray so bad. best shaft series ever
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Feb 24, 2011 10:24 PM

Feb 2009
Omniknight said:

Going to quote a comment off Random Curiosity from Saburou:
I think this entire episode can be summed up in two quotes
For Sayaka and Mami: ” Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become a villain.”
Kyubey: ” Some men just want to watch the world burn”
That's from "The Dark Knight" movie :P
Feb 24, 2011 10:30 PM
Dec 2010
Holy shit this episode rocked my socks!

It seems like whatshername is going to be that walpergiehst thingy.

Anybody for Madoka tapping her 'soul power' on her own?
Feb 24, 2011 10:34 PM

Jul 2010
belatkuro said:
*rewatches episode 3*
I think I know the fate of Mami's body. Check out 21:24 of episode 3, just when Homura blew up the witch who killed Mami(now we know how she did it). Something fell out of there and splattered in one of those tables which I believe is Mami's body. And then there's this when Homura was saying that Madoka and Sayaka avoided death. Isn't that Mami's Soul Gem?

Just saying :)

I can't see the first picture you linked, but I'm guessing you're referring to this?

Before anyone says it, yes, I stole this off Yumekichi. So I'll do the thank you's now: Arigato~

As for the second picture, that could be a soul gem, though I always thought it was the grief seed left by the witch. I'm too lazy to go back and double check.
desolatoFeb 25, 2011 3:40 PM
Feb 24, 2011 10:35 PM

Mar 2008
This episode was revolutionary. Many speculations have now been confirmed. Also got to see Homura cry. ;_; So cute and yet depressing. How could Madoka just leave her alone! >:O

Feb 24, 2011 10:36 PM
Nov 2007
Goddamn, show is so good. Needs to be licensed for US release with a Bluray ASAP.
Feb 24, 2011 10:36 PM

Aug 2010
Yeah, just like I thought and maybe everyone else did. Kyubei is the real antagonist here and he has an ever bigger role in here. He is the one who transforms Mahou Shoujos into Witches. Tbh, I wasn't expecting for it to be like this.
As a second note, I feel really sorry for Sayaka. Of course she'd feel betrayed by all those peoples...and, the next episode we might get to see (finally?) a Madoka Mahou Shoujo...I wonder though, why is Kyubei trying so hard to get Madoka to transform...what would her transformation into a Mahou Shoujo make him gain? I wonder if she is that Valpurgis Homura is talking about. (Oh, and abut her, that's one serious ability there) Can't wait for the next episode xD
Feb 24, 2011 10:37 PM

Dec 2010
All that's left for me to say is...There was so much internet lag and video freezing when I tried to watch this sub episode....Then I tried to download it and it was too slow, then I just decided to wait about an hour or so to watch it....

Well this is the first time I"m keeping up with a currently airing show but damn looks like next week could be the same or worse.
Feb 24, 2011 10:39 PM

Feb 2011
WOAH Intense episode!

I was really hoping Kyubey would be at worst a Chaotic Neutral character but so much for that. And Sayaka...I really thought she would handle the situation better but hopefully Madoka can fix everything...OH SNAP! I guess those theories about her not becoming a magical girl till the end will end up true.

I really like how this anime is different from other MG animes. I hope it doesn't pull an Angel Beats and tries to cram too much stuff into the last few episodes but the pacing seems to be good here.
Feb 24, 2011 10:49 PM

Nov 2007
Damn, rewatching it with subs made it even sadder.
For a moment at the end, when Sayaka talks with Kyouko, I thought she still could be saved by going the same route as Kyouko. But she stuck to her principles and turned into a witch. Poor girl.

Yumekichi11 said:
It was made clear that she uses musical circles to heal different parts of her body

Yes, she healed herself that way in an earlier ep too. In fact, her entire magic was made out of musical signs, like notes and ladders appearing when she was fighting. Also in her eye in the train

The same thing happened when she turned into a witch. Flashbacks all tied to Kamiyou and his music. I read somewhere that the amulet was a gift from Kamiyou, but I'm not sure about that.

Yumekichi11 said:
Due to her insanity she coerces Madoka into being a magical girl like Kyuubey mentions to her and so with this pose

I don't think she's completely insane, more like: she's trying her best holding it together, after losing everything: her hopes, her future, her humanity.
Lashing out at Madoka was harsh, very harsh. But frankly, at that moment I was raging at Madoka as well. It's all very nice to care for your friend and be all peace-loving. It's also very understandable she doesn't want to form a contract. But basically she was pointing a finger at her friend, saying: fighting is wrong! Bad girl!, knowing what she knows and doing nothing at all.
So I think twisted-faced Sayaka is a way of showing what Sayaka wants to do, not what she really does. Moments letter regretting it ofcourse, and cursing herself.

Yumekichi11 said:
finding out that Hitomi is walking Kamijou and most likely confessed to him
I thought it was very interesting we didn't get to hear what they said. And what would be crueler for us than later finding out that Hitomi was talking to him about Sayaka!
I don't think she was within hearing distance, but yeah, it was final closure. I don't think she killed those guys, just seeing Hitomi & Kamiyou would make her curse her fate even more. And than realising she gave it all up for some assholes would be enough to completely darken her soulgem.

Yumekichi11 said:
Continuing with her insane behavior, that led her to reject Homura's offer to help
It certainly wasn't clever, but she's sticking to her principles. After her talk with Kyouko last ep, she made up her mind to be a 'different' magical girl, as in: not using magic for herself, but only for the use of other people.
If that would result in an early death, so the better. She had nothing to live for anyway.

Yumekichi11 said:
Later one the most significant aspect is Kyoko stopping Homura from killing her. Now that is major development.
Yes, I agree. I think that altough she has lost her faith, she's still looking for redemption.
Yumekichi11 said:
BTW: When Homura mentions Kyuubey being Incubator, well I found this about it in the most common sense of magic itself.

I thought they meant this

hellfiredragon said:
Not sure if I saw this correctly, but were Kyouko and Sayaka at the prior mentioned clock tower prior to the end of this episode or was that a station (or both)?
I thought it was the station. Not sure though.

kFYatek said:
And more, I don't think he was lying about her incredible power and so.
Exactly. Nutbladder called it: unimaginable hope. Now what's the opposite of hope?

Yumekichi11 said:
OK and Kyuubey if he can manipulate time it's holy shit his plot may mean he will have in his favor all the he pleased perhaps that he saw in the future. It could be that he is trying to correct things and if succeeding them it will turn out like he wanted.
I don't think QB can manipulate time/knows the future, else he would remember Homura.

prismheart said:
Also, if Homura can control time to an extent then maybe she can make people forget about certain time frames so that's why Madoka ran off without thinking about the riddled with holes Kyubey.
There was this static right before Madoka started remembering Homura. So Homura had no reason at all to stop her train of thought, more like the opposite. If someone blanked Madoka's memory, I place my bets on QB.

belatkuro said:
And then there's this when Homura was saying that Madoka and Sayaka avoided death. Isn't that Mami's Soul Gem?['/quote]No, that's Charlotte's griefseed. See here

Translated runes etc.:
Feb 24, 2011 10:51 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
One of them shows Eins Narr, what is that? Finally among those pictures there looks to be designs of a tall witch figure. Could it be the last boss?

"Hexeneinmaleins"
summry:
replace"1" by "10"
leave "2"and "3" (to be rich)
loose "4"
replace"5,6" by "7,8"
"9" = "1"
"10" is none
the witch said that is how to make the witch-basics
Feb 24, 2011 11:09 PM

Sep 2008
" a younger version of herself with God knows what on her neck "

this is a rose

Homura's talk with Kyouko, spoiler

One of them shows Eins Narr, what is that?

Eins Narr means A fool

and the page with the all the German writing on it is from Faust and it is the the witches' multiplication table or one-time-one or once-one's-one

It is read by the Witch from her spell book and it goes like this

Of One make Ten,
The Two let be,
Make even Three,
There's wealth for thee.
The Four pass o'er!
Of Five and Six,
Make Seven and Eight,
The thing is straight:
And Nine is One
And Ten is none--
This is the witch's one-time-one!
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1541 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 3, 2011

380 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 10:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.