Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 24, 2011 2:35 PM
Jan 2010
The show isn't too predictable, but having your theories come true encourages you to think about and enjoy the show more.

For me, at least.
Feb 24, 2011 2:46 PM

Nov 2007
RomanaDesu said:

Wow, Homura breaking down was something I didn't expect to see, Madoka just walking away like that even less.

That's what I thought too, especially as she was starting to remember Homura.
But I guess Homura's swiss-cheezing her favorite pet made her go blank, and do a reset to must-find-Sayaka.

Charliehsv said:
Now that she's a confirmed timetraveler, it's getting even more and more possible that she's Madoka who came back from the future.

I can't figure out how that works, so I'm still going with the friendship thing and the groundhog day scenario.

Sorry endtime, I deleted my 1st post, something went wrong.
endtime said:
Feels pretty good when your theories come true.

Hm, in general I don't like that at all. I prefer if things are not that predictable.
But yes, being right some of the time, keeps you speculating.
I thought the ambiguous nature of QB would be more interesting than having him be the big bad. However, the execution of this ep was so awesome, I couldn't help but love it.

Sidenote: the official site has been updated with 4 new cards of witches.
Here is Elsa Maria: http://www.madoka-magica.com/special/dic/card15.html
translation from /a/: Shadow Witch. Her nature is self-righteousness. She continues praying for all life in this world. She drags in all life equally into her shadow without changing her posture. One must know a pain of darkness to defeat her.
And her minion Sebastian: http://www.madoka-magica.com/special/dic/card16.html
translation from /a/: A minion of witch of shadow. Their given task is blind belief. They're an aggregate of all life that has been saved by the witch of shadow. They're always seeking for a companion.

Sayaka slaying self-righteousness. Wow.
But a witch saving lifes?
I keep thinking Elsa Maria or her minion had something to do with Kyouko's past.
And now Kyouko has her griefseed.
cleoFeb 24, 2011 4:08 PM
Feb 24, 2011 4:44 PM

Jan 2010
Urobuchi Gen strikes again with this one.

Jeez..I wonder who will be actually alive at the end of this series?
Ok™
Feb 24, 2011 4:47 PM

Apr 2009
If Madoka breaks down mentally and commits suicide in the final episode, I will gladly consider this the best anime of all time.
Feb 24, 2011 5:24 PM

Oct 2010
This is my analyzing of the whole thing and I got it damn well. This episode was heartbreaking to fans across the world that liked Sayaka for who she was and her intentions when she was sane. Everything was confirmed that me and my friends here on MAL predicted and those would be Gangler and Nerdyguy. Cleo also got many things right as well. What is confirmed is that Soul Gems upon being tainted too much break up to become Grief seeds. Kyuubey is a duplicator that upon his death doubles himself and perhaps as price needs to eat himself in order to do it again. That's not confirmed but it could be plausible. Homura's powers are more explained. Guess it's goodbye Sayaka for the last time,

your downfall of wishing for what has been taken away from you has gotten you on the dark side of the destruction and the price to pay is clearly shown. I don't see Sayaka being human again less there is miracle to happen by Madoka through Kyuubey I cannot see Sayaka becoming human again. I got lots interesting stuff to discuss so let's start to whom are interested.

About Sayaka,
-Her insanity (first part), was all done due to 2 things Kamijou taken away from through her own fault BTW and the whole soul gem complex she had a problem with. From the beginning you can clearly see that Sayaka continuing to beat upon the witch even as she is dead and her world crumbling was not only reckless, it was also pointless as it used up more of her magic only to contaminate he soul gem. Next thing was her eyes. They completely not of a sane person with all the blood of her own wounds visible. It was made clear that she uses musical circles to heal different parts of her body, which is interesting but goes back to using more energy from the Soul Gem. It's also quite clearly confirmed from he sword being visible that it is a saber. Not sure from which country but it is one whereas before there was no clear image of it. It also seems that the Grief seed's shape does indeed reflect and give some minor interest into a witch's world. Sayaka's care free attitude to throw back to Kyoko the Grief seed is part of the insanity package. I got interested in the transformation from Mahou Shoujo to normal human and I have to say that based on this that it looks like a layer surrounds the girl to form the dress itself with her magical powers on her. Interesting enough it peels off to bring her back into being a human, most likely the peels going back into the Soul Gem. I just wonder how is the amount of grief calculated other than the power usage a Mahou Shoujo uses.

It was obvious that Sayaka collapsed unto Madoka due to over damaging herself and using much of her power to heal herself hence the reckless attitude. What I really liked is how they portrayed the sad surrounding Sayaka around Madoka as well the insanity. The rain for one added to a deep depressive mood and that usually is a good set up. It is obvious that Sayaka is still very much worn out so at this point I am thinking that if she did use the Grief seed would she be able to feel better. The rain droplets added at first a water ripple that IMO looked as sadness just gets overflown from Sayaka and the more intense they fell the more the sadness turned into a madness as the spoiler seems to suggest
as well as Sayaka feeling distant from Madoka due to her being annoyed by what seems to her as Madoka being too prideful of knowing what Sayaka feels. Sayaka's eyes mixed with a water drain to me was like Sayaka flushing down Madoka. Due to her insanity she coerces Madoka into being a magical girl like Kyuubey mentions to her and so with this pose, it reminded me of the devil extending her hand towards her and not Sayaka herself. Furthermore he eyes suggested a more insane attitude that resulted in Madoka crying out so Sayaka in fact herself made Madoka cry. Comes what I feared the worst, Sayaka being insane rejected Madoka completely and so made Madoka petrified at her.

-Comes the second part of her insanity, finding out that Hitomi is walking Kamijou and most likely confessed to him while having fun talking on the bench with him. Sayaka was obviously spying on them. This led to the worsening of her insanity by showing a deep desperation and to vent off she fought I am assuming some familiar's world with not quite the sane attitude at all. Since that resulted in her Soul gem being tainted more. Continuing with her insane behavior, that led her to reject Homura's offer to help through the Grief Seed kicking and instead being in a very dark mood led her into this pose, which suggests to me that she was willing to be killed by Homura considering how dark it was. Being saved by Kyoko it leads me to her transformation part.

Sayaka's transformation part, clearly something was not right with all this dark coloring around Sayaka while all being dark when she was talking to those 2 guys. That led her
to start being transformed in much the very same way it was used when she was was a magical girl with the layer except this layer was very dark. I believe what happened when they showed her eye up close is that she killed those 2 guys and many other humans. This lead to a complete tainted Soul Gem whereas before it showed Sayaka's Soul Gem being less tainted and by that any Magical Girl's soul is consumed by the darkness. This leads it to a overflow/burst out reforming itself into a Grief Seed and a initial dark energy absorption, while the initial inside symbol that most likely holds the soul is broken completely. This prompts into making Sayaka a witch with runes most likely being her name (not sure about it) and certain governing elements of her life. Mainly persons directing a orchestra, which ties to Kamijou, a younger version of herself with God knows what on her neck and a shadow of Madoka. Conclusion, in the middle of all the darkness not much can be seen but to me it looks like Sayaka is being seen what she looks like as a witch.

About Homura, tons and tons of info on her as well as drama. This episode really got me into knowing her powers a lot more than before.

Her powers, unlike other Magical Girls that carry rings her powers come from a gem imbedded into her hand, which is interesting to see because it makes her powers that much different from the other magical girls. Perhaps she may not have a Soul Gem that works the same way as normal Magical Girls. Another observation with that gem is that used it in a attempt to kill off Sayaka, that makes me wonder if that jewel itself can kill of someone. Comes another interesting part with Madoka. At one point all she does is stare up and the next thing you see is a blank screen with afterward Homura griping her fist with the jewel still shining. My take on that is that Homura can erase memories so much that Madoka did not remember much and starts to look for Sayaka, so she made her forget about Kyuubey Swiss cheesing.

Her shield appearing on her arm does have a interesting design to say the least as well as how it comes into reality whereas when she is normal she has it hidden. It's mechanism is rather strange. As it opens up there is this red eye that I think materialized the grenade and it looks that it's gear driven system can ignite that grenade anytime and it can also change its function from blowing to being a simple flash bang. My take on all this is that Homura's device can summon any weapon of small caliber and program it to do as Homura wishes it function like the gun she summoned was in automatic caliber. It had to be so that it Swiss cheesed Kyuubey. Same goes for the grenade being a flash bang. Her shield is quite the marvel of all the weapons being the most complex IMO. It is further to note that Homura as seen here can freeze time as well.

Homura's talk with Kyouko, it was very interesting to note that to me with the pendulum swinging like that and those gears on top that it looked to me like a “Endless Time” dimension to which my surprise remains that Kyuubey got in and out of it like it was nothing. Although “Endless Time” should not be accessible to evil beings, so maybe Kyuubey was neutral at that time. It also to note at that part in the spoiler
the images mean a lot. For one I see old Magical Girls in shadow form, which really may be just a foreshadow to what happens with Sayaka at the end of the episode. One the pics shows what looks like a part of episode 1's segment of Madoka's dram. Another one also shows Walpurgisnacht. There is also one that shows people dancing in connection with Walpurgisnacht dance celebrations. One of them shows Eins Narr, what is that? Finally among those pictures there looks to be designs of a tall witch figure. Could it be the last boss?

-Homura's talk with Madoka, was just heartbreaking to see Homura in the spoiler
the way she was crying for a first time last I remember. She literally broke down and this depiction shows I slow mode how her tears are many more, that's how I saw it. I am also a fan of Homura apart from being one of Kyoko. So this part really moved me and knowing more about hers powers was very exciting.
Rest in spoiler
About the preview, I don't know what expect next episode other than a recurrence of what may be seen in the beginning of episode 1. BTW this episode's art work in the spoiler
BTW: When Homura mentions Kyuubey being Incubator, well I found this about it in the most common sense of magic itself. Looks to me like the fuzzball is doing Bokurano and trying to find the most suitable females to keep to himself or to his master because those girls who do not survive get to be prey for new magical girls and the cycle goes on till all girls are dead and the strong ones live.This is really insane but I it de-mindfucked, now what you think about my thoughts?
Yumekichi11Feb 24, 2011 8:18 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 24, 2011 5:31 PM

Apr 2009
Just rewatched with subs. Oh man, this episode is so great I could rewatch it many times more...

I'm VERY curious about what is the nature of this incredible power Madoka possesses, and how will it turn out in the end.

Oh, omnipotent Madoka... team up with Haruhi, Lain and whoever else, and make the next episode air already...
Feb 24, 2011 5:37 PM

Jul 2010
eduardomex said:
Spoiler, Spoiler Everywhere
They're discussing thie episode, so you can't call them spoilers. This is anime original story that's not based off anything, so really, there can't be any spoilers unless something is leaked; just theories.

Wow, this episode was amazing. I take back what I said about Kyubey before; he's pure evil.

Akemi Homura displayed a lot of emotion this episode. I don't think she's the Madoka from the future, but she clearly seems to be someone that Madoka once knew. Kyubey might be this Waup... whatever monster that's coming. Haha.

I think it's really awesome that Kyoko was once Sayaka's nemesis and then later she stops Akemi from trying to kill her. After that she even goes to check up on Sayaka. I knew she was going to end up like Homura and not the villain some people made her out to be. I love all the characters in this show... except Madoka.

Sayaka really went off the deep end here. At first I was so mad at her in the beginning. "The hell is your problem blaming Madoka because you CHOSE to become a Mahou Shoujo!"

Later as the episode progressed I forgave her. I can't hate or blame someone for their actions when they're clearing speaking out of the despair in their heart. And as much as I know it's not Hitomi's fault, I hate her for confessing to Kyosuke like that. It burns me up inside.

Lol@Kyubey swiss cheese. Thank you for those pics, Steve! First thing that ran through my mind was, "Well, everyone on the forums will be happy about this!" Haha. It was so gross seeing him eat his former shell like that... eww...

Madoka Magica, you have just passed up Yumekui Merry as my favorite show this season. Congratulations!
Feb 24, 2011 5:50 PM

Jul 2010
i was like YES! when Kyuubei got shot then he came back and proves once again that he is evil incarnate.
Feb 24, 2011 5:53 PM
Nov 2009
Kyuubey is evolving!?
Kyuubey evolved into swiss cheese!

lol, jokes aside,
Sayaka-chan! did she die? or just go unconcious?

I'm actually thinking Kyuubey is lying about this "great power" Madoka has, he just wants the contact done
Feb 24, 2011 5:54 PM
Apr 2010
Post content removed.

Pictures are not allowed to alter the forum layout. If they do, enclose them in spoiler tags.
ChavezFeb 25, 2011 10:22 AM
Feb 24, 2011 5:58 PM
May 2009
I LOVE THIS SERIES!!!
Feb 24, 2011 6:10 PM

Sep 2007
Kyubey once again proves he is the best damn character in this whole show with his master trolling. Ugh at Madoka still with that naive attitude throughout the whole episode even after getting chewed out by Sayaka.
Feb 24, 2011 6:15 PM
Aug 2009
Good old evil Kyubey strikes again! Watching him get swiss cheesed was awesome and brought a huge smile to my face. His line right at the end of the episode was brilliant, and proved 2 things. 1. Kyubey = EVIL! 2. Witches are corrupt Magic Girls and this is done by design.

Not sure if I saw this correctly, but were Kyouko and Sayaka at the prior mentioned clock tower prior to the end of this episode or was that a station (or both)? Just a theory but I'd rather confirm this fact first.

I still say when Sayaka finally bites it, Kyouko will also, them being together at the end of the episode may be an omen for this outcome. Next Thursday is too far away!!
Feb 24, 2011 6:18 PM

Apr 2009
@Yumekichi11, that's a very impressive interpretation, but I think you've got few things wrong.

I'll try to follow the facts in the order you wrote about them. Then first of all, it doesn't seem that Kyubey is duplicating itself - rather, he said that he "has countless replacements". It doesn't fit well with him eating himself, however. That's an interesting twist, but it doesn't really have to mean anything at all.

The NTR girl, a.k.a. Green-haired Mugi, is called Hitomi, not Himeko, but that doesn't matter much ;)

The reactions of Kamijou seem to suggest that he has indeed accepted Hitomi's confession, and I think that made Sayaka even more depressed and angry. Things might have gone a bit differently if he didn't.

The runes during Sayaka's witch transformation read "tempestoso" and "affettuoso" which are musical terms. According to Puella Magi Wiki quoting 4chan, "affettuoso means to play a piece with a lingering sort of affectionate tone. Tempestoso means to play it loud and angry".

These images flashing the same moment may in fact be her life flashing before her eyes. She's actually dead now - she's still alive as a witch, but now it's nothing like her past self. She crossed to the other side, even though it's not real death, but rather becoming a witch. So getting her life flashing is natural - she probably has a hell of regrets for turning her life like that, but it's too late, it's all over now.

The thing about Homura's gem in her hand and how's that different from other Puella Magi, is irrelevant. She has been seen wearing a ring when in human form. She just has her Soul Gem embedded in the hand in transformed form, just like Sayaka had hers in place of the bellybutton, Mami's was in her hair, and Kyouko's and Madoka's (according to her character design) are on their chests. Homura's gem has been seen a few times already, and it's nothing spectacular. She just has it there. It's no different from any other Puella Magi.

I don't know about the grenade part, but the mechanism of Homura's shield is obviously a kind of clock. Her shield is also a time machine, that's it.

I don't think that Homura's place is an "endless time" dimension. If that was the case, she could appear in any timeframe when exiting from there. But Homura and Kyouko (and Kyubey) were talking about current, time-relative events, so I think that the time was still flowing normally then. If it were an "endless time" dimension, then it would be EXTREMELY strange for Kyubey to wander there, because it would then mean that he can also manipulate time... well, maybe he does :D Anyway, it may be some kind of "time control room" or "time observation room" (seems likely given all those pictures and the pendulum), but definitely not a dimension outside time.

Kyubey of course was "telemarketing" to make Madoka become a Puella Magi, but it was more her decision than his "advertising". And more, I don't think he was lying about her incredible power and so. This show revolves about Madoka, after all, Kyubey is after her, Homura too, so she must be special :D Though, obviously, making a contract with Kyubey wouldn't be a fair deal for her, that's common knowledge.

I think that Kyouko ended up in witch!Sayaka's maze and will then have to fight her, or exit that world. "Make things right"? It's not like she can make her human again.

Waiting for next episodes...
Feb 24, 2011 6:30 PM

Jun 2008
First I was like: NOOOO!!!! KYUBEEEEYYYY

Then I was like: HOLY SHIT, HE'S ALIVE!!!!

At the end I was like: HE FUCKING ATE HIMSELF!!!, KYUBEY IS BOSS!!!

This is an amazing anime, EASILY the best of the season, and will probably be one of the best for 2011.

LONG LIVE KYUBEY!!!!
--ALEX--Feb 24, 2011 6:39 PM
Feb 24, 2011 6:35 PM

Mar 2008
Mother of all good and holy! I'm still full of man tears of how sad this episode was ;_; Regardless of the outcome (depressing or happy, giving that it's Gen, I'm predicting depressing) I'm calling this the best of this year (so far). Great timing too because my Magica CD arrived today in time for the new episode :)
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Feb 24, 2011 6:36 PM

Jul 2010
so QB is from inQBator... lol
now its sayaka who's gone, oh wait, is she dead?
Feb 24, 2011 6:47 PM

Oct 2009
A lot of this stuff I saw coming, but still, SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFT!!!
Feb 24, 2011 7:00 PM

Jan 2011
Somehow, I never liked Kyubey since the 2 or 3 ep...
and now I hate him more (or IT) xD and for Homura
I like her even more now LOL
this anime is starting to get serious now xD
I like e3e
:c ..yet, its sad how Sayaka turned into a witch (I wonder if she can turn back to normal..doubting OTL)
Feb 24, 2011 7:02 PM

Apr 2007
Pretty jarring episode. I'm still of the opinion that, somehow, Sayaka's going to walk away from all of this. Perhaps that "somehow" will be in episode 11/12 when this show might finally earn its name. I'm just hopeful that, now that Homura apparently has time travel credentials of some sort, this thing does not devolve into a depressing magical girl version of "Back to the Future", where Homura is Madoka's daughter/unborn sister/protégé or something similarly outlandish coming back to fix the past.

After this episode, I'm halfway wondering how/if the show would have been somewhat more effective if it had been paced for 24 episodes instead of 12. Sayaka's descent has just been so rapid, in my opinion. Perhaps even rushed. A more gradual transition might have provided some interesting opportunities.
Feb 24, 2011 7:17 PM

Dec 2008
Pretty much everything that has occured so far has been within pretty much all of the predictions made since the beginning of the series. The only thing that hasn't called on was the timing of the events, which means that while there is still a chance of the Reset Theory occuring (or rather, it's inevitable for it to occur), there is now a solid chance of all of this actually resolving without a time loop.

I can't wait to see what comes next; there's four episodes left and that's A LOT of time for the staff to accomplish a lot of things.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Feb 24, 2011 7:19 PM

Jul 2010
- Kyube or Incubator had some kind of evil plan.
- Madoka and Homura had some kind of deep relationship in the future and Kyube needed Madoka for his evil plans (destroy the world? or peoples?). I think that's why Homura came from future to save her becoming Mahou Soujo or rather a WITCH.
- Don't take witch seed and you will become an ultimate witch or / dead? can't wait to see next episode.
- Did she killed those men in the train? i really wanted to see that.
- Did anyone noticed where homura and kyoko were sitting on the map? that seems like a witch area.

Homura is just great. i wanted her to kill that blue hair witch.
Feb 24, 2011 7:21 PM

Nov 2008
Kyuube's evil plan and Homura's identity have been revealed! Damn, hands down who came up with those theories xDD

OMG SAYAKA BECAME A WITCH!! SHE WILL BECOME JUST LIKE THE OTHER MUTATED WITCHES! I hope her image still remains, I don't want another stomach-creature with butterfly wings xDD

LOL at flash grenade that looks like frag xDD and also swiss-cheesed In-KYUUBEI-tor

SPARX!!! LMAO love that commercial xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 24, 2011 7:25 PM
Feb 2011
At first when I started watching this anime, I didn't expect much out of the outcome. Though, something tagged me to it, as if it were that kind of sticky-paper flies get stuck on and can't get out of.

At first, I thought Kyubey was a good guy. And I also thought that Homura was trying to take over the world. It's amazing how it all changes in episode 8. I guess my assumptions were wrong, and I felt like an ass. (-.-)

So now, I despise Kyubey for his misleadings, and Sayaka might as well be dead (citation needed e.e). Though, it's freaky how it turns out that a tainted MahouShoujo turns into a witch. I thought witches were born from CURSES not tainted soul gems. Also, the fact that Kyubey mentioned Madoka to be an omniponent (or whatever) goddess showed somewhat his true nature and meaning.

I enjoyed the swiss cheesed part. Homura made me smile when she did this. Of course, I was all O_O and then I was like ... and then c: but the when I saw him return as a CLONE I was like -.-

I enjoy the original idea of this anime. I didn't expect this to happen at all, especially the outcome of the last episodes. And finding out Homura is a TIME TRAVELER? Could of been noticed when Madoka had that dream. (It did seem in the distant future, but why was Kyubey not the evil one then?) I'm thinking another twist is going to twist the twist of this twisted anime. ... o_o Imagine if that happens? :D

BTW: I died when I saw this episode. JS. e.e (What makes me brain-fart is .. why is the show more advanced than the manga ??)
IgnamilaFeb 24, 2011 7:30 PM
Feb 24, 2011 7:30 PM

Feb 2008
well damn.....that settles it then. but still when he started poking at her weakness u know hes up to no good.

i guess now we know where witches come from.
Feb 24, 2011 7:33 PM

Aug 2009
Iri said:
a depressing magical girl version of "Back to the Future", where Homura is Madoka's daughter/unborn sister/protégé or something similarly outlandish coming back to fix the past.

Damnit Madoka, why did you have to become a Puella Magi? If only I had more time ... wait, I've got all the time I want! I've got time travel powers! I could just go back early and warn her. Two weeks ought to do it. Destination set, soul gem ... soul gemming, all right!

As for the episode itself, while Cube's intentions have revealed themselves to be less than noble, we still don't know *why* he's doing it. That Homura called him Incubator leads to the assumption that he's catalyzing some sort of birth, but the what it is and his purpose for doing so is still unknown. However, Homura also made it sound like this was all his doing, but all we can do is just wait and find out next week. Then there's the fact that we still know next to nothing about Walpurgis, but it does seem to be separate from Cube's plan.

Personally though? While Kyubey's plan appears to hinge on Madoka becoming a magical girl (and subsequently goddess-tier witch), I kinda see the ending as really bad stuff happening* and Madoka wishing to be a Puella Magi with the power to able to prevent all of this tragedy from occurring. She turns into Homura and timejumps back to the beginning of the series, creating a loop of endless despair (since we all know how it plays out already). I get that that's a really dark ending, but it's the sort of viewer punch I'd expect from this show.

*really bad stuff = witch!Sayaka, Walpurgis, Kyubey's plan, or whatever
Ha-cha!
Feb 24, 2011 7:41 PM

Nov 2010
So inferring, as in most "potential" Madoka is the strongest would-be witch?
Feb 24, 2011 7:42 PM
Aug 2009
Ignamila said:
At first when I started watching this anime, I didn't expect much out of the outcome. Though, something tagged me to it, as if it were that kind of sticky-paper flies get stuck on and can't get out of.

At first, I thought Kyubey was a good guy. And I also thought that Homura was trying to take over the world. It's amazing how it all changes in episode 8. I guess my assumptions were wrong, and I felt like an ass. (-.-)

So now, I despise Kyubey for his misleadings, and Sayaka might as well be dead (citation needed e.e). Though, it's freaky how it turns out that a tainted MahouShoujo turns into a witch. I thought witches were born from CURSES not tainted soul gems. Also, the fact that Kyubey mentioned Madoka to be an omniponent (or whatever) goddess showed somewhat his true nature and meaning.

I would like to propose a theory based on this comment. You are correct that witches are born from curses, but it could be summized from Sayaka's "Wish" that all wishes are curses in a sense and as such, the theory becomes Witches are born from Wishes. Therefore Kyubey/Incubator's comments at the end that Mahou Shoujo are immature witches much like children are immature adults holds true, no matter what you wish for, it will eventually backfire and curse your existance, and you will eventually become a witch. Long ass theory over.
Feb 24, 2011 7:48 PM

Feb 2007
I think QB consumes the used grief seeds to re-convert them back to soul gems.
Feb 24, 2011 7:49 PM
Feb 2011
@hellfiredragon:
Thanks for your theory. o: But, I don't remember Kyubey saying anything about immature MahouShoujo becoming Witches. Also, it's logical if/and/where a miracle happens, a curse rises. Also, the whole Witches come from wishes kinda mind fucked me just now. xD
desolatoFeb 25, 2011 3:36 PM
Feb 24, 2011 7:50 PM

Aug 2009
hellfiredragon said:
I would like to propose a theory based on this comment. You are correct that witches are born from curses, but it could be summized from Sayaka's "Wish" that all wishes are curses in a sense and as such, the theory becomes Witches are born from Wishes. Therefore Kyubey/Incubator's comments at the end that Mahou Shoujo are immature witches much like children are immature adults holds true, no matter what you wish for, it will eventually backfire and curse your existance, and you will eventually become a witch. Long ass theory over.

It's things like this that led me to see this story as the Fall of Man and loss of innocence as opposed to the earlier Faustian corollaries.
Ha-cha!
Feb 24, 2011 7:50 PM
Feb 2011
Crap! pX I think my computer had a major lag meltdown and it's posting TWICE. D:
Feb 24, 2011 8:02 PM

May 2009
OH MY GOODNESS! I wanted to scream, I saw the whole MS turning into witches coming but it was done SO WELL! And Sayaka finally snapped. Madoka ALMOST turned into a MS. AND KYUBEY FINALLY ADMITTED HE'S EVIL!
Cant wait for next week
Feb 24, 2011 8:11 PM

Nov 2007
Oh, crap. THINGS JUST GOT REAL.

Feb 24, 2011 8:22 PM

Sep 2008
I like when /a/ is correct.
It makes everything fun.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2011 8:25 PM

Jan 2010
Episode 12... To be Continued! (Please don't happen!!! )

I still don't think Kyuube is evil for some reason. He has been "honest" when the girls started to ask questions. He just didn't go into detail. But I have taken a step in the QB evil direction I still feel like he is neutral.

I hope Shizuki dies next episode I hate her more then I hate the Kyuube. Maybe Sayaka's witch will make that girl jump of of a building. Talk about bring rude and taking her man like that. I also wonder how Homura will keep Madoka from becoming magic girl this time seeing Sayaka is now a witch.

Thursday can't come soon enough! At the same time I don't want it to come. I got a Java project due and a math test that Thursday : (
Feb 24, 2011 8:27 PM
Aug 2009
Ignamila said:
Thanks for your theory. o: But, I don't remember Kyubey saying anything about immature MahouShoujo becoming Witches. Also, it's logical if/and/where a miracle happens, a curse rises. Also, the whole Witches come from wishes kinda mind fucked me just now. xD

The line I'm refering to for this comment is in the spoiler:

Feb 24, 2011 8:28 PM

Jun 2010
What happened to the lovable Kyubey in the first few episodes? Now it's this monster who tricks girls to become zombies and performs cannibalism.
So did Sayaka die or become a witch?
This show has changed from the beginning...A LOT!!!!

Feb 24, 2011 8:31 PM

Feb 2008
Crazy episode.
QB gets the villain of the year award.
Feb 24, 2011 8:32 PM

Oct 2010
kFYatek said:
@Yumekichi11, that's a very impressive interpretation, but I think you've got few things wrong.

I'll try to follow the facts in the order you wrote about them. Then first of all, it doesn't seem that Kyuubey is duplicating itself – rather, he said that he “has countless replacements”. It doesn't fit well with him eating himself, however. That's an interesting twist, but it doesn't really have to mean anything at all.

It still goes back that countless replacements can be infinite cloning therefore duplicating, just cloning would not really go well with him since I don't consider him at all a life but a abomination ;)
kFYatek said:
The NTR girl, a.k.a. Green-haired Mugi, is called Hitomi, not Himeko, but that doesn't matter much ;)
Spare me the correction, I have been sleeping less than 2 hours, too long to explain why.
kFYatek said:
The reactions of Kamijou seem to suggest that he has indeed accepted Hitomi's confession, and I think that made Sayaka even more depressed and angry. Things might have gone a bit differently if he didn't.

Hence why she went all nutty in the familiar dimension. I really would have liked it better IMO if she killed both of them with lots of indirect blood splatter somehow such as shadow blooding splashing.
kFYatek said:
The runes during Sayaka's witch transformation read “tempestoso” and “affettuoso” which are musical terms. According to Puella Magi Wiki quoting 4chan, "affettuoso means to play a piece with a lingering sort of affectionate tone. Tempestoso means to play it loud and angry".
Hence meaning most likely being affectionate towards Kamijou but to Hitomi anger. I got it, thanks for the explanation. I knew Sayako would have been better formulating her wish as “I want Kamijou forever to be mines alone and never die” I think that could count as one wish.
kFYatek said:
These images flashing the same moment may in fact be her life flashing before her eyes. She's actually dead now – she's still alive as a witch, but now it's nothing like her past self. She crossed to the other side, even though it's not real death, but rather becoming a witch. So getting her life flashing is natural – she probably has a hell of regrets for turning her life like that, but it's too late, it's all over now.
That's interesting for it looks to me a reincarnation towards the new transformation. Nice point I like it.
kFYatek said:
The thing about Homura's gem in her hand and how's that different from other Puella Magi, is irrelevant. She has been seen wearing a ring when in human form.
There goes me forgetting something again. I guess it's that symbol is embedded within her like that red eye of Kyouko but I still think of it as different because maybe the shape and size of it seem just different what we have seen with other Magical girls.
kFYatek said:
She just has her Soul Gem embedded in the hand in transformed form, just like Sayaka had hers in place of the bellybutton, Mami's was in her hair, and Kyouko's and Madoka's (according to her character design) are on their chests. Homura's gem has been seen a few times already, and it's nothing spectacular. She just has it there. It's no different from any other Puella Magi.
I think it might be and such a way as no other Magical Girls have powers like she had. I think they are quite more advance not using conventional weapons at all except perhaps firearms and explosives.
kFYatek said:
I don't know about the grenade part, but the mechanism of Homura's shield is obviously a kind of clock. Her shield is also a time machine, that's it.
It could very well be a time machine indeed. I did not think of it that but now it seems plausible to consider. Of course the clock part is most certain in timing explosives when they could blow up. So comes a witch to swallow it and goes machine explosions inside of it.
kFYatek said:
I don't think that Homura's place is an “endless time” dimension. If that was the case, she could appear in any time frame when exiting from there. But Homura and Kyouko (and kyuubey) were talking about current, time-relative events, so I think that the time was still flowing normally then.
It was just a reminder to me that it could be and endless time does not have to do with gates to other times, it can just be a place where flows freely. Besides I think if Homura chose this period is because whatever happens after is not reversible nor going before to wait for the event to happen will solve anything, the now is where Madoka is still human at a mature age although she really does not act like ti.
kFYatek said:
If it were an “endless time” dimension, then it would be EXTREMELY strange for Kyuubey to wander there, because it would then mean that he can also manipulate time…. well, maybe he does :D Anyway, it may be some kind of “time control room” or “time observation room” (seems likely given all those pictures and the pendulum), but definitely not a dimension outside time.

OK and Kyuubey if he can manipulate time it's holy shit his plot may mean he will have in his favor all the he pleased perhaps that he saw in the future. It could be that he is trying to correct things and if succeeding them it will turn out like he wanted. Homura views as a disaster hence why she trying to stop him.
kFYatek said:
kyuubey of course was “telemarketing” to make Madoka become a Puella Magi, but it was more her decision than his “advertising”. And more, I don't think he was lying about her incredible power and so. This show revolves about Madoka, after all, kyuubey is after her, Homura too, so she must be special :D Though, obviously, making a contract with Kyuubey wouldn't be a fair deal for her, that's common knowledge.
Also remember about Homura that Kyuubey said he made a contract with him and maybe she did not well it goes back to plausible situation of Kyuubey betraying his master and Homura stopping him. Could be a possible scenario after all in Faust Mephistopheles was going against Hell to gain ultimate power and he obviously betrayed heaven so scenario could be easily that Kyuubey is trying to work against his master and Homura tries to stop him so that he may succeed.
kFYatek said:
I think that Kyouko ended up in witch! Sayaka's maze and will then have to fight her, or exit that world. “Make things right”? It's not like she can make her human again.
Not unless a miracle happens through most likely Kyuubey.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 24, 2011 8:34 PM

Jun 2010
Well...I think it's safe to say that this the best anime of the season hehe. Episode was just purely amazing.

Anyone notice how Kyubey's real name Incubator, when you pronouce it, is In-KYUBEY-tor?
Feb 24, 2011 8:42 PM

Aug 2010
Unbelievable, what an episode. Alot of revelations and the best part is just ahead.

Really got to hand it to some of the people who pointed out Kyubey was evil, there were alot of naysayers to that theory but it turns out it was dead on. Also, looks like Homura's power is indeed time related as was theorized and she does seem to be from the past.

Now for a new question, if Kyubei is 'Incubator', what exactly is he incubating and for what?

Cannot wait for the next episode, I haven't seen anything like this.
Feb 24, 2011 8:45 PM

Aug 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Kyuubey is a duplicator that upon his death doubles himself

Do you really mean double himself? I think he is just an extra-dimensional or even higher dimensional existence (not like a god or anything but something above humans and most magical beings in general) who is neither alive or dead but is always there. That's why he's everywhere at once (almost) and shooting him full of holes doesn't really do anything since he is not really there but is there. Kind of crazy, I know.

Yumekichi11 said:
I don't see Sayaka being human again less there is miracle to happen by Madoka through Kyuubey.

Miracle with Madoka.... to me this is very likely, so Sayaka might become human again because of Madoka. I don't like to throw out too many baseless objections but the creators have thrown so many curveballs a fastball down the center of the plate is almost to be expected just to throw us off even more. If that doesn't make sense then just say they will go cliche since everything else in the show has been very new and not cliche, and that will catch people off guard.

Yumekichi11 said:
I believe what happened when they showed her eye up close is that she killed those 2 guys and many other humans.

Oh, I didn't think about that. That would be really interesting if your right. I was just thinking that she finally reached her limit mentally/emotionally since it is called a grief seed. No events need to happen only thinking does.

Yumekichi11 said:
Comes another interesting part with Madoka. At one point all she does is stare up and the next thing you see is a blank screen with afterward Homura griping her fist with the jewel still shining. My take on that is that Homura can erase memories so much that Madoka did not remember much and starts to look for Sayaka, so she made her forget about Kyuubey Swiss cheesing.

I thought since Kyubey/Incubator said something about time traveling to Homura that Homura is actually from the future and knows something bad that will happen if Madoka becomes a Mahou Shoujo and fulfills Kyubey's evil plan. I'm also thinking that Madoka did something like save Homura and that made Homura want to come back even more to the past to stop everything from happening. Again, not much evidence to back this up, just a hunch. Also, if Homura can control time to an extent then maybe she can make people forget about certain time frames so that's why Madoka ran off without thinking about the riddled with holes Kyubey.

Yumekichi11 said:
For one I see old Magical Girls in shadow form, which really may be just a foreshadow to what happens with Sayaka at the end of the episode. One the pics shows what looks like a part of episode 1's segment of Madoka's dram. Another one also shows Walpurgisnacht. There is also one that shows people dancing in connection with Walpurgisnacht dance celebrations. One of them shows Eins Narr, what is that? Finally among those pictures there looks to be designs of a tall witch figure. Could it be the last boss?

Nice catch, your very attentive. I didn't notice all of this at first. The magical girl shadows probably do foreshadow what happens to most magical girls and what happened to Sayaka. Eins Narr? I think narr means foolish or something in German. Not sure though.

Yumekichi11 said:
About Kyuubey, he is still a piece of shit

QED.

Shit, I almost forgot. Someone else mentioned it but since the editing button rarely works I'm going with this for now. Kyubey said something about growing women being called girls and growing witches being called mahou shoujos. That could mean that all mahou shojos become witches. So that cycle thing Yumekichi11 mentioned could be right. They are all part of Kyubey's game to get the strongest witch (not mahou shoujo but witch since all growing witches are mahou shoujos). Could be talking crap but I when I saw that line it made me think about that I just spaced on it while writing this post.
prismheartFeb 25, 2011 8:55 PM
Feb 24, 2011 8:47 PM
Sep 2009
Just... wow. Throughout the latter half of the episode, I was beginning to feel like I was watching a movie with the amount of crisp animation and effects that were used to accent those scenes~ ouo
Feb 24, 2011 8:51 PM
Jun 2010
I think we could all see that coming.

Also pics.
(removed)

mod edit: removed since this is not a photodump, and several of the images were nsfw
sakaFeb 24, 2011 8:57 PM
Feb 24, 2011 8:54 PM

May 2008
I checked in here just out of curiosity, and I'm really surprised that nobody has thought of the same theory I've been running off since ep.6....

As soon as I saw Homura's teleporting ability I started wondering if it was a time freeze ability, and that maybe Homura had recovered Mami's soul gem after the battle. After all, we never actually see it after the battle, and we know the the body actually means nothing after the recent episodes.

After this episode, now Homura's time freeze (actually control?) abilities are confirmed. Her (very out-of-character) outburst to Madoka makes me almost certain that my suspicions were correct.

My working theory:
Homura recovered Mami's soul gem, and Mami is sharing control of Homura's body. You can notice the transition between personalities quite clearly in this episode, more than the previous ones.

I am a banana.
Feb 24, 2011 8:58 PM
Mar 2010
I see...
QB is the InQBator, he plants witch seeds in girls and "incubate" them into witches. He is interested in Madoka because if she becomes a witch, her power would be unrivaled, even above Kyubey. Homura is from the future, possibly an apocalyptic future where Madoka as the witch rules the word or something along those lines, and she is of course trying to prevent such a future.
QB's current form is of course not his true form, his real self probably resides somewhere else. His rat form probably acts like a hologram or a clone.
I am betting that Kyoko will get killed by Sayaka while trying to save her in the next episode or two. And Sayaka will probably get killed by Homura or even Madoka to prevent any further victims.
Feb 24, 2011 8:58 PM

Aug 2010
saka said:
My working theory:
Homura recovered Mami's soul gem, and Mami is sharing control of Homura's body. You can notice the transition between personalities quite clearly in this episode, more than the previous ones.

Ahhhh, everything is getting more mindfucked. I like that, actually. I was thinking it was just Homura knew Madoka from elsewhere (future?) and held a soft spot for her but that also does make some sense.
Feb 24, 2011 9:03 PM

Oct 2009
Holy crap this episode was so good.

It's nice to finally see the "you turn into a witch if your soul gem becomes too dirty" theory finally confirmed. And the Homura time traveling theory.

It's really sad to see Sayaka fall like this, and now she's pretty much done for. I'm hoping there's somehow a way to save her, though. It would suck to see Kyouko die trying to fight her, too.

And oh my god, it was so awesome seeing Kyubey get shot up like that. He's such a creeper. But then of course he has to come back...and eat his old body.

Homura breaking down in front of Madoka is really interesting. I'm so curious as to what the future is like, and why Homura is related to Madoka. Next Thursday can not come soon enough.
Feb 24, 2011 9:12 PM

Jul 2010
prismheart said:
saka said:
My working theory:

Ahhhh, everything is getting more mindfucked. I like that, actually. I was thinking it was just Homura knew Madoka from elsewhere (future?) and held a soft spot for her but that also does make some sense.
I agree with the Homura from the future theory. Homura taking Mami's soul gem isn't impossible, but I don't see why Homura would do it. If she was really sharing the body with Mami then I'd think that Mami would care more about Sayaka and not just Madoka.

Mami's gone. Sayaka's gone. Kyoko... don't do anything stupid. :(
I'm mainly thinking about that dream Madoka had in the beginning of the first episode. They were fighting something. Kyubey was there. Madoka was there. And Homura was there. Sayaka and Kyoko were not. That dream has to've meant something, right?
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1542 by Ryoketsu »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 3, 2011

380 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 10:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.