Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 24, 2011 11:14 PM

Jan 2010
Iri said:
Pretty jarring episode. I'm still of the opinion that, somehow, Sayaka's going to walk away from all of this. Perhaps that "somehow" will be in episode 11/12 when this show might finally earn its name. I'm just hopeful that, now that Homura apparently has time travel credentials of some sort, this thing does not devolve into a depressing magical girl version of "Back to the Future", where Homura is Madoka's daughter/unborn sister/protégé or something similarly outlandish coming back to fix the past.

After this episode, I'm halfway wondering how/if the show would have been somewhat more effective if it had been paced for 24 episodes instead of 12. Sayaka's descent has just been so rapid, in my opinion. Perhaps even rushed. A more gradual transition might have provided some interesting opportunities.

So what if Madoka becomes a Mahou Shoujo and has to go kill Witch Sayaka?

And for what it's worth, I love the way this series doesn't have any filler material. It's a freight train with rocket propulsion and it isn't slowing down for anything. It got through those dangerous middle episodes without any weird sideshows or detours. The show doesn't waste a second. Kudos to the creators of it.
saka said:
I checked in here just out of curiosity, and I'm really surprised that nobody has thought of the same theory I've been running off since ep.6....

As soon as I saw Homura's teleporting ability I started wondering if it was a time freeze ability, and that maybe Homura had recovered Mami's soul gem after the battle. After all, we never actually see it after the battle, and we know the the body actually means nothing after the recent episodes.

After this episode, now Homura's time freeze (actually control?) abilities are confirmed. Her (very out-of-character) outburst to Madoka makes me almost certain that my suspicions were correct.

My working theory:
Homura recovered Mami's soul gem, and Mami is sharing control of Homura's body. You can notice the transition between personalities quite clearly in this episode, more than the previous ones.

I've been wondering about that. I don't really want to know the answer now. I'm happy to let the show play out with what I think I know now. But after it's all over, and I re-watch it, then I'm going to watch where that thing goes. I'm still wondering if she's gonna return. This show is mad. Insanely, truly mad.

edit: merged posts
desolatoFeb 25, 2011 3:41 PM
Feb 24, 2011 11:17 PM

Jan 2010
saka said:
I checked in here just out of curiosity, and I'm really surprised that nobody has thought of the same theory I've been running off since ep.6....

As soon as I saw Homura's teleporting ability I started wondering if it was a time freeze ability, and that maybe Homura had recovered Mami's soul gem after the battle. After all, we never actually see it after the battle, and we know the the body actually means nothing after the recent episodes.

After this episode, now Homura's time freeze (actually control?) abilities are confirmed. Her (very out-of-character) outburst to Madoka makes me almost certain that my suspicions were correct.

My working theory:
Homura recovered Mami's soul gem, and Mami is sharing control of Homura's body. You can notice the transition between personalities quite clearly in this episode, more than the previous ones.

I've been wondering about that. I don't really want to know the answer now. I'm happy to let the show play out with what I think I know now. But after it's all over, and I re-watch it, then I'm going to watch where that thing goes. I'm still wondering if she's gonna return. This show is mad. Insanely, truly mad.
Feb 24, 2011 11:18 PM

Jul 2009
If Madoka ends up being as powerful as Kyubey says she will when she contracts, that would make her, in theory, an immensely powerful Witch. She might even end up being near impossible to defeat.

Oh, shiz O.o

On a side note, Kyubey eating his body was slightly disturbing ^^;
Feb 24, 2011 11:19 PM

Jan 2010
alexcampos said:
kiba1996 said:
man kyubey for the win lol.

best bad guy ever

How ironic that one of the BEST villain in a Mahou Shoujo anime is a cute talking rabbit or cat or whatever Kyubey is.

Kyubey is ALREADY in my TOP 10 favorite villains of ALL TIME.

Most villains are too stupid and are complete FAILURES.

However Kyubey is full of WIN, he'll manipulate you and take your soul, make you into a "zombie", and let you wallow in despair.... all while smiling.

And then he'll do it to the next girl -- right in front of you. Pure evil.
Feb 24, 2011 11:23 PM

Aug 2008
This pretty much seals it for me. Kyuube is evil. I was too naive it seems. Also, I guess Kyuube haters got some fanservice from this episode? :P

So now there's two possible scenarios I can think of, based off that last interaction between Homura and Kyuube. In Homura's original timeline, either Madoka is the trigger of some kind of apocalypse, or she's the hero who sacrifices itself in the last battle. Maybe both will turn out to be true? Either way, the reason this anime hasn't had its titular lead character become a magical girl is obvious. This satisfies my initial hypothesis that her transformation would be like some kind of end-game scenario! I hope.
Feb 24, 2011 11:25 PM

Jun 2008
TheShamelessMiko said:

That was too great to properly describe in words.

And then he starts to roll around....FUCKING AWESOME!!!

I Love Kyubey, I just wished more people could see how great of a character he really is.
Feb 24, 2011 11:30 PM

Nov 2010
oh my god. this anime is truly a masterpiece. im so glad i decided to start watching this. It has officially moved into my favorites.
Hokuto_no_FuzzFeb 24, 2011 11:45 PM
Feb 24, 2011 11:30 PM

Dec 2010
**spoiler**holy shit that was a good episode. wow watching the teasers for this series before it came out all i could think was oh great another magical girl who dances around showing her underwear lol man i was wrong this is such an awesome psychological thriller. with such a twist so soon i knew kkyuube was evil but never thought he was the mastermind behind the entire witch thing wow. loved it. next week needs to come soooooon
- Marissa Chan!
Feb 24, 2011 11:31 PM

Feb 2009
cleo said:
belatkuro said:
And then there's this when Homura was saying that Madoka and Sayaka avoided death. Isn't that Mami's Soul Gem?
No, that's Charlotte's griefseed. See here
Homura was holding a Grief Seed at the end. And it doesn't look like she went back to take the item at the table.
Feb 24, 2011 11:32 PM

Feb 2010
Awesome show is awesome.

Kyubey is evilness/awesomeness.
Feb 24, 2011 11:44 PM
Feb 2011
I'm not sure if it's been asked or not, but is it possible for Madoka to ask Kyubey to get rid of the witches as her wish if she became a magical girl?
He keeps saying he can perform miracles so why haven't any of them thought of that yet?

Also, I have a feeling the dream Madoka has in ep.1 might have something to do with Sayaka. Kind of excited to see how this goes.

Kyosuke's actual reponse to Hitomi's confession isn't revealed, so just watch--he's going to have rejected her. Just for yet another twist.

And the best way I can describe this anime is thus: Dark anime is DARK.

My thought is that Homura is someone the future Madoka knows, but not the Madoka of the current timeline. Well, hopefully we'll find out soon what Homura came back to try and prevent.

Aaaaaand now, we wait another week... :(

edit: merged posts
desolatoFeb 25, 2011 3:41 PM
Feb 24, 2011 11:50 PM

Jul 2009
alexcampos said:
TheShamelessMiko said:

That was too great to properly describe in words.

And then he starts to roll around....FUCKING AWESOME!!!

I Love Kyubey, I just wished more people could see how great of a character he really is.

lol I actually adore Kyubey. It's nice to see the cute mascot turn out to be not as good as you might originally think. I love how he can tell you that you're more or less dead and still be like :3 XD
Feb 25, 2011 12:00 AM

Jan 2010
Ok soooo if Madoka will have the most power everrrr then when she turns into a witch she'll be the big badd impossible boss!!! Thats what Im guessing Kyubeyy wants~

Also its obvious now that madoka is something realllllyyyy important to Homura! I doubt Homura is the future Madoka but I think Homura must somehow link to the Pink, long haired Madoka in the op!!!
Feb 25, 2011 12:03 AM

Apr 2009
So much win in this episode. And that Sayaka bitch is finally going to die! Hurray!
Feb 25, 2011 12:04 AM

Dec 2010
anonynomnom said:
I'm not sure if it's been asked or not, but is it possible for Madoka to ask Kyubey to get rid of the witches as her wish if she became a magical girl?
He keeps saying he can perform miracles so why haven't any of them thought of that yet?

Also, I have a feeling the dream Madoka has in ep.1 might have something to do with Sayaka. Kind of excited to see how this goes.

I think Kyubey specifically said to Madoka that even Kyubey power has limits. But Madoka could surpass Kyubey if she wishes.
Feb 25, 2011 12:06 AM

May 2009
this show is getting better every week. I can't wait till next episode

No fillers, MORE questions =) 10/10 so far

Feb 25, 2011 12:06 AM

May 2008
Iilia said:
Well, what I meant was that I don't see why Homura would take Mami's soul gem in the first place. How would this benefit her? If Mami was able to take control of Homura against her will like that I'd think it would be something Homura would dislike. I also don't see why Mami would want to stop Madoka from becoming a Mahou Shoujo. Before she died she was helping Madoka and Sayaka learn the ropes and was in no way trying to prevent them from becoming Mahou Shoujo. Homura, on the other hand, has been against it the whole time. It would make sense that Homura would stop Madoka, not Mami.
Well, yeah it's probably not out of kindness. I imagine it has something to do with Homura's true nature which has yet to be revealed.

Iilia said:
Homura also said, "Why must you always sacrifice yourself?" Really, what sacrifices has Madoka made? I can only assume that she's talking about something Madoka has done in the past. Maybe Madoka has always been making the choice to become a Mahou Shoujo, and Homura has been continuously going back in time trying to prevent that from happening.
Yes, it's safe to say that Mami knows everything Homura knows.... Homura has somehow shown her the possible futures and why they must be prevented. Mami considers Madoka her first true friend presumably, so watching the cruel fates that Madoka has fallen victim to in those alternate futures is probably very emotional for her.

Iilia said:
Homura also talks about people being sad if Madoka is gone, and what would happen to the people trying to protect her. She's speaking about things she shouldn't know much about, so it only makes sense that she's seen things in the past or future. Homura's breakdown seems like it's more out of frustration than anything else; she knows something the rest of the characters (and the viewers) do not.
I imagine that applies to herself to some extent (that's Mami saying that, since Homura seems to be purely emotionless and rational). Surely many lives have been lost protecting her in other timelines. Mami has likely witnessed through Homura countless "everybody dies" endings. People protecting her can also apply by extension to all Madoka's friends (magical or not), her mother, etc -- the "think of the pain of the friends you leave behind" line is common in shounen anime.

Madoka's dream sequence is surely one of those timelines that probably didn't end well. Everything kinda falls into place.

Edit: time travel makes so many things possible though.... the one cohabitating Homura could be Madoka herself, trying to stop her own mistake. Homura could even be created solely for that purpose.
sakaFeb 25, 2011 1:07 AM

I am a banana.
Feb 25, 2011 12:21 AM

Dec 2009
As I thought, Kyubei IS evil
Love & Piece

Feb 25, 2011 12:30 AM

Dec 2007
br87mal said:

I think Kyubey specifically said to Madoka that even Kyubey power has limits. But Madoka could surpass Kyubey if she wishes.

And Incubator could have easily just lied right there to provoke Madoka into making a contract (which she was about to do before Homura decided to show off her guns). You can't trust anything Incubator says. I highly doubt Sayaka can ever be reverted after turning into a witch.
Feb 25, 2011 12:53 AM

Feb 2010
great ep with lots of developments.
Feb 25, 2011 1:03 AM

Nov 2010
Oh come on, really? Please don't freaking tell me they're going to pull a Fate/Stay Night and that whole
guess was correct. -_-

Bleh. Sayaka has had the best development. Sad to see her go now. I guess there's still Kyouko but I'm willing to bet she'll die.
Feb 25, 2011 1:12 AM

Aug 2010
Nice catch, your very attentive. I didn't notice all of this at first. The magical girl shadows probably do foreshadow what happens to most magical girls and what happened to Sayaka. Eins Narr? I think narr means foolish or something in German. Not sure though.

"Ein Narr" means "A Fool". Also, please note that the figure above "Ein Narr" looks pretty much like the Witch from Madoka's dream in EP1.

Oh, and didn't Sayaka call herself "a fool"?
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Feb 25, 2011 1:21 AM

May 2008
Wordsmith said:
Nice catch, your very attentive. I didn't notice all of this at first. The magical girl shadows probably do foreshadow what happens to most magical girls and what happened to Sayaka. Eins Narr? I think narr means foolish or something in German. Not sure though.

"Ein Narr" means "A Fool". Also, please note that the figure above "Ein Narr" looks pretty much like the Witch from Madoka's dream in EP1.

Oh, and didn't Sayaka call herself "a fool"?
oho.... interesting. I think you're right in that connection.

So Madoka has basically failed to travel back in time to prevent Sayaka from turning into the witch in ep. 1... and Homura is likely a vessel made to transport her or something. There are still some great variations Shinbou can play with the time travel bit, so I'll sit back and hope there are still some surprises left.

edit: well, maybe not exactly.... since I don't think Sayaka would turn into something as powerful as Walpurgisnacht without some other force involved....
sakaFeb 25, 2011 1:34 AM

I am a banana.
Feb 25, 2011 1:31 AM

Apr 2007
Mockman said:
Iri said:
Pretty jarring episode. I'm still of the opinion that, somehow, Sayaka's going to walk away from all of this. Perhaps that "somehow" will be in episode 11/12 when this show might finally earn its name.
So what if Madoka becomes a Mahou Shoujo and has to go kill Witch Sayaka?
That's entirely possible, but if that's all there is, and if after that Madoka goes on to deal with Walpurgisnacht (assuming that whatever that is, it is separate from Sayaka), then in my opinion, Kyubey wins. Somehow, even though she might be enabled by Homura/Homura's true identity/Kyokou/What's Left of Mami/etc. in some way, the figurative wrench that is finally thrown into that evil little muppet's machinations, has to be thrown by Madoka herself. Whatever Homura knows, I'm guessing there is going to need to be a new variable introduced to prevent whatever she is trying to prevent. What nature that will eventually take is, of course, one of the bigger pieces of speculation of how this series will turn out.
Feb 25, 2011 1:38 AM

Aug 2010
If Homura is Madoka from the future (I don't believe so), then Madoka should have the same powers as Homura, who only has got a time altering power so far. If what QB said (that Madoka has got amazing powers and can easily transcend those of QB and be like a God) than Homura should have them too. I don't think time altering power is all that godlike.
Maybe Homura is Madoka's little sister who will be born in future. Let's assume Madoka actually gets mahou shoujo power, kills witches, and somehow (due to the evil plans of QB) becomes a witch herself and dies being slaughtered by another mahou shoujo in the future. Her parents might decide to have another child and so Homura is born. Then she gets to know about her elder sister who died long time ago. By obtaining time altering power Homura travels back in time to save Madoka. Well, it might sound like a gibberish of an insane old geezer, but this is my version of who Madoka and Homura are.
P.S. QB is now OFFICIALLY EVIL. No doubts.
LIquId4T0rFeb 25, 2011 1:50 AM
Feb 25, 2011 1:42 AM

Nov 2010
I finished this episode....and all that came out of my mouth was ".....FUCK!"
Feb 25, 2011 1:44 AM

Oct 2009
Hehe loved the episode cant wait for next week episode.

But in episode one madoka had a dream right she had a dream she saw homaru fighting a witch wasnt it you couldnt possibly think that, that witch might of been what becomes of madoka in the future if she formed a contract with QB??? O.o gah no more mind fucks please xD

Feb 25, 2011 2:11 AM

Nov 2010
ahh... swiss cheese, self-cannibalism, friends to witches and possible future yuri. what an anime.
*puts on hipster glasses* I thought Kyuubey was epic BEFORE he went full-blown epic villian. He does it Ironically.
fluttershyFeb 25, 2011 2:15 AM
Feb 25, 2011 2:18 AM

May 2008
Homura is Madoka.... and if you doubt that you need only rewatch episode one.

There is so much foreshadowing you can't even wade through it.

pics for memory:

I am a banana.
Feb 25, 2011 2:25 AM

Nov 2010
@saka yes that does seem where this show is heading. Since there polar opposites you can see why Homura is desperate to stop it. However the whole crying scene was definately something Madoka would do...
Feb 25, 2011 2:50 AM

Oct 2008
Somehow got the feeling this would happen to Sayaka.

Urobuchi never cease to amaze!

QB final boss confirmed...
or is it?

(*^ー゚)b ( ̄∇ ̄*)♪
Feb 25, 2011 2:59 AM

Nov 2010
But if homura is Madoka, the that means she doesn't turn into a witch. So that would beg the question: Who is the witch Homura is fighting at the start?
What does Homura come back to stop?
Also if Homura is Madoka, shouldn't she also be powerful enough to make miracles occur?
Feb 25, 2011 3:07 AM

Jun 2007
I knew Sayaka would turn into witch since she was the most emotional and cared for her friends. The opposite of that is despair, loneliness, and distrust which she showed in these past two episodes...

Akemi's premonition early in the episode seems to indicate this event has occurred before, but not as fast...

Seems like Akemi has some military training by the way she used firearms and ordinance (grenades). This explains the explosions that killed witch Charlotte in ep. 3.

Funny to see Kyuubey getting turned into a beehive by Akemi and then another body appears to devour his corpse.. This could possibly make a fun little web game called to the liking "Shoot the rat", instead of whack the mole...lol..

So Akemi appears to have come from another timeline or parallel world where many of these events have already occurred previoiusly.

Interesting seeing the normally stoic Akemi being so emotional in front of Madoka in this episode. I have a feeling this will fuel more yuri-themed pics of the two of them...

The night of Walpurgis is still to come meaning a greater calamity still awaits...
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Feb 25, 2011 3:16 AM

Nov 2007
belatkuro said:
Homura was holding a Grief Seed at the end. And it doesn't look like she went back to take the item at the table.

It was lying on the table when Charlotte's barrier is still up. After Charlotte dies, the barrier (including the table) disappears, the griefseed falls on the ground and is picked up by Homura.

saka said:
Homura is Madoka.... and if you doubt that you need only rewatch episode one.
There is so much foreshadowing you can't even wade through it.

*rewatches ep 1*
Hitomi, Sayaka and Madoka are having lunch. Madoka tells about her dream.
Sayaka: "You're friends, meeting each other again after having traveled through space and time".
How does that foreshadow that Homura = Madoka?
Aside from them not looking alike - most notably their eyes - why would future Madoka get so emotional towards her past self?
Why would she go you emo about how her past self calls her by her "fake" (supposedly, based on this theory) last name instead of her fake first name?
Why would she go you emo about her past self not remembering her future self?
Why would her future self not give a damn about her best friend, while her past self clearly did?
Why breakdown emotionally in front of her past self, because she's about to sacrifice herself for a friend, and tell her to think more of her of her future self, who cares so much about herself?
That all makes sense if Homura was someone close to Madoka in the past, not if we're talking about the same person.

cleoFeb 25, 2011 3:32 AM
Feb 25, 2011 3:23 AM

Sep 2009
Godammmit
QB strikes again he is just so evil >.<;
this anime just keeps shocking me
First Mami died then you find out QB rips out their souls then you find out he makes them witchess
HNGGGGGG~
can't wait for next episode

Feb 25, 2011 3:24 AM

Aug 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
That's very plausible but also someone mentioned that it could be also that Madoka in the future may not handle well in the long run and what a powerful Mahou Shoujo is may be a super undefeated Witch that may consume the whole world if no Magical Girl can kill her hence why Homura wants to stop her from becoming a witch it can also go towards Madoka's dream vision in the beginning. Regardless if Faust references are right destruction and consuming of the world is exactly what evil wants.

Actually.... that makes a lot of sense and with the screenshots someone showed from episode one. She could have just changed her appearance. If they were the same person I would be totally mind blown.
Feb 25, 2011 3:27 AM

Nov 2010
alright lets see if i can do this...

Why would she go you emo about how her past self calls her by her "fake" (supposedly, based on this theory) last name instead of her fake first name?
Sorry. I don't really get this question
Why would she go you emo about her past self not remembering her future self?
Judging by Madoka's interaction with her. they have met in the past. but this still could have been time travelling Homura. sorry this answer may be a bit difficult to understand.
Why would her future self not give a damn about her best friend, while her past self clearly did?
because Madoka has changed from her once bubbly caring self to Homura. which is why i assume she[Homura] is upset about the whole thing.
Why breakdown emotionally in front of her past self, because she's about to sacrifice herself for a friend, and tell her to think more of her of her future self, who cares so much about herself?
Because this action probably causes a great deal of trouble in the future.
Feb 25, 2011 3:40 AM

Jan 2009
It looked so funny when Kyubey was shot.
I've lost all hope for the story.
Homura just lost all my respect. Actually, I still like her though.
Now I'm pretty much only watching this for the artwork and music.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 25, 2011 3:46 AM

Sep 2010
OMFG, it was just wonderful... or gloomy... depend on the POV.

Akemi is very interessting and I really want to know more about her.

I'm just chocked, I can't do anything x) Kyubey has been shotted, it was my dream, but after that he eat his own body OMG.

NEED MORE MADOKA.
Feb 25, 2011 4:04 AM

Jul 2007
Im a bit worried about "Incubator", what will happen after hes done breeding?
Feb 25, 2011 4:09 AM

Dec 2009
Incubator O___o

Holy Shit, so QB turns them into witches, this guy is the real shit !

Best episode until now, many things were revealed

I just hope that kyoko won't die in the next episode ( my first favourite mami already died D: )

5/5 for this awesomness
yuno6.jpg
Feb 25, 2011 4:16 AM

Apr 2009
I kinda knew it would happen, but I didn't want to believe it. The final scene was very strong in impact. Oh man why....It's getting kinda depressing watching this now. So damn dark. Now in a way I can't wait for next week's episode. From the looks of it, Kyouko might be making a mistake going with her emotions and attachments with Sayaka which may cost her her life. If the dream in episode 1 is to be taken as true, Kyouko won't have very long to live.

More on the episode here by me.
Feb 25, 2011 4:20 AM

Aug 2009
I want more Kyouko x Sayaka ;A;

I was even more surprised because many theories were correct. I bet they're also correct on the theory of the witch on the first episode.
I don't know who to blame in this show. Sayaka? Kyouko? Homura? Madoka? NO. NO. No. No. So, I guess I'll just dump all anger to Hitomi and Kyubey, huh? That bitch and insensitive furball.

Awesome show. Best of this season, definitely.
Feb 25, 2011 4:25 AM
Aug 2010
If you think about without Homura's intervention Madoka would be a magical girl by this point, So I recon Madoka is Homura's lover/hero or both and when Madoka dies/ becomes a witch Homura could not take it and decided to become a magical girl with the wish 'save madoka', thus explaining the time travel power.
tameknightFeb 25, 2011 5:04 AM
Feb 25, 2011 4:46 AM

Nov 2010
@tameknight, wow that's a pretty good assumption. However can Kyuubey grant that kind of wish? perhaps he was not lying about Madoka/Homura being able to make miracles happen...
Feb 25, 2011 5:05 AM

Oct 2008
Already, I can see that it will be painful for Kyoko to fight Witch Sayaka and it will be painful for Madoka to sit on the sidelines yet again.

So it does seem that QB makes MS, turns them into witches, eats the grief seeds.
With the revelation he is Incubator, does this sideline the theory there is a even greater power that controls QB?

Can it not be Thursday already?
Feb 25, 2011 5:18 AM
Aug 2010
Alright here come speculated predictions.

1. Alright so Homura is definitely related to Madoka somehow. QB stating that she's from another timeline where s*** seems to have already gone down makes me think that she could be someone from the pre-existing cast. I might be thinking to far ahead but, I think that Homura is "Sayaka" from a different timeline. Maybe not actually Sayaka, but she plays the same role in her original timeline (Madoka's BFF who becomes a Magical Girl). Her anger towards Sayaka may be stemming from something like the actions of Madoka's best friend always cause Madoka to contract. Possibly some self resentment from it being her own fault in her original timeline. this idea hasn't fully formed but I'm mentally vested in it.
2. If Madoka does contract her wish is going to be to get back Sayaka and Mami's soul gems and bodies, or resurrect them as normal people. Probably why Homura tried to save Mami.
Feb 25, 2011 5:20 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, just wow. What an amazing, emotional, disturbing and revelatory episode. O_O

Kyubey being turned into swiss cheese
Homura's from the future trying to stop Kyubey's plans
Revelation of the name In-Kyubey-tor
Sayaka becoming a witch after not purifying her gem

Too much to name. This series is truly amazing.

Feb 25, 2011 5:30 AM

Jun 2009
saka said:
I like the Honmura-is-Future-Madoka and Mami-is-Trapped-in-Honmura theories. Is it possible that it's not just Mami, though? Perhaps Honmura plays Nirvana to The Incubator's Samasara? Maybe future Madoka splits into both Honmura and Kyubey? Could it be that QB is really a future manifestation of Madoka's guilt for indirectly causing all the events in the show? Probably not, but I'll still love him for being awesome anyway.

Also, could this be the true faustian-madoka character interpretation:

Faust: Madoka
Gretchin: Mami
Mephistopheles: QB
God: Homerun-chan
Feb 25, 2011 5:30 AM
Aug 2010
Kyubey is clearly a demon, who is running on the divine rules of temptation he cannot force Evil Power on to people but can tempt people with dreams and lies but the realities of the wishes are all ways bleak (Mepthistophles in Faust). So if there was a higher power he obeyed it would be the devil or the 'witch queen' who created him and I recon he is working towards an apocalypse.

I don't think Madoka is Homura because during the emotional exchange Homura cared about Madoka and showed what can only be described as love or at least the very best of friendship. If Madoka went back in time i recon she would treat herself with scorn as much of her character concept is based self-deprication (emiya shiro syndrome), I couldn't see Madoka ever trying to save herself especially if she had sacrafised herself to save someone else.
tameknightFeb 25, 2011 5:39 AM
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1541 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 3, 2011

380 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 10:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.