Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 15, 2018 6:19 AM

Oct 2017
Preparations for the school festival are underway. Everyone is working hard to finish everything on time, though it seems that Kazehaya and Sawako are both missing.
Ryu finds Kazehaya and Kazehaya informs him that he was rejected by Sawako, or so he thinks. Kurumi was listening in on everything and runs to find Sawako.

Kurumi finds Sawako and says if Sawako can’t even put up a fight for Kazehaya then they can’t be rivals, especially after how hard she fought to be with Kazehaya herself.

After school that night, Sawako is invited to Chizu’s place to help make decorations for the festival. While there, she really starts to think if she ever even got her feelings for Kazehaya properly across to him.

Kento creates a big scene the next day and tries to shout out to Sawako that Kazehaya likes her. Of course she still believes it was a different kind of like. Chizu and Ayane carry him away before he manages to say anything else. Ryu mentions to Sawako that she and Kazehaya probably don’t communicate with each other enough and honestly, he is so spot on.

After having a talk with Chizu, Ayane and Kurumi, Kento seems to finally understand that he’s not making anything better for anyone. Ayane basically said that he’s doing all these things to try and feed his own narcissism and that he doesn’t really care about anyone else. I think she’s absolutely right. I’m also pretty glad that Kurumi gave him that slap. He deserved it since he’s made things so complicated between Sawako and Kazehaya.
Feb 8, 2019 1:32 PM

Jul 2016
Well, this episode was awful. Too overdramatic for my taste. Not to mention that this misunderstanding could have been solved if only they had talked a little more after Kazehaya confess but he decided to walk away...

All in all, it felt like a rather pointless episode since the only conclusion for Sawako was to be more determined and that she should take the initiative. Those points could have been reached in the previous episode without so much drama and Kurumi's annoying crying.

That said, I hope it all be cleared in the next episode.
Dec 30, 2019 2:11 PM
Jul 2013
Quick summary of the season, over the five months, Kazehaya and Sawako spoke face to face two times, and you can count the words on your fingers. That's what's wrong with the show and I'm afraid it's beyond redemption at this stage.
It's absolutely true that side characters like Kurumi, Kent and Pin should be the main cast cause they are making it the least bit enjoyable.
Jan 12, 2020 5:20 PM
Apr 2016
I love Kurumi's honesty, her slapping him just because she felt like it was just awesome.
Jun 12, 2020 11:42 AM
Mar 2017
Kurumi is MVP for this episode, what a deserved slap
Jun 22, 2020 11:00 PM

Jan 2019
Ugh, I can't stand Sawako no more. She was so much active the previous season. Now she's just a coward again.

Although I'm glad that everyone is starting to call her off for her bullshit. She needs to mature sooner or later.
Mar 4, 2021 1:37 AM

Jun 2020
I get it’s all part of Sawako’s development but in a way she’s being real cruel to Kazehaya without even realising it. Poor boy, he seemed so hurt. And how could you hate Kento!!!!!! Sawako pls get your shit together soon I hope they sort things out by the next episode......I was hoping to see them being a sweet couple in this season it’s really dragging out :(

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 2, 2021 6:26 PM

Jan 2021
My heads hurts.
They both are idiots!!!
Sep 6, 2021 2:32 PM

Jun 2020
Animation back to slightly worse that usual...

And there I was thinking Kento was just your regular lounge lizard looking for an easy score. But it turns out he does really like Sawako and want to help her be happy even if these things are best left for the women to sort out. I feel bad for judging him now :(.

Kurumi and Chizu are right as always, Sawako needs to stop being such a self-pitying sad sack or else her friends could leave her.

Many real life people have dropped back into the abyss of loneliness when their friends and partners can't deal with the neediness and lack of trust
I know it is hard, I have been through what Sawako has and I have failed a few times, but then again none of my friends were anywhere near as close or as direct as Yano and Yoshida.
BritishBlitz87Sep 7, 2021 1:20 PM
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
Sep 7, 2021 1:46 PM

Jun 2020
k0k0 said:

Ok so maybe Kento DID deserve that slap for messing things up but come onnnnn he's the naive cute little thing. I can't bring myself to dislike him <3
He'd be so goddamn perfect for Sadako ...

Poor Kazehaya. =(
Screw Sadako. She's also crossed the limits of making the most simplest of the thing complicated.

This. Kazehaya is the real victim in this. I had a whole long reply typed out about how Kento would be more likely to have a successful relationship with Sawako because his forwardness would smash through her protective shell, while Kazehaya's very Japanese polite insinuations he likes to use work wonders on grown up women like Ayane and Kurumi but are too sophisticated for socially immature people like Sawako. But the whole bloody thing got eaten by my browser so I had to come up with a whole new metaphor and stuff.

Introverts and extroverts are like acids and bases. Put a weak acid and a strong base together and you'll get chemistry like we see betwee Kazehaya and Sawako, but only the strongest, most aggressive acids, aka Kento, can truly bring out the best reaction in in a base as alkaline as Sawako.

You can tell Kazehaya is frustrated by her lack of social skills, I said earlier that there is anger in his tone when Sawako makes another stupid misunderstanding. If this was IRL and not a soppy shoujo anime, I would say Kuronuma is in real danger of losing him.
BritishBlitz87Sep 10, 2021 10:26 AM
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
Apr 15, 2022 9:04 PM
Dec 2019
YES KURUMI! THANK YOU!
Apr 19, 2023 8:58 PM
Mar 2022
Sawako es tan desesperante y pendeja, hasta cae mal, no conozco a nadie así de inocente que malinterprete todo. Lo único bueno es Kazehaya-kun, lo que un hombre debería de ser.
Dec 11, 2023 8:34 PM

Oct 2022
At this point I don't even want a confession. They could keep it.
Also, I like how Kent pushed his nose in everyone's business and is the one who's most confused.
UndefeatedBahamut
Jan 8, 3:30 PM

Aug 2022
THIS IS A VERY VERY BAD EPISODE, VERY BAD
Feb 5, 2:21 PM
Oct 2023
SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This episode is a good episode The only reason I give it this rating is because it pisses me off that they both acknowledge that they like each other BUT IN THE END THEY THINK THAT THEY "like" each other in different ways from each other, LIKE THEY WERE SO CLOSE YET IT HAD TO BE DONE IN THAT MANNER?
Mar 12, 7:36 AM

Apr 2017
Yes! I'm glad Kento got slapped. Leave people tf alone, because you don't know everything!
Mar 12, 8:09 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to k0k0
Kurumi makes me wanna stab her to death and feed her spleen to the dogs. =D
Ayane is pure awesomeness. She needs a guy.

Ok so maybe Kento DID deserve that slap for messing things up but come onnnnn he's the naive cute little thing. I can't bring myself to dislike him <3
He'd be so goddamn perfect for Sadako ...

Poor Kazehaya. =(
Screw Sadako. She's also crossed the limits of making the most simplest of the thing complicated.
@k0k0 *seeing you praise Kento*

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 15, 2011

211 by Quiddity131 »»
Mar 23, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2011

182 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 8, 2011

221 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zimno - Feb 8, 2011

202 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 6:35 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 25, 2011

148 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 10, 12:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.