Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 21, 2011 8:36 PM

Sep 2010
Alright, so... I personally rated (what i found to be) the first season a 9, but i had to give the second season a 7, though a deeply enjoyed both (which is fine, i was gana give it an over all 8 anyway)... Heres why:

There must have been some SERIOUS rushing, as the last 6 episodes make very little sense. I mean, the episode of the final fight...

*SUPER HEALS!!!* ...
*AWESOME MOTIVATIONAL SPEECH!!!*..
"YEAH!!! LETS DO THIS!!!"
*Every one rushes in for the attack*
CUT!!! Roll the ending....

Cool... Next episode, apparently therye in the midst of repairing their lives... okay cool i guess they won... i guess... And Hiyuu is gone... Guess he filled his epic destiny to defeat the great evil, and is gone (see a trend here?). So sad... But wait, his friend, Kisaragi, SOME HOW figures out where he is (they like to do that) and sets off to find him with that dark gloomy guy... How nice...

Last episode, theyre all back, including Hiyuu... What? No quest to go find him, just "oh hey, sup... commin back now? Alright cool, i forgot a ride so were walkin... Right lets go" and bam just like that... happy ending...

ROFL weird?

Then last episode, POOF he's back, no explanation. Hooo kay...

With that rant out of the way, its worth explaining that my feeling was that there was an episode or two, between every one of the last 6 or so episodes that you didnt see. Thats how it felt any ways, i'm assuming they lost funding for the series, or there was just an issue squeezing all the story in from the manga (if there is one).

Can some one just re-cap exactly WTF happened? I felt more confused then anything. Infact, alot of this anime (though again, i enjoyed it) left me confused, but i'd like the ending wrapped up for me.

If any one could give a reasonable re-cap of what actually went on, i'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
00x
ChaosShadow00xFeb 21, 2011 8:48 PM
Mar 16, 2011 11:54 PM

Dec 2009
As far as I know, there was no rushing to finish this anime. And there are no missing episodes. Dai ni Maku ends with that tenth episode; the final two episodes are Bangai-hen, or "Extra Chapters" and are not in proper timeline order. Both extras are flashbacks (so Tatsuma is still gone).

Many people dislike the lack of closure, but the original manga (yes, there is one) ends in pretty much the same way. This anime is also based on an RPG Nintendo videogame series that started in 1998, so it has a lot of history and insider stuff that might not make sense unless you know or have played the game (which has never been released outside Japan).

The last battle didn't end, and they really didn't win. Munetaka Yagyuu fled to China, and Tatsuma Hiyuu followed him; he actually did not fulfill his epic destiny. He left his friends behind to rebuild their lives - but Kyouichi and Kisaragi leave to try and find him (in the manga, only Kyouichi goes to China). That is the ending. Sorry, but there's no wrapping it up.

If you'd like to learn more, especially on how Kyouichi knew Tatsuma trailed Yagyuu to China, or to help fill in some of the blanks, join us at the Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho Fanclub! We have a ton of thought-provoking and fun topics where we discuss all the seemingly randomness that is Tokyo Majin! All your questions will probably be answered there, especially if you look in the "Questions, Theories, and Facts" thread. ;)
Mar 17, 2011 12:39 AM

Sep 2010
holy snap i completely forgot about this topic. Hadnt i got the reply notification in my mailbox i'd have never checked lol.

Thanks for the sum up, so it does look like its exactly as i thought, except i was unaware the last 2 episodes were not contiguous with the ending. knowing that it makes a bit more sense.

Anyways, thanks again! Really did feel left in the dark about it.
Jul 18, 2013 12:43 AM

Jul 2013
Hey I know this is an old discussion, but I just finished Tokyo Majin and had the same WTF reaction. I'm a bit crazed when it comes to endings. If I am not happy with the ending (or lack thereof!) it can ruin the whole series for me. I am so upset about the lose ends left about Tatsuma. I mean, really! He was my favorite character in the whole thing and a large part of the story is centered on him and they go and leave his story up in the air like that!

... just makes me sad... :( ... That helped me blow off some steam, but this anime is going to be smarting me a bit these next couple days.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2014 12:22 AM
Sep 2014
Ok I know I am a lot late but for the new people that might check this page out let me say a couple of things. First off the ending was not all so bad because at least they didn't just leave it like this, ok we defeated the guy know we can go on with our lives and everything would be just like our lives were before we got this power and our lives will be completely normal again. Because then that would be totally cliché and just out right, "what the fuck seriously that's it", kind of way. I know they left with the main character being gone and all, but at least that is different from some other anime that ends like the way I said before. So thank you for reading and I hope I kind of help in some way possible.
ant14875Sep 21, 2014 12:30 AM
Oct 12, 2014 10:54 AM

Nov 2008
Thanks for the explanation! I'm not similiar with the game series so this helped alot to understand some things :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho: Tou Episode 8 Discussion

EShirou - Mar 24, 2011

5 by Mikii_senpai »»
Nov 26, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho: Tou Episode 14 Discussion

Krelian - May 17, 2007

23 by TitanInsane »»
Sep 23, 2023 1:18 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho: Tou Episode 13 Discussion

EShirou - Mar 26, 2011

4 by TitanInsane »»
Sep 23, 2023 12:52 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho: Tou Episode 12 Discussion

EShirou - Mar 26, 2011

2 by TitanInsane »»
Sep 23, 2023 12:35 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho: Tou Episode 11 Discussion

EShirou - Mar 26, 2011

2 by TitanInsane »»
Sep 23, 2023 12:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.