Forum Settings
Forums

High School Light Music Clubs Overcrowded With K-ON Fans

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 16, 2011 4:22 PM
Jul 2010
I can see this much too easily going in the shugo chara direction and having 5 girls dress up and introduce the show, possibly do the theme songs.....*shiver*
Jun 7, 2011 10:40 PM

May 2011
imperlast said:
what i find is funny is k-on is animed at 18+ males but i can see why it would srtike it on with teen girls, but damn lol

To me, except for a few small moments of pervertedness, like sawa-chan threatening to grab the girls boobs in the bathhouse, K-on has that Disney all ages type feel to it.

I heard the Manga seemed to be more adult oriented. but thats just hearsay. i haven't read it myself.
Jul 1, 2011 10:33 PM
Apr 2008
if i were born in japan i would enter the light music club for sure after watching k-on...

even here, after every single episode i watch from the series, it always makes me want to play rock band xD
Jul 2, 2011 3:40 AM

Jul 2010
They probably joined because they have watched K-On! I'd probably joined a light music club if I already know how to play an instrument unlike Yui who didn't know how to play a guitar at first.

Guess it shows that anime/manga can really influence real life. Which it can be a good thing sometimes.
Jul 13, 2011 2:23 PM

Feb 2010
better them buying real guitars than me playing rock band drums on expert. ( i play quite a bit and have gotten pretty good since i started out ). but i can imagine rock band has hurt my chances playing real drums since the notes are right in front of me.
Jul 31, 2011 12:13 PM

Jun 2008
ukonkivi said:
FOE-tan said:
but all Japanese girls really want is to be rich

You're stereotyping Japanese women and I don't much enjoy it.
I thought that was just an American stereotype. *roll eyes*
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Sep 10, 2011 10:15 AM
Apr 2011
Wow, so it turns out guys aren't the only ones who watch shows like these, the demographic being Shounen and all.

Well, my impression thankfully was wrong.
Sep 11, 2011 6:45 AM

Apr 2011
I've started learning the guitar, not just inspired from K-On, but it would be a lie if I said it didn't contribute. Luckily K-On is a good show to imitate rather then a lot of other anime. :)

Dec 6, 2011 3:38 PM
Jul 2018
Shant said:
Wow, so it turns out guys aren't the only ones who watch shows like these, the demographic being Shounen and all.

Well, my impression thankfully was wrong.

Almost everyone I know who watches anime watches and loves the series. My sister. My brother. My friends. Ere'body.
Jan 11, 2012 3:41 PM

May 2011
I would have to agree that one of the major negative aspects of the show is how much music is being illustrated as something really simple and being good is even managable with a total lack of dedication... I also missed that kind of growing and improving which seemed to be completely left out in this show as it would probably have made it a little more interesting for me...

Nevertheless, I can understand why this show motivates people to learn playing and instrument and to be part of a band. The only problematic issue is that it deals with rather unrealistic proportions relating certain fields and by that I am not only refering to the already mentioned lack of dedication and the simplification of making music as these motivation creating factors are rather to be considered positive as long as you don't think to critically about it/already have made your experiences.
An instance would be the purchase of Yui's first guitar or even the recommendation to buy an instrument in the price range of approximately 500$ as there are way cheaper options that easily fulfill their purpose and are in my opinion the only appropriate choice for every beginner. Saying that, I am not only addressing those who "just want to check it out" or "got inspired by this fun little show" but everyone who consideres it in any way. Decent electric guitar sets, for example, can be obtained for a price around 150$ and that is the approximate amount a beginner should spend.

I play guitar for about 10 years now, although I unfortunately never did it on a regular base. In my opinion an instrument is like a weapon in a good rpg; its quality reflects the skill of its wielder and no beginner should start with one that doesn't suit his or her skill. It is something you have to earn bit by bit and once you have discovered that you actually do have the sufficient interest to play it for more that just a couple of months and once you have reached a certain level you may still consider buying a more expensive piece.
KottbullarJan 13, 2012 10:25 AM
Nov 16, 2012 11:28 PM
Nov 2012
Well, I got inspired by K-On!! (Note the 2 exclamation marks) to form a band. My friends and I got together; and now we've written our very first song :)
It isn't that hard to do something you really want to do. Now, I'm gonna buy my first guitar and live my HighSchool years to the fullest.
Sep 13, 2013 1:04 PM

Oct 2012
I knew "K-On!" was a great anime, but.... Just wow O.O
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

15 by RobertBobert »»
Today, 1:39 AM

» 'Fruits Basket' Creator Launches New Manga

Hyperion_PS - Sep 2, 2023

20 by KeyboardBunny »»
Yesterday, 8:04 AM

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Feb 22

6 by JackAward »»
Apr 13, 1:07 PM

» Voice Actress Mutsumi Tamura Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Apr 1

15 by CrackedYolk »»
Apr 12, 10:50 PM

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

23 by infanf »»
Apr 12, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.