Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2014 10:21 PM

Oct 2013
DarknessOfEmo said:
LeeroyJenkin619 said:
The cars look like "Hot wheels"

This.

Too much talking.
It sucks.
Why is this an movie? Should of put ova instead.
If it had a season then this will made sense.
Ripoff version of redline
Dat girl ass
6/10

look tailenders came out within a month gap of redline. dont really think its an 100% rip off. like wouldnt be surprised if it had the same people working on each anime, but, dont be so quick to slander
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 20, 2016 12:25 AM

Nov 2013
Someone uploaded this to YouTube not too long ago, which is how I discovered it. I have to say, it's a shame the studio never did anything else, with a bit more work and experience they could have made some great stuff. Overall, I give this a solid 6/10 and I'm surprised it's not rated at least a 7.5/10
Dec 23, 2016 9:04 AM
Jun 2016
Just finished it recently and I loved it.. especially the main cast
I would also like to share my opinion on that ending.

It seems to me that he won that race right when he said "this isn't our finish line!" at the end (she somehow heard him say it)... i think that they will meet in a few years cos it was only cca 50 seconds after he separated from her in that place, so it shouldn't be that long... maybe she figured that out too right when she heard him...
Well, i might be wrong, but i like the idea of it..

What do you think?
Would be good reason for sequel...hehe
Oct 1, 2018 9:29 AM

Apr 2014
This is exactly what I needed. What a fucking ride.
Jun 7, 2019 8:10 PM
May 2019
Neat film for sure, had a nice time overall. I watched Redline before this one, but what was neat was seeing two different, but in many ways similar, animation styles and techniques. Seems like Madhouse just has more to pump into their film, but as a pure visual experience both films were a joy; just rather weak lore-wise, but that isn't a big deal either to me personally given the nature of these films.
Jun 30, 2019 9:22 PM

Apr 2018
I just finished watching it, the story and animation were great but the race was short and not interesting but I still want its sequel.

Aug 13, 2019 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
best way to describe this 'movie' is that it was overall a wasted effort. Felt like this was ad to something racing game but apparently it wasn't.
Nov 4, 2019 5:02 PM

Jul 2010
Story was 11/10. The author must have wild imagination skills. I wish it was longer, had developed characters and put a little more effort into worldbuilding.

As is, I am not sure why this was even made. Maybe it is an abandoned full length movie. Or maybe it was made to demonstrate the skills of company Picograph.

Anyway, great movie. I am glad I watched it. If this was a full-length movie like Redline, I think it would be one of my favorites.
May 9, 2021 7:13 AM
Jul 2018
Basically, a weaker version of Redline but that still means a lot. Some really funky stuff with excellent Gainax esque character designs and CG ranging from decent to mid. Overall, solid 8 but would have way better if had the same type of production like Redline and if it was longer
Jul 4, 2021 5:40 AM

Aug 2017
That "Loser King" fellow surely looked a bit like Dio from the back lol. The story is a total mishmash of concepts that sound fun, though.
Feb 27, 7:30 PM

Dec 2022
pretty interesting concept, kind of fun! damn sure not comparable to Redline other than the racing aspect but kinda neat in its own right
Mar 6, 4:18 PM

Aug 2017
Loved the story and the animation, too bad it was short so things got rushed, I wish there was a full series of it,
I'll give it an 8, if it was a full movie it would've received the same popularity of Redline if not more because of the story.
DekomMar 6, 4:34 PM
Mar 30, 11:15 AM
Mar 2023
Redline but shorter and crazier, I’d say a mix of Redline and Dead Leaves. Love it, I wish it was longer.

More topics from this board

» Tailenders Trailer

harakiri - Mar 9, 2009

3 by Dekom »»
Mar 6, 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.