MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

MyAnimeGraph.k.vu [Life spent on animu; timeline; recommendations]
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Creative Corner »» MyAnimeGraph.k.vu [Life spent on animu; timeline; recommendations]

Pages (30) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »
03-20-12, 4:33 PM

Question: How exactly does the bot find out about what you've seen? Does it go look on your anime list?

The reason I'm asking is because I usually only go look at my list when updating, yet my list views is increasing alot every day. Once it went up by over 300 in 8 hours
Is it the bot? Or do I have a stalker who likes looking at my list :/

Also help! I can't remember my pass for some reason :c
Modified by TheResistance, 03-20-12, 4:52 PM

03-21-12, 1:24 AM

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I don't know about the episodes, but the Time spent shows 6 days 16 hours in the last two slots and has been for at least 2 days now. I think I should be in the next week/month already.
Uhhm... packet?

TheResistance said:
Question: How exactly does the bot find out about what you've seen? Does it go look on your anime list?
The 'packet' bot won't directly take data from your animelist, so it won't visit it.

The simple answer to your question is yes, a bot does view your animelist, but isn't the tracker's one; all over the internet, there are many spiders and bots looking for tags and such. Among them, you'll find out about the Google spider. When one searches something on google, a spider (bot) will go through known tags and display relevant data. Simply because you've put tags in your animelist, your animelist is prone to be visited by these bots each time a relevant tag is searched through one of the big search engines :)

You might also have a stalker (fufu, Yuno), but that's not for me to decide xD

Send a private to packet regarding the pass problem. :D

03-21-12, 9:11 PM

koleare said:
_hisoka_ said:
mine says what the squid :(
http://myanimegraph.k.vu/trackers/hisoka/3671.png

help kudasai! X(
There are two possibilities.
First, it takes a day at most for the tracker to be generated. Just be patient and it will appear.
Second, you didn't press the save button(?)

i did.. thanks.. but its not working..
i deleted that one and created another one: http://myanimegraph.k.vu/trackers/hisoka/3667.png

it is still the same..
thanks anyways..

03-22-12, 7:55 AM

I can see it just fine. The second one, I mean.

03-22-12, 8:52 AM

My tracker has finally moved on to the next quote and chibi, thanks to whoever is responsible for it!

Finally cracked 5 months xD
Meh.

03-22-12, 2:51 PM

koleare said:
I can see it just fine. The second one, I mean.

oh wow thats true..

03-24-12, 6:10 PM

Can you add this chibi character to the tracker so I can use it?
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g346/Ex-Hitokiri/Anime/Misato.png
Misato Katsuragi (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

03-24-12, 6:36 PM

Kogarashi said:
Can you add this chibi character to the tracker so I can use it?
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g346/Ex-Hitokiri/Anime/Misato.png
Misato Katsuragi (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

Yeah give me a bit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

03-25-12, 4:34 AM

OK, thanks. But I don't get it. Now that I logged into my account, I have a different quote. Why? I had a quote from Misato Katsuragi (Neon Genesis Evangelion) but now I have from Natsume Takashi (Natsume Yuujinchou). Does the quote auto-change?
Modified by Napstar, 03-25-12, 4:45 AM

03-25-12, 8:14 AM

Kogarashi said:
OK, thanks. But I don't get it. Now that I logged into my account, I have a different quote. Why? I had a quote from Misato Katsuragi (Neon Genesis Evangelion) but now I have from Natsume Takashi (Natsume Yuujinchou). Does the quote auto-change?

Apparently the quote changes every 5 episodes that you watch :)

03-25-12, 10:25 AM

hello minna!! ^_^

I have a stupid question too.
I tried to make a tracker with the chibi that I wanted but I failed.
Can you help me? Can you tell me the steps? How to do it?

My friend code: 0688 - 6300 - 6898

03-25-12, 10:40 AM

When in the control panel:

0. (in case you don't have a tracker yet) Generate a new tracker
1. Click 'generate chibis'
2. Click to 'only allow'
3. Click on the chibi you want
4. Click save
5. Profit???

03-25-12, 3:47 PM

added le chibi
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

03-26-12, 4:03 AM

I think... my quote is a troll rofl
Vegeku lolololol

03-26-12, 2:58 PM

Alright so I thought I'd contribute some Chibi's.

Wish I had some quotes to contribute....since packet mentioned we need more quotes.

03-27-12, 1:56 AM

For quotes just have like a notebook or laptop with you to write them down when you hear when you like. When watching anime of course.

I'll add the chibis later

03-28-12, 11:10 AM

@Gregory: I should try that.

03-28-12, 4:08 PM

Wasn't paying attention enough when adding them, really hope I didn't add any duplicates.

But added le chibis ...

03-28-12, 6:11 PM

Please add these chibi's

take your time since there's kinda a lot >_<

03-29-12, 1:13 PM

How long does it take for the tracker to generate itself?
I followed the walkthrough by koleare and the pic says to wait till an hour, but it's been a day since I create it and it still says "what the squid?"

03-30-12, 12:15 AM

crystal_yuy said:
How long does it take for the tracker to generate itself?
I followed the walkthrough by koleare and the pic says to wait till an hour, but it's been a day since I create it and it still says "what the squid?"
It seems like it takes more and more time to generate itself. The server is very lazy from what I see. There have been cases when people waited for more than 2 days for the tracker to get generated :-/

Be patient, that's what I recommend :)

03-31-12, 1:45 PM

I submitted a bunch of new quotes yesterday, can you look over them?
Dermatitus have plagued men for millenia. Peace, THERE IS NO CURE.

04-01-12, 9:44 AM

How often the picture in tracker generate itself? I have Naruto about the month.

04-01-12, 10:31 AM

Kuraudo_ said:
How often the picture in tracker generate itself? I have Naruto about the month.
Once you've seen 12 hours worth of anime.
If you've seen them, check your quote next and colored bar above the tracker.
If none of them reloaded during this time, send a PM to packet telling him your tracker won't reload.

04-04-12, 7:32 AM

add these chibis
Modified by Sango_chan_desu, 04-04-12, 8:07 AM

04-04-12, 7:47 PM

Sango_chan_desu said:
add these chibis

Add a please and we have a deal :3

@CrystalLake Ill add yours tomorrow or on Friday.

04-07-12, 2:49 AM

My tracker (number of episodes) hasn't updated for a couple of days.

04-07-12, 4:44 AM

AlexSadist-sama said:
My tracker (number of episodes) hasn't updated for a couple of days.
Send a PM to packet.

04-11-12, 6:40 AM

@koleare
Does your tracker count the times we've rewatched animes too?
13x2 and so on.

04-11-12, 8:31 AM

Des said:
@koleare
13x2 and so on.

No because of the way that MAL has it set up, Packet cannot make the tracker count rewatched anime. And if you guys are wondering I still haven't added in those chibis yet, I will stop procrastinating eventually though.
Modified by gregory003, 04-11-12, 8:54 AM

04-11-12, 10:15 AM

koleare said:
If none of them reloaded during this time, send a PM to packet telling him your tracker won't reload.

It's changed yesterday, finally! :) Thanks.

04-11-12, 12:36 PM

Kuraudo_ said:
koleare said:

It's changed yesterday, finally! :) Thanks.

That's because I sent a PM to packet to reload the tracker because mine was also frozen again. packet made a work around for it so it shouldn't happen again.

04-11-12, 1:59 PM

gregory003 said:
Des said:
@koleare
13x2 and so on.

No because of the way that MAL has it set up, Packet cannot make the tracker count rewatched anime. And if you guys are wondering I still haven't added in those chibis yet, I will stop procrastinating eventually though.
That's a tad wrong actually. MAL will provide re-watches, but only once. If you've seen an anime 4 times (watch plus 3 re-watches), it will count only as two. (watch plus one re-watch) So the answer to your question Des, is yes, but only limited to x2 :)

04-11-12, 2:23 PM

I don't know if it's a coincidence (probably ^^;;), but I've found that every time my tracker freezes, if you go and manually get a new quote (assuming it'll allow you, since you can only request a new quote once every change) then the tracker refreshes itself within a couple of hours. But again i don't know if that'll work for everyone or if it was just coincidences. Just thought I'd say! :3

04-12-12, 1:32 AM

Sandileina said:
I don't know if it's a coincidence (probably ^^;;), but I've found that every time my tracker freezes, if you go and manually get a new quote (assuming it'll allow you, since you can only request a new quote once every change) then the tracker refreshes itself within a couple of hours. But again i don't know if that'll work for everyone or if it was just coincidences. Just thought I'd say! :3
This needs testing. Thanks for the input!
I'll try and see its validity :)

EDIT: For now, this seems to be true. I'll add some more hours and try it.

Edit2: It seems to be a bug with the 'quote' request thing. Thanks again for the input!

EDIT3: Scratch that. It seems it reloaded.
Modified by koleare, 04-14-12, 3:44 AM

04-13-12, 8:56 PM

not sure if this is ongoing, but i just made one earlier today (about 12 hours ago and i still have a 404 error kinda thing going on...http://myanimegraph.k.vu/trackers/Master7Zero/4766.png any ideas what to do?

and you can only change the quote only once? man i have a stupid one...

04-14-12, 12:09 PM

Just made mine today. Love that you made something like this ^_^

Will wait a couple days for it to generate.

Thanks!

04-14-12, 4:38 PM

Redrumy3 said:
Just made mine today. Love that you made something like this ^_^

Will wait a couple days for it to generate.

Thanks!

i dont understand why it would take a couple days to work? i wish others who have it could post up how long it took them for theirs to show

04-15-12, 3:05 AM

It took me about two days. :3 It'll show up eventually.

04-15-12, 2:30 PM

going on day 3 now, but i wonder why it takes so long,,,,, can you also change the quote again or was it only a 1 time thing?

04-15-12, 2:56 PM

^_^ mine is working now. Awesome I wonder if MAL will ever have something like this officially. Either way thanks for your hard work and allowing us to have this!

04-16-12, 11:10 AM

finally, took 3 days.. so can you choose your character? or is it random? because isee you can ban or have diff characters like it would be random everytime its refreshed or something

04-16-12, 12:30 PM

Master7Zero said:
finally, took 3 days.. so can you choose your character? or is it random? because isee you can ban or have diff characters like it would be random everytime its refreshed or something

If you go to chibi selection, you can select which chibis you want to have. Then, they're supposed to refresh every 6 hours, but I find they refresh more like every 12, which is better I think otherwise I'd end up missing some as I sleep :p

04-17-12, 7:03 PM

The maximum signature size is 600px wide by 150px tall with a maximum file size of 300kb, though the tracker images seem to go to 650px wide. If you could somehow restrict the maximum width that would be ideal, otherwise we'll have to start manually removing the signatures of people going over the limit.

04-17-12, 7:30 PM

saka said:
The maximum signature size is 600px wide by 150px tall with a maximum file size of 300kb, though the tracker images seem to go to 650px wide. If you could somehow restrict the maximum width that would be ideal, otherwise we'll have to start manually removing the signatures of people going over the limit.

Couldn't you just increase the max size limit by 50 px? That'd be much easier and wouldn't be a big issue from what I see ...

04-17-12, 11:08 PM

There is no plan to increase the signature size limits. It was difficult enough to get the consensus to bump the height to 150px from 140px and that was only because new users were breaking it too often by assuming a multiple of 50px. Many users are vehement against having large garish signatures taking up most of the screen space, and larger images inhibit the use of the forums on many mobile devices.

04-18-12, 3:42 AM

Alright, I don't see the big deal for 50 px, but it isn't really my tracker.

04-18-12, 3:56 PM

I've made an "account" and made tracker, but it only registers 1031 episode. I've quite obviously seen way more. Does it update after some time or?

04-19-12, 2:21 AM

Master7Zero said:
going on day 3 now, but i wonder why it takes so long,,,,, can you also change the quote again or was it only a 1 time thing?
Yes. You can change the quote only once until it changes by itself (it should be after you've seen 5 episodes).
As for it taking so long... it became tardy in the last month. Some optimizations might ensue.
Master7Zero said:
You can choose characters, of course.
By choosing to ban a character, that character won't appear in the tracker anymore. So, to have only the character you'd want, you 'll ban every other character. You can do this simpler by choosing to allow that character, which will ban every other character.
If you allow more characters, the one who'll appear in the tracker will be a random one from them.
gregory003 said:
saka said:

Couldn't you just increase the max size limit by 50 px? That'd be much easier and wouldn't be a big issue from what I see ...
The current limit is quite nice. Saka's explanation also seems legit. 50pxs more mean 10-100kbs more => more time to load on mobile users and more bandwidth used.
nina4life said:
I've made an "account" and made tracker, but it only registers 1031 episode. I've quite obviously seen way more. Does it update after some time or?
I won't check, but it might be something with your re-watches. Re-watches will be taken only once into account (i.e., you've seen an anime 4 times - 1 watch + 3 re-watches - but the tracker will take them only as two watches - 1 watch + 1 re-watch). This is a bug from the MAL api (the database from which the tracker takes its data), which has yet to be resolved.

04-19-12, 3:12 AM

I actually have re-watched only 1 anime so that's out of question. Oh well, maybe it will get solved on its own. Thx anyway.

Pages (30) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »
Advertising     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy