3It was OK
8.2%
2Disliked it
7.2%
1Hated it
10.4%
Average 4.0
318 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 15, 2011 8:25 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't know what to say without spoiling... so heavy...

Anyway, I hope Sawako can solve the problem and her thinking (though I already know the answer from manga).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 15, 2011 4:30 PM

Sep 2010
I kinda hate kurunii-chan in this episode ><
poor kaazy-chan after he did his best to tell her his feelings
she totally misunderstood him -.-
kentooo i just wanna hit him XP
can't wait for the next episode @__@
Feb 15, 2011 5:38 PM

Sep 2008
Let the relationship breakdown begins....
Feb 15, 2011 7:09 PM

Dec 2009
Poor Kazehaya! I just can't stand to see his sad face, it's make me feel so sad ( I cried when I saw Kazehaya's sad face ).
Sawako just think too much but she only really don't to cause trouble to her friends.
I hope that Sawako realize her feeling and Kazehaya's feeling as soon as possible. (I read the manga so I know what will happen next ).
But I still very look forward for the next episode.

Feb 15, 2011 8:25 PM

Jul 2010
what a likely shoujyo manga. but it is considerably interesting.

Kazehaya was effeminate for a moment.
I forgave Kento because he is just a stupid
...dont say sadako

anyway,i give this ☆☆☆☆☆ .
i felt nostalgia painfully a moment.
Feb 15, 2011 8:38 PM
Nov 2008
I constantly went back and forth between dancing in my chair and screaming at my screen. Oh the confessions that made my heart leap out of my chest! But oh the misunderstandings...how do I not see this shit coming!? ;_;

The season got off to a rocky start, but KnT is the show I love again! I really really really hope it reaches a conclusion. The path to it is so very very there! God help me if this season makes me wait again!
Feb 15, 2011 8:50 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, I don't even...

WHAT THE FUCK?!

I went from, "Yes, yes, YES!"
To, "No, no, NO!"

How can they mess this up!? Seriously, how!? Now they're both going to be moping around thinking they got rejected. She thinks that he was being nice to her because she forced it on him, and he thinks that she only thinks of him as a nice person and a friend. What. The. Hell.

Yano, why did Chizu have to go and cut you off from telling Sawako the truth? Why?

*Sighs* Oh well, okay, I'm calm now. On another note, I loved the captions for:

"Kazehaya - (Angry?)"
"Flamboyant Dude?"
"Sadako!! - "(Crying)"

But really people, I didn't even know it was possible to have a broken heart when it's not even your freaking relationship. This was just as sad as some of the episode of Bokura ga Ita. Jeez. T_T
Feb 15, 2011 8:57 PM

Aug 2009

GOSH! HOW COMPLEX CAN THIS GET?? X__X

He likes her, she likes him..
He thinks she doesnt like him like THAT, and she thinks he does like her like THAT
But they do like eachother that way..-___-

Anyway...

Sawako looks so pretty when she cries! *__*

And, Ayane looks so pretty here! :3
ImNotLulexiaaFeb 15, 2011 9:01 PM
Feb 15, 2011 9:43 PM

Jun 2010
Just wanted to beat both because of the mess they create in their heads -.-
Feb 15, 2011 9:50 PM

Nov 2008
My insights about this episode:

(Angry?) : LEARN YOUR LESSON KENT!! THERE ARE LIMITS OF BEING NOSY!! >: O

(Flamboyant dude?) : Is it just me or the characters become prettier especially Ayane :D likin' them lashez xDD

(Crying): Oi oi, what the hell went wrong with those two? I don't understand why Sadako cried and it's definitely not tears of joy... I don't see what made Sawako misunderstood that she had been rejected. I thought it was a straight confession... sucks to be clueless T_____T

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 15, 2011 9:58 PM

Dec 2008
*face palm* How much plainer can he say it? Though once endearing, I am so over Sawako's ignorance. In all honesty, she has to be one of my least favourite characters on the show.
Pin was awesome though.
Feb 15, 2011 10:00 PM

Sep 2008
Well, I spent most of this episode trying to keep myself from beating the crap out of the nearest object and throwing my computer across the room.

I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE WHAT I'M SEEING.
KnilFeb 15, 2011 10:03 PM
Feb 15, 2011 10:08 PM

Mar 2009
*Bangs head against wall* Unbelievable, how much more simple can Kazehaya make it for her. I mean I know she isn't normal like other girls and is lacking in self-confidence but what guy comes up to you and says "I like you" and means it as a friend?
I almost killed myself watching this and it seems like Kurumi is in the next episode judging from the previews, come to see how she screws the situation up even worse now.

Finally Kazehaya grew some balls, but then they were promptly cut off by Sadako and her misunderstanding mind. *sighs*

I'm going to cry and hope it turns out alright somehow.
Feb 15, 2011 10:26 PM

Jul 2008
Well, I guess it would be a little odd if the happily-ever-after came midway through the season lulz. Still, it's pretty brutal having to wait an entire week for the next episode.
Feb 15, 2011 10:52 PM

Feb 2010
Come on now, Sawako... that much negativity will get you nowhere!

While these two continue to frustrate just about everyone, the payoff should be worth it. I do look forward to seeing her finally admit her feelings and stop second-guessing herself.

sexijiFeb 15, 2011 10:57 PM
Feb 15, 2011 11:03 PM

Aug 2010
GOSH! I can't believe how much I hated this episode!!! Nah, just kidding, I loved it! I kept pounding at my table and shouting at the screen throughout this episode... which my mother thought I was a freak. :P

But what I really hate is the confusion between Sawako and Kazehaya. Stupid Kent! I can't believe what he said in the previous episode and this episode! I got so freaking mad at him! And just when the "moment" finally arrives, they both think of it as the wrong way! UGH! So frustrating! And how could Kazehaya's friends do that thing?! That's so mean! Laughing at what they heard! I'd like to punch them in the face.

I think the only things that I liked was Pin trying to cheer her up and Yano and Chizu helping Sawako with her problem!

Can't wait for next episode!
metalliciousFeb 15, 2011 11:12 PM
Feb 15, 2011 11:26 PM

Jan 2011
The way they just misunderstand each other just frustrates me, It's good that Sawako's issue on the way she perceives Shota's kindness would be seemingly solve do hope Shota's side gets better.
Feb 15, 2011 11:28 PM

Apr 2010
This is good. this is good... I can't wait for the next episode it's going to be a roller coaster.

Feb 15, 2011 11:53 PM

Aug 2010
really good episode, but i wish sawako would just understan that he likes her already!!!!

cant wait for the next episode ^^
Feb 16, 2011 12:02 AM

Jun 2009
Dammit Kazehaya and dammit Sawako.

*impatiently waits for the next episode*
Feb 16, 2011 12:55 AM

Dec 2010
Ahh what a funny episode. When you think they finally got it, the next second your head meets the desk. Although the misunderstandings are tiring, the show still manages to be super entertaining.
Feb 16, 2011 1:24 AM

Sep 2009
OMG, how is this even possible!?! I really like this show, but this is starting to be one of the most frustrating relationships I have ever seen. I know they are going to feel dumb when they both find out they liked each other all along.
Feb 16, 2011 2:19 AM
Jun 2010
this is just RIDICULOUS.... how can they get it wrong so many freaking times???
i must say that its borderline retarded right now, and it looks like even in the next few episodes they will still be as dumb as the were from the start of the 2nd season.

this whole season has been so ridiculous at times that i sometimes want to just quit in the middle of the episode.
im sorry, but this is going down hill FAST.
Feb 16, 2011 2:56 AM
Nov 2008
main reaction for this episode : GAHHH NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU RAGEEEEEEEE

I knew this was coming and I knew it was annoying but hell no it still pisses me off...all this misunderstanding RAGE RAGE RAGE
Feb 16, 2011 3:27 AM
Dec 2008
Seriously wtf, how can you possibly misinterpret that?!?!?!?

I'm starting to wish for a ending like in the "School days" anime.
Feb 16, 2011 3:33 AM

Nov 2008
Holy shit, SUDDEN CONFESSION! BABABABABABA.

And then the CONFUSION kicks in again. Why?! It's not even a language barrier we're talking here, but there is definitely something wrong how certain sayings in Japanese have double meanings and/or can be interpreted differently. In English, when a guy would tell a girl 'I like you', 9 outta 10 times she gets the message. Pretty clear, and so it may be everywhere else, but oh, not here. It only takes someone insecure or an unfortunate coward to take it the other way.. Aarghh deh blaarghh.

Have to say though, emotions in this episode were definitely raw. There's only few things in life that make you want to bawl your eyes out so hard, like Sawako did.

edit: also cleaned topic from dem sub-desperate posts.
desolatoFeb 16, 2011 3:37 AM
Feb 16, 2011 3:38 AM

Apr 2008
OMG SO DAMN FRUSTRATING :S
Was cursing many times :P

Kazehaya should have just said he likes her as more then a friend instead.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH :P

Feb 16, 2011 3:59 AM

Mar 2010
I didn't understand the misunderstanding.. T_T try harder sawakoo
Feb 16, 2011 4:13 AM

Jul 2009
Isn't Sawako kinda retarded?
Feb 16, 2011 4:51 AM

May 2009
Iilia said:
I went from, "Yes, yes, YES!"
To, "No, no, NO!"
Yano, why did Chizu have to go and cut you off from telling Sawako the truth? Why?
But really people, I didn't even know it was possible to have a broken heart when it's not even your freaking relationship. Jeez. T_T

Des said:
Kazehaya should have just said he likes her as more then a friend instead.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH :P

My thoughts exactly. Stupid Kazehaya! I was hoping Ayane would go beat the crap out of him and have him clear everything out.
Feb 16, 2011 4:52 AM
Mar 2008
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU SO FRUSTRATING AHAHASHDLKASDLKDSAHDLKJWAKDWJ

Looks like next episode is gonna be even more chaotic T_T
Feb 16, 2011 4:54 AM

Mar 2010
In Sawako's defense, Kent planted the "seed of doubt" in Sawako's mind, thus causing her to misunderstand Shouta's confession.

"But your like is different from mine"

Shouta's POV: "I love Sawako but she only likes me as a friend."
Sawako's POV: "I love Shouta but he only likes me as a friend."

You can't blame anyone here... except maybe Kent and even he admits that he might've fucked up.

Granted, this is the infamous "misunderstood confession" scene from the manga...

-Kirino-Feb 16, 2011 5:16 AM
Feb 16, 2011 4:58 AM

Nov 2007
I too went from facepalm to facedesk.
Jeez, everything went so well. Kazehaya even clarified his confession by using the word 'Koi' (i.e. expressing it's affection/love instead of just liking), but than continues with the dreaded line:
"your like isn't like my like"
and we're back to square one.

But as frustrating and heartwrenching it is to watch, I do appreciate what the show is doing. Chizu scolding Sawako was the key-scene for me this ep.
Because it's Sawako's low self-esteem that's the root of the problem. That's what's making her so eager to believe Kazehaya is only pitying her.
Kazehaya's confession alone isn't enough to solve that.
It's not satisfying to see them start a relationship, while Sawako still sees herself as the ugly duckling.
Everything around her has changed, she just needs to 'open her eyes' to see it.

I think that's what Kent was aiming for, but yeah, he's an idiot who misunderstood things, so he didn't help at all.
Still, 2 people have said it straight in her face now, so if she's not gonna realise things by next ep, I'll probably end up smashing my screen :P
Feb 16, 2011 5:15 AM

Mar 2010
Sawako's low self-esteem and Kazehaya's poor choice of words... Oh well, I'll just give it a few more episodes...
Feb 16, 2011 5:23 AM

Apr 2010
Absolutely loved the start of this episode, I was screaming at screen for Kazehaya to punch Kent.. but I didn't think he'd actually get violent with him the way he did. That was awesome. I also liked how Kazehaya admitted he likes Sawako in front of all his friends when they were acting as though he never could.
HATED the misunderstanding... and hated Sawako-chan crying for most of the episode.. I'm gonna end up in tears next time ;_;

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
Feb 16, 2011 5:38 AM

Jun 2008
Well at least Kazehaya finally confessed to her.
I just hope Sawako will clear this up.
Really good episode!
Feb 16, 2011 5:49 AM

Jan 2009
Kudos to Chizu for finally telling Sawako to buck up and stop being so down on herself and over-thinking everything. Now, if only she'd done that in the first season....
Feb 16, 2011 7:06 AM
Nov 2010
cleo said:
I too went from facepalm to facedesk.
Jeez, everything went so well. Kazehaya even clarified his confession by using the word 'Koi' (i.e. expressing it's affection/love instead of just liking), but than continues with the dreaded line:
"your like isn't like my like"
and we're back to square one.

But as frustrating and heartwrenching it is to watch, I do appreciate what the show is doing. Chizu scolding Sawako was the key-scene for me this ep.
Because it's Sawako's low self-esteem that's the root of the problem. That's what's making her so eager to believe Kazehaya is only pitying her.
Kazehaya's confession alone isn't enough to solve that.
It's not satisfying to see them start a relationship, while Sawako still sees herself as the ugly duckling.
Everything around her has changed, she just needs to 'open her eyes' to see it.

This is pretty much it in a nutshell. Some people posting in the thread don't seem to understand that Sawako cannot possibly comprehend Kazehaya liking her as more than a friend - it just doesn't exist in her universe. At least Chizu told her what everyone was thinking, that she is being a moron and putting herself down unnecessarily. During this season, KnT becomes more like a common shoujo anime but it's still treated with intelligence that her friends usually echo what the viewer/reader is thinking at the time.
Feb 16, 2011 7:15 AM
Jun 2009
*HEAD FRICKING DESK*

I read this before in the manga but STILL. Ughhh. Not to spoil anything but you guys might start liking a certain character next week. :P And for the folks who have only watched the anime....hang in there.

^EDIT: Good point, gotta love the supporting characters.
Feb 16, 2011 7:47 AM

Nov 2007
-Kirino- said:
Sawako's low self-esteem and Kazehaya's poor choice of words... Oh well, I'll just give it a few more episodes...

No, Kazehaya made it very clear.
gg translated it as: "I did those things cause I like you", but he used the word 'koi' (tender affection, love), instead of 'suki' (liking).
It's as 7godeohs says: Sawako just can't comprehend that, and so she concludes they don't love each other the same way.
Feb 16, 2011 8:29 AM

Apr 2010
Romance that builds a story on a whole lot of misunderstandings. Oh let's add more misunderstandings, it's not annoying, it just shows how idiotic people can be... wait, that's not even realistic.
Feb 16, 2011 8:44 AM

Sep 2010
Huh…seems like I wasn’t the only one headdesking throughout the episode. Seriously I was delighted when Kazehaya confessed cos I did not expect that from him, at least not so early, but…goddamit Sawako. How much clearer must he say it? “I like you AND WANT TO BANG YOUR FREAKING BRAIN OUT!”? He even uses the word “koi” and she still kept on misunderstanding…
…now this is not just poor characterization anymore on Sawakos side; this is blatantly dragging on the story.
Feb 16, 2011 8:54 AM

Apr 2008
haha, weirdass confession in front of unrelated people (awkward audience is awkward) then once more to get it to her thick socially impaired head but noooooo! This isn't frustrating, it's damn funny! Kimi ni Todoke is milking this misunderstanding plot device to where no plot device has been milked before, lol, it's an art in itself.
Feb 16, 2011 8:56 AM

Feb 2009
OMG HE CONFESSED! But omfg Sawako, I can't believe she misunderstood!
I'm pretty sure Kurimi is going to butt in in the next few episodes and ruin what's been started.. I'm so frustrated right now!
Feb 16, 2011 9:28 AM

Nov 2009
After I saw NANA I've though that there can't be another romance anime that'll make me so messed up.

There is.

I've though there can't be more of misunderstandings in this.

There can. And I bet there will be more. -cries- Kazehaya's sad face pains me so much. :<

Feb 16, 2011 9:29 AM

Nov 2007
In Sawako's defence: she has been an outcast for the longest time, and you simply don't do a confidence-boost overnight.
It's only been 1-2 months since she fully realised that she loved him.
Knowing where she's coming from, you can't expect her to immediately jump to the conclusion that it might be mutual.
In fact, she doesn't do any jumping at all, it's babysteps.

But now that Kazehaya has confessed, she has to take a big step, and by that they'll be able to have a relationship based on equality.
Feb 16, 2011 10:07 AM

May 2010
What's entertaining in this episode is the audience' amusing reactions. xD

Anyway, about this ep, it was entertaining to stir my reactions.

I was glad Kazehaya said something about his feelings but it was just misunderstood by Sawako and the same case with Sawako too.

If I would meet these two kinds of person IRL, I'll go crazy. >.<

Good thing, I understand them. lol

And the comedy moments still were hilarious. PIN = WIN strikes again!!
Feb 16, 2011 10:56 AM

Jul 2010
Knil said:
Well, I spent most of this episode trying to keep myself from beating the crap out of the nearest object and throwing my computer across the room.

This. The same thing happened to me
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Feb 16, 2011 11:18 AM

May 2009
I'll say that this episode was definitely a milestone for this anime. But man, the misunderstandings and holding back really put a dent on my patience this time.. I hope things pick up how they should in the next episode or two. As we all know, all that's needed is a bit of honesty and a lot of CORRECT PHRASING!! lol
"I love you as a woman" would make all things clear, so all that would be left is Sawako's courage to respond. And this episode showed that she has courage, but a bit of a wrong impression i guess.. Hopefully one of those boneheads (kazehaya or sawako) will correct that in the near future! :)
C'mon guys, we're rooting for you!!! :D
x3mslayerFeb 16, 2011 11:28 AM
Feb 16, 2011 11:21 AM

Aug 2008
The first half's drama was awesomely entertaining. I enjoyed the tense and awkward atmosphere between Kazehaya, Sawako, and Kento. But the second half was lame.

Seriously, Kazehaya even used the world "koi", which means romantic love, but yet, Sawako thought SHE was rejected?! That makes no sense. If anything else, Sawako rejected Kazehaya. I'm starting to remember why I thought the first season was overrated. It has some very good dramatic moments, but they always resolve the climax in each episode in the most anticlimatic way possible.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2011

182 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 8, 2011

221 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Feb 22, 2011

156 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zimno - Feb 8, 2011

202 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 6:35 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 25, 2011

148 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 10, 12:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.