Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2011 9:52 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Nanamine reveals his squad of 50 to his editor, and forces him to take the role as the 51st member of his advisory team.

I'm really curious as to how this arc will be resolved.
Feb 12, 2011 11:29 AM

Aug 2010
Now this is getting interesting. I somehow feel bad for Kosugi though...going to be like a doll around that faux guy (he's so false that I don't even know his name xD)...anyway, I'm really happy that Bakuman is continuing well and it seems that the end still isn't near...wonder what they'll do to make PCP better.
Feb 12, 2011 12:02 PM

Feb 2010
facepalm how arogant is he really unbelievable what he trying to pull out....
Feb 12, 2011 3:46 PM

Nov 2007
Hereeeeeeee weeeeee goooooo! The battle is on! Just like what I had hoped for. :D

Eiji has spoken~ Nanamine has no personality, no "face" in his works, because they aren't his but a collection of 50+ people's opinions. That's his downfall.

That editor was stupid, he should have put his foot down. Let's hope he smartens up and doesn't need Hattori or someone else to fix his mess.
Feb 12, 2011 5:41 PM

Sep 2008
I'm happy for Nanamine, he leveled up to lv 51!
He's still a loser in my eyes though. I wanna see him struggle and explode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2011 6:25 PM

Mar 2010
Nanamine is... i don't want to use word in my head in public.. but I really don't like him and feel bad for his editor .. Eiji was hilarious XD as usuall, he was right, Nanamine,s work don't have one face..but still "classroom of truth" was really good.
I want to see meeting between Eiji and Nanamine even more now.
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Feb 13, 2011 5:52 AM

Aug 2007
oh man, we're gonna get a manga war :D
i'm glad their focus is going back to PCP, cuz it didn't really seem like they cared about that series
Feb 13, 2011 9:38 AM

Jul 2009
I'm really liking how this story is progressing now. That new editor really got f*cked over.
Feb 13, 2011 7:12 PM

Aug 2008
Arrogant guy is arrogant.... How could he... Oh my... I can't really really believe that he showed his Team of 50 to the real Editor.... Dammit... I wouldn't like to be on Kosugi's shoes... He needs to escape from there now! Not get involved in there and tip the others so they can destroy that bastard....

But here it is... Nanamine's demise is slowly creeping into him... A pair of really important person in Jump's set up know that something's not right with him and have concluded that Nanamine's works are faceless, that they lack of a style of its own... Yoshida-shi... and Niizuma... And I loved his opinion... Eiji can't be more right about Nanamine.... He's like the second Ashirogi Muto... But definitely lacks of a face, and the art is really good but that's it... I really loved the way he reacted and makes me more eager for their meeting... I wanna see how they react to each other... Me really wanna see that...

LOL at Shujin wanting to create a Variant Proper Battle Manga... I loved his poses and phrases... Seems like a good idea for a new manga... Create a manga based on characters... being the characters the proper thing for JUMP but everything else the Variant and do a Battle manga... me thinks that they're finally little by little becoming able to write a proper battle manga... Me wanna see the outcome of that already

Besides that, this chapter felt like a "Just as keikaku" one... Felt like I was reading Death Note once again... Didn't you feel that?

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2011 9:06 PM

Nov 2007
to put it bluntly .... Kosugi is getting trolled hard and there's nothing he can really do. I liked Eiji's thoughts though. still I can't think some of the other editors are going to realize something is up.

the art is good .... but the story just isn't right. surely just listening to internet opinion can't make a great series. I want to see Nanamine fail but if PCP gets knocked out cause of this and they have to make something better I'm all for it. I mean we haven't seen much of what PCP has been about for quite a while now.
Feb 13, 2011 10:48 PM

Aug 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
I'm happy for Nanamine, he leveled up to lv 51!
He's still a loser in my eyes though. I wanna see him struggle and explode.

I'm not really happy for him. However, I agree with the loser, struggle and explode part.

-

I don't think Kosugi truly meant he'd join Nanamine. Probably just putting up a façade. Maybe.

I loved Yoshida-shi and Eji's comments. Plus, I love Eiji's bizarre expression when giving he's opinion.

I wanna see MOAR Kazuya-chan and Yuritan~ <3
Ahh~ Bakuman Daisukii~
Feb 14, 2011 1:42 AM

Jun 2010
i feel bad for kosugi. i think he's hoping nanamine's chapter 2 and 3 to get not-so-good reviews...but i wonder if he'll really follow the brat if he gets good reviews.

i want nanamine to fail, and fail badly. i want to see him lose his cool and drop his act in front of everybody from the editorial department......

go ashirogi! only you can crush him!!!!! :D

i love this manga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 14, 2011 3:21 AM

Oct 2008
Editor-san, don't go over to the dark side! :(
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 15, 2011 9:23 AM

Jun 2008
Interesting. I want to see what Shujin comes up with next....and I can't wait to see Nanamine's downfall. :P I'm glad we finally got to see Eiji's opinion of the new author.
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
Feb 17, 2011 7:22 AM

Nov 2008
Kosugi was dragged by Nanamine, I think that plan will fail...
Feb 18, 2011 7:52 PM

Feb 2008
I just hope that Kosugi doesn't get dragged in so far that he feels the need to cover for that a**. I don't doubt for a second that he'd get fired if that happened and he really doesn't deserve it any more than he deserved to be saddled with that loser.
Mar 20, 2011 12:41 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Anitnelav said:
Editor-san, don't go over to the dark side! :(
lol Ani you said exactly what I was thinking. What a weak editor! I'm disappointed.

Every chapter Nanamine gets worse and worse. :(
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Apr 22, 2011 1:15 PM
Mar 2010
Eiji can see through ppl. wow luv that dude <3
and I like Nanamine too XD he uses ppl mwahahahaha!!! Fight kid!
May 8, 2011 7:08 PM
Dec 2008
rebwaters said:
Felt like I was reading Death Note once again... Didn't you feel that?

This.

Also, loved the reaction of Eiji :)
Aug 22, 2011 11:49 PM

Jun 2008
I can't believe a guy can be so arrogant. Jeez, I feel so bad for Kosugi... I like how Eiji can see through people so well. :)
HEY!
Dec 13, 2011 9:46 PM

Jun 2011
If that 50 people are so smart, why don't they try to be the editor themself, dumbass.. I'd like to pummel them onto the ground if they were real, it just pissed me off with their arrogant attitude, did their mama teach them the damn fucking basic manners? If they don't, I would be glad to be the one teaching them..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 1, 2012 10:40 PM

Oct 2008
Eiji's amazing as always. That editor Kosugi sure is pathetic. He's unlucky after all. I like how Hattori also feels that something is off. Nanamine should drop dead.
Apr 21, 2013 9:00 AM

Apr 2013
Man, i hate Nananime, he is so stupid... He is an worst version of Muto Ashirogi... Perhaps this arc can be interesting, i think that Ashirogi will make something like JoJo..
Jul 3, 2016 11:28 PM

Jan 2016
Nanamine's team is a bunch of assholes, but I honestly don't see how what he's doing is bad. I think it's really smart of him to try out a different method like this. He even said he'd go back to the traditional way if he doesn't get good results.

Seriously, how is creating good manga "evil" at all?
Feb 2, 2020 8:52 PM
Apr 2018
Nanamine is an asshole, sure, but Kosugi is worse. Well, not an asshole, but infuriating. How is he letting his writer manipulating him like that? Kosugi has been there for around 3 months and he already lets a threat such as "you'll be fired if you don't get results after 3 years" affect him. Everyone around him has said him that the first year is basically learning and doing nothing important.

I don't understand what Kosugi had to lose if he had just walked to his boss and ruin Nanamine's plan. If Nanamine had been called out for being a cheater, no other magazine would have hired him either. Kosugi is pretty new as an editor but still.
Nov 20, 2021 1:36 PM

Dec 2007
dunno who was stupider, or who got luck. nonamine just revealed his secret but kosugi didn't stand on himself, from one point - nonamine was stupid to reveal his "secret" before being serialized, but on the other hand if he had an editor like hattori or even miura he wouldn't get out of it. is shaming doesn't exist in bakuman world? you can just ruin nonamine name by revealing his method, but kosugi just fall out to his trap. so yeah, it's just might be nonamine is lucky and played his cards well, otherwise kosugi wouldn't let him continue publish in JUMP.

oh and eiji talking about he "can't see the author of the manga", i believe it's referring to those manga where you can see the author from their work, and nanamine's work doesn't have it.
User-NameNov 20, 2021 4:42 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 144 Discussion

Naokohiro - Aug 21, 2011

39 by Adriannitro »»
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 15 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 20, 2008

31 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.