Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »
Apr 23, 2014 7:23 PM
Feb 2014
Kyuubey...my favorite character!! :3
May 7, 2014 2:40 AM

Jun 2011
Should have made Madoka kill Sayaka by throwing away her "life", don't know why but I prefer it that way.

Edit: If that's the case, is Mami dead? o.O
ToG25thBaamMay 7, 2014 3:04 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 7, 2014 3:37 AM

Nov 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
Should have made Madoka kill Sayaka by throwing away her "life", don't know why but I prefer it that way.

Edit: If that's the case, is Mami dead? o.O

She is. Her soul gem is on her head and it was crushed = dead.
Jun 2, 2014 8:39 AM

Jan 2014
Nana-chii said:
I wish Kyouko would have thrown Kyuubey off the bridge.
Seems to me like a cliffhanger xD Very interesting episode...
Jul 19, 2014 3:09 AM

Dec 2012
This keep getting more and more intense.
Jul 19, 2014 4:35 PM

Apr 2014
Dahminoh said:
This keep getting more and more intense.

You ain't see nothing yet.
Sep 8, 2014 8:50 PM

Nov 2012
Things are finally starting to pick up/get better.

Holy shit though,when Madoka threw Sayaka's soul gem and she died (might seems messed up/cruel but was lmao).

What the hell was Madoka thinking though?Obviously separating a magical girl from her soul gem (aka soul) would kill her.But she didn't know at the time so I guess it can't be helped,and it's fine since Sayaka didn't really die.

Kyuubey being an asshole like usually and calling Sayaka's corpse an "empty shell" was pretty messed up.
Sep 25, 2014 12:51 AM

Oct 2013

mfw Sayaka "died"

mfw she was saved

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 26, 2014 7:39 PM

Sep 2014
"What I basically do is rip out your souls and place it in a gem :3"

Wow, GTFO Kyuubei ------->
Oct 1, 2014 11:10 PM

Jun 2013
I'm calling it now, Kyubey is probably the source of all evil! And he desperately needs Madoka for something...

Btw, Madoka, gg almost killing your friend.
Oct 27, 2014 4:52 PM

Jan 2013
There it is.
The wish she made, now she has less time with him, and probably won't be able to see him again.
And the damn... rabbit? Magical rabbit fox thing? squirrel? He was really up to no good.
Nov 23, 2014 3:44 AM

Sep 2013
I mean, I actually kind of understand Madoka's feelings, but I still cringe at her actions...
Dec 27, 2014 9:25 AM

Dec 2014
I laughed so hard when Madoka threw away Sayaka's Soul Gem XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2014 8:15 PM

Oct 2014
Kyubey, you're way too suspicious.
How is one supposed to trust you when you go and rip out the soul from their bodies.
Jan 7, 2015 11:18 AM

Apr 2014
Fu(king Kyubey!...this IS not Fun!...NOT FUN AT ALL!!!!!!!!...These Dark Settings are just...Cruel!
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Feb 10, 2015 11:52 AM

Nov 2014
Might be just me but Madoka is annoying at the moment, every other scene she's in she seems to be in tears or prone to doing something stupid and she dun goofed on the bridge there. Interesting about the souls as well, Kyubey gives 0 fucks.
Mar 2, 2015 3:02 PM

Feb 2015
i have no idea why Madoka threw away Sayaka's soul gem... sure, she didn't know but there could've been other ways to get her to stop.

Good episode though.
Mar 16, 2015 8:00 PM

Jun 2013
Really, Kyubei? A little bit to late to reveal that.
And Madoka, what the hell were you doing? LOL. Throwing your friend's gem like that.
Apr 11, 2015 6:36 PM

Nov 2014
Holy shit I thought she died
Hi there
Apr 29, 2015 2:09 PM

Apr 2015
^Same here, damn that Kyubey.
Kawaii-ZombieApr 30, 2015 10:16 AM
May 11, 2015 2:36 PM

Aug 2014
Kyubey is Love. Kyubey is Life.
Can't we just kill Sayaka already!?
I love Minimalist Arts. Such Simplicity, yet hold so much Meanings to me.
Jul 8, 2015 9:14 AM
Apr 2015
Actually hoped she was dead. Sayaka is annoying.
Jul 23, 2015 6:13 PM

Jul 2015
Whew, I'm glad Sayaka is okay! She's my favorite character right now! Homura is really cool though, I have to admit. And how about her rushing after the soul gem to save Sayaka like that, eh! Not to mention trying to protect her from Kyouko. She's not completely cold-hearted! :P

That Kyubei though... I don't think he's evil, but he definitely not right. ✿ 5/5
Aug 14, 2015 7:36 PM

Sep 2013
Damn that Kyubey, he just had to leave out that detail about the soul gems didin't he? Poor Sayaka almost died again. Kyoko is still a jerk though.
Aug 16, 2015 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
Nah, I don't understand all the fuss. I 100% agree with Kyubey. What's so bad about basically making armor which secures the 'soul'? He did them a service. Shows seems to imply that he's wrong and protagonists are right, which is kinda annoying.

Especially whining about how 'dead' their bodies now are is stupid. Like, your body is still working the same way it was, Sayaka.

Argh. One single thing which I don't like in the whole show.
removed-userAug 16, 2015 2:02 PM
Aug 23, 2015 3:51 AM

Mar 2014
Still waiting for dat amazyn writin to show
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 26, 2015 9:52 PM

Jul 2014
yo, for a second there my heart stopped o__o'' thankfully Homura is the cool and calm girl she is and saved Sayaka.
Madoka, you're really adorable, really! But that was a dumb thing to do :/
seems like Kyoko just got a wake up call too...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2015 5:04 AM

Jul 2014
Kyuubey should die in hell. That evil creepy looking cat thing! He disgusts me!

Madoka...till now, she's one of the lamest protagonists I've ever encountered. Her character development has the pace of a friggin' snail -_-
I just wish she'll stop being a crybaby soon!

Homura-san rocks! B|
Sep 18, 2015 9:59 AM

Jul 2015
Still not sure if I like the show or not, but I really hope that fucking rat gets crushed by a truck before it ends.
Sep 19, 2015 10:25 PM

Dec 2009
Hahaha Kyubey you sly one. I don't think I'll consider him to be evil yet. But the fact that he didn't inform any of the girls about this before they decide to become a magical girl is suspect. I guess it just proves more that he really wants these girls to become one, especially Madoka. Now the reason why though hmm...

Also Homura seems to know of this, but didn't tell Madoka or Sayaka? Why didn't she tell them, it would have been a good way to convince them not to go down the dreaded path.
Still I'll give her props for saying the best line of the series so far "I'm an ally to those who maintain their composure, and an enemy to idiotic aggressors"
Sep 25, 2015 11:09 AM

Mar 2015
Holy shit.... didn't expect that...

MAYBE Kyubei is the bad guy! So Homura was right all along!

I'm really liking this Sakura.. I hope she become buddies with them.

Oct 18, 2015 1:31 PM
May 2013
I didn't not see that , except that fact that her soul is the Soul Gem .
Sakura training Sayaka to be a yandere XD
Now other characters see how awesome and good person is Akemi .
Kyuubei was fishy from the start , but his methods are good , I mean he's not crazy enough to let a frail girl fight some supernatural being without making some upgrades B-)
Nov 10, 2015 6:51 AM

Jul 2008
Oh Kyubey be getting evil up in here.
Dec 28, 2015 6:13 AM
Jul 2018
Let's go to a place where we won't attract a crowd. Like a busy highway, very low profile.

And I figured Kyubey's best interest was to keep them mahou shoujo alive and busy, seems silly to not explain important things until shit happens.

Pretty funny episode all around.
Jan 1, 2016 1:12 PM

Aug 2014
Kyoko is a pretty interesting character. But I really dislike Kyuubey >.>
Jan 5, 2016 8:07 AM

Sep 2015
Kyubey is one shady motherf*cker alright... lol Each ep that passes, I get even more the feeling that something's fishy about that cute rat.

Madoka also pisses me off with her squeaky voice like she's always about to burst out crying.
Homura-chan best character yet <3

:When Madoka threw Sayaka's soul gem:
Jan 20, 2016 2:24 PM

Jul 2014
Yay, another plot twist! I was waiting for that.

2/5

Comic_Sans said:

Same here, mate.
D-ohnutsJan 21, 2016 8:27 AM
Jan 20, 2016 2:34 PM

Mar 2014
64SuperNintendo said:

2/5

Comic_Sans said:

Same here, mate.
*anti Madoka fistbump*
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 21, 2016 6:37 PM

Aug 2014
This was a great episode , i feel that Kyubei has some evil intentions .
Jan 27, 2016 9:37 AM
Sep 2011
Comic_Sans said:

But don't you see how brilliant and subversive this show is? The item called a SOUL gem is literally a SOUL! No one could have thought of that! It's the first magical girl show to deconstruct the genre!! So deep!
Feb 13, 2016 9:25 AM

Jun 2015
and the dark truth is finally told
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 4, 2016 4:06 AM

Jan 2013
Homura looked pretty badass chasing Sayaka's soul.
Pretty cool way of telling how their magical powers work ... their body is nothing but a representation of their soul (gem)

Love how sinister Kyuubey gets the more we find out.

Madoka ... become a magical girl already ...
Apr 27, 2016 11:17 AM
Feb 2016
D-ohnuts said:

2/5

Comic_Sans said:

Same here, mate.

If you ain't seen it, you won't. Oh, maybe you'll say someting good at about episode 10 -- your kind usually does -- but considering your reactions, you should probalby be spending your time elsewhere.
May 1, 2016 5:59 PM

Feb 2014
Kyubey is sneaky manipulator lol Only crap I didn't expect this to happen! I was really shocked by the life and death of the magical girls life. Like wow.
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Jun 24, 2016 11:57 AM

Sep 2013
I really can't stand Madoka....she's whiny and irritating. I kinda want her to become a Mahou Shoujo so that someone can throw her soul gem away!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jun 24, 2016 12:20 PM
Mar 2015
Talon184 said:
I really can't stand Madoka....she's whiny and irritating. I kinda want her to become a Mahou Shoujo so that someone can throw her soul gem away!
tbh people who hate madoka/shinji , usually hate themselves.
She's a depiction of reality.
Jun 24, 2016 12:37 PM

Sep 2013
Beatex said:

I have trouble seeing her as a depiction of reality at this point in the show. She's offered a wish without limits to gain magical powers and rather than being excited at the prospect she whines and cries and basically gets in the way. She could simply make a wish for all the witches to die and never come back and then her problem is solved and she's got magical powers. She could wish to cure all disease or end poverty or war and turn the earth into a utopia even if doing so gets herself killed in the process and yet all she does is whine and cower.

I'm not sure why you say people who hate her usually hate themselves. Has there been a study done proving this to be true? Where exactly is this information coming from? I'm pretty sure I don't hate myself. Madoka is whiny and annoying at this point in the show, though, and I don't enjoy her character at all.

Jun 24, 2016 12:49 PM
Mar 2015
Talon184 said:
Beatex said:

I have trouble seeing her as a depiction of reality at this point in the show. She's offered a wish without limits to gain magical powers and rather than being excited at the prospect she whines and cries and basically gets in the way. She could simply make a wish for all the witches to die and never come back and then her problem is solved and she's got magical powers. She could wish to cure all disease or end poverty or war and turn the earth into a utopia even if doing so gets herself killed in the process and yet all she does is whine and cower.

I'm not sure why you say people who hate her usually hate themselves. Has there been a study done proving this to be true? Where exactly is this information coming from? I'm pretty sure I don't hate myself. Madoka is whiny and annoying at this point in the show, though, and I don't enjoy her character at all.

madoka is very "evangelionish". Shinji is hated cuz he never wants to pilot the robot. Tbh no one in a real situation would because u'd get hurt and u'd be shitting ur pants when fighting. People hate him cuz deep down they know they are like him and they want a show where the MC kicks ass.

In madoka, she was gonna become a magical girl but seeing mami die shocked her realising somehow homura was right about kyubey and decided to accompany sayaka to show she cared (or something) and u spoiled urself the ending of madoka
BeatexJun 24, 2016 12:54 PM
Jun 24, 2016 3:04 PM

Sep 2013
Beatex said:

madoka is very "evangelionish". Shinji is hated cuz he never wants to pilot the robot. Tbh no one in a real situation would because u'd get hurt and u'd be shitting ur pants when fighting. People hate him cuz deep down they know they are like him and they want a show where the MC kicks ass.

You're making an assumption that most people know deep down that they are like Shinji. I really disagree with that statement. Is this based on actual research or are you just stating your opinion as a fact? I think people are far more likely to simply be annoyed by whiny people who always complain about things. Also, I see this as being a very different situation than Evangelion. The wish that is available to Madoka can make all the difference in the world to her survival. Shinji just has to get in the giant robot and hope he doesn't get killed. Madoka (if she has any brains at all) can use the wish to do something great while increasing (if not ensuring outright) her survivability. Either way, if she doesn't take on the role of magical girl, the evils that exist in her world will still be there, killing and causing mayhem and she is allowing it to happen. Shinji, at least, got in the mech and fought even though he was scared to death. I don't mind him nearly as much. He was whiny, but he got the job done. Madoka is content to not only avoid responsibility, but to get in the way of others who are putting their own lives at risk to fight in her place.

You say "no one in a real situation would because u'd get hurt and u'd be shitting ur pants when fighting" but I disagree. Many people would see this as an opportunity to do something great with their lives and would jump at the chance to make a difference by combating the evil forces abundant in the show. Not everyone would be shitting themselves in fear. Some people would, of course, but hopefully those people would stay home and curl up in a ball and cry themselves to sleep while someone else does the fighting for them rather then constantly getting in the way and making bad situations worse. She's annoying and 2-dimensional and she bores me. Maybe she'll evolve as the series progresses. I hope so. But, for now, she sucks.

Jun 24, 2016 8:00 PM

Jul 2014
Asehpe said:
If you ain't seen it, you won't. Oh, maybe you'll say someting good at about episode 10 -- your kind usually does -- but considering your reactions, you should probalby be spending your time elsewhere.

That was actually my second time watching the show, I was just rewatching it for when I review it. I didn't like it that much the first time I watched it, and my opinion didn't change on my rewatch. Guess you should have checked first.

Also, lol at "your kind". Guess I'm subhuman for not liking this.

Beatex said:

Dude, come on. Stop projecting.
D-ohnutsJun 24, 2016 8:05 PM
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1542 by Ryoketsu »»
Yesterday, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 3, 2011

380 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 10:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.