MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

K-ON! Manga To Be Resumed This Spring

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
 
Pages (3) « 0.2 1.2 [2.2] »
02-07-11, 1:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 20
Oh hell yeah!
 
02-07-11, 2:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 920
Okay....

WAIT

WHAT?

<33
 
02-07-11, 2:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1098
Hmm...I wonder when it'll supposed to take place at. After the girls go to college? Or what? Either way, can't wait! :D
 
02-07-11, 2:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 6795
the god of moe has given us a blessing we all can rejoice now
 
02-07-11, 2:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 439
I love K-ON! and all, but I think that they should continue it. I mean, they already wrapped it up nicely.
 
02-07-11, 3:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 210
Well, it was kinda expected. But good news.^^
...
 
02-07-11, 3:11 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 709
Uhg, no....
I actually enjoyed K-ON!... but this is far too much.

KyoAni better stop with K-ON! once of the movie is animated.
 
02-07-11, 3:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 833
Lol, I knew the manga wasn't actually over.

I'm excited for it, more K-ON! is always a good thing. I hope the main focus in on the girls in university, and not about Azusa, though. That would really be a bad move and upset a ton of the fanbase.

Also I think it's safe to assume that there's a high chance of a K-ON!!! in the future. xD
 
02-07-11, 3:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 12805
 
02-07-11, 3:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 67069
K-ON is a never-ending thing.
 
02-07-11, 3:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1613
TreF said:
FatherAnderson said:
GODS/GOD WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US!!!! Please end the moe already argh

Moe is an integral part of Japanese culture, and people like you need to DEAL WITH IT.

Tell a Japanese person that and they will either punch you in the face, laugh at you, or walk away going "Fucking foreigners."
 
02-07-11, 4:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 550
Just fucking jizzed my shorts.
 
02-07-11, 4:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 478
アニメはあなたの人生を台無しにさせてはいけない。
 
02-07-11, 4:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 19728
"I ended K-ON, but the editors don't seem to like any of my new manga ideas. Better go back to K-ON to pay the bills."
 
02-07-11, 4:56 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 226
WOW didn't expect this at all
well at least i can watch the last two episodes without wanting to cry anymore

i do hope they can show us the college years, more music, azusa running the club, and maybe a little bit of drama to spice it up

either way, really awesome ^^
 
02-07-11, 5:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3824
Like others have said... why? It had a nice ending, so why would they continue it further?

I guess it'll be interesting seeing them in college.
 
02-07-11, 5:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2873
I can understand why.
1) The girls high school years are over. So it ended nicely for that part of their life.
2) The all did get accepted to the same college...so that alone should have given some clues about the possibilities of new material.
3) The girls did have a goal to be perform at Bodakan. This might be that path.
4) I'd like to see new characters, both male and female, become part of the K-ON! mythos.

Finally, I thought that series had a lot more to offer than just high school girls drinking tea and cake and playing a couple pieces a year. With college life they can now expand on the foundation of what the original series gave us...not to mention a whole slew of new music. ;)

Moe Moe Kyun!!


We need to get all the WTFs we watched listed....please join and let the insanity reign!!!
WTF did I just watch? club
 
02-07-11, 6:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2039
KyoAni: WORK ON FULL METAL PANIC ALREADY!!!
Why are you watching the S2 of the anime that you loathe?
¬‿¬ And those guys who think they are elite because they watched (earlier or) more anime than others.

 
02-07-11, 6:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 1163
Cool i really want to see what happens after they go to collage ^^
and i hope it still focuses on Mio, Mugi, Yui, and Ritsu cuz they were my favorites!!!!
 
02-07-11, 6:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 141
best news i've heard today

manga continues
anime doesn't end (?) at movie
moar azu-nyan <3
i am happy
Signature has been deleted because it exceeded the file size limits. Please refer to Section IV of the General Forum Guidelines.
 
02-07-11, 7:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 2105
alexcampos said:
For the idiots who think this is "milking the series"....

The MANGA has NEVER milked anything....it's the anime that's doing that.

The manga only had 4 volumes....HOW IS THAT MILKING ANYTHING????

If anything the original manga was rushed and ended too soon, this is great news that K-ON! will start up again.


The original author wrote in an afterword in volume 3 that he wanted to devote himself to the K-ON manga. One volume later the manga came to an end. I find it hard to believe that it was the author's will; although why it ended like this, I cannot say. Alexcampos' observation is correct; people keep referring to the anime, even though the news is about the manga. Certainly, KyoAni had something to do with the continuation and there is definitely money involved (I fail to understand why this is such a bad thing) but my point is, I do not think the author randomly decided to continue it due to success or because he was 'persuaded' by an anime production company.

The way things stand, however, I really have no clue as to how the storyline will proceed; sure, we can follow the girls in college (best option, in my opinion) but this means no more Sawa-chan, and my heart grows darker at the thought. Of course we could get a double storyline, perhaps its threads linked by an outside-of-school HTT; would be nice :) (but would make a manga perhaps too complicated for Kakifly to sustain).

Eternal_Shield said:

A Spin-off of K-On

its K-Off


Umai koto iita tsumori ka?!

TreF said:
Where are all the rectally devastated seinenfags, DEEPfags, and corp. ? You have an image to uphold.


Posting in this thread is beneath such elevated minds; it is their silence that best voices that contempt, leaving "immature kids and 50 year old losers" like us drool over "the latest moeshit furnished by the mainstream anime industry". But if you insist on getting their opinion, look no further than an abandoned old house in a rustic town preferably bathed in a melancholic moonlight; their silhouettes will flutter with the hypnotic flames of the fireplace as they silently flip the pages of a Palepoli, a Monokuro kinderbook or Seizon: works that people with a favorable opinion of something like K-ON naturally cannot begin to comprehend, let alone come to appreciate.
 
02-07-11, 7:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1613
hentai_proxy said:
Posting in this thread is beneath such elevated minds; it is their silence that best voices that contempt, leaving "immature kids and 50 year old losers" like us drool over "the latest moeshit furnished by the mainstream anime industry". But if you insist on getting their opinion, look no further than an abandoned old house in a rustic town preferably bathed in a melancholic moonlight; their silhouettes will flutter with the hypnotic flames of the fireplace as they silently flip the pages of a Palepoli, a Monokuro kinderbook or Seizon: works that people with a favorable opinion of something like K-ON naturally cannot begin to comprehend, let alone come to appreciate.

I have no idea if you intended it as such but the hardcore irony of your post is hilarious.


Wiki also says I'm the president of Canada.

EDIT: Not to mention views on culture from another culture is usually screwed to all hell. As a Canadian I could say being a giant fat fuck is cultural to Americans and according to published sources it would be true.
Modified by Sabinlerose, 02-07-11, 8:24 PM
 
02-07-11, 7:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 659
well this is one mangaka who knows how to milk the profits/idiots



"Herp derp" is mainly used by GG and fags ... so enjoy that butthurt
 
02-07-11, 7:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 20
I hope it will be about yui n the gang, probably in college, or forming a band outside school or smth . Cos I wan more of the Anime, more of their singing n more of their awesomeness:)
 
02-07-11, 8:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2
More K-On!
well, haters gonna hate. :)
 
02-07-11, 8:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 23
Cashdaxxx said:
KyoAni: WORK ON FULL METAL PANIC ALREADY!!!
This isn't even about KyoAni.
 
02-07-11, 8:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 478
Sabinlerose said:

Wiki also says I'm the president of Canada.

EDIT: Not to mention views on culture from another culture is usually screwed to all hell. As a Canadian I could say being a giant fat fuck is cultural and according to published sources it would be true.

Lvhina said:
"Herp derp" is mainly used by GG and fags ... so enjoy that butthurt

Seems you guys got TOLD. My work here is done.
アニメはあなたの人生を台無しにさせてはいけない。
 
02-07-11, 8:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1613
TreF said:
Sabinlerose said:

Wiki also says I'm the president of Canada.

EDIT: Not to mention views on culture from another culture is usually screwed to all hell. As a Canadian I could say being a giant fat fuck is cultural and according to published sources it would be true.

Lvhina said:
"Herp derp" is mainly used by GG and fags ... so enjoy that butthurt

Seems you guys got TOLD. My work here is done.

It must be nice to fabricate your own reality to create anything and distort what people say to please you.
 
02-07-11, 9:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2356
There's other series that should be resumed than this shit.
 
02-07-11, 9:22 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1548
Fuwa Fuwa Time fuwa fuwa time fuwa fuwa time
 
02-07-11, 10:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2176
I'm fine with this. Should be interesting. Hopefully it's a true sequel that continues the timeline.
 
02-07-11, 10:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 742
What, Why?

Well, I'm fine as long as Azu-nyan is in it... It better not focus on the FOUR girls' college fuwa fuwa time during Azusa's senior year.
 
02-07-11, 11:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2150
Monad said:

The manga only had 4 volumes. How's this milking?
Dat non-functional bbcode
 
02-07-11, 11:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 78
Just Perfect.
 
02-07-11, 11:48 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 350
Ooy can they let finished manga rest in peace? I fear if they continue this series for too long Ritsu is going to die, Mio and Mugi are going to become druggies and Yui is going to leave the band for a solo career.

But enough stereotyping. I foresee that after a while they're going to continue the anime again. That means more songs, as usual
 
02-07-11, 11:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 4972
Hehe, Awesome ^^ I Want More Of Yui x3
 
02-08-11, 1:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 14341
Lvhina said:
well this is one mangaka who knows how to milk the profits/idiots


Yes...

Pay no attention that the phrase "milking" means to overly exacerbate a certain product.

HOW THE FUCK is 4 measly volumes of work milking K-ON???

If you really want to see someone milking anything just ask One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Negima, or any other Shounen.

Just because people HATE K-ON that doesn't give them the right to say idiotic insensible comments that make them look like complete jackasses .

Apparently people in MAL can't understand the difference between a Mangaka wanting to pursue a continuation of a successful but SHORT work...

and an ANIMATION studio that wants to make as much money as possible from lonely otaku who adore anything that becomes instantly popular.
Momo>Sports>Breaking Bad>Anime

Momo=Coke, Yami=Pepsi, Mikan=Sunkist, Yui=Dr. Pepper, Lala=Diet Coke, Nana=RC Cola
 
02-08-11, 2:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 19728
alexcampos said:

HOW THE FUCK is 4 measly volumes of work milking K-ON???


>Plan short manga series
>Has an anime adaptation spanning two seasons
>Series gets overly popular
>End manga
>Movie annoucement
>Re-start manga series simply because it was popular and is thus a source of income

Circumstantially, it's milking. In any other case it wouldn't be. She could potentially ruin her pre-planned plot by doing this, simply because either she or her publicisit wants to make more money.
 
02-08-11, 3:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 12805
alexcampos said:
Lvhina said:
well this is one mangaka who knows how to milk the profits/idiots


Yes...

Pay no attention that the phrase "milking" means to overly exacerbate a certain product.

HOW THE FUCK is 4 measly volumes of work milking K-ON???

If you really want to see someone milking anything just ask One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Negima, or any other Shounen.

Just because people HATE K-ON that doesn't give them the right to say idiotic insensible comments that make them look like complete jackasses .

Apparently people in MAL can't understand the difference between a Mangaka wanting to pursue a continuation of a successful but SHORT work...

and an ANIMATION studio that wants to make as much money as possible from lonely otaku who adore anything that becomes instantly popular.


Milking is exactly what the last two phrases you said is. The one who doesn't know what milking is you.
Milking isn't about the series being a long seres or short. Is about continuing a story when it was not meant to have more story, simply because you want to make more money.
That's why it's called "Milking" for money.
So whether it had 4 volumes or just 1 is irrelevant. A story teller knows the ending of it's story when he/she starts one (only an incompetent amateur starts a story without knowing the ending). If he continues beyond that or puts content he never indented do just to make it longer and make more money then his milking it.

Big shounen series that go for years don't necessary mean they are milking. Some of them do(I'm 99% sure Bleach does) but just being long is not necessary milking. If the mangaka had thought of all the elements from before as a part of the structure of his story, then it's irrelevant if that story goes for 100 years or 2 weeks. It's not milking because that's the story he wanted to tell. How long it is, is irrelevant.
One Piece is so popular because despite it's length the story isn't wasting its self on milking with unnecessary content, even Naruto that is accused by so many, seems to have a structure of a continuing story and it seems to have a specific course that is keeping faithful to. Naruto anime fillers may be milking the viewers but the manga is a whole different story because it doesn't have all those unnecessary filler stories.
 
02-08-11, 3:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 14341
Onibokusu said:

>Re-start manga series simply because it was popular and is thus a source of income

Circumstantially, it's milking. In any other case it wouldn't be. She could potentially ruin her pre-planned plot by doing this, simply because either she or her publicisit wants to make more money.


Do you know that K-ON manga didn't even sell that well, I believe the highest grossing volume only sold about 100,000 copies....by comparison One Piece recently sold 2.2 MILLION copies of its latest volume.

Besides that, Mangakas don't get that much money from royalties...

Also, this isn't even a big surprise there were many rumors before the original work ended, that there would be a sequel.

One more note....K-ON doesn't have a strong plot, it's a slice of life manga, how exactly would the mangaka ruin the plot???

If the mangaka really wanted to milk K-ON, he would have never ended the original story, he would have just continued despite the fact that it would have been illogical.

Milking a story is when the plot becomes illogical and nonsensical, K-ON hasn't done that....yet.
Momo>Sports>Breaking Bad>Anime

Momo=Coke, Yami=Pepsi, Mikan=Sunkist, Yui=Dr. Pepper, Lala=Diet Coke, Nana=RC Cola
 
02-08-11, 3:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 19728
Monad said:
Some of them do(I'm 99% sure Bleach does) but just being long is not necessary milking.


Kubo is Kubo. His ending is probably just "Ichigo gets the girl (whichever I, Kubo, end up liking the most), oh, and he's the best warrior (whatever kind of warrior I, Kubo, feel like writing) ever".

alexcampos said:
Do you know that K-ON manga didn't even sell that well, I believe the highest grossing volume only sold about 100,000 copies....by comparison One Piece recently sold 2.2 MILLION copies of its latest volume.


It'll sell well now. Get it?
 
02-08-11, 4:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 4230
bad hunch

bad hunch

bad hunch
 
02-08-11, 8:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 4487
Wow, some people sure are protective of their favourite show...
 
02-08-11, 11:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 762
Onibokusu said:
It'll sell well now. Get it?

You should know the last volumes were made while the anime was already popular, so in your theory, the last manga volume should have sold that much too, but it didn't.

I'm not gonna try to convince either of you, 'cause how the hell could any of you two know the real reason. Unless you know the mangaka personal, but I doubt that.

It had a nice end, which I found a very good ending to the series. So that could mean it was meant to be the actual ending. But maybe the mangaka just felt like taking a moment to think over how to continu the serie the best way possible (like people are debating now too,follow Azusa or Yui?), because he/she really loves this story and wants to tell more about it. You have to admit the mangaka set up some 'save-points' so the series could continu (keionbu has new members, and the four girls are going to the same college). So it could have been planned at forehand that the story wouldn't be over at this point. Don't know if the mangaka is planning to make it an actual sequal, or just a continuation, but if it's the first, than now is the ideal moment to devide the story into a 'highschool' and 'college' arc or something.
But of course, I don't know either, and k-on! definitely has the popularity to make a living out of it, so it could also be a 'save choice' for the mangaka.

We'll see what the reason was when we get our eyes on the new material. If it turns out to be as good or better than the first 4 volumes the mangaka either planned this story or is a pure genius to create something on demand. If it turns out to be worse, you can already guess what the reason was...
Modified by Merushi, 02-08-11, 12:02 PM


We can't change the world with Anime...

…but we'll try

Vote for your favorite K-ON songs here
 
02-08-11, 12:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 315
Milking, huh? Who cares if it is well done? Shakespeare wrote Rome and Juliet 2 and it was a maserpiece...no wait, he didn’t…but I’d freaking read it, if he did!

Anyway, if the third season keeps the charm of the first two, I am all in. And I don’t give a flying fuck, if the story was meant to be continued or not…heck, there was no story to begin with, so I have no idea what people are complaining about…
 
02-08-11, 3:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 19728
Merushi said:
Onibokusu said:
It'll sell well now. Get it?

You should know the last volumes were made while the anime was already popular, so in your theory, the last manga volume should have sold that much too, but it didn't.


Someone doesn't know about product marketing, I see. Since K-ON was over, the demand for a continuation must have gone up. It's similar to how taking away the ball from a baby makes the baby want the ball, even if it didn't before.

Currently there is no manga, and no anime. A series revival whilst K-ON is still hot guarantees even more sales than when the K-ON manga was originally serialised.
 
02-08-11, 4:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 762
Onibokusu said:
Someone doesn't know about product marketing, I see. Since K-ON was over, the demand for a continuation must have gone up. It's similar to how taking away the ball from a baby makes the baby want the ball, even if it didn't before.

Currently there is no manga, and no anime. A series revival whilst K-ON is still hot guarantees even more sales than when the K-ON manga was originally serialised.

Well, yeah, you have a point there, but there won't be much more people buying the manga than before. I guess the people who picked up k-on because they noticed it was so popular, already did before the end of the serialization. Sure, there will be some people who just recently stumbled upon k-on, but I don't really see why the manga would be selling a lot more than before. fans will stay fans, and haters gonna hate. I don't think there will be a lot of changes in both camps, since most people already decided which side they're on.

There may be a hugh request for continuation, but the amount of fans won't drasticly increase all of a sudden. You may take away the ball from 10 babies, but this won't result in you giving balls to 20 babies, since there are only 10 babies who want theirs back. But they do already have a big fanbase to make a lot of money out of k-on.
Modified by Merushi, 02-08-11, 4:46 PM


We can't change the world with Anime...

…but we'll try

Vote for your favorite K-ON songs here
 
02-08-11, 6:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1533
Yay!!! More manga + hugely successful franchise = one step closer to our ultimate goal.










Season 3...
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
 
02-10-11, 1:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10142
Oh great the way I see it is as I though, Yui/Mio/Tsumugi/Ritsu go to college while Azusa is struggling to keep the club and that can create another band that has interaction. We can have more MOE girls and more variations of instruments as well as music types.

I also would think this would set it up to another 26 episodes with perhaps a good mix of both groups lives being further explored such as Azusa's parents and the maturing of her. Anything can go.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
02-11-11, 7:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1332
h8ers guna h8!!!!!!!!


but awwyeaaaah FUWA FUWA TIME-ING IN COLLEGE... B] i need to know how yui copes with college LMFAO.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (3) « 0.2 1.2 [2.2] »
Advertising     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy