Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 28, 2011 8:20 AM

Jul 2009
They were able to show most of it, which i'm glad for. It's a somewhat different perspective, which will make it interesting.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Feb 28, 2011 1:33 PM

Nov 2009
That was by far the most exciting movie yet. While the fanservice was sort of awkward at times, i love just about every minute of the show. Yes, rygart is useless while his machine is kickass but hey, like all leads right?

I have to say, the formation and psychological play were cool, but when Rygart showed up i was pretty pumped i must say. Plus, Girge capitalized on that.
Feb 28, 2011 2:08 PM

Aug 2009
that was great. Lost a general and captain in the episode though.
Feb 28, 2011 7:15 PM

Jun 2009
Girge is the most bad ass character in this series, glad he is finally introduced.

Though at the same time I know most likely in the next movie already the biggest RAGE-fest going to happen. I heard quite some people completely dropped the manga because of it. I remember I didnt want to believe at first, but oh well shit happens.
Mar 1, 2011 6:57 AM

Aug 2009
lol! First a 12 yr old who looks 25. Now a 25 yr old who looks like 12. Splendid!
Mar 1, 2011 8:35 AM

Jan 2009
At first I was like "wait, is Girge actually a wuss? That can't be :/"
And it wasn't ( ̄ー ̄)
Also, I like Narvi. She's funneh. (Oh and the scene with her and Sigyn both pointing their guns at Rygart's face. That was win.)
Actually, this movie was win in so many ways.

Tl;dr this was the best movie so far out of the four.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 1, 2011 10:51 AM

Aug 2009
This movie was really different from the previous three. I had the feeling there wasn't enough story and character development in this one. It just felt... well, empty.

Still really enjoyed this very good movie.
5/5, 8/10
Let's hope the fifth movie will be as good as the third one.
Mar 1, 2011 8:09 PM

Feb 2011
I havent been this entertained in awhile.

Girge ....new favourite character seriously such a badass

Sigyn Erster is just HNNNNNNGGG

I'm bit annoyed at how long the wait for movie number 5 is... And how short it is only 6 movies ;X
Mar 2, 2011 2:23 AM

Apr 2009
snowgreen said:
Though at the same time I know most likely in the next movie already the biggest RAGE-fest going to happen. I heard quite some people completely dropped the manga because of it. I remember I didnt want to believe at first, but oh well shit happens.

NUUU
now I want to look for the spoilers D: STOP ME
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 2, 2011 10:50 AM

Nov 2008
Girge, you`re really a badass xD

Preety good, 2 movies remaining.
Mar 2, 2011 5:34 PM

Jan 2008
Girge totally pwned the entire movie.

Also, anyone got name of the insert song?
Mar 3, 2011 12:26 AM

Aug 2009
Paul said:

FEELING from KOKIA. I think it's from Break Blade's OP single.
Mar 3, 2011 4:41 PM

Jan 2010
Definitely the best movie so far.

I hope the last two bring some decent closure to this series. I doubt we'll get a good end with the vibes this show gives off. I'm going with an "everyone dies" end or an 08th MS Team end which is decent yet still bittersweet.
Ok™
Mar 3, 2011 6:31 PM

Jan 2008
STM said:
Paul said:

FEELING from KOKIA. I think it's from Break Blade's OP single.

Ah thanks, it was from the OP Single, but called Womoi.
Mar 4, 2011 11:00 AM

Mar 2010
Just watched it a few minutes ago... great episode indeed! Looks like it'll get even more intense from now on!!! :)
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Mar 4, 2011 5:52 PM
Oct 2007
Full of awesomeness in this episode. The movie just get better and better. I'm definitely looking forward to the next one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2011 9:50 PM

Jul 2010
Girge is way better than Zess.
Mar 5, 2011 1:52 PM

Dec 2009
I really hope the tone down the yuri aspect ... Cleo was a really nice character before she fell for Sygn.
Mar 5, 2011 11:48 PM

Aug 2010
The red Golem was prolly just putting up an act(a bad one) so he didnt have to follow the girls orders and he could just do what he wanted without them knowing.

Girghe in the red artemis is fucking terrifying. Borcuse vs Girghe the epicness is too much!!
Mar 6, 2011 7:07 PM

Jul 2010
billng said:
The red Golem was prolly just putting up an act(a bad one) so he didnt have to follow the girls orders and he could just do what he wanted without them knowing.

Girghe in the red artemis is fucking terrifying. Borcuse vs Girghe the epicness is too much!!

He was acting?, I thought he was serious
Mar 7, 2011 10:38 PM

Nov 2007
oh man shit got real.... real good. loving these movies. Sigyn is so win. she definitely has feelings for Rygart still but didn't express them and he couldn't tell. I mean her and her "husband" barely spend time together at all it seems let alone share a room.

I love how Rygart now realizes this is war and he's accepted he's probably going to have to kill. also starting to like Narvi a lot, man she is going to be pissed those assholes took out General True. I'm sure we 'll see more of a reaction to his ambush next time.

oh man just when you think Girge is a coward he proves to be the most badass, and takes the fight right to Borcuse, and Nike. Zess didn't do much though, you'll have to think he'll show back up soon. I still don't see how they have any chance of winning as Borcuse will have them outmanned and they have the stronger mech things. I'm looking forward to the next one though.
Mar 12, 2011 2:10 AM
Nov 2007
Best movie of the series so far! I enjoyed it a lot!
Mar 26, 2011 1:00 PM

Oct 2009
This movie was so awesome and the ending was so epic. 5, loved it.
Rygart was so powerful with his updated golem; killing alone so much enemies requires good skills. Also, i liked Girge so much. Girge's a bad ass, he was defeating the ELITE ENEMIES ALONE - EPICNESS!
Waiting for the next movie :3
あらあら。。。
Jun 4, 2011 4:24 AM

Jun 2009
Wow, Girghe turned my supposed to post "pussy" to "epic". Damn, that was sheer awesomeness through domination.

The deaths in this episode were also brutal (Poor General True and Elsa) that I really wanted those guys to get their ass kicked by anyone from Krisnan. There is also the irony where they label Krisnan as murderers and barbarians while on the otherhand, they are the ones who do those things.

10/10 for this episode.
Jun 9, 2011 7:44 AM

Apr 2009
Woah General True and Captain Elsa just got snapped like twigs. T_T

I didn't believe, not even for a moment, Girghe 'acting' to be real since I know he's a certifiable nutcase. Anyway if he's this damn kick ass against the enemy, at least the 'loose screw on his head' has it's uses. If I hadn't known Rygart since the first part of this series and I just watched the last part of this episode, I'll probably mistake Girghe to be the protagonist here!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 1, 2011 10:15 AM

Feb 2008
this was a pretty good match.i like how they played up the dynamics between ryg and the queen. next movie will be surprising.
Aug 2, 2011 2:57 AM

Sep 2008
I wonder if Girghe will die... well if he doesn't die, Baldr will have to. I guess Baldr will since it seems fitting for the newer generation to live on... or they can both die. Either way, his fighting is awesome.

They totally made the movie good with a good amount of sexy Sigyn scenes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2011 3:01 AM

Sep 2010
That was really good.
Aug 2, 2011 11:56 PM

Nov 2006
Girge is so pretty
Just look at him

HNGHHHHHH

Yeah that's all I have to say
Aug 9, 2011 12:37 PM

Feb 2009
This show is getting better and better with every episode.I really like the music in this one and the flashback with Sigyn and Rygard was very intriguing.
windy said:

Yeah,he's a cutie xD And also pretty cool at times.I sure hope he won't be dying just yet.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Nov 8, 2011 6:15 AM

Jun 2008
ZingFreelancer said:

We are also introduced to another crazy ass character, first he is scared of fighting and then he goes all by himself to challenge the entire enemy army. Nothing good will come out of that.

Lol! You didn't get it at all did you? He was never scared. He was just playing an oscar role so he could be left alone and do his own thing. Well if wars stop he can always make a career as an actor.
He really was awesome though putting a fight against all of them like that and especially considering he exchanged blows with the best. It is kind of suicidal act though.

ArcticMech said:

I thought they should have devoted more time to the battle sequences, particularly with the ambush/death of True and when Rygart was rushing to the battle scene. The former seemed rushed and the latter made it difficult to fully appreciate what he did.

Yeah needed to see better what happened with True but Elsa to. We only saw how her mecha lost but we didn't manage to see how 20 lost to six exactly.
Still the action and battles where the best we saw until now.

toneytigre said:
lol! First a 12 yr old who looks 25. Now a 25 yr old who looks like 12. Splendid!

The miracles of anime. That's why we love them. Lol.
Dec 30, 2011 11:41 AM

Aug 2008
This series is building up nicely! While I'm still a bit annoyed at all the genius little girl pilots running around (more than one seems like overdoing it), I can't complain about the action, I could never complain about the animation, and even the music is growing on me finally. It was nice to see some tactics a psychology used for this battle as well. Borcuse is undoubtedly this series' god of war and the match up at the end forced my hairs to stand on end. I'm looking forward to this final movie more than ever before.

Jan 2, 2012 5:21 PM

Dec 2010
Great episode! The best one to now nonetheless. Girge felt like epic anti-character to me from the start and I really liked him. To be honest he disappointed me when he got scared. He has seen only training battles? Hm, I definitely didn't see this coming. Of course this justifies his act just a little bit, but it's just because of his character.
On the other side Borcuse... just as I expected, judging by his aura - he was spreading fear into every one who looked at him, I'm sure of it - I myself felt frightened... His dread strategy definitely worked. Too good he couldn't kill Baldr... I'd hate him even more for this. I respect him highly though. I felt so relieved when Girge showed up... not sure what was the reason for him to act in such manner even after his reaction before the battlefield earlier on. And to be honest he did way better than what I expected for his best. He killed the friggin Athen bitch and so much others... I couldn't help but scream silently(lol) from amusement. I hope he kills every single Athen soldier... I want them all dead after the ambush attack they did in the beginning of this movie. Now Zess isn't among them... Even if I still wish for him to stay alive...
Rygart slowly became my favorite character... for some reason I can't actually explain... even though Girge is on his way to top character too... It's yet to be decided.
Lulz at the "lesbian" scenes. And I really thought that Sigyn will do Rygart... or at least that she'd try to.

10/10 - there wasn't a single bit of this movie that I didn't like.
MeritasJan 2, 2012 5:27 PM
Jan 5, 2012 8:55 AM

Aug 2010
Damn Fan service but Sigyn is still howwwt. :D
Jan 5, 2012 1:34 PM
Dec 2009
awe.. kinda sad they omitted parts of the fight with Girge from the manga, looks like it's going to be shorter from what I wanted to see
tag©.androgynous
Mar 18, 2012 11:54 PM

Jun 2009
What's with the bloody-thirsty females?
Why is it that the King and Queen don't share a room together?
Will Rygart ever get laid?
Will Gerge make it out alive?
Why is he so sexy and crazy?
Jul 11, 2012 5:11 PM

Jan 2011
I loved that scene with Narvi and Rygart at the beginning. He was teasing her all along, and then that "Don't you have any balls?" "Wanna check?"

And then he picked it up again with Sygin around and she snapped..she really really really cares about him. Unfortunately, she is with the king, who happens to be his best friend. Maybe they could come to an agreement after the war. It doesnt seem like Hodr would "force" her if she doesn't want, maybe he doesn't even care anymore. It's not exactly clear how they ended up together anyways.

Anyways, awesome, and Narvi is cute.

That scene with Elsa was just stupid. Why did she head out? Sure, Borcuse would stare at them. So? Just kill his troops while they aren't slaughtering you.

I 'm also not sure if Girghe was playing, it fits his personailty far better if he really was terrified.

There are two problems Krisna has: Inferior golems, and inferior soldiers.

The yellow golems from Zess squad, and the blue that appeared now are clearly superior, but the main problem is the later. The normal soldiers are simply stupid. They don't hit a thing, they don't dodge, they can't block, they are terrified if an enemy even looks at them etc.

Take a look at Baldr, or Narvis squad. Yes, that includes Rygart. Rygart was a pussy at start, and he still isn't what a soldier should be, but compared to the normal Krisna soldiers, he is a battle-hardened veteran, a cold blooded killer.

And i like the OP more and more each time i hear it. I only now realized it's from Kokia, that explains why it is that excaptionally good.
Oct 30, 2012 8:54 PM

Oct 2012
At this point, I just want Rygart to get together with Sigyn. If its not at least in insinuated that they have a future with each other by the end of episode six, I will be seriously displeased.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Nov 12, 2012 8:37 AM

Sep 2010
Rygart keeping it classy with the ladies.

I feel yuri vibes from the Cleo and Sigyn moments.

Girge is so amazing I love him. I knew he wasn't afraid of battle cause he is a psychotic glourious bastard. Also he combines 3 things I love megane, bishie, and psychotic. <33

5/5

9/10
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 14, 2013 4:25 AM

Apr 2009
All that action hit the spot. That was a nice tactical battle between two competent generals. Sigyn also made it clear that she loved Rygart. And Hodr seems to be aware of it.

I thought General Baldr was going to die, but fortunately for Krisna, he didn't. He was just acting as bait so Narvi's new crack commando unit can flank the enemy.

Baldr held out in time to allow their secret weapon to deal as much damage through ambush. Rygart put on a good show considering how he just trained for this.

The enemy loli, Nike, turned out to be a psycho, huh. She killed Krisna's less competent but more charismatic general. That's certainly a blow to morale. Narvi will surely mourn in the next movie.

Girge is the team's maverick, alright. He faked being afraid so he could fight alone and fight like a madman. He's the opposite of his father who fights using calm reasoning. And he seemed to be a match for the much-feared enemy commander.
Feb 13, 2013 10:37 AM
Aug 2011
Well that was much better than the previous 3 installments.
Girge's a crazy bastard.
You could tell he was plotting something when he was crying about being afraid and he didn't disappoint.

toneytigre said:

Lol right?
I was so annoyed with that. I can't take that crap seriously.
I wanted that pilot to die.
Mar 2, 2013 5:13 PM

Jul 2011
You go Girghe! :D
Apr 7, 2013 12:31 PM

May 2010
Holy molly, that red hair dude is crazy! The queen holds romantic feelings for the main character? That's a surprise...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 1, 2013 1:08 PM

Dec 2008
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!! THAT END!!!! OH MAH GOD! SUCH AN AWESOME END! Girge, you so badass. Rygart should seriously listen to Sigyn more... Also...Elsa ;___;
Oh, and. Sleeping Sigyn is too adorable.

It was good, though the first 3 were more enjoyable. 7/10.
Aug 14, 2013 8:01 AM

Aug 2010
The ending was epic.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Sep 9, 2013 6:29 PM

Feb 2013
Looks like everyone's guesses were correct... Nike is a lot older than Cleo.

Girghe isn't actually a scardie... he just wanted to kill them all himself.
Jan 2, 2014 6:57 AM

Feb 2011
Ghirghe best character hands down.
Jan 16, 2014 3:24 PM

Mar 2013
this absolutly ridiculous idea of treating ur WARPRISONERS like you best friends, sleeping in the same freaking room as the QUEEN, is so full of shit and illogical in every way possible that i really doubt that writers used their brains while creating this and it just throws me away from this show so much. Besides the fact that every characters is clichee unrealistic and uninteresting and the story is full of illogical mistakes as well the anime was quite nice, expect that is was pretty boring
Jan 29, 2014 7:46 AM

Jun 2013
Things are really starting ti get pretty good :)
Feb 4, 2014 9:23 PM

Dec 2012
Ah so the small girl is 25. Guess these movies are aiming to defy logic, can't wait to see the 90 year old toddler.

The fights in this movie were really intense and hella awesome. Looks like the big fight is underway. Rygart using his golem as a giant spear was really crazy. Either Girge was dead serious about being scared or he was BSing so he could go on that single handed massacre. Either way he kicked some serious ass and Borcuse looks like he's having a field day with it. 7.5/10

ZekkenshinFeb 4, 2014 9:26 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.