MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Kara no Kyoukai Blu-ray Box Sold Out in the US
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Kara no Kyoukai Blu-ray Box Sold Out in the US

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
02-06-11, 2:23 PM

B-chan911 said:
ios said:
Americans are rich lol, no wonder they are a super power of this world

Wow dude, are you wrong. America is 17 trillion dollars in debt right now. In fact, our country practically belongs to China, LOL.

All your country are belong to us.

Anyway, that disproved many theories of anime industry dying because of piracy in NA. I bet more than 95% of the buyers have actually watched the movies as subtitled torrents firsthand.

If it wasn't this expensive and if I actually owned a Blu-ray...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

02-06-11, 2:37 PM

I was about to buy this then decided I'd rather get weed.

02-06-11, 2:41 PM

Saw that comin', if there were actually included english subs, it's not surprising. Now the next step, which I really want, is to translate the novel to english. I just... have to get it. Price doesn't matter.
Modified by Daisuken, 02-06-11, 3:18 PM

02-06-11, 3:15 PM

DeathReaper said:
Wow.
This i did not expect, either they are too rich or some crazy hardcore Otaku, well i am glad that people bought though ^_^

wow this is impressive.

02-06-11, 3:20 PM

300 dollars for a average movie saga.

lol americans are dumb.

02-06-11, 3:35 PM

Let me put up a manifesto

The fact that some Americans can afford to blow $300 on a bunch of DVDs while the rest of the population live in squalor just goes to show that the rich-poor divide is widening. Can we stand for this? Should we stand for this?

*cue fiery rhetoric about uprisings and a Marxist utopia*

But seriously, it's a serious problem when a rich-poor gap grows too wide. The Marxists would call for a revolution, the optimists would work harder in hopes to get richer and I would buy the damned DVD, create loads of bootleg copies and sell them for $150 each to widen the rich-poor gap

02-06-11, 3:40 PM

I thought this was priced at around $500 last time I checked? But $300 is still a bit much...There's got to be a gajillion extra content in order for that to be worth it.

Banner made by suikka

02-06-11, 4:15 PM

wow i cant believe people actualy bought those....

and at a side note... i wouldnt pay this much for them, even if they did bother to sell them in my part of the U.S. which they arent...

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫

02-06-11, 4:17 PM

I lol'd when I saw the name Kondo.

02-06-11, 4:21 PM

MadDogV2 said:
No. No, no, NO NOOO!
Thank you losers with money to burn, you're telling them it's ok to charge such a ridiculous price. You wanna know why anime is so damn expensive? Because you idiots continue to buy it anyways! Vote with your wallets people...

Sounds like someone is just sore he/she couldn't buy the set be he/she doesn't have such an income to be able to afford it.

Poor you.
Please stop.

02-06-11, 4:36 PM

I'm one of those buyers. Also, this thing is $400, not $300. Not sure where everyone else bought it from, lol.

02-06-11, 4:38 PM

funny that people waste 300-400$ when you can have it free. with that 400$ I prefer waste it on the newest graphic cards lolz

02-06-11, 4:43 PM

SuperSaiyen said:
funny that people waste 300-400$ when you can have it free. with that 400$ I prefer waste it on the newest graphic cards lolz

To not understand the meaning of a collection or material possession, I fear for your future.
Please stop.

02-06-11, 5:51 PM

Sold out? Never thought I'd see that.

02-06-11, 5:52 PM

Glad I pre-ordered mine now. I'm not too glad with some of the translation choices, but every official English release has something that irks me. I wish the translators had played Mirror-Moon's F/SN, haha. That is, if it was a NA firm who did the TLing.

Imagine if they had made it less expensive, and or at least done a proper re-master.

02-06-11, 5:57 PM

Just burn it on a blu-ray or dvd . Don't worry about my future, it's far better than those who waste money just to have the official box and disks.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not again collecting stuff but with price like these it's like throwing money outside your windows.

02-06-11, 6:23 PM

SuperSaiyen said:

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not again collecting stuff but with price like these it's like throwing money outside your windows.

The same could be said for purchasing an expensive internet connection to fulfil the same purpose.

If you knew how to budget, you probably would know that the people buying this set probably either have a disposable income, are good at saving or have a particular part of their income dedicated to hobbies. Only those who can't effectively manage their funds would claim it to be a waste.
Please stop.

02-06-11, 7:46 PM

Internet doesn't cost 400$, it's 100 time cheaper and you can get all anime. You can't even compare them. Plus Internet isn't only for downling anime you know :)

02-06-11, 8:14 PM

SuperSaiyen said:
Internet doesn't cost 400$

You've never heard the term "accumulative costs", have you?
Please stop.

02-06-11, 8:40 PM

Onibokusu said:
MadDogV2 said:
No. No, no, NO NOOO!
Thank you losers with money to burn, you're telling them it's ok to charge such a ridiculous price. You wanna know why anime is so damn expensive? Because you idiots continue to buy it anyways! Vote with your wallets people...

Sounds like someone is just sore he/she couldn't buy the set be he/she doesn't have such an income to be able to afford it.

Poor you.
So your answer is to laugh at those who aren't privileged enough to be able to blow money on mere entertainment? I guess us poor folk should just be denied any form of distractions because we are, you know, poor and insignificant.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices