Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 12, 2011 3:41 PM

Jan 2011
Really enjoyed this episode! I loved the first half, and the second half was really cute. (=
Feb 12, 2011 4:14 PM

Jan 2009
Tl;dr I have now decided that Fukuda is the best character in this, and now it's set ins tone. It cannot be changed.
Besides, his favourite manga is To Love-Ru, so obviously he's a good guy.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 13, 2011 5:20 AM

Dec 2010
I AGREE WITH MASHIRO AND HE IS THE REASON I WATCH.FIRST OFF HE ACTUALLY BECAME AN ASSISTANT FOR TAKAGI SAKE TO HELP HIS WRITERS BLOCK AND I THOUGH IT WOULD A BORING EPISODE WITHOUT TAKAGI BUT IT WAS RATHER GOOD .EJI WAS AWESOME AND SO WAS THE OTHERS.SO HE CAN HAVE FUN WITHOUT HIS FRIEND THATS GOOD .FIRST OF TAKAGI SHOULD OF NEVER SAID WHAT HE DID ABOUT MISHIRO RELATIONSHIP WITH AZUKI WAS WEIRD ,ITS THAT RELATIONSHIP THAT YOU ARE WRITING FOR YOUR STUPID GIRLFRIEND THEIR RELATIONSHIP IS THEIR BUSINESS DONT YOU THINK IF YOURS WAS SO GREAT WHY DONT YOU WRITE ABOUT THAT AND WHILE WERE ON THE SUBJECT HE WAS TO MAKE UP THE NAMES FOR THE NEXT STORY WHY ARE YOU WRITING FOR YOUR GIRLFRIEND ,YOU WAS SUPPOSED TO HELP HER NOT WRITE IT YOURSELF STUPID.COME ON HOW IS WRITING IT YOUSELF WILL HELP HER OR YOU THINK .I THOUGHT YOU WERE SMARTER THAN THAT .EVEN THOUGH YOU FOUND THAT YOU WANTED TO DO MYSTERIES BY HELPING HER ,MASHIRO FIGURE THAT OUT SO EITHER WAY HE WOULD NOT OF NEEDED HER HELP.IT PROVES GREAT MIND THINK ALIKE.AND FOR THE RECORD NO I DO NOT WISH TAKAGI WAS THE MAIN PROTAGONIST THAT WOULD BE BORING AND FOOLISH IF IT WASNT FOR MASHIRO WHO HAD LEARN FROM HIS DEAD UNCLE AND WAS PUSHING SO HARD YOU GUYS WOULDNT HAVE MADE IT SO FAR .MASHIRO YOU NEED TO RELAX SOME MORE HES ANXIOUS THAT WITHOUT A STORY HE CANT MOVE FORWARD .MASHIRO PUTS HIS FAITH AND RELATIONSHIP WITH AZUKI IN TAKAGI HANDS,
SO STEP IT UP IM ROOTING FOR YOU GUYS. I REALLY HOPE MISHIRO AND AZUKI WORKS OUT, HEY IT MIGHT A LITTLE DIFFERENT BUT NOT WEIRD AND THATS GOOD
YOU HAVE THE HOTTER GIRLFIEND
hack5Feb 13, 2011 9:32 AM
Feb 13, 2011 1:23 PM

Aug 2008
Looks like Mashiro's little stint as an assistant is over. It's a shame because
I really enjoyed it. But it does appear that not only did the story start to
move forward in a meaningful way, but we got some real diversity and rivalry
going on amongst the comraderie. To top that off I'm glad that Mashiro's and
Takagi are starting to rub each other the wrong way. It has been way too
perfect up until this point, and there is no reason for Takagi to take crap when
he already gave him a deadline. He has a right to live a somewhat normal life.
I doubt accusations are going to help things along.

This series may be starting a decent trend of making me look forward to the next
episode. I don't think it's too late for me to learn to love this series either
(though I seriously doubt that will happen).

Feb 13, 2011 6:19 PM

Jun 2009
Oh snap, THAT is getting closer.....but I can't say I don't understand Takagi. I would do the same thing in his position.

Mashiro is just being a jerk, I don't get why he wouldn't tell Takagi about his idea just because he was at Miyoshis house.
Feb 13, 2011 9:05 PM

Jul 2009
ICHIGO 100% be my friend Fukuda
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 14, 2011 8:25 AM

Apr 2010
StormViruz said:
Liked Fukuda more when he mentioned about manga popularity and To-Love-Ru is a manga for boys. xD

When I saw Takagi's brother, I thought it was L. O_o

And this Nakai got his sprit back. Nice. :)

Next ep seems a hardship for the duo.
Yea me too WTF where did he brother come from >_< i havent seen him in the mana
Feb 14, 2011 4:01 PM

Jun 2008
In my opinion....

This was a VERY UNREALISTIC episode on almost every scene.

Now, I know this is anime and blah, blah, blah...but the story is supposed to be a realistic plot, and I was frustrated to see so many inconsistencies and half-truths.

Such as the To-Love-Ru thing...

To-Love-Ru did HORRIBLE in the ratings because the story SUCKS not because it's ecchi, the reason why the volumes sold well is because of the good art and ecchi scenes.

However, people don't rate on ecchi, they rate on story and plot and thats where To-Love-Ru fails....MISERABLY.

Also, To-Love-Ru was FORCED to finish last year...so for those that don't know, now you do.
Feb 17, 2011 9:10 PM

Jul 2010
To Love-Ru is one my favorites too Fukuda. :)
Feb 19, 2011 1:32 PM

Apr 2009
Gahhh why are they all misunderstanding each other...
Feb 20, 2011 2:31 AM

Jun 2010
I liked when Fukuda critised the Jump manga order, but except that, just a normal episde
Feb 20, 2011 9:50 AM

Aug 2010
Shujin is with his girlfriend I think this is normal and Mashiro get angry because he's jealous. That's it.
And yes To Love-Ru is my favourite too :D
Feb 20, 2011 4:15 PM

Jul 2009
Lol first half was awesome! I love the other assistants and Niizuma, they're such cool characters :D
Anyways, Mashiro's annoying when he gets all "stop being with your girlfriend" -_-" I mean just because YOU two don't like being together doesn't mean he doesn't ... plus, he thinks he can just get an anime adaptation that easily? That doing it alone will be easier? *sigh*
Mar 21, 2011 5:47 PM

Aug 2010
I don't like this :( hope they don't split on awful terms.
Mar 23, 2011 3:27 PM
Mar 2010
First real discussion between saiko and takagi, but hey, Shujin agree!!!! Saiko and Azuki are abnormal!!! ahahah
even so next episode will be delicious, I hope....

next to 19th
Mar 28, 2011 5:00 AM

Feb 2011
just realize the anime where azuki is dubbing is yuri or so what i think!! xD
Apr 15, 2011 1:32 AM
Dec 2008
did saiko just decide to ditch shuujin if he cant catch up?
TSK TSK TSK bros before hoes
its getting more and more interesting btw
May 10, 2011 4:56 AM

Aug 2009
Haha, I'm liking Fukuda more. :D
Still no sign with the mangaka girl?

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

May 10, 2011 7:23 AM

Aug 2010
Sleeping!Saiko is so moeeee. And I think Azuki makes no sense whatsoever, but okay I'm not all that of a romantic.
Aug 18, 2011 4:14 AM

Sep 2010
I totally didn't expect Fukuda to suddenly start talking about that his favorite manga is To-Love-Ru. I think it's nice this show calls series by the name instead of changed titles.
Nov 30, 2011 9:19 AM
Jul 2018
SephiriAzure said:
I loved Takagi, because he seemed like a good character, and until now I thought he was more supportive about the type of relationship Mashiro and Azuki have. What's so bad about focusing on your dreams and then realizing them..and knowing that no matter what..at the end, the person you love will still be there, because she loves you just as much as you do. I don't think that's so wrong. Takagi was the one who wanted to write the manga, and now he's with his girlfriend...writing her stories, that she's supposed to be doing. Didn't she say she was going to be understanding of the whole thing. I mean she had to know that writing manga and getting an anime by a certain time...has to be hard right. I think Takagi was a jerk in this episode...and should be focusing on the manga...at least a little more than he is now. I'm not saying, he should neglect his girlfriend completely, but he was the one who asked Mashiro for help, and said they would work together to realize their dreams..and now that he has a girlfriend...that just a few episodes ago, he could have cared less about is making huge changes to the whole thing. At least Azuki understands what they have to do and need to do. I think Takagi should do what he committed to do, and if he can't, he should tell Mashiro, so that he can do what he needs to do. They have a goal and they have a deadline...

On another note...I really don't like Miyoshi...don't know why, but I don't. Takagi should just find someone else.

Agree entirely! I don't like Miyoshi either. I feel like she's the one pulling both of them down. So much for being understanding. And I really don't like the fact that Takagi is writing HER story when she's suppose to write it herself.

I think it's just fair for Mashiro if he decides to do everything himself. I'm on Mashiro side for now. He's the one struggling both in his relationship and his dream.
May 10, 2012 10:37 PM

Sep 2011
They better not split up!

awesome-49 said:
so what if Takagi wants to hang with his girlfriend and work the only reason Mashiro is writing is to get close to Azuki so why can't Takagi hang with his girl while working

I agree 100% with this.
May 29, 2012 7:37 AM

Apr 2009
ARGHH this shit is SO stupid, "think that our love will be greater when our dreams came true"

such utter bullshit by a 14 year old kid.

i like the concept of bakuman but the STUPIDITY AND ANNYOMENT of the romance between saikou and azuki is trough the roof.

so annoying, takagi and miyoshi are normal and realistic.

Azuki and Saikou's behavior is just bullshit, its so stupid seriously, one of the most annoying and unrealistic situations i have ever seen about 2 characters in love.

it ruins bakuman for me, the concept is interesting and the series is fun aside from that, but this retarded bond between those 2 just makes it annoying.

i cant give this season higher than a 7 now even though its interesting, its far from solid, the bond between them is full of flaws and annoyment.

probably only people who have experienced love themselves would understand this, i dont want any stupid replies from kids that have no life or love experience defending what i just attacked.

these are just facts and it hurts the series, it could have been much better.
Jul 16, 2012 5:37 PM

Nov 2011
I have to agree that Takagi was a "bit" of an ass in this episode. Like...seriously?! I understand that he's just trying to make Miyoshi happy and spend time with her but that was just bs.

The first phone call (I'm assuming) he got from Mashiro ever since he started working for Eiji was to tell him about his girlfriend...

It seemed like Mashiro had a spark of inspiration too, and Takagi just had to let him down like that.
Aug 16, 2012 1:31 PM

Jan 2011
So many things happened this episode, Takagi was enjoying himself for a while. And I think he had the right to do that since he usually works so hard. The preview looks promising, stuff will be very tense.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 29, 2012 12:46 AM

Apr 2010
Mashiro sucks so much I can't even put it into words. When did Takagi ever neglect writing the names? We all saw that whiny good for nothing girlfriend of his force him write the novel for her "dream". Mashiro could have a normal relationship if he wished for it so it's no use being a dick to Takagi for taking a day off.
Sep 17, 2012 4:03 PM

Nov 2011
A mystery manga? I wonder how this will go! And Mashiro getting mad at Takagi was kind of stupid, but I guess I'll let it slide.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Nov 13, 2012 10:39 AM
Dec 2011
Loved the ep, very interesting one.
When Miyoshi asked Takagi to enter her house, his parents out and all that... I thought they'll be doing "other" kind of things XD
Anyway, I'm not sure about Takagi. I loved him very much at first but now he's forgot about this project he proposed. Mashiro is learning very much on his own and is very courageous. I think he should leave Takagi if there's no choice (of course, I'd rather they started working again together!)
Next ep seemed conflictive (Miyoshi/Takagi). And those two Hattoris? :/
Jan 5, 2013 3:03 PM

Jan 2012
"love will be much greater by not seeing each other until dreams come true."
This is a stupid argument from Azuki. What if Mashiro finds another girl or Azuki herself finds another guy on the way to the dream?
and Mashiro actually got all worked up by that line, what an idiot.
May 15, 2013 5:32 AM

Sep 2012
LOL Fukuda likes To Love-ru ..
May 24, 2013 8:00 PM

Jan 2013
MoeXtreme said:
"love will be much greater by not seeing each other until dreams come true."
This is a stupid argument from Azuki. What if Mashiro finds another girl or Azuki herself finds another guy on the way to the dream?
and Mashiro actually got all worked up by that line, what an idiot.

I agree
Dec 10, 2013 11:13 AM

May 2012
Quite a nice episode and well it's good they didn't go for the love depression storyline... a pretty decent episode with some interesting development so let's see what's next!
Dec 13, 2013 3:51 PM

May 2013
Oh oh theyre growing apart
Dec 16, 2013 12:23 PM
Mar 2013
I'm on Takagi's side, if you have a girlfriend you can't ignore her. He's even spending more time with Mashiro than with Miyoshi and he's even writing in the meantime.
Jan 14, 2014 11:38 AM

Aug 2013
Oh wow, Fukuda favorite maga is To Love-ru xD
Who would have thought...

So as I suspected, Mashiro and Takagi are getting more and more away. I wonder if Mashiro will try something by himself and fail.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 17, 2014 11:22 PM

Mar 2012
Mashiro's just being jealous of Takagi and Miyoshi's relationship, what's the problem with him working on the name in his girlfriend's place? Also loved how Takagi told him that his relationship with Azuki wasn't normal xD
Sep 26, 2014 5:36 PM

Jul 2014
I'm honestly starting to dislike miyoshi. she's getting in the way
Nov 19, 2014 9:48 AM

Nov 2013
Mashiro was being a selfish asshole this episode, Takagi is supportive of the weird relationship Miho/Mashiro have yet he doesn't give back that support. Sigh.

Even if Miyoshi was being a turd this episode and leeching Takagi's talent, it's still annoying.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 16, 2014 11:08 PM
Jun 2013
[quote=Its_Samu]I am totally on Takagi's side. If I had a partner, I wouldn't completely ignore them. TBH Mashiro and Azuki have the weird relationship, whilst Takagi and Miyoshi's is more normal.

Agree 100%.
Dec 16, 2014 11:16 PM
Jun 2013
Takagi is right. In the beginning Mashiro and Azuki were a cute little match, but at this point, they are kinda annoying. Mashiro's just upset that Takagi has a real girlfriend that he can speak to. It's the weirdest thing for two people who have barely, if ever, spoken to one another to promise to marry after their dreams come true...random. Their relationship is so forced imo. And Takagi has writer's block and there's not really anything he can do about it. He was sitting around doing nothing so why not use that wasted time for the girlfriend he was kinda neglecting.
Feb 20, 2015 12:14 AM

May 2014
Mashiro should just ditch takagi. I'm just hoping he does.
Feb 28, 2015 7:45 AM

Feb 2015
Gotta say I'm with Takagi in this one. There is no reason to Mashiro being so mad at him just because Takagi hangs with his girlfriend. It's true that Miho and Mashiro are here the weird ones. I still can't understand why they can't even talk to each others or anything. They don't even know each others! It's just stupid.

And Takagi was still doing the name so it's not like he wasn't doing any work. It's pretty dick move from Mashiro if he starts doing his own manga. What the heck happened to the team work?

I hope they can figure things out but I still think Takagi has the all right to see Miyoshi and Mashiro shouldn't get angry about that. Normally people in relationships do see each others.
Homeless_SwallowMay 13, 2015 3:01 PM
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Mar 26, 2015 5:55 PM

Jun 2009
Shujin is the one who needs to get his priorities straight, not Saiko.

This guy: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=283962&show=0#msg10295312 - Is completely correct. Shujin is dragging Saiko down, not the other way around. Miyoshi is dragging them both down, she's a hopeless fuck.
loghneckbeardMar 26, 2015 6:00 PM
Mar 3, 2016 7:13 AM

Oct 2012
Lol that discussion about To Love-Ru, I'm pretty happy with that xD

Tbh Saikou and Miho are better couple for me, even if they aren't one yet
IRL maybe people like them won't last long
But it's really nice to see their relationship
Saikou!! I'm rooting for you 101%! xD

Double Hattori! xD
They're not brothers right?
"Signature removed"
Mar 24, 2016 8:56 AM
May 2014
No matter how many times I've seen this show I always geek when Fukuda says his favorite manga is to Love RU, what a harem plan and thousands of panty shots (an episode) is e closest thing to a universal male fantasy anyway so what's the problem.
How fitting (or depressing I haven't decided) for my 100th post to be about me complaining about dicks who review shows without finishing them.
Jul 9, 2016 10:14 AM
Dec 2014
Romance in this anime is dead, don't like how they are rushing to create manga. Their editor says this will be a good manga in 3 years serialised and they're like nah scrap it we need an anime by age 18 its just stupid go see each other you goons
Nov 22, 2016 4:43 PM

Oct 2016
Meh, I don't know what happens from here but I think Mashiro and Takagi both have legitimate complaints about each other's behavior at this point. But most of all they should be communicating with one another! That's their biggest problem.
theshinsengumiNov 22, 2016 4:46 PM
Nov 27, 2016 7:56 PM

Sep 2013
I had a feeling that Kaya would be a Yoko Ono type character who would eventually split the boys apart.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 29, 2016 6:28 AM
Nov 2014
I Laughed so hard when takagi said to mashiro you two aren't normal. He's just jealous because takagi has an actual girlfriend while can't even talk with his so called girlfriend.
May 24, 2017 7:06 AM

May 2016
Those HAJIME NO IPPO references damn I laughed so hard.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kanade-chan - Dec 25, 2010

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

M0ni - Dec 4, 2010

139 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Oct 16, 2010

181 by Karva1 »»
Mar 23, 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.