Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 9, 2008 11:49 AM

May 2008
LAH-Foton said:
and dang, any respect built for Nina is lost immediately. She's still a racist psycho lesbian bitch <_<, only better-dressed.

lol it seems that you share the same hatred for her that i do
djinn_690Jun 9, 2008 1:01 PM
Jun 9, 2008 12:25 PM

Oct 2007
I enjoyed the chess game, even though it was faulty xP

Xing Ke was pretty cool, and lol at the end with Orange-kun in the desert.

Jun 9, 2008 12:48 PM

Aug 2007
Well Nina is still Nina..

and Zero for the save?...or..?
Jun 9, 2008 12:58 PM

Apr 2008
I think if Tian-zi said "Xing-ke!" one more I woulda snapped.
Jun 9, 2008 2:43 PM

Oct 2007
It was a good episode but look forward to the next episode with the development with Orange-kun :P

And for Nina >.> get over it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2008 2:43 PM

Mar 2008
Tianzi's VA receives a gold for her voice, that was so convincing O_O

and, I had a tiny bit of respect for Nina before, and this ep shattered it <_<
FotonJun 9, 2008 2:49 PM
Jun 9, 2008 3:00 PM
Aug 2007
Oh can that laugh get any more evil :}
Jun 9, 2008 3:18 PM

May 2007
Interesting episode. Lelouch's laugh at the end of the episode was quite the hilarious one. Looking forward to more, as usual.
Jun 9, 2008 4:40 PM

Jun 2007
people bitching about reality in an anime that has MECHAS: get a fucking life and see the real reality
people bitching about plot (page 2): there was actually plot involved here, but it seems like you were probably too stupid to notice, and no, its not moving slowly, its just setting up.... i thought people would've realized by now... (not aimed at chess)

some comments are getting really old, and it seems like people can't understand what anime is supposed to be....

anyways, for the episode.
new prologue, i almost wtf'd
kallen and lulu at it again, but it seems like lulu is fine with it
C.C asking for tabasco....what GREAT timing
Anya wa kawaii desu
wtf, nina? :(
xing ke's past, lolicon, but warm hearted
lol at Zero
Princess Kaguya is awesome, supposedly lulu's wife, suzaku's cousing, and she seems to want suzaku as a gift....
chess game was lulz, can't believe lulu backed down... and can't believe they personalized their chess game.... i guess its fine since its an anime after all.
crazy nina was bad...
xing ke's coup d'etat was awesome, but ruined by zero... i really wonder what happens now.
and.... i guess i am the only one left to say... ORANGEEEE-KUN!
Jun 9, 2008 5:47 PM

Mar 2008
i give it a 4/5
it might have been a strange episode but i enjoyed it enough

MAL list updates
Jun 9, 2008 6:24 PM

Feb 2008
What a CRAZY.....but awesome episode =D
Jun 9, 2008 6:31 PM

Nov 2007
Richard_Omega said:
people bitching about reality in an anime that has MECHAS: get a fucking life and see the real reality
people bitching about plot (page 2): there was actually plot involved here, but it seems like you were probably too stupid to notice, and no, its not moving slowly, its just setting up.... i thought people would've realized by now... (not aimed at chess)

some comments are getting really old, and it seems like people can't understand what anime is supposed to be....

Bitching about people bitching is always the best choice.
Jun 9, 2008 6:44 PM
Jul 2018
Well, I don't think you can fully judge this episode until we see where it goes from here.

As of right now, all that happened in this episode that is really worth noting is that Brittania made a counter-move to what happened last episode. Zero / Lulu responded towards the end of the episode in his own way but didn't show his cards yet.

Telling from what happened, you can only assume that for whatever reason right now, Lulu can't have the Chinese Federation and Brittania fighting each other. He also can't have the Chinese Federation and Brittania joining forces or reaching any type of peace agreement at Zero's expense.

I'm not all too impressed with R2 so far as I think the story has made very, very little sense and it has taken a massive downhill slide from the first 3-4 episodes and an even bigger step back in recent times.
Jun 9, 2008 7:47 PM
Aug 2007
Richard_Omega said:
there was actually plot involved here, but it seems like you were probably too stupid to notice, and no, its not moving slowly, its just setting up.... i thought people would've realized by now... (not aimed at chess)

Supposed to be? It's supposed to take 9 episodes to "set up" whatever plot that is still not that apparent yet? Perhaps it actually is my fault, because you know I was kind of expecting R2 to be somewhat similar to season 1, where A LOT more happened in the first 9 episodes.

I think I was wrong though. I guess R2 really is supposed to be its own mindless fanservice until the end, and even then it probably still will be.

I suppose looking for plot or depth in a mecha anime actually is a little too much to ask, as you put it, but I was able to find it in season 1. I realize R2 will probably start going somewhere after they've... uh... "set up" the actual plot after another 10 episodes or something, and I still have faith. I just think that it could be done in a better fashion, instead of making it look like they're just milking it.

Then again, it could be the fact that season 1 was introducing everything and the whole rebellion, and now season 2 is merely continuing it. I could simply be oblivious to the fact that Lelouch has now established everything and is starting to do more, but for some reason it just doesn't feel right. It doesn't feel like R2 is going anywhere yet.
Jun 9, 2008 10:44 PM

Oct 2007
Ah, Orenji-kun, you have been missed<3 So glad to see you back~ Idk about anyone else, but I was waiting for his return, that crazy guy XD

This episode was kind of...silly XD
It mostly had a different mood about it, which I don't really consider a bad thing; it's just, well, different. Anyway, I was satisfied with the episode. I feel like I have a better grasp on Schneizel's personality (before he just seemed really nice and a bit spacey) and his aide Kanon is gorgeous♥ (I also forgot how tall, deep-voiced, and pretty Schneizel was! =O)

Wow, Nina. Still obsessed, huh? I like the part of her that's changed though (even though I think she was unnecessarily rude to Millay).

Lots of Xingke, who is beautiful as ever<3
And I think Tianzi is adorable! What a cute little girl! Hard to believe she was arranged to be married to Odysseus XD

Ezen said:
It doesn't feel like R2 is going anywhere yet.

I gotta agree with you there. This season's pace is rather different. I mean, things have happened, changed, new characters added, but I'm waiting for a huge bombshell or something x]

Jun 9, 2008 11:02 PM

Mar 2008
safe to say, R2 is stretching more strings of suspension of disbelief...>_>
Jun 10, 2008 1:22 AM
Feb 2008
How unfortunate this is. Even though, Code Geass finally tries to take on the world picture it loses face in a lot of things. So, let's summarize what happened (SPOILER ALERT):
-The "one million zeros" move to a special region of the Chinese Federation
-Support coming from different places, indirect requests to be freed from the Federation (India, for example)
-C.C's role continues to be diminished
-Marriage is announced between figurehead of China and Britania's generals (I think, I'm not too sure of his true position)
-Schinezel seems to have taken a liking of Nina and a rather annoying tone of voice
-Psychology in chess, one of the better things in the episode
-Nina's egotistic attitude surfaces crazier than ever, which she blames on Euphy
-Pinky swear comes to the rescue, Xing Ke and Tian Zi reunited through a coup d'etat
-Zero loses another potential ally by taking the figurehead hostage
-Orange returns...why do people like him anyway?
(SPOILERS SHOULD END HERE, IF THEY COME UP LATER I APOLOGIZE)
It was an interesting episode, but I thought a good deal of things could have been improved on. Firstly, on the matter of fan service...please stop it. I'm tired of the story wasting seconds on it. Secondly, a more detailed explanation should have been given on the role of the Eunuch Generals or the plight of the Chinese people should have been evident to back the need for coup d'etat. Additionally, the coup d'etat should have had more emphasis rather than being scrunched up in the last couple minutes of the episode. Finally, Zero is making some rather silly decisions. I would think that Zero would team up with Xing Ke in order to maximize his front against Britania unless he plans on using guerrilla tactics on a world scale, which would be difficult to coordinate...even Diethard couldn't manage something like that.
Overall, losing front, but leaving us wanting MOAR. Code Geass R2 still has a chance in uniting us under the flag of the Black Knights. If we had more realistic strategy involved or more character development like Episode 7 (I think, but of course not in the same way). It could still be a strong series or even revolutionize the face of the anime world. It has been done before.
Jun 10, 2008 1:46 AM

Dec 2007
Was a overly-decent episode, but their decision to bring back Orange upsets me.
Jun 10, 2008 1:59 AM

Feb 2008
Mitsukai- said:
Was a overly-decent episode, but their decision to bring back Orange upsets me.

Agreed, it will just feels alot less "epic" when a character of this series dies, because hell, they'll just bring him back a couple episodes later.

I won't be surprised if they bring back Euphemia =/
Jun 10, 2008 2:45 AM

Mar 2008
lukey001 said:

No, please no...

wait, they did that already in the Nintendo DS game, and she pilots a KMF too...o_O
Jun 10, 2008 7:11 AM

Oct 2007
really good episode!i couldnt belive lelouch would do somthing like that he totaly surprised me with that! anyway somone know if we could find ep 10 somwher?
Jun 10, 2008 9:00 AM
Jul 2018
Code Geass R2 is currently airing in Japan (on sundays). If you're watching raws, you can probably get it hours after it airs. If you're watching fansubs, the fastest you'll get it is probably from [gg].

Episode 9 just aired this week. Episode 10 hasn't aired yet and won't air until sunday of next week (6/15).
Jun 10, 2008 9:33 AM

Feb 2008
Guy don't blame Lelouch for pointing a gun at Tian Zi already... he had no choice but to do that otherwise Suzaku will spinkick him again.
DestinyFateJun 10, 2008 9:45 AM

Jun 10, 2008 10:24 AM

Mar 2008
DestinyFate said:
Guy don't blame Lelouch for pointing a gun at Tian Zi already... he had no choice but to do that otherwise Suzaku will spinkick him again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdDpP7NM-M8

Good ol' Spinzaku eh?
Jun 10, 2008 12:26 PM

May 2008
and here's the evil lelouch again muahahahahahaha XD
The only thing I dont get is why nina is so freaked out!! she met euphie only 2 times. alright, she saved her life but there is no need to get crazy -.-
Jun 10, 2008 3:02 PM

Dec 2007
Epic chess match gave me lulz
Click Meh >_> Loading...
Jun 10, 2008 4:04 PM
christmas cake

May 2008
lukey001 said:

Cyborg Euphemia! 8D Now she really is the Terminator.

Brian333 said:
Code Geass R2 is currently airing in Japan (on sundays). If you're watching raws, you can probably get it hours after it airs. If you're watching fansubs, the fastest you'll get it is probably from [gg].

Chihiro seems to be beating them most of the time since they started subbing CGR2 (back at epsiode 3).

I'm watching Eclipse myself (my PC can't handle HD h264).
Jun 10, 2008 8:56 PM

Dec 2007
nx6 said:
lukey001 said:

Cyborg Euphemia! 8D Now she really is the Terminator.

that would be so freaky O_O
Click Meh >_> Loading...
Jun 11, 2008 12:48 AM

Nov 2007
OMG i almost had a heart attack when NINA came out cuz of the delayed airing of ep. 9 i kinda forgot taht lulu's lil sister is NUNALLY and not NINA. HAHAHA so i was like WTF SHE CAN SEE AND WALK?!??!?, do u think they can bring back her vision and fix her legs? cuz they can bring back oj-kun like 2 times already..
Jun 11, 2008 3:13 AM

May 2008
LAH-Foton said:
DestinyFate said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdDpP7NM-M8

Good ol' Spinzaku eh?

roflmao.

Anyways this was a good episode. I actually liked how they portrayed the relationship between Lelouch and Suzakuu in this episode. I mean, Lelouch could have been taken out, Suzakuu could have let that green haired gal Nina take him out but he didn't....I don't know why, I just think that they are actually making Suzakuu more..."human" (he can control himself).

Btw, who else here HATES that green haired girl? I think her name is Nina...i don't know I don't really care. I thought she was okay at first, but ever since they showed her breakdown in the first season...with that HIDEOUSLY drawn face...ugh I just barf every time I think of it. I was actually liking her a little in this episode, all "wow...shes kind of pretty" then she went "OMG HIDEOUS FACE BLARG!!" and i was like "Noooooo there goes my waffles!!"

Damn betch...I liked them waffles T_T.
Nikato's PokePet

ChickMagnet the level 50 Pikachu!
Jun 11, 2008 6:41 AM
Jul 2018
Well Suzaku doesn't know it's Lelouch and Lelouch doesn't want Suzaku to know Zero is him. I don't think much of the relationship you implied is actually there. And Kallen was the one who ultimately stopped Nina. Suzaku let go of her the second she mentioned Euphemia.
Jun 11, 2008 7:03 AM
Nov 2007
Quite a disgusting piece of 'pizza' CC was eating. Not a good way to adverstise Pizza Hut.

ArntorJun 11, 2008 7:09 AM
Jun 11, 2008 7:31 AM
Nov 2007
It's probably meant to be one of these: http://www.pizzahut.jp/menu/detail/index.php?article_id=106
Jun 11, 2008 7:45 AM
Nov 2007
Strange folks. Just because it's round an you bake it in a oven, the outcome ain't nessecarily a pizza.
Jun 11, 2008 8:23 AM

Aug 2007
Best part of the whole episode was most definitely the much anticipated return of Orange-kun. :D

Other then that, the whole episode was alright.

And @ nikato, yes, Nina is a crazy psychotic biznitch.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jun 11, 2008 9:14 AM

Jun 2007
I like the way they try and make chess exciting...like 'Xtreme Chess!'. Anyway, Lu has developed quite the evil laugh, if I do say so myself (I'm an evil laugh aficionado). And now Jeremiah is back...I hate that guy, why can't he just stay dead...he better not have a geass!
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Jun 11, 2008 9:40 AM

Mar 2008
Arntor said:
Quite a disgusting piece of 'pizza' CC was eating. Not a good way to adverstise Pizza Hut.

That's called molten cheese :d

EDIT: and let's face it, Japan has their own way of making pizzas...since they're Japanese, XD
Jun 11, 2008 11:12 AM
Jun 2008
Arntor said:

Ah! I forgot, I got so focused on the fail chess match that I didn't remember to post the greatest moment in the episode.
Karen falls on Lelouch, romance ensues (Yay :D), C.C. interrupts, then the pizza droops (goes limp), imply much?
I lol'd. hard.
Also, Spinzaku is great in HQ.
Jun 11, 2008 11:51 AM

Mar 2008
holy_moses said:

Ah! I forgot, I got so focused on the fail chess match that I didn't remember to post the greatest moment in the episode.
Karen falls on Lelouch, romance ensues (Yay :D), C.C. interrupts, then the pizza droops (goes limp), imply much?
I lol'd. hard.
Also, Spinzaku is great in HQ.

haha.

With Lulu taking the princess hostage, his harem is nearing comletion. =]
Jun 11, 2008 4:48 PM

Dec 2007
Ah, politics. This episode was pretty damn good too. I thought there might be some development between Kallen and Lelouch but now it seems there really is, let me reiterate, Lucky him. It was also cool to see Xingke's origins to becoming a guard since he's a character I really enjoy. For those who may still be arguing the whole chess thing, the reason why Zero "lost" in a way is that Schneizel handed him the victory and if he were to accept it then it would show that he would accept a victory that he didn't have to fight for making him appear weak. The part where Nina flipped out was actually rather sad, I don't like her at all but still I could feel for her. Zero taking the empress hostage seemed to extreme in my mind, I didn't like that. Now for the next episode, Orange-kun strikes back, this should be good.

#NBHNC
Jun 11, 2008 7:24 PM
Sep 2007
I got a strange theory that Suzaku is gonna go against the table and get die. maybe he will survive but i do think hes gonna go against them eventually. just a weird theory of mine.
Jun 11, 2008 8:05 PM

Feb 2008
Okay, just plain 4/5. Not the best episode in the entire R2 series; but it's already good.

I love the plot on how it's going. I don't find it just so random. ^^

If you love the series, why focus on the horrible aspects? I just watch it wholeheartedly and enjoy it even more than you guys. :p

I'm still a C.C. x Lulu fan. Although I want C.C. for myself; it's Lulu or me. No other!
Jun 11, 2008 10:22 PM

Sep 2007
Best Geass episode ever. Seriously, the only thing that would have made it better is if Nina had died. Or maybe if they had hired someone who actually plays chess to do the chess game, lol.
Jun 12, 2008 2:21 AM
christmas cake

May 2008
naikou said:
Best Geass episode ever. Seriously, the only thing that would have made it better is if Nina had died. Or maybe if they had hired someone who actually plays chess to do the chess game, lol.

I wanted the game to actually end and for one of them to win. I want to know if Schneizel would have actually handed Suzaku over.
Jun 12, 2008 2:24 AM

May 2008
nx6 said:

I wanted the game to actually end and for one of them to win. I want to know if Schneizel would have actually handed Suzaku over.

same here
Jun 12, 2008 4:43 AM

Jan 2008
Faust721 said:
"lolwut" was pretty much my reaction to this episode.
and I want to add, Nina....gtfo.
Jun 12, 2008 11:12 AM

Sep 2007
Agree, I really wish Nina (and the other guy who showed up at the end) to just go the hell away.

Did you know there's a Phantasy Star Club?
Jun 13, 2008 12:34 PM

Dec 2007
You mean Orange-kun? <.< Jeremiah xD >.> He alwaays comes up
MY most annoyed part was the chess move where he moved his king into check o_O!. You can't do that!?!?!? its against the rules of chess.
Click Meh >_> Loading...
Jun 13, 2008 2:04 PM

Mar 2008
Well... finally i saw the ep... yay...

Lulu x Kallen <3 soo cute!
Tabasco? OMG! that was sooo funny xD
Nina ---> must die...
Orange-kun the most random character on CD...
I like the development of Xingke Li
but my fave part... was when susaku try to "save" zero from nina... i was like Ö!!

empress Tianzi = Kawaiii
AbsintaxJun 13, 2008 2:14 PM
Jun 13, 2008 2:06 PM

Mar 2008
babykeiji said:

If you love the series, why focus on the horrible aspects? I just watch it wholeheartedly and enjoy it even more than you guys. :p

I'm agree with u! just sit and enjoy ur Code geass babe! xD
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.