Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 5, 2011 1:28 AM

Sep 2008
Goddamn this was just soo good. It was exactly what I wanted. They just took the novel, put it on screen. Animation back in action. Awesome new Op that was well worth the wait. Couldn't be happier.

The slice of life in this arc really is just a notch above what we've had thus far. Mikoto is awesome. Reminds me why we love her. Great facial expressions. Great mannerisms. Just fantastic all around.

Imouto is also great. There were a couple moments that reminded me of previous displays of personality (kept thinking of her face when she named the cat "Dog"). I hope we get to see more of Misaka 19090. She seems fun. It's gonna be cool watching the imouto's develop their own personalities.

I love the winter uniforms to a degree that is almost flamboyant. Just so good. So pretty. Dat Jacket Hnnnng. The skirt is awesome and the bowtie just completes the outfit in a way I can't even understand. Never would have thought to put a bowtie on a female uniform but it just works so well. Sleeves just look so good on Mikoto too. She shouldn't ever be without sleeves.

Accellerator displayed the mark of a truly badass character today. Even when he's not kicking ass, he's still the coolest guy on the block. Guy never loses his composure. His behavior in the bath scene was just golden. Completely unfazed. Keeping the moment to re-establish the collar's connection to his language skills was a nice touch.

The joke with Fukiyose seemed poorly executed, but it wasn't done too well in the LN's either. You can only work with what you got.

Anyway, good stuff. I have high hopes for this arc.

Yumekichi11 said:
Tsuki-Hime said:
whats with the cliffhanger. machine gun? don't tell me she's going to shoot last order. those glasses are some kind of controlling device to stop them going berserk? i can't wait for next episode.
Can't last order control all of them somehow or they are independent of Last Order? I don't think anything is going to happen to Last Order or Accelerator would not have any powers or at least would have a hard time with them.

last order can give commands that basically overide the imouto's own thoughts. It's what she did when she asked her to bend over. So yes, she can control them when she wants to.

The goggles allow them to see electricity and magnetism and such. They're not as powerful as Mikoto, so they can't just sense the stuff on their own like her, which is why they need it in order to see what they're controlling. At least that's what Imouto said in season one. It's kind of contradicted by the fact that I don't think we've ever seen any of them actually wear the goggles over their eyes as they work...
GanglerFeb 5, 2011 2:08 AM
Feb 5, 2011 2:32 AM

Sep 2010
Nice OP and Kuroko kick! "YES!" LOL
Feb 5, 2011 2:41 AM

Apr 2010
chococya96 said:
wtf?? I mean lol...

All Last-order did was stealing her goggle and Miska is all like: " Misaka #10032 - Terminator Mode: ON. It's time for revolution bitch" lol

I literally LOL'd at that. Was so random. It would be awesome if that one Misaka went on a rampage though after her goggles were removed

Feb 5, 2011 2:51 AM

Nov 2010
THIS....was amazing, I don't think I stopped laughing more than 30 seconds this entier episode, and WOAH! what a jump in total overall quality, animation, storytelling etc. I kinda feel like J.C. Staff was skimping on the earlier episodes just to save money for this arc...so far it's totally worth it, this is one of the funniest episodes i've seen in the entire series! Plus with so many characters in one episode you can't help but feel like something big is gonna be going down soon.

And yea...what was with the terminator mode thing o.O...First I laughed...then I was like "wait what?!"
Feb 5, 2011 2:58 AM

Feb 2010
this ep reminds me why i actually watch/like this show in the first place.
Feb 5, 2011 3:05 AM

Jul 2009
This episode was better than the last 5 episodes altogether xO
Science >>> Magic

It's cooler and i understand more of it lol

Misaka Misaka's Comment's are epic and i feel a little bit bad for Kuroko loxD
I think we won't get to see a lot Index anymore.

Feb 5, 2011 3:40 AM

Aug 2009
OP was okay. I'll get used to it. The episode was fine. Not a fan of Misaka so you won't see me give this a 5.
Feb 5, 2011 3:42 AM
Jan 2011
Episode was likeable, despite nothing much happening. Kuroko annoyed me a lot while watching Railgun but I find her very tolerable in Index.
Feb 5, 2011 3:48 AM

May 2009
That was fun with lots of funny moments. As bad as I felt for Komoe when Accelerator made mean comment, I couldn't stop laughing.
Feb 5, 2011 3:57 AM

Jul 2009
Weak start with new garbage OP but the episode itself was probably the best of the entire season.
So many random funny scenes and Touma didn't have a single speech nor did he punch anyone^^

And so much Kuroko =D
Loved her surprise dropkick on Touma xD
Feb 5, 2011 4:24 AM
Jan 2010
I'm not sure I'm a big fanof the new opening song. The video is good though.
Feb 5, 2011 4:29 AM

Dec 2007
Gangler said:
Goddamn this was just soo good. It was exactly what I wanted. They just took the novel, put it on screen. Animation back in action. Awesome new Op that was well worth the wait. Couldn't be happier.

The slice of life in this arc really is just a notch above what we've had thus far. Mikoto is awesome. Reminds me why we love her. Great facial expressions. Great mannerisms. Just fantastic all around.

Imouto is also great. There were a couple moments that reminded me of previous displays of personality (kept thinking of her face when she named the cat "Dog"). I hope we get to see more of Misaka 19090. She seems fun. It's gonna be cool watching the imouto's develop their own personalities.

I love the winter uniforms to a degree that is almost flamboyant. Just so good. So pretty. Dat Jacket Hnnnng. The skirt is awesome and the bowtie just completes the outfit in a way I can't even understand. Never would have thought to put a bowtie on a female uniform but it just works so well. Sleeves just look so good on Mikoto too. She shouldn't ever be without sleeves.

Accellerator displayed the mark of a truly badass character today. Even when he's not kicking ass, he's still the coolest guy on the block. Guy never loses his composure. His behavior in the bath scene was just golden. Completely unfazed. Keeping the moment to re-establish the collar's connection to his language skills was a nice touch.

The joke with Fukiyose seemed poorly executed, but it wasn't done too well in the LN's either. You can only work with what you got.

Anyway, good stuff. I have high hopes for this arc.

last order can give commands that basically overide the imouto's own thoughts. It's what she did when she asked her to bend over. So yes, she can control them when she wants to.

The goggles allow them to see electricity and magnetism and such. They're not as powerful as Mikoto, so they can't just sense the stuff on their own like her, which is why they need it in order to see what they're controlling. At least that's what Imouto said in season one. It's kind of contradicted by the fact that I don't think we've ever seen any of them actually wear the goggles over their eyes as they work...

you are right about that googles.....they are wearing them to see magnetic and electric fields.....but i remember when they were wearing them...it was when they fought accelerator.....also i think Last Order is stronger than other imoutos....cause she has not received the accelerated growth treatment so she is evolving naturally...but still wont be as strong as Misaka who is constantly evolving her personal reality...also if Last Order decided she could make all imoutos go on killing spree....and if one misaka experience something others just need to listen and will know about it too :D...one would think that they would evolve more faster and start acting more human-like not misaka-imouto-like :D:D
desolatoFeb 7, 2011 9:36 AM
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Feb 5, 2011 4:32 AM

Jan 2011
Finally it's getting interesting. Great starter dish. =/
Can't wait for the next episode.
Feb 5, 2011 4:38 AM

Oct 2009
OP I love you.
Misaka Mikoto I love you.
Imouto aka 1032 I love you.
Last Order I love you.

Yay for Touma X 1032 date~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2011 4:56 AM

Jan 2009
Well, the OP is great, but I'd say the previous one was still better. Oh well, Kawada Mami <3
Tl;dr on the episode: fukou da.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 5, 2011 5:37 AM

May 2010
Feels like a different series indeed (^^)
great episode
Feb 5, 2011 6:12 AM

Aug 2010
Great new OP!! And Im loving the new school uniforms :D

Can never get enough Misaka. Go JC Staff!
Feb 5, 2011 7:35 AM

Oct 2009
Is the part where Accelerator commented about the loli teacher's cellular aging serious or just for jokes? At first, it seems true with Accelerator's tones at all but as they jokingly played that off, I'm doubtful. But if it's really true then I think it's pretty cool. It's like the teacher's character is not just a loli being used as fanservice joke but there's actually a scientific reason behind her never-aging body.

Well, this episode is pretty good as being mentioned by a lot already. The starting with Mikoto dreaming of the penalty game in her sleep, till to the end of the episode. Mikoto's expressions are damn priceless! Mikoto made me realized why I like this show in the first place since the magic episodes are really starting to bore the hell out of me. Really, even after 24 episodes of Railgun, it's still not enough....

Feb 5, 2011 7:46 AM

Jun 2010
Pretty funny episode
I hope the next one continues on like this!!

Feb 5, 2011 7:58 AM

Jan 2008
It wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be. Likely my expectations were too high and different. I never read the light novel, but there were a few things I'd wished hadn't happened, or were different.

You can tell how much more of an adult Accelerator is compared to Touma when it comes to walking in on naked women. Touma gets all flustered, and damn near nose bleeds, but Accelerator just gets frustrated at the obvious and sighs then walks away.

Next episode looks to be filled with a whole bunch of people.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Feb 5, 2011 8:09 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode, I'd rather not parrot everyone else's comments.

Though I will say: Why must you tease us with a certain GROUP, JC, when we're not gonna get that far for quite a while?
Feb 5, 2011 8:47 AM

Nov 2008
Oh damn its in the next episode that I have been waiting for xDD (date with Misaka Imouto + Last Order and Accelerator meets Index xDD)

Nevertheless, I am uberly surprised with the graphics... Freakin epic xDD and I am happy to see a lot of returning characters even though they are not mainly focused xDD And I like the new OP

PS: I find it more entertaining with this slice of life setting than going on to a serious business xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 5, 2011 9:17 AM

May 2009
Vento said:
Is the part where Accelerator commented about the loli teacher's cellular aging serious or just for jokes? At first, it seems true with Accelerator's tones at all but as they jokingly played that off, I'm doubtful. But if it's really true then I think it's pretty cool. It's like the teacher's character is not just a loli being used as fanservice joke but there's actually a scientific reason behind her never-aging body.

Ever heard of Dwarfism? I have a cousin which has the same gene trait, he's male, 4'6 inches and everybody who see him treat him as a child because he never changed since we were young, except for his voice, it's a little deep but still child-like, so you can say and it's a fact that, that part is a joke, though maybe Komoe is much smaller on their point of view for dwarfism to be shocked like that :D

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Feb 5, 2011 10:26 AM
Jan 2011
kevin_video said:
Well its not that he is more of an adult, he just doesn't care.
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Feb 5, 2011 10:29 AM

Jul 2010
Vento said:

Accelerator was serious because he never saw a small creature like that before, but it was not true. i think Komoe-sensei was there just for this serious funny situation.
Feb 5, 2011 10:34 AM

Sep 2008
Hey guys... something seems to be missing... must be my imagination.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2011 11:06 AM

Feb 2009
Previous OP was better. But the content is interesting.

Episode was funny but I agree with what kevin_video said. I was expecting some additional things to happen or things to happen differently since it's the beginning of the new arc and with a new enemy shown last episode. Oh well.
Just hope that the recurring characters shown at the new OP and the preview would advance the plot more.
Feb 5, 2011 11:32 AM

Jul 2010
kevin_video said:
You can tell how much more of an adult Accelerator is compared to Touma when it comes to walking in on naked women. Touma gets all flustered, and damn near nose bleeds, but Accelerator just gets frustrated at the obvious and sighs then walks away.-

Accelerator had completely different personality. Touma got pervert vibes from his father. you saw, he was the one shouting when they attacked fukuyose. You won't expect something like that from Accelerator. so i think comparison is not right here. (even Jiraiya was a super pervert. lol)
Feb 5, 2011 11:41 AM

Oct 2010
Aezile said:
Ever heard of Dwarfism? I have a cousin which has the same gene trait, he's male, 4'6 inches and everybody who see him treat him as a child because he never changed since we were young, except for his voice, it's a little deep but still child-like, so you can say and it's a fact that, that part is a joke, though maybe Komoe is much smaller on their point of view for dwarfism to be shocked like that :D
You forgot to mention Turner Syndrome. That disease that makes girls look like 12 year olds while they are 20. I do agree with your statement about midgets.
desolatoFeb 7, 2011 9:35 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 5, 2011 12:18 PM

May 2009
HawthorneKitty said:

Saten, right? Sadly to say but she's an additional chara and only bound to be in Railgun side stories :D
AezileFeb 5, 2011 12:22 PM

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Feb 5, 2011 12:19 PM

Oct 2009
I prefer the other opening.

Poor Touma... If I was Touma, I'd kill her :P
Feb 5, 2011 12:21 PM

Apr 2010
Feb 5, 2011 12:51 PM

Mar 2008
OMG! Just WTF with that episode? I thought i was in another dimension... Lot of great and funny scenes, but that was more like a slice-of-life than your weekly Touma's badass attitude^^

And well, the new opening has nice scenes too, but the music is a bit too slow compared to the others... (But yay, Hyouka is back^^)
Feb 5, 2011 1:36 PM

Apr 2010
Aezile said:
I heard that even tho people with Dwarfism stay small there body does age.
And there body might look child size there faces are those of an adult there hair turns grey as well when they reach old age just like normal people.
There are different forms of Dwarfism tho and i am not to knowledgeable about the subject.

About this episode.
This was definitely a needed change was getting tired with the talk about religion non stop.
This episode had all the needed elements for a change Misaka's Tsundere moments Kuroko's jealousy Touma getting kicked around.
Fukiyose beating up Touma and his friends fried Kuroko Accelerator being gloomy and little Misaka being to lively.

The picture scene was great Misaka being to shy and Touma being uncaring made for a nice picture and the last picture being disrupted by Kuroko was even better.
Kuroko's lack of sleep because of Misaka's sleep talk was nice to watch she was truly in agony.
Uihara learning how to play a violin from Misaka looked so romantic and peaceful it really was a dream till Kuroko came.

Accelerator walking in on his female roommates was a funny scene which made for some good entertainment.
And it's refreshing that it wasn't Tuoma who did it this time, it was also a change that Accelerator and the two adult girls didn't seem to care much.
Instead of the usual embarrassing scenes we see in Anime.
The last part of the scene with little Misaka being hit was such good laugh.

The cliffhanger seems to suggest something nice for next week.
Feb 5, 2011 1:52 PM

Dec 2009
Cool episode ^^ Finally we are back to the science side and some slice of life moments <3 Really enjoyed the accelerator moments in this episode

4/5
yuno6.jpg
Feb 5, 2011 1:54 PM

Nov 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
Where is Saten-san?! D:
Feb 5, 2011 2:18 PM

Oct 2009
Wow new OP

Awesome episode, Misaka rocks! =D
Feb 5, 2011 3:19 PM

Oct 2010
Aezile said:
HawthorneKitty said:
Saten, right? Sadly to say but she's an additional chara and only bound to be in Railgun side stories :D
She is not needed, we have Accelerator! Just him is amazing. I don't see Saten being anything but added spice to comedy or tragedy/drama but that was rather well fleshed out in Railgun. Now give her a ability and the she can join on this series. HawthorneKitty is right though, they could include her and Touma for a gag, her meeting Index and other situations but I think there are far more important developments at hand.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 5, 2011 3:47 PM
Nov 2008
Lihn said:
HawthorneKitty said:
Where is Saten-san?! D:
Death maybe. I'm really wondering why we haven't seen her since railgun ended. She isn't even in openings anymore.
desolatoFeb 7, 2011 9:36 AM
Feb 5, 2011 4:45 PM

Apr 2010
Hercule said:
Death maybe. I'm really wondering why we haven't seen her since railgun ended. She isn't even in openings anymore.
How sad would that be. Maybe she had some after effects from using that amplifier thing that killed her :(
desolatoFeb 7, 2011 9:37 AM

Feb 5, 2011 5:03 PM
Jan 2011
Hercule said:
She's not an original character of index. Kuroko and Uiharu are though.
desolatoFeb 7, 2011 9:37 AM
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Feb 5, 2011 5:54 PM

Nov 2010
Love the end OP and hell this episode was probably or is the most funny out of all the other ones I've watched, those misaka clones sure know how to get to each other and Touma and Misaka's "date" was a win. Too bad Kuroko has to be there to stop them and ruin it but really looking forward to the next episode!!!
Feb 5, 2011 6:53 PM

Dec 2009
Damn it, IndexFanboy214, I was thinking of making that scene into a gif for my avatar, but you beat me to it ;_;
FireballStarfishFeb 5, 2011 8:25 PM
Feb 5, 2011 6:55 PM

Nov 2009
After the previous arcs, it leaves me desiring something more... but it was a good episode. I am just not completely satisfied.

Hopefully it will keep up and i can become a fan again soon.
Feb 5, 2011 8:02 PM
Apr 2010
This episode was great. Refreshing to see an episode of season 2 that wasn't shit
Feb 5, 2011 8:22 PM

Aug 2009
Awesome OP. Fuck yeah, Accelerator.
Feb 5, 2011 9:07 PM

Jan 2011
really good adaptation from LN. 5/5

new OP song is..ordinary. But the animation makes it's amazing.

okay, since "they" are in OP, I will destroy J.C staff if "they" are not show up :p
Feb 5, 2011 9:38 PM

Nov 2007
didn't like the new OP and the last one was so good.

less action but still somehow better than recent eps. love that index wasn't around much, she's quite annoying. Accelerator is the man but almost as misfortunate as Touma, at least the girls don't beat him up. stupid Kuroko ruining Touma and Misaka's picture.
Feb 6, 2011 12:02 AM

May 2010
Love the new op and i bet this arc is going to be great !!

edit: removed sig out of post. it's already in your forum signature, no need to plaster it all over the place.
desolatoFeb 7, 2011 9:38 AM
Feb 6, 2011 12:41 AM

Jan 2009
Love the new Op too, the music is interesting. This ep was awesome and can't wait for more awesome to come. I'm all for Accelerator's battles!
great ep ending
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2010

251 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 29, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

236 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.