Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 9, 2011 4:58 PM

Dec 2010
This whole episode was a major win, awesome Touma and Misaka scenes, Awesome new OP also.
Jan 19, 2012 12:59 AM

Feb 2010
Awwwww yeaah!!! Biribiri <3

Awesome episode, there's never enough Misaka!
Feb 10, 2012 6:30 PM

Jan 2012
yeay Touma and Misaka is going together hehe i hope there's more of their lovely scene LOL
Feb 14, 2012 7:55 PM

Jul 2010
i thought the OP was really lame, but visually wise, it was actually really good, so i ended up replaying it, but that song started growing on me...

dat misaka imouto scene, i didnt think they were even capable of doing stuff like that. i just love hearing all of them talk, especially last order. i hope they hang out more often with touma.
Gangler said:
IndexFanboy214 said:
Papajan said:
Good ep, I like the Academy City characters. <3 Accel and Kuroko. I like the old OP better. And Touma's new outfits remind me a lot of Kurosaki Ichigo.

Any idea what Accel was doing when he woke up? Adjusting the range of the device or changing frequencies or something?

He amplified the sounds (dont know the term for it vector wise) to seee if anyone was home which he picked up nothing. Thats why he was surprised to see them in the shower when he went to go take one himself
I think he's refering to when Accelerator briefly turned off the collar and lost his ability to understand what the television was saying. The LN went into detail about how he had to flop around a bit trying to hit that switch back into the on position, since he didn't have all that motor control. It really was a superfluous detail though. The scene isn't lessened by its' removal.

A novel quote isn't really needed, but I'm gonna do it anyway just because why not? It's a cool scene.

read all of it, it was a nice read, reminded me of som of the previous info. damn that really is hard on him, hope touma and dr frog can do somthing about that

well imma go watch that awesome episode again.

May 2, 2012 3:45 PM
Dec 2010
"The time for a revolution has come " declared Misaka-10032. ? XD
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
May 11, 2012 2:58 PM

Jan 2012
I loved this episode it was funny and had some action :)

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Jun 7, 2012 12:17 AM

Jul 2011
Why isn't this show just a slice of life series that follows this episodes formula? It's much better this way.
Sep 2, 2012 11:42 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Great episode! Really liked Last Order this ep :)
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 4, 2013 12:42 PM

Jun 2009
I don't think it's a coincidence that the best episode in a while was one that had a lot of Accelerator and Misaka. I've got to wonder how the magic side can be so dull when the science side has a lot of fun and entertaining characters.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 21, 2013 12:44 AM

Apr 2012
That was a fun episode. It's good to see more of Accelerator, Last Order, and the other Misaka clones. Also, Touma is a much more tolerable character when he stops being so preachy.

As a side note, I enjoyed the scene where Accelerator pulls the same stunt as Touma and walks in on women taking a bath... but with a completely different outcome. But, yeah, apparently not locking the bathroom door is an epidemic in Academy City.
Feb 2, 2013 12:45 PM

May 2012
New OP :D and quite a nice start of a new arc! Quite hilarious start, I cracked when they both started waving their books xD

The whole couple scene was quite cute as well, hope to see more of it! Lets see what's next!
Mar 24, 2013 8:50 AM

Sep 2012
Ohh new opening huh...
Accelerator! :D Poor Komoe.. XD
Hahah.. Kuroko and Touma. XD
Aw, what will you do Misaka 10032!? O__O
May 3, 2013 8:10 AM

Jun 2012
Beautiful :')
Sep 24, 2013 7:14 PM

Oct 2011
looks like 10032 isn't all that fun :|
Sep 25, 2013 11:02 AM

Jun 2011
That Kuroko kick had the best timing
Feb 9, 2014 7:45 AM

Dec 2010
Yeah, a really random episode, though it had it's funny moments. It felt great every time Touma putted down Misaka, she totally deserved it, and was totally annoying to me this time.

Also, the new OP is totally unimpressive. It's like the most boring OP in the history of OPs.
Mar 9, 2014 1:46 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Komoe-sensei arguing with MISAKA Last Order was hilarious lol. Accelerator walks into the bathroom and sees all three of them naked, but he keeps his cool and closes the door. Now that is what Touma should have done, not get all flustered each time he opens doors that aren't locked. Oh and Himegami poking Touma was priceless.

Preview: About time Hyouka makes an appearance, and it should be an interesting episode. I wonder if Accelerator with meet Touma again based on where he is seen.

Apr 22, 2014 7:02 PM

Jul 2013
Woah... everyone got an outfit change. I'm liking it. Feels refreshing. This episode is probably the one I've enjoyed most throughout the whole entire index 2 series so far. Way to handle walking in on a bunch of naked girls like a boss Accelerator. Touma needs to learn from him.
Aug 25, 2014 10:04 AM

Dec 2013
Like the new OP.
Pretty funny ep, the ebst since a long time.
Trisection said:
It feels like I'm watching an entirely different show. Let's hope that this arc makes up for the previous episodes.
Sep 1, 2014 9:37 AM

May 2014
This episode was enjoyable. I enjoyed this more than I thought! One of the better episodes in this series. I hope next episode has more comedy!
Sep 3, 2014 2:17 PM

Jul 2014
this episode was great!!!! i loved it every bit of the way through. Mikoto X Touma FTW
accelerator was funny as shit, as well. those comments he made about the chibi sensei especially!! XD XD
Jan 2, 2015 9:03 AM

Aug 2013
Whut? That ending was freaking hilarious! xD
Viva la revolution! (even though I don't know what revolution she's talking about)

I never thought much about it but... Is Uiharu lesbian? She seemed pretty excited when Misaka was teaching her to play violin x)

Anyway, Kuroko kicking Touma from behind was hilarious. But don't ruin their date, goddamnit! They were about to take that adorably awkward photo!

The new OP is pretty cool, but the first one was so good so I'll need to get habituated.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 26, 2015 7:15 PM
Dec 2013
LOL @ Accelerator's reaction to Komoe Sensei! And Lol @ that last line by Misaka 10032 in reaction to Misaka Misaka (Last Order) taking her goggles or w/e
Sep 4, 2015 1:44 AM

Jul 2014
OH YES ACCELERATOR.
Dec 15, 2015 2:39 PM
Feb 2015
The new OP is utter shit

It seems that Misaka is mad at the end of the episode
Jan 15, 2016 9:41 PM

Sep 2013
A break from all the action is nice, this show moves wayyyyyyy too quickly.
I really enjoy the premise of characters the MC defeats/antagonists joining/teaming up or at least changing their ways after their respective arc, it's nice to see their team power grow :)
Jan 23, 2016 5:54 AM

Mar 2014
Love to be that pillow ~ !! NEW OP IS GREAT OP !!
Such refreshing introduction ~ .. I'm so excited <3 !!
MISAKA , MISAKA - desu ~ !! says with a robotic accent ~ .
Onee-sama has a new 'butler' ~ !! and he is competent enough !!
Accelerator having much easier relocation ~ !! Easy life , Good recovery ~ .
Glad that Touma is not that busy in this episode . If you know what I mean ~ .
VERY GREAT EPISODE !!! The Misaka/s made my day ~ !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2016 2:37 AM

Mar 2015
The most epic episode for this season, no, maybe as a whole including Toaru Kagaku. This is the best episode for Toaru franchise!!!!

The new OP animation is full of hype. The episode from start to end. Loved the 90% of this episode.

Misaka and Touma interaction is full of cute moments. Accelo, Last order, Imouto. So many memorable moments. It is quite nice to know that the uniform changes depending on the season. This episode showed the new side of Toaru Majutsu world. So much of the new possibility from now on!
Mar 28, 2016 11:24 PM

Mar 2015
Best episode yet. Literally a date episode. Penalty games are the best.

Kuroko had to cockblock Touma eh? That sly fox.

Misaka 10032 is back in action? Rip Last Order lol.

Jul 30, 2016 8:52 PM

Aug 2015
Kuroko was the center of the comedy in this episode. LOL

Also Kihara Vs Accelerator will be great!
Jan 21, 2017 1:56 AM

Dec 2013
New op is meh. Definitely prefer the old one.

Plenty of great Misaka moments in this episode.

Accelerator's reaction to walking into the bathroom was great! Touma needs to take notes from that guy!
Jun 19, 2017 5:32 AM

Mar 2013
Great episode. Loved every moment of it XD

New Op is good. I like how Hoyouka was in it. Maybe we get to see her again.

First, I thought they jumped on Fukiyose coz she knows more about health products but later I realized she have big boobs is what might make her shoulder stiff XD

Misaka sisters interaction was funny XD But the way they addresses themselves gets annoying tho.

Accelerator making the same mistake as Touma but handling it in much better way lol

Last Order was really adorable <3
And wtf was that with Misaka at the end? *Terminator switch on* XD
Dec 13, 2017 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
This episode is too funny. I loved every single scene, it is Misaka's quote in the finale: "The hour of revolution has come". Both the opening and the new ending are very catchy.
Jan 9, 2018 10:54 AM

Apr 2013
This was definitely one of the best episodes this season, wasn't bored at all. Hope it stays this way for the rest of the show.
May 12, 2018 1:48 PM

Nov 2016
So they've found a way to stop cellular aging xD

Hilarious episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 16, 2018 6:20 AM

Dec 2012
Not bad not bad haha

Nov 23, 2018 8:24 AM

Dec 2014
new op.. new uniforms and jolly atmosphere...hmmm
Feb 14, 2019 5:00 PM

Dec 2014
LMFAO that escalated quickly with 10032 and Last Order

I love how they keep transitioning between the 3 main characters. I was hoping it was going to be like that when I first started watching this series.
Mar 16, 2019 5:08 PM

Aug 2017
I'm glad that Accelerator is released from the hospital.

So many Misaka moments.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 28, 2019 2:52 AM

Aug 2011
An actually good episode, its a Christmas miracle!

Really this anime would be a lot better if it was a romantic comedy. Just write out Index make the story more comedy like and it'd be great. Stop with le evil church crap and only do these kinds of episodes please. I'm begging you. Make my waifu shine.
May 9, 2019 12:28 PM
Jan 2019
17. The picture of Misaka and Touma would have been a funny memory, but Kuroko ruined it: 'v 😂.

"I am talking about this inexplicable organism ... Then you have already found a way to stop cell aging ..." Hahaha Acelerator almost killed me with those words addressed to Professor Tsukuyomi Komoe 😂.

Little Misaka is adorable and very funny.

PS: Who carries a submachine gun in your school bag? LOL.
Jan 30, 2020 2:03 PM

Jan 2020
Accelerator, The only character with common sense.

And finally some Accelerator screentime!
May 31, 2020 7:43 AM

Aug 2018
Kuroko with blue eyes of not sleeping long.. Poor Kuroko..
Well, Accelerator is rude as always with small Misaka.. Small Misaka really could get someone better, not this dude, who is grumpy all the time.. ;p
And he doesn't even know the person they're traveling to, but calls her another idiot to deal with?.. Well.. I kinda saw enough there.. Accelerator is just having superiority complex, assuming everyone is stupid people around him, without even giving them chance.. Just an arrogant guy with superiority complex.. Alright.. ;p Now I'll know his description, I think this scene made me pick words that suit him well.. ;P
Eh?.. Misakas don't really need to go on a diet, though.. They're slim already.. But on the other hand, they are all persons themselves, so if they start to differ in many things, it'd be a plus, really.. With everyone finding, what they want to do in life.. Even if it's things like dieting.. I'm glad they can make choices in life, in the end..
lol.. Kuroko and Touma could form a nice duo of Misaka's teasers.. ;P
Oh.. Just how they were able to come up with idea to ask maid of new recipe for that thing?.. I'm a bit impressed.. ;P And yeah - for real, not ironically.. ;p
I wonder, by the way.. Would that company accept yuri pair?.. I mean.. They probably could have additional problems if some gay couple would get rejected, and news would get to know about it.. Yeah, they could still not allow gay couples.. But it'd be anti advertising for them.. Which also can raise popularity in fact.. But also can be problems.. So wonder, really, if they'd accept yuri couple or not..
Well.. Things escalated quickly.. ;D
Overall, nice episode.. Characters all around getting more screen time, hope for more episodes like this, really.. ;P
Nov 29, 2020 6:00 AM

Jan 2017
Accel has truly become a protagonist since he can now walk in on naked females like Touma always does ;)
Jan 23, 2021 12:53 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
In railgun, the slice of life stuff dragged the show down. Here in index however, makes it fun. I wanted to see cool esper fights in railgun, and got bored whenever there wasn't any action on screen. In index, when there's action on screen, it's boring, pretty much anything having to involve the roman catholic church or any church or anything magic for that matter. If you like that stuff, great, since that's what index is centered around. But I'm here for just the chill downtime moments, and we finally get a whole episode dedicated to just that here in episode 17. All the magic roman church shit is incredibly boring, for me. So when we get back to our beloved characters, touma, MINUS index because screw that nun loli, misaka, accelerator, it's just, real good fam. I like how when accelerator walks into some naked ladies they just don't really pay any mind to it. Maybe because they respect is overpowered-ness. Then touma walks in on some naked ladies (which is like every episode) and gets destroyed. While this would annoy me in straight up ecchi harems, I actually find it funny here.

How to make the perfect raildex universe for me? Cut out all the magic shit, ONLY include the science side of this world, focusing only on espers, not saints or magicians or whatever. Then cut the slice of life from railgun and replace it with what we get in index. Boom, perfect raildex universe. If only. Anyway, this arc seems to be going on until episode 22, so 6 episodes. I know magic church stuff is going to get implemented somewhere, but I hope for the most part it just stays, well, fun, like this episode was.

edit: also forgot to mention how much I loved seeing one of the misaka clones start to develop unique character traits, maybe for now it's just her waistline, but it's a start and it's funny
BetaMaleUltraJan 23, 2021 1:00 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 25, 2021 8:03 PM

Apr 2019
uh oh... misaka got a gun :O

Jun 22, 2022 5:27 AM
Oct 2019
SECOND OP for Season 2.

no more religion bullshit, now we got more shenanigans.

funny that now Accelerator got Touma Energy going into bathroom for Fanservice.
Dec 15, 2022 11:00 AM

Aug 2019
can not hate misaka, misaka and misaka in an episode of the boring religion show

HiljainenSipuliDec 15, 2022 11:28 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2023 1:33 PM

Jan 2021
I was waiting for this certain Misaka x Toma for such a long time and it finally happened this episode.
Btw Accelerator is a Giga chad.

Misaka 10032 taking out the gun was Hilarious.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2010

251 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 29, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

236 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.