MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu »» Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion

Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

223 87.45%
4 out of 5: Liked it

16 6.27%
3 out of 5: It was OK

4 1.57%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 0.78%
1 out of 5: Hated it

10 3.92%
Voters: 255

02-08-10, 2:42 AM

smokes said:

so the show is over... nice experience..tho i wasnt that much attracted to this show like other people here lol xD

what do you mean... its in your favorite list :P
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')

02-08-10, 2:44 AM

yes but it didnt have that much impact on me like other people )))
maybe because i have another show that made a bigger 'impact' lets say)

02-08-10, 2:46 AM

you're not talking about gungrave, are you?
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')

02-08-10, 2:52 AM

no, thats not on the first place)
ok lets end this, its a matter of tastes)

02-08-10, 2:55 AM

sure...though I doubt anyone here is going to flame you. :P

03-29-10, 9:22 PM
Anime Moderator
Ah, it's all over. I have no major complaints about the series and fully enjoyed it from the end of the first season and on. Beautiful~

Oberstein's death felt a little cheap at first, but it's actually fitting seeing as Reinhard, the man who he pledged to follow in the beginning, has passed on as well. I really liked Oberstein since he was first introduced, shame he had so little screen time though.

04-02-10, 5:37 AM

After putting it off forever because its length was daunting and its animation seemingly poor, I started watching it and now 10 days later I am done with my favorite anime of all time. Each episode entertained me so much and left me wanting more that I put life on hold for this one.

04-03-10, 1:55 AM

Aw its over. A really good series. Now, time to watch all of its prequel.

04-18-10, 10:07 PM

I never liked Truhint, but I felt sorry for him when I learned of his true intentions. And poor old Oberstein! :( Again, LotGH keeps true to its trend as both good and evil are realized in each character.

By now, it seems that Karin has stolen Julian from little Charlotte ><

"The legend ends, and history begins"
My, what a wonderful line. Loved the ending scene, too

This series gets a 10/10 from me. It's hardly perfect, but perfect is too much to ask for. LotGH sets the bar, and until I find a superior anime, it will remain my high standard.
Modified by hellogoodbye, 04-18-10, 10:57 PM

05-13-10, 3:30 AM

Bitter irony is what sticks out with Julian and Karin speaking of what it finally got them. For the autonomy of a star system in the fringe required so much extremely gruesome death, loss of great people, but especially the loss of Yang Wenli. Can't think of a character death which would still effect me even to the last episode. It still will, considering what this death represents and how it reflects on the way the world works.

Reinhard's passing was the most suitable for him and left few regrets hence why I didn't shed more than a few tears for him.

And it's in my opinion that a 10 shouldn't reflect perfection, which is a myth, as it should reflect a masterpiece which is what this series is.

05-17-10, 7:38 PM

the legend ends and history begins.....that was a beautiful masterpiece....

I hated Truniht....when he died I was like.....F*** yeah Truhnit's dead.....maybe because he's like one of those politicians here in our country that's so corrupt....I hated him so.....

but I began liking Oberstein....a man despised by all...but still remains faithful to the empire and to reinhard....and at the time of his death he is still thinking about the empire.......I have so much respect for him now.....and to reinhard and yang too.....

...rNr...
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."

05-27-10, 6:57 PM

Well, I finally made it to the end. So much suffering, but it appears that hope will spring from the sea of blood after all.

What a journey it was. I won't write up extensive thoughts on the series here, except that I have the burning desire to read the original novels this was based on as well as everything else the original author wrote. It's not perfect, and doesn't displace my favorite anime series, but it deserves high praise for seeing its large ambitions though successfully.

06-15-10, 11:02 PM

meh...this show ended with S3 as far as I'm concerned...solid 8/10. Worth the watch, but no where near worth the hype

06-16-10, 12:47 AM

DreamTheater2112 said:
meh...this show ended with S3 as far as I'm concerned...solid 8/10. Worth the watch, but no where near worth the hype

well I'd never say that something I think deserves an 8 and is on the top anime list is over hyped. If I'm giving something an 8 then it isn't hard to imagine people going crazy over it. durarara, Baccano, Girl who leapt through time, fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, they're all shows I've given an 8 and I'm happy to see them in the top anime list.
Although I do agree that season 3 was better, but season 4 was better than the first 2 in my book. Thematically, all the events since yang's death made a lot of sense, including all those character deaths. And the last episode is among the best finale's I've seen yet.

06-25-10, 1:32 AM

I will go as far as saying this show is one of the greatest works of art man has ever produced. Beautiful story, beautiful characters, beautiful ending, beautiful everything. Nothing will ever compare.

06-29-10, 8:27 PM

oh man, this series was way past great.
Will there be an anime this epic again?

07-01-10, 5:55 PM

DreamTheater2112 said:

What is your reasoning?

YouTube - I post all my gameplay (Kingdom Hearts, so far) videos here (mostly boss fights), I am currently running through Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix on Proud Mode. I am aiming to catalogue all boss fights in 1080p HD using PCSX2 to emulate and Fraps to record. Give my videos a watch and some constructive criticism. Thanks.

07-04-10, 9:24 AM

Wow
I have never cried watching any media, may it be series, movies, theatres...
But the last episode of Legend of the Galactic Heroes actually did make me drop tears.

About the whole anime. Story has no equivalents what so ever. It was so detailed, long, original, unique throughout those 110 episode, that you can really not compare it to anything else. Each character whose name you can remember surpasses the main characters of the majority of anime. The development is just outstanding.

I even downgraded a number of anime after completing this.

I don't think my writing skills are appropriate for writing anything more about LotGH. So I won't... For now...
No sig :(

07-08-10, 7:51 PM

I concur with most of the posts, it is one of the greatest, if not THE greatest anime I've ever seen. Definitely the one with the best plot, characters and dialogue.
I downgraded 80% of my list in comparison to LOGH so I can feel at ease..

Also I'm looking VERY much forward to the Gaiden Series, otherwise the end would have struck me even harder..
Modified by Higashi_no_Kaze, 10-29-10, 7:38 PM
Check out our new Simul Watch CLUB and join if you're interested!

If Death Note is "chess", LotGH is "3D Chess." - lisnoire
Code Geass would be Rock-Paper-Scissors in this analogy.
Guilty Crown? - Go Fish!

07-11-10, 4:10 AM

Just finished it. Quite a great series but they could have made the opposition ( Free Planet Alliance ) more interesting, since the start of the series it's been quite a lopsided battle, great series and ending anyway.
Doubt Doubt.

Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices