Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Jun 7, 2015 11:28 AM

Jun 2012
Truly astonashing, an end worth of this masterpiece of a series
What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power and people who flatter them hide in safe places and extol war, force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, then send them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war with the Empire, mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites? - Yang Wenli
Jun 7, 2015 4:56 PM
Nov 2014
From the first to the final minute, I cried my eyes out for Reinhard. A legendary character in the anime industry, a part of my family. I'm really happy that fucking earth cultists bastard got what they deserved, sad to see Oberstein dies too.

One of the best ending ever and one of the best anime I have ever seen so far, more people need to watch this legendary masterpiece.

∞/10
VirginAmirulJun 8, 2015 1:03 AM
Jun 18, 2015 6:52 PM

Sep 2010
I cheered when Julian shot the bastard fuck yeah. I never really liked Oberstein so I didn't give a shit when he died. xD

Looks like Felix and Alexander Siegfried will be the next generation's version of Reinhard and Kirchies. I cried when he said "Please be a good friend to him Felix".

I didn't really care too much for the ending I was expecting more than that tbh I wanted like a flash foward or something for more closure, but I'll still give it a 10/10 even if all the politics and stuffs flew right over my head sometimes. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 22, 2015 7:11 PM

May 2012
What can I say, a perfect ending for this series. I'm just baffled by the emotion and quality of this last episode! It was just so beautiful in so many ways that it's really hard to provide words for this epic series!

I already knew from the start that this series was going to be great, but I certainly didn't expect this great, the amount of really proper character and story development was just top notch together with a lovely atmosphere, intense battles and even proper romance!

I must say all in all this anime was just the best, and I can certainly understand why so many people like it and I'm really glad that I now completed this whole epic franchise!
Jun 27, 2015 3:12 PM

Oct 2012
Reinhard...what a character. Felix and Alexander Sigfried are gonna be a force. Felix with Oskar Von Reunthal as his father, and Wolfgang Mittermeyer as his adopted father. And Alex with Reinhard as his father, Hilda as his mother, and named after his fathers Best friend, Siegfreid.

I'm also interested in Julian's future. And his future kids with Karin. He'll make a name for himself on the battlefield that's for sure. At the end of his career who's to say he won't be mentioned in the same sentence as Reinhard and Yang Wenli?

This story is unpredictable from here on out. Anything can happen. There's thousands, millions, billions even, of history to be played. Reinhard, Yang Wenli, Julian Minci and others are just pinpricks in space's history. What's for certain is that Historians will remember their names until the end of time. They've carved out their places in history and now its time for the next generation to make their own stories. A sayisfying ending. The GOAT anime.

Jun 29, 2015 4:54 PM

May 2011
After watching LOGH for over a year... it just feels unreal that it's over.

There's just too much to say about it all, and I see some hidden context as well on top of that. I shall always look back on this journey. The scene where Reinhard united Felix and Alec especially made me tear this episode. This whole show in its entirety is simply a work of art.

The Legend ends, and History begins.

(I'm glad that I still have some OVAs to check out sometime)
Jul 25, 2015 9:49 AM
Apr 2013
9/10 from me, although I had some problems with this series, mainly the ones that Feorg listed in page 6 of this topic.

Even though I dont like how writers treated Oberstein (not only him actually) HE IS the real hero who paved Reinhard way of becoming emperor. I genuinely think that without Oberstein he wouldnt even be able to achieve half of his accomplishments. Not only Oberstein disposed of riots, conspiracies, terraists and Rubinsky but his advice was appreciated more than Marienford's (as Reinhard admitted it himself) and I dare to say that his schemes were more cunning and better thought out than Reinhard's himself.

Too bad there was not enough information or backstory about him, I know that it was better for this character because he was intriguing and mysterious that way but I just wanted more of him.
Jul 31, 2015 2:34 AM

Dec 2013
I can't believe this series is over ;_;

I'd like to think that Oberstein sacrificing himself was part of his plan :)

Overall pretty satisfying ending. Really gonna miss this series. From it's story to it's characters to constantly hearing the words "admiral" and "your majesty" being said over and over again.

10/10
Aug 2, 2015 6:03 PM

Sep 2013
One the greatest series ever.
Aug 15, 2015 12:37 PM

Jul 2015
I felt like they rushed the conclusion to the Terraism subplot without providing much context as to why the archbishop guy decided to undertake that pointless mass suicide at the end, when he could have just stayed behind the shadows, conspiring to increase his followers and dominate the galaxy at a later date, like he had always done before.

Regardless of that, the show managed to wrap up everything nicely by the end and stands as one of the best pieces of media I've seen so far. 9.5/10.
Aug 15, 2015 3:41 PM

Jan 2013
Because, those guys were the last remnants of Earth Cult and Oberstein's bluff (threating to iNuke Earth and leaking Kaiser's mansion info) paid off nicely in order to reveal themselves. That doesn't sound like a rushed conclusion.
Aug 16, 2015 3:20 AM

Feb 2008
"This is the best anime ever made" is a thing I wanted to say, but sadly it had some major issues like FPA getting really neglected compared to Empire and of course Earth Cult sucking donkey balls. FPA side might be the show biggest flaw, since these characters are barely developed compared to the Empire. Even somewhat minor characters like Kessler were better handled than major characters like Poplan and Dusty. Other than that, Empire had some great characters, from big ones like Oberstein and Reuental, to minor ones like Kessler and Muller.

So yeah, maybe it's not the very best, but it is Top 10 material for best "shows" (or the very top for OVAs).

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 16, 2015 8:50 AM

Jul 2015
Wyhern said:
Because, those guys were the last remnants of Earth Cult and Oberstein's bluff (threating to iNuke Earth and leaking Kaiser's mansion info) paid off nicely in order to reveal themselves. That doesn't sound like a rushed conclusion.

It was still a pointless suicide with 0 chance of success and there was no need for the archbishop to go there himself... I guess I expected too much from the Earth Cult leaders, in the end they were nothing more than a bunch of one-dimensional idiots whom the show didn't bother to properly flesh out despite their importance in the story.
VoxOfTheSheepleJun 9, 2016 12:52 PM
Aug 16, 2015 10:45 AM

Jan 2013
Being a fanatic who has delirium because of ethnic, ideologic or ecclesiastic derivation is 1-dimensional anyway. This is nothing new. If you add narcotics into this lovely cocktail, then you can push the edge of the envelope.
EcthelionAug 17, 2015 10:04 AM
Aug 27, 2015 2:38 AM

Jan 2015
Good night, sweet prince.
Aug 28, 2015 12:35 PM

May 2012
fucking incredible, i think this is by far one of the greatest anime i have ever had the pleasure to watch 10/10
Aug 28, 2015 5:46 PM

May 2014
Reinhard is soooooooooooooooooooooo Alexander the Great , even a better character than him.
Now I remembered the Adventure Story Novel , I really looooved Alexander. I'm just happy that Reinhard became an even better person before his death , even if he had pride problems etc.

I Hate/Love Oberstein.
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Aug 28, 2015 5:47 PM
Nov 2011
Prequel said:

The only reason he died, I mean was killed by writer was that he was too great to exist. Writer couldn't simply allow such a great man to exist. I find this complex disturbing. Why must everyone die to shove your beliefs down people's throats? Why can't a man, a simple man stand against life's roughness? Why must you make everyone feel like such a man can't exist just because you, yourself don't have the courage to be that man?

Those are some harsh words of criticism but I disagree. Remember something that Yang Wenli, Julian, many others and eventually even Reinhard himself came to understand - Reinhard needs war, it is at war and executing strategic fleet movements, commanding the tactical movements of each of his esteemed Admirals and through conquering his opponents that Reinhard excels and finds his fulfillment in. After Yang Wenli, he lost his desire to fight against the Iserlohn forces because his greatest match and most respected opponent was dead, and not at his hand. He is a man who seemingly grows restless at peace and needs a challenge to overcome and then another to thrive and operate at his peak condition and mental acuity.

I think in this sense the writer was kind to Reinhard, he conquered all of space and his political opponents were at peace with the Empire. He departed for Valhalla as we see in Mittermeyer's premonition, and there, reunited with his Admirals and Kircheis, can do battle once more. Maybe even against Yang Wenli, who knows? The afterlife of the show is ambiguous and left to the viewers interpretation. I think that was the final intention of the writer for Reinhard, he departs having done his utmost and leaving behind an heir, and a respected and strong dynasty, and good terms with those who desire democracy, now it was their future to forge while Reinhard, his Admirals and Yang Wenli tend to their own matters in Valhalla.
Oct 6, 2015 8:08 PM
Jul 2014
Great finale,I wish so much was happening throughout the series... One of the most boring Anime ever!
jakovOct 6, 2015 8:16 PM
Oct 24, 2015 3:42 AM

Jul 2014
Well, my hero already died on episode 83(T_T), so Reinhard death is not that much to me on the other hand i already see this coming during the war with Julian, Nevertheless, this is indeed the best way to warp the series. but still,..... the void..........

Time to watch all the prequel to fill the void. ^^

IspanoGuymelef said:
I felt like they rushed the conclusion to the Terraism subplot without providing much context as to why the archbishop guy decided to undertake that pointless mass suicide at the end, when he could have just stayed behind the shadows, conspiring to increase his followers and dominate the galaxy at a later date, like he had always done before.
well, i do feel like you. but what can we expect from a bunch of guys that only exist for the sake of killing Yang Wenli >.>
Dec 11, 2015 11:04 PM

Apr 2015
Damn, I'm emotionally beat.
Brace yourself.

Soon as LotGH 2017 comes out. The anime community is going to become so cancerous you will need to take cover and hide.
Dec 12, 2015 12:49 PM
Aug 2014
Words can't describe this piece of art <3
Dec 29, 2015 9:28 PM

Mar 2014
So grateful that the final anime series I finish this year was this Divine piece of fiction. One of the, if not the, best anime I've currently encountered.

Final rating: Goat/5.
Jan 7, 2016 5:40 AM

Jul 2013
Never have a series reached to my heart as much as this, and I believe that no other series can compare to its greatness. Perfect 10/10, favorite of mine of all time period.
Jan 30, 2016 1:38 PM

Dec 2012
I spent a couple of hours typing this out because frankly LOTGH deserves it. A mammoth of a task, but worth it to properly document my thoughts on this epic. With the way this episode ended, I can't help but feel that it knew the best way to sum up an epic of this proportion was to fade out quietly. It left a far more profound impact when I found myself slowly unwinding from this journey, pondering on the lingering feelings of what transpired.

Ah where to even begin...the magnitude of its intricate plot would make it my life's work to try to take it apart piece by piece. I'll just go ahead and highlight the key moments of each season. The first season drew me in with the folly of both the Alliance and Goldenbaum Dynasty. With corruption rife on both sides, it sets the stage for the political upheaval that will emphasize the importance of Yang and Reinhard. The second season is undoubtedly my favorite, demonstrating how Yang and Reinhard could lock horns and do battle as equals. The conclusion was far from anticipated and I never expected them to end the war halfway. The third major portion focuses on the stabilization of the Lohengramm Dynasty as the universe's supreme ruling body. There are loose ends and unrest, and although they seemed insignificant in the face of the Imperial fleet, they no doubt shook its foundations in the fourth season. Speaking of, I believe the fourth season is really about finally reaching an understanding between two opposing ideologies, demonstrating that peace is (ironically) worth fighting for.

If I thought scratching the surface of the plot was a mouthful, I can't even imagine how long I'd be stuck here if I tried to mention every major character. Key figures such as Reinhard, Yang, Reuenthal, Julian, Mittermeyer, Oberstein, Frederica, Hilda, Bucock and Merkatz all demonstrated qualities of living up to the name "hero." That is, they followed larger than life ideologies and convictions that they valued above their own lives. Julian and Yang in particular emphasized the importance of preserving historical integrity, to the point where neither had ambitions that went beyond the best interest of the grand scheme. Reinhard, on the other hand, believed in seizing his ambitions with his own two hands.

There's also certainly several themes to note. Particularly this food for thought is what separated it from simply being another 9/10.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes starts out by propositioning the notion that the history of mankind is the history of war. To some extent I can agree with this and certainly it's outlined by the events that transpire throughout the series. However, I feel that is only a partial representation of the collective picture. Considering the conclusion, I'm led to believe that perhaps the main message is that we must use history as a map, a guiding post to navigate towards peaceful resolutions. Yang and Julian stress the importance of preserving history's integrity precisely because of this point, as it will help to set an example for generations that look back on their deeds.

Without a doubt, this is one of the most comprehensive anime I've watched to date. It not only builds an immensely rich world, but portrays it as one would expect from a standard examination of our own history. Hell, there are even two documentary style episodes that capture this sensation to the dot. LOTGH has a vast array of politics and philosophies that, although are contained well within its own universe, manage to ring with the utmost relevance in reality as well. It's a conclusion I came to with religion years ago, but the idea that rather than faulting the belief system, it's the people behind it who will make or break it. Both autocracy as well as democracy have merits and shortcomings, but it's the people who govern them that determine which side of the spectrum they lean towards. Power politics is a gruesome business that distorts every form of order. The question is posed between Yang and Reinhard: the best autocracy or the worst democracy? My answer is it's entirely dependent on the people who drive them.

I'm not well versed in politics nor is it a field I'm terribly concerned with, but LOTGH has certainly given me food for thought on the subject. Although the entirety of the series does a splendid job at presenting various political intrigues, I feel as though the first half is incomparable in its demonstration of how two polar opposite systems of governance clash. The second half is important too as it portrays an attempt at reconciliation and understanding between people of opposing ideologies, but by far it is the first half that kept me overwhelmed with insight. I've been born and raised on American democracy and although I wouldn't say our politicians are Truniht-tier, there are certainly many holes in our system that I feel LOTGH addresses, such as how the democratic system is used as an arena for power struggles among parties rather than representing the will of the people. And as it's been said before, even if 51% elect a president, it leads to a divide between half of the nation. In that sense, is the majority truly correct?

I can't help but lament at how pitiable mankind can truly be. It was stated in a couple of episodes back, but how backwards is it when so much blood must be shed in order for men to sit down and talk peacefully? There was also the talk between Julian and Katerose, in which Julian mentions that 500 years and billions of lives were sacrificed simply for "just that." When he put it that way, it just felt like the entire thing was a farce.

But even in spite of that, I believe there is an optimistic lesson to be taken away from this. Even though the history of man is the history of war, the present and future are not part of the history books. In that sense, it's imperative that we use the lessons of the past to carve out a better world. This can be seen when Alex and Felix meet for the first time. All it takes is one incompetent generation to undo those efforts, which is precisely why adults should nurture noble values and integrity in children throughout each generation. So that it only goes without saying that war can be laid to rest as "history" and nothing more.

I have some other thoughts, mainly chicken scratch notes I took while watching. I'm too lazy to flesh them out, so here they are:

Now certainly as much as I have praised and commended Galactic Heroes, there are also aspects of it that I feel could have been handled better. For starters, the Terraist Cult. As others have mentioned, its black and white properties didn't feel well suited for a series of this caliber. It worked well back in the mid stages of the show, but I feel as though they out stayed their welcome and they got old fast. It was also a bit overly convenient how well connected they were and De Villiers in particular never really distinguished himself as a capable leader. He wasn't a brilliant strategist (Reuenthal), merchant (Rubinsky), or politician (Truniht - lol). He was just a Greenpeace wackadoodle.

Another shortcoming was the narrator. Although he wasn't a problem inherently, there were times when it could get overbearing. Sometimes it was just stating the obvious or limiting the scope of interpretation, never allowing scenes to speak for themselves. Also spoiler city with the whole "they finally arrived at a peaceful conclusion. Little did they know that THIS CHARACTER WILL DIE BEEP BEEP WARNING OMINOUS FORESHADOWING IN PROGRESS."

Ah but anyway, the last thing is that undoubtedly it felt as though the second half of the show paled in comparison to the first. It's not to berate it as I still highly enjoyed the portrayal of political unrest in a stabilizing government. And even if Yang's death crushed me, I like what they were able to do with Julian's growth and the theme of history. But honestly this show's brightest moments were indeed when the minds of Reinhard and Yang clashed. There was no equal for either party.

Even despite these nitpicks and flaws, however, it's only natural that a 100+ episode series will have a few misgivings along the way. Part of my criteria for a masterpiece is that I'm willing to accept all of its flaws unconditionally and that everything it does right outweighs anything I feel it could have done better.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It's certainly been an unforgettable ride. I can't help but feel like a historian as I reflect on it.

10/10
ZekkenshinJan 31, 2016 12:40 AM
Feb 11, 2016 4:00 PM
Sep 2014
I have seen LOGH twice, since i discovered it casually.... the last november. I remember that i saw the first episode while i was getting all the chapters. It captivated me with the firsts glimpses of the history.

Fool of me, i did not watch it on that moment. A terrible mistake, if i consider that the series in which i was focused on.....was HunterXHunter. I Have already forgotten the 85% of that series. I believe that i will always remember this one....cause of the feelings.

and the Epicness! (It's my favourite one.)
Feb 28, 2016 4:41 PM
Jan 2012
I expected more, that being said it was still really good, but there are a few things that bothered me and I think that they could have been better, especially in the 3rd and 4th season.
Mar 1, 2016 8:48 AM

Apr 2013
The Earth cult ended up being nothing more than a bunch of one dimensional evil bastards.

P.S. RIP Yang Wenli
Mar 6, 2016 11:30 AM

Dec 2015
I can't stop seeing parallels between Alexander the Great and Reinhard, what irony is it that the writers gave the name to his son... Both died of illness, let's hope the Kaiser's legacy will survive what's ahead.

As Hilda said Reinhard didn't simply die, he used up his stock of passion, ambition and dreams until he turned to white ashes, most fitting end for an individual of his stature. Also a nice reference to Ashita no Joe, as was the cross counter with Poplin in the previous episode.

Overall great series, no, a masterpiece. Hadn't seen such a good space opera since the Hyperion novels. The amount of details put in is insane, from the cast of characters to the depiction of the battles and the impact on economy and population was flawless, I could feel the pressure of the character's actions. It's not a deep work with a lot of visual interpretation and so on, but it sure as hell is a great demonstration of warfare and the conflict of ideologies that spill out of it. The feeling of emptiness towards the end was pretty hard to bear, so many faces I attached myself to were simply gone. Yang's absence during the last part was felt in my enjoyment, but it was still so great that the conclusion wasn't stained because of it.

I do have some minor issues like the depiction of religion throughout the show and the way Yang could read the future with his plot mirror at times but it didn't bother me that much. Julian was a letdown though, I expected a Simon-like route (from TTGL) after Yang's death but he ended up being a pale wanna be with not much going for him, along with his new broken voice getting under my skin. The Alliance side just felt much less interesting than the Alliance cast except for Yang, Schonkopf, Frederica and a few others. I guess that's to be expected when Reuenthal, Reinhard, Oberstein, Mittermeyer, Kircheis, Muller and Bittenfield are all on the same side.

So long, heroes. 10/10 series. May the future Production I.G anime not be total shit...
KingRequiemMar 6, 2016 11:35 AM
Mar 6, 2016 10:36 PM
Jan 2015
KingRequiem said:
I can't stop seeing parallels between Alexander the Great and Reinhard, what irony is it that the writers gave the name to his son... Both died of illness, let's hope the Kaiser's legacy will survive what's ahead.

As Hilda said Reinhard didn't simply die, he used up his stock of passion, ambition and dreams until he turned to white ashes, most fitting end for an individual of his stature. Also a nice reference to Ashita no Joe, as was the cross counter with Poplin in the previous episode.

Overall great series, no, a masterpiece. Hadn't seen such a good space opera since the Hyperion novels. The amount of details put in is insane, from the cast of characters to the depiction of the battles and the impact on economy and population was flawless, I could feel the pressure of the character's actions. It's not a deep work with a lot of visual interpretation and so on, but it sure as hell is a great demonstration of warfare and the conflict of ideologies that spill out of it. The feeling of emptiness towards the end was pretty hard to bear, so many faces I attached myself to were simply gone. Yang's absence during the last part was felt in my enjoyment, but it was still so great that the conclusion wasn't stained because of it.

I do have some minor issues like the depiction of religion throughout the show and the way Yang could read the future with his plot mirror at times but it didn't bother me that much. Julian was a letdown though, I expected a Simon-like route (from TTGL) after Yang's death but he ended up being a pale wanna be with not much going for him, along with his new broken voice getting under my skin. The Alliance side just felt much less interesting than the Alliance cast except for Yang, Schonkopf, Frederica and a few others. I guess that's to be expected when Reuenthal, Reinhard, Oberstein, Mittermeyer, Kircheis, Muller and Bittenfield are all on the same side.

So long, heroes. 10/10 series. May the future Production I.G anime not be total shit...

Totally agree
Let's just hope that the 2017 adaptation of LOGH will not cause any harm to the OVA/novels or will not be depicted as a generic 2017 anime with generic characters and shitty design and modified plot :/

I discovered this anime purely by chance. Just saw the title on MAL, didn't read reviews, summary and such.... At first, I didn't want to watch 110 eps (too long, I'm used to 24 eps anime) but I'm glad that I downloaded all the episodes, I'll keep them as long as possible.
This serie was so amazing !!!!!! Didn't expect that ( no expectations too xD). Deserve 12/10 easy

Now, I need to find another anime to watch to fill this void

Kaiser, why you had to die from a shitty sickness? :'( Even Yang lived longer than Rainhard
Glad Mittermeyer is alive at least :)
AP_974Mar 6, 2016 10:40 PM
Mar 7, 2016 2:01 PM

Dec 2015
@AP_974

Production I.G always has great budget so at least it'll have an amazing soundtrack (which will be similar to the original OST if they're smart, because it's part of the show's identity) and eye candy visuals. Don't expect much out of the rest though. It would already be a good start if the series isn't cramped in a rushed 50 eps package.
Mar 8, 2016 11:27 AM
Jan 2015
@KingRequiem

Well, they just have to take the original OST (at least xD) or remake an orchestral version of it. They could add other classicals too. I really liked this anime soundtrack

I just hope that they don't follow the character design like in the 2015 manga : Weird Kircheis, big eyes, dat eyelashes, ugly uniforms...even Yang looks weird :/

I heard that it's a new anime (not a remake) and it will follow the novels more closely.
Wondering if there's really so much difference between the OVA and the novel to begin with....
Mar 8, 2016 5:17 PM

Jun 2013
AP_974 said:
I heard that it's a new anime (not a remake) and it will follow the novels more closely.
Wondering if there's really so much difference between the OVA and the novel to begin with....

There are actually no significant differences between the OVA and the novels when it comes to plot. Characters that died in the novels also died in the OVA in roughly the same order. What the OVA did was to shuffle certain plot sequences, especially in season 1 (incorporating gaiden scenes like episodes 9 and 11 or pushing up Dusty's appearance, etc), expanding the storyline to fill the gaps from the novels (episodes 13 and 14), and finally to spice up certain aspects of the story (changing the Iserlohn Fortress's Death Star-esque solid armour to its iconic liquid metal armour, for example)
Mar 19, 2016 11:48 PM

Nov 2014
Man, Reinhard.. What a badass.

Mar 19, 2016 11:59 PM

May 2013
Always-Hungry said:
The Earth cult ended up being nothing more than a bunch of one dimensional evil bastards.

But yet such people exist in history.
Mar 24, 2016 7:57 AM

Jan 2013
Yea, i can not believe why people say that Earth cult is one dimensional evil bastards in the first place. Is ISIS a fictional work that journalists made up for your entertainment? Promise of Heaven or motive of vengeance is an easy way to witness such organizations in our daily life.
Mar 24, 2016 8:01 AM

Jan 2013
Meh, the fourth season was noticeably weaker. Julain was disappointing, I felt that he didn't get enough screen time to differentiate himself from Yang. What is the point of Yang's death so he can be replace by a lesser clone of himself. The conclusion of the earth cult was also pretty iffy and too easy.

Overall, I would rate the anime 9 just because the first half of the anime was godly good enough to smooth out the weaker second half. In addition, the dialogue between the characters and their inner monologue remain constantly good throughout the series.
Mar 26, 2016 5:37 PM

Apr 2014
I have the same question of some of you
what can I watch now???
man this was amazing
so dense ,it talk about many aspects of human being and the characters are well defined....no lolis...no superpowers,only history...good history
some chapters were so annoying because they tell a lot info....very dense like i said
but why not are something like this nowadays?? It is a remarkeable serie,one of the best I saw,serious,it touch me, for me it is a big 10/10
how I´m going to forget reinhart ,wenli,reuental, mittermeyer schwenkoff,attemborugh,poplan,julian,hilda,mss yang???...impossibleeeeeee!!!
i spend many time watching this with any regret...I laugh and I cry...unforgettable...
Apr 1, 2016 10:27 AM

May 2013
Wyhern said:
Yea, i can not believe why people say that Earth cult is one dimensional evil bastards in the first place. Is ISIS a fictional work that journalists made up for your entertainment? Promise of Heaven or motive of vengeance is an easy way to witness such organizations in our daily life.

Well ISIS is basically one-dimensional evil bastards promised an eternal life and looking to restore a once great empire...
May 8, 2016 11:24 AM

Nov 2012
Finished for the 4th time and still as amazed as the first time. The feeling of emptiness I have right now is beyond words. I really can't find anything close to filing the gap. Even my second favorite anime, Monster, can't!!!
"The Goddess of victory is waving her underwear in your faces!"
Fritz Josef Bittenfield (Legend of the Galactic Heroes)

May 8, 2016 7:40 PM
Apr 2012
anyone i need ending 3 full song please.
Jun 4, 2016 2:19 AM
Jun 2014
After Yang's death it definitely fell further into soap opera territory. A bit disappointing because I was enjoying it a lot more when the focus was on the politics/war. It also became a bit ridiculous in the final season trying to wrap things up. Still, overall its a good show.
Jun 9, 2016 12:22 PM
Mar 2016
Anyone want to speculate of what the most similar real life collagen disease it is that Reinhard had? I don't know of any collagen diseases that only start with onset in adult life.
Jun 9, 2016 12:25 PM
Mar 2016
VoxOfTheSheeple said:

Regardless of that, the show managed to wrap up everything nicely by the end and stands as one of the best pieces of media I've seen so far. 9.5/10.

The rumor was that the emperor was going to destroy Earth. Without Earth, there would be no theological basis of Terraism's power/influence to gain followers. It would almost be like nuking Mecca and Medina, but worse.
FandalorianJun 9, 2016 12:33 PM
Jun 9, 2016 5:06 PM

Mar 2014
Fandalorian said:
Anyone want to speculate of what the most similar real life collagen disease it is that Reinhard had? I don't know of any collagen diseases that only start with onset in adult life.
I reckon Emil poisoned Reinhard.
Jun 10, 2016 6:38 AM
Mar 2016
ziggy_Z said:
Fandalorian said:
I reckon Emil poisoned Reinhard.

There's no evidence to support that. It has been discredited in previous threads. Besides, you ignored my question.
Jun 25, 2016 3:21 PM

Aug 2014
FUCK YES, JUSTICE FOR YANG!!
Lost count of many times I replayed the scene of Julian just firing away at that bastard De Villier.

It's a shame that Reinhard had to meet his end not in the battlefield but because of an illness...at least he surrounded by the people who love and respect him for his final moments.

Can't forget, R.I.P to the true HERO of this series, Oberstein. It's pretty sad that pretty much nobody gave two fucks about his death. I know must of the hate towards him is granted but the guy truly had the Galactic Empire in his best interest.

Overall this was a very solid series. I did have a few problems here and there with the pacing (Reuenthal's betrayal being drawn out, The Terraism sub plot etc..) or plots point being pushed to the side (I could had sworn that Kesler had caught on the fact that Reinhard knew beforehand of the previous Kaiser's kidnapping) but nothing too major to damper my ejoyment.

9/10
KashKetchumJun 25, 2016 3:24 PM
Jul 3, 2016 4:55 PM

May 2012
Well, that was a pretty underwhelming ending. 6/10.
Jul 15, 2016 8:03 PM

May 2016
That’s probably one of the most fulfilling ending to an anime ever. Even though my two absolute favorite characters in the show died in this episode, I still feel strangely at peace. It would be absolutely amazing if there was a sequel to this, I would love to see how Hilda and the other admirals administer the Empire with Reinhard gone. And to see the friendship blossom between Prince Alec (now officially the new King) and Felix and see those boys grow up…. aaaah. Reinhard and Kircheis 2.0.

MY HEART JUST THINKING ABOUT THE LAST EPISODE. I CAN’T.

What an amazingly, beautiful, breath-taking, inspiring, long ride. I loved every second of it. Legend of the Galactic Heros/Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, you are seriously my favorite anime ever. Ever.

I AM GOING TO MISS THE NARRATOR IN THIS SHOW THOUGH, I FEEL LIKE THE NAGGING FRIEND I ONCE HAD IS NOW GONE AND I’M AT A LOST. BEST AND MOST ANNOYING BUT NO SERIOUSLY, THE BEST NARRATION TO A SHOW DEFINITELY GOES TO THE NARRATOR IN LOTGH.
"ドSではない。迢ドSだ." - 蘇芳先生、月華撩乱 Romance

Aug 6, 2016 4:52 AM

Jun 2016
chocobanan said:

I AM GOING TO MISS THE NARRATOR IN THIS SHOW THOUGH, I FEEL LIKE THE NAGGING FRIEND...

"It happened at 0833 IST on July 16th of Earth year 2016 A.D. The narrator finally made a friend. Although he had no way of knowing the tragedy that would befall him soon, that this was the last episode.."

Heh, I just finished the last episode and went through every single post on this thread as way to battle withdrawal. I felt like quoting so many of them, because I agreed with many things that were expressed - but that would be a monumental task, maybe a little OTT, so I'll keep this short.

I'm an avid sci-fi fan, which made it really easy for me to fall in love with LoGH. There were loads of flaws and nitpicks throughout the journey (and I've mentioned some of them in the previous episode threads; main ones include very superficial explanations of battle strategies, no consideration of three dimensions, and some very contrived convictions in order to move the plot along), but I'm a generous rater and this is certainly an 11/10. There are other shows that are comparable in rating, but there's certainly none that are this epic. In sheer scale and ambition, this dwarfs every other series.

Now for comments specific to the last episode:

R.I.P., Oberstein, who fulfilled his duty toward the dynasty right till the end by rooting out the Terraists, in a fittingly cunning fashion. Anyone found his last line a little strange, though? "Larbenard is my butler" following "That is all.." was weird. He could have mentioned that before, but he mentions it in the end as an afterthought. Oh well.

R.I.P., Reinhard, you mothertrucking supernova of a person. Hilde's speech managed to make me tear up:

"The Kaiser didn't die of illness; He passed away having used up all of his lifetime. He didn't fall from illness. Everyone, please don't forget that.."

Such amazing composure. She'll make a great Empress yet. Felix emulating what Reinhard does in the beginning of the OP was a perfect way to end it.

I don't know quite what else to say. I'll just put this here, since I'm listening to this right now to derive some comfort:

"No need for crying,
Let out your feelings;
Wide through the space
Where time just endlessly spins,
Twinkling tears of night,
Darkness turns to light.
Sailing so free, sailing in peace,
Lay your heart down
Onto the sea of the stars."

Consider my heart laid out.
Pages (13) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 109 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

64 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.