Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 7, 2008 3:24 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Rubinsky down, one more pest(s) to go. It was great that they finally were able to catch him after all this time but with his brain tumor he was doomed either way. I wonder if they picked up Dominic along with him. She's always been by his side the whole time.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Sep 9, 2009 5:40 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
oh man...it's those damn Terraists again.....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 31, 2010 4:25 AM

Sep 2008
Orgasmic !
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Apr 4, 2010 9:23 PM

Jan 2009
The combination of actions by Oberstein and the Earth Cult are sure making things difficult on both Iserlohn and the Empire. What I am feeling though is that these turn of events was what Oberstein was planning, even if it meant taking flak from Bittenfeld.

I was confused though when an imperial fleet decided to give chase to Julian and company even though they were on their way to speak with Reinhard on Heinessen. A scare tactic made by the Earth Cult? Probably not as the force they arrived with was a substantial one.

Hearing Telly Savalas (Rubinsky) finally getting brought in was amongst the best news I've heard this episode. With him nearing his end, the Earth Cult takes another crucial hit... and yet De Villiers is still lurking about. Hmm.
Jun 10, 2010 11:41 PM

Jun 2009
I love Oberstein. I agree with pretty much everything he does. Second favourite LoGH character now aside from Yang. Although, Poplan and Dusty hold special places too.
Sep 26, 2010 6:54 AM

Apr 2008
Confusion on Heinessen reached its climax, but still Obertein shows some efficiency when he gives order to Muller to clean the mess and when we learn that he was searching for Rubinsky for a while and found him.

The part where Mecklinger thinks about his Kaiser being efficient even with his illness led to a commentary of the narrator that left no doubt of what it will happen to Lohengramm :(
Oct 23, 2010 1:50 PM

May 2010
That Rubinsky part was very anti-climatic. I hope Dominic escaped at least. I had sort of grown attached to those 2, to see them disposed of without even a look at their faces would be too weird after all the time spent developing them. Oh well...
“Money can't buy dere”
Dec 11, 2010 1:06 AM

Jan 2010
oh no the guy with the long name died :(

so they found rubinsky,why do I have the feeling he's already dead?
damn those terraists anyway,i hope they will be done for in the couple next episodes...destroy the earth! xD

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 20, 2011 6:02 PM

May 2010
Oberstein, you are my hero, you caught that no-good son of a Rubinsky. Finally, that pretentious baldy who thinks he can kill Yang or Reinhard will perish.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 24, 2011 2:09 AM

Feb 2010
They emphasis on the gravity of Reinhard's illness this episode, won't be surprised if Emil, the kiddy doctor, was responsible for it.
Jun 26, 2011 5:42 PM

Sep 2008
Fuck yeah, Oberstein you're the man.
Jun 28, 2011 11:26 AM

Jan 2008
koreye said:
Orgasmic !

Stop trying to get yourself quoted on the back cover of the region-free blu-ray boxset of this show!
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 19, 2012 10:58 PM

Sep 2009
What a way for Rubinsky to go.
Not even a moment of screentime.
How the mighty fall.
Feb 20, 2012 9:36 PM
Nov 2010
Did Oberstein really do all of that because he wanted to have Reinhard as the 'saviour' of the Alliance?
It wouldn't be the first time he plays the bad guy only to have Reinhard as the good guy.
Ehhh, I still don't know what I really think about Oberstein though, I admire him, his ideas are useful (sometimes a bit drastic) and have helped to accomplish Reinhard long-term goals.
For that he's got my admiration...but still, I'm immature and I will always blame him for what happened to Kircheis.
Feb 20, 2012 10:48 PM

Sep 2009
Wyvern-Ventrue said:
Did Oberstein really do all of that because he wanted to have Reinhard as the 'saviour' of the Alliance?
It wouldn't be the first time he plays the bad guy only to have Reinhard as the good guy.
Ehhh, I still don't know what I really think about Oberstein though, I admire him, his ideas are useful (sometimes a bit drastic) and have helped to accomplish Reinhard long-term goals.
For that he's got my admiration...but still, I'm immature and I will always blame him for what happened to Kircheis.

And he is content with that.
Feb 21, 2012 8:38 AM

Sep 2008
Beatnik said:
koreye said:
Orgasmic !

Stop trying to get yourself quoted on the back cover of the region-free blu-ray boxset of this show!

Riveting. Jaw-dropping. Intense. Action packed. Two Thumbs Up! Oscar worthy! etc etc
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jun 2, 2012 6:49 PM

Feb 2012
A bit anti-climatic for Rubinsky. That's a shame.
Sep 19, 2012 7:20 AM
Mar 2012
won't be surprised if it was indeed oberstein's plan to make himself the bad guy, and about kircheis, why is it oberstein's fault?
Sep 19, 2012 6:09 PM

Sep 2008
Shaduge said:
won't be surprised if it was indeed oberstein's plan to make himself the bad guy, and about kircheis, why is it oberstein's fault?

Because he did not let kircheis carry that fucking gun, that's why.
Sep 20, 2012 4:00 AM
Mar 2012
eyerok said:
Shaduge said:

because we all know kircheis shoots people, and wasn't that reinhard who started to treat him like everyone else
fact is, kircheis defended reinhard and so did oberstein while everyone else was enjoying the show
Sep 21, 2012 1:22 PM

Sep 2008
Shaduge said:
eyerok said:

because we all know kircheis shoots people, and wasn't that reinhard who started to treat him like everyone else
fact is, kircheis defended reinhard and so did oberstein while everyone else was enjoying the show

Kircheis, rather than rushing towards the enemy and trying to stop him unarmed, would have instead took his gun out and shot him in the arm or leg. Besides, the way I remember it, it was implied that he was not allowed to carry on Oberstein's instructions. I may have to watch the scene again, but it was Oberstein as security advisor who 'carried' the message.
Really doubt Reinhard would treat Kircheis the same as everyone else.
eyerokApr 18, 2015 3:37 AM
Aug 9, 2013 12:31 AM

Jun 2013
So they caught that rat Rubinsky? Wished they at least show it.
Oct 6, 2013 5:19 PM

Nov 2009
Ruh roh . . . Bloodshed at Phezzan? That can't be good. I pray to god that neither Hilda or Annerose gets killed, since I really don't want to see Reinhard lose it and destroy everything he worked so hard to accomplish. Although they also seem to be foreshadowing his death recently, not by an enemy, but by whatever illness he has.
Apr 27, 2014 1:01 AM

Mar 2013
Finally that bastard Rubinsky meets his end. In terms of his ambition and plots i give him credit for being a huge threat as a villain. Still I can't help but feel that his (and the Terraists) influence and effects were too great relative to their puny size/resources and support base.
Jul 21, 2014 8:39 AM

Sep 2012
What a waste of Rubinky's subplot. He was supposedly a mastermind, was hidden for many episodes, knew what he was doing (at first), was gathering resources and planning... just to get removed by a brain tumor and a simple investigation, without having ever achieved anything.
Jul 21, 2014 9:07 AM

Sep 2011
Litrydow said:
What a waste of Rubinky's subplot. He was supposedly a mastermind, was hidden for many episodes, knew what he was doing (at first), was gathering resources and planning... just to get removed by a brain tumor and a simple investigation, without having ever achieved anything.
Pretty much, Rubinsky as well as the poor portrayal of the "lol IM EVIL" motives of the terraists/de viller, are what I consider to be the one really major lfaw of LOTGH, all the other complaints i have are more minor and easy to forgive but this i cannot, they waste so much time on this character and give him an obnoxious amount of screentime, all of which is boring and unitneresting, and it doesnt even build up to anything, eveyr one of his actions could had been done by someone else and it they had cut him all together the show could have spent more time developing julian and his story which sadlt felt very under used.

This is one of the best anime of all time, but I consider this to be its biggest shortcoming.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 12, 2014 12:35 PM

Nov 2013
We've had all this time spent showcasing Rubinsky's plotting and his line of thinking only for it to all be dealt with off screen? One the major puppeteers of the series, gone... just like that?

...well his part in the series fell considerably short of where I thought it was going.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 7, 2014 12:45 PM

Mar 2012
lol Reinhard didn't even give a dam about the news of Rubinksky.
Dec 21, 2014 1:47 PM
Mar 2013
Oberstein is basically Batman.
Jan 8, 2015 11:08 PM

Jan 2014
It seems that Reinhard's most common line is: "What the hell was 'x' character doing?"
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Apr 18, 2015 1:33 AM

Apr 2013
Oshii said:
Oberstein is basically Batman.

He's the hero Heinessen needs but doesn't deserve. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.
Open to chat about any storytelling related subject as long as it's clever and respectful.
Myanimelist
Jun 7, 2015 5:26 AM
Nov 2014
Finally, that bastard Rubinsky is captured. Thank you based Oberstein.
Jun 22, 2015 5:12 PM

May 2012
Oh boy now it's going, let's see what's next!
Jul 30, 2015 5:52 PM

Dec 2013
Seems Rubinsky got captured. Finally!
Jun 24, 2016 7:08 PM

Aug 2014
My reaction to Rubinsky's capture was the same as Reinhard, what a waste :/
Jul 14, 2016 8:31 PM

May 2016
Rubinsky over and out, FINALLY.

I've always like Dominic for some reason.

Oberstein and that poker face LOL luuuvin' it

(Lady Gaga's poker face song is now stuck in my mind god dammit)
Chai11Jul 14, 2016 8:39 PM
"ドSではない。迢ドSだ." - 蘇芳先生、月華撩乱 Romance

Jul 14, 2016 8:37 PM

May 2016
koreye said:
Shaduge said:

Kircheis, rather than rushing towards the enemy and trying to stop him unarmed, would have instead took his gun out and shot him in the arm or leg. Besides, the way I remember it, it was implied that he was not allowed to carry on Oberstein's instructions. I may have to watch the scene again, but it was Oberstein as security advisor who 'carried' the message.

I don't understand why everyone is accusing Oberstein for Kircheis's death. Ok yeah sure, Kircheis would have been able to defend Reinhard without sacrificing his own life, but it's not like Oberstein knowingly planned for that to happened. Oberstein just wanted Reinhard to treat everyone the same WITHOUT the favoritism. Leave all that favoritism lovin' for your private life, no one wants to see that during work. I agree whole-heartedly with Oberstein. Either allow all the admirals/high admirals to carry their gun during leadership staff meetings, or allow no one to carry arms. Plain and simple. Kircheis's isn't Reinhard's official private bodyguard.
"ドSではない。迢ドSだ." - 蘇芳先生、月華撩乱 Romance

Jan 3, 2018 9:18 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It was a chaos!!!
Rubinksky caught, the best notice!!!
Feb 27, 2018 9:39 AM

May 2016
They didn't even show Rubinisky's face he became that useless man talk about how an illness and age change a man.
May 6, 2018 7:42 PM
Jul 2017
yass a little more about Attenborough my fav
do me a kabe-don
May 23, 2018 5:54 PM
Apr 2018
Damn what a waste of Rubinsky. Honestly him and the Earth Cult have been wasted this season. Rather than be a nuisance on two fronts they've both been planning the exact same things and it's a damn shame if he's been captured like this.

Though I think Rubinsky will finally put his plan to kill Reinhard's family into action.

Dusty was awesome in this episode too.

Mecklinger will survive these last few episodes but other characters won't be so lucky...

So glad that Murai and Huang Rui weren't killed off in the riots.

Power rankings:
1) Empire
2) Julian
3) Earth Cult
4) Goldenbaums
5) Runinski. Fallen to last for the first time ever....Though that's assuming Schumacher returns for the Goldenbaums...

MVP: Ferner. He proved he was more than just Obertsein's lackey.
Aug 26, 2018 5:47 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I agree that Rubinsky's end was way too anticlimatic for all the build up he received throughout the series, especially as a character that most people probably didn't even like. We don't even get to see him get caught.

As for Oberstein, I guess I misunderstand him once again. I shouldn't be surprised though, he's written to be that way...constantly misunderstood by others. Still, the result did come from people dying when they didn't have to, and others getting hurt, all due to Oberstein's schemes. I do respect him for his ability to plan so far ahead, as well as his determination to make the goal into reality.

So are we really getting more "foreshadowing" that Reinhard is going to die of some illness? :(

5 more episodes and shit just keep happening. Reinhard doesn't need more things to worry about.
Nov 13, 2018 12:16 PM

Feb 2017
This episode got me thinking that the worst prison riots in history must have been truly Hell on Earth.
Jun 30, 2019 9:19 PM
May 2018
Nice to see Attenborough getting the recognition he deserves, definitely one of my favorite characters, I've been his fan since his first appearance in the prequels.

Also, Rear Admiral Ferner is a pretty badass and smart character, totally worthy of being Oberstein's man of trust.
Dec 1, 2019 8:15 AM

Oct 2012
Shame we can't see Rubinsky get caught
I want to see his sad face afterall, well he got brain tumor.. can't be worse than that

Final act indeed

Damn Oberstein, he just played everyone like a fiddle
He made Reinhard looks really good while he himself looks more bad than before, more people will hate him too

"Signature removed"
Jan 6, 2020 3:29 PM

Nov 2016
What a damn shame for Rubinsky since he really was imo the most formidable "antagonist". But that's how LotGH works, no mercy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 4, 2020 8:01 AM

Jul 2019
The whole point of Rubinsky's character is that he's a pathetic man who wasted his whole life amassing power for purely selfish reasons (to the point of killing his own son without remorse), only to realize how fruitless it all was at the very end. That's why he desperately wanted to have another child with Dominique the moment he started having health issues, he knew the end was near and that he accomplished nothing.

And thus, Reinhard's indifference was very appropriate.
Jan 7, 2021 9:53 PM
Jun 2017
I guess Rubinsky will die off screen, but I also think he will somehow have a last laugh.

Many died at Rugpool. I didn't expect Oliveira to die, he seemed like a chill guy. I don't remember who Paetta was.

It's good that the clash between Oberstein and Bittenfeld was resolved by Reinhard. I feel like his death is certain, given that the narrator already commented on it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Oberstein planned everything so Reinhard would give the prisoners an amnesty and so boost his popularity by fueling it with hatred towards himself. That requires a complex way of thinking, and I'm sure Oberstein would totally pull that stunt out. Even so, almost every ending was a win for the Empire.

On a final note, I must say it was a bit sad to see only 7 admirals remain. Do you remember the planning for Operation Ragnarök, which involved the meeting of over 25 admirals? Reuental, Bergengrun, Knapfstein, Steinmetz, Fahrenheit, Lutz and many more have fallen in this war.
PaulotronatorJan 7, 2021 9:59 PM
Jan 7, 2021 9:56 PM
Jun 2017
Chai11 said:
koreye said:

I don't understand why everyone is accusing Oberstein for Kircheis's death. Ok yeah sure, Kircheis would have been able to defend Reinhard without sacrificing his own life, but it's not like Oberstein knowingly planned for that to happened. Oberstein just wanted Reinhard to treat everyone the same WITHOUT the favoritism. Leave all that favoritism lovin' for your private life, no one wants to see that during work. I agree whole-heartedly with Oberstein. Either allow all the admirals/high admirals to carry their gun during leadership staff meetings, or allow no one to carry arms. Plain and simple. Kircheis's isn't Reinhard's official private bodyguard.

Indeed. Ignoring Oberstein's pledge to treat everyone by the same standards led Reinhard to give too much power to Reuental, which indirectly caused his Revolt.
Jul 5, 2022 4:49 PM

Dec 2007
don't get the critique about rubinsky's end in this thread. LOGTH proved long ago with yang's death that it's realistic. we saw rubinsky long ago having disease. fact is, he's gonna die by disease and not in action. if i will say so myself, the same as he always done his work behind the scenes, his death is also made behind the scenes. as anime watcher it may disappoint as. but in writing term it's just genius.

dunno if oberstein did all this to make the keisar the good guy in the end, but i definitely not sure what's going to be his next actions. the way i see it, he achieved by getting reinhard attention of bloodless plan to end the war and bring peace. so it's not matter really who's gonna end this war, oberstein is the one who pulled the strings to make it happen.

and again, the narrator is telling us another incident. i'm honestly thinking those whole events are somehow going to tear apart the empire from the inside, as it nearly happened with bittnfield.
if i will guess reinhard next movements, and got the right info, he will want to avenge the terraist above all. they are responsible for all what happens 'till now. and i can't wait to see him wiping the terraist before the end of the anime.

the only sad thing is, only 5 episodes left :(
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.