Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 13, 2011 1:01 AM

Jun 2008
i love nizuma eiji!!! my fav ep so far
Feb 20, 2011 9:05 AM

Aug 2010
I'm now missing Takagi
Mar 14, 2011 3:44 PM
Mar 2010
Very very good episode!!! Fukuda is great!!!! nice chara, really!!!
Niizuma is too funny and too crazy, poor Nakai, but he is real gentleman......
next episode seems good, too...

next to 18th ep
Mar 21, 2011 12:42 AM

Aug 2010
Standby!Music!
I really felt bad for Nakia, he looked so sad!
& I love how Eiji even for a great manga artist, has flaws and Mashiro pointed them out :)
I really loved the outline of making a manga and the discussions.
Mar 28, 2011 3:03 AM
Mar 2011
all hail the fat guy!!! xD
Apr 21, 2011 6:04 AM

Aug 2009
The old guy is so poor that he can't follow the youngsters. xD
Fukuda is so cool btw. :D

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Jul 5, 2011 7:22 AM

Aug 2009
I feel so bad for Nakai ...X.X
Jan 28, 2012 2:41 PM
Jan 2012
DinaraC said:
i love nizuma eiji!!! my fav ep so far

Also my ^^
May 10, 2012 10:08 PM

Sep 2011
Nizuma is a very interesting character, a very interesting character indeed. He is actually pretty likable to be honest (I had a bad impression of him when I first saw him).
Aug 16, 2012 12:37 PM

Jan 2011
I'm not disliking Eiji anyone, but I don't like him either. He's ok after this episode.
I want the 33 year old guy (Nakai) to succeed, I feel sorry for him.
The new Albino guy is quite the punk.
I noted that this show's character designs are really realistic, all characters so far have realistic hair color and it wouldn't look (that) strange in real life.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 17, 2012 3:37 PM

Nov 2011
God assistants are pretty op!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Sep 27, 2012 11:46 AM

May 2011
Was not expecting that change from Nizuma at the end. Seeing him with a slightly more down to earth character was a really nice change.

The way they explained the whole process in making a good manga makes a lot of sense. I can see people trying to make something through the use of just cool characters, but unless something is added to make it more interesting, it is bound for failure.
May 15, 2013 5:14 AM

Sep 2012
Eiji is so funny XD
Poor Nakai.. Fukuda is cool lol.
May 24, 2013 3:49 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode. Really fun to watch.
Dec 10, 2013 9:51 AM

May 2012
Quite a lovely episode, enjoyed the couple new characters and well it was quite a nice experience for Mashiro as well! It also seems Akito and Miyoshi are hitting it off quite good! He didn't appeared a lot but well his development is going steady as well!
Dec 13, 2013 3:05 PM

May 2013
Poor nakai san
Jan 10, 2014 1:04 PM

Apr 2011
This episode was the best yet, two interesting new characters with a lot of emotion and also some development from Eiji!! He is actually so likable for a rival! I'm so excited to see what happens, I wish that all of them could get serialized. The other (older) background assistant is really bringing a lot of heartfelt emotions into this anime; I love how they showed his talents.
Jan 14, 2014 10:14 AM

Aug 2013
It was great to see that Nizuma also have his flaw as a mangaka.

This new Fukoda is also cool.

Poor Nakai, or whatever his name was, getting denigrated by much younger people xD

I was scared that by working with Nizuma, it would seclude our duo, but Mashiro still seem to believe in Takagi.

By working the three of them together, he should learn something.

The last frames of the preview were hilarious xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 17, 2014 10:34 PM

Mar 2012
Never thought I'd see the day when Nizuma would act like a normal person even if it was just for a bit o.O
Sep 25, 2014 8:04 PM

Jul 2014
ahhh, to me, this was the most interesting episode in a while. i just couldn't take my eyes off the screen!
Nov 18, 2014 5:01 PM

Nov 2013
The assistants are cool, love how everyone pulled together to help him out. I love when characters don't dick other people over who are trying to achieve the same dream as them, I mean the guy is really impressionable in such company and I'm happy they don't take advantage of it ^~^ Gives off a really good feel.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 16, 2014 10:35 PM
Jun 2013
Amazing episode! This might be my favorite episode so far. Wow Mashiro is really helping Eiji like this?! This is awesome. I love their chemistry too (a bit better than Takagi tbh, but time will tell). Also I'm just now noticing how refreshing things are with 2 new characters. Another rival!

And I guess Nakai is an example of the failure that is possible for Mashiro. 33 years old being out done by kids half his age, crying himself to sleep wishing he could get serialized. It's a harsh reality but everybody can't be Oda.
animeguy17Dec 16, 2014 10:41 PM
Feb 28, 2015 7:12 AM

Feb 2015
This was nice episode. It was fun to see that even Eji isn't perfect.
The new guy, Fukuda, is also really cool (and quite funny although little mean). I like him!

I hope there is more Takagi in the next episode
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Mar 26, 2015 5:28 PM

Jun 2009
Niizuma has gotten A LOT better. Great episode.
Sep 10, 2015 4:56 AM
Mar 2013
Looks like they all influence each other in a positive way...Except Shinta on the chubby guy, of course.
Sep 5, 2016 12:04 AM

Nov 2011
Been wanting to write a book for a while, this ep kinda gave me extra motivation i was looking for.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 27, 2016 3:19 PM

Sep 2013
Really good episode. I'm gaining more respect for Eiji.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 3, 2017 4:18 AM

Aug 2014
Poor Nakai has a rough time going lol. And damn Fukuda is cool af.
Aug 11, 2017 9:00 PM

Dec 2015
Some of the ideas seem to be falling flat, but Eiji's character development and the introduction of Fukuda were good!
Dec 12, 2017 8:52 AM

Apr 2015
I dunno why Fukuda reminds me of Gin from Gintama. They both have white hair and a similar facial structure, but Fukuda's hair is differently stylized. Their personalities are a little similar, though Fukuda is a bit more serious/grim in his attitude.

"We pick up the manuscripts Eiji just throws on the ground because his assistants are fucking animals to him..."

"From me? Is there anything you [i[can[/i] learn?" "I could learn how to draw manga while having an epileptic seizure."

If the most major problem with Eiji's manuscripts after drawing them in 30 minutes is that they're slightly less interesting, maybe he should spend an hour on them.

Wooow, that one guy can eat a lot. Steak, fried chicken, tuna, a banana parfait...I was expecting them to make a joke of Mashiro saying something like "Huh? You weren't ordering for both of us?"

I guess even though everyone thought Eiji didn't really need his assistants, they turned out to be beneficial for him in the long run. He's calmed down and actually apologized for being a little shit earlier. It's also good that Mashiro still remembers why he became Eiji's assistant: in order to help with his own manga.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 27, 2017 7:52 PM
Jun 2013
This episode is significantly different from the others and what I want to call a turning point in the series. There is a lot more reality in the story now. And very clear and deliberate foreshadowing with the 3 of them saying they're going to change Jack (The camera shots of the three of them was very capturing). Nakai's character is so sad and pathetic.
I feel like the biggest tone shift is how he kept getting made fun of. TBH I thought it was a bit much and a little cruel.
May 25, 2018 6:09 AM

Feb 2018
I am really starting to get attached to this crazy kid.
Nov 28, 2019 3:25 PM
Apr 2016
The white haired guy was so disrespectful and shitty, I really dislike him. Very interesting episode though.
Dec 6, 2019 11:44 PM

Mar 2015
Lol nice episode, I find it a bit strange you'd strengthen your opponent like that, but whatever floats your boat!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 29, 2020 11:41 AM

May 2018
Mashiro and the other guy actually helped Niizuma out :O what beautiful frenemies lol
Jan 9, 2021 4:26 PM

Jul 2017
Great episode, and man am I glad to see Fukuda animated again. One of my favorite Bakuman characters and definitely really underrated in comparison to a lot of his peers in my opinion. It was really interesting seeing mangaka/artists from various backgrounds and styles interact and play off each other in this episode, and it was nice seeing Fukuda despite his abrasive attitude at times, be someone who genuinely cares for the readers of the manga by thinking in their best interests, and it worked well when he and Mashiro both advice Niizuma on what he needed to improve to make Crow more interesting with a long-term appeal, especially narratively. He has fantastic art and genius-levels of talent but he's still a diamond in the rough when it comes to becoming a pro so it was humbling to see him accept criticism and even draw names and work well with the others to improve his manga. These guys are going to really become special rivals down the line.

Takagi also seems to be distracting himself a bit more from actually making progress with a concept of a story to write a name of, focusing on being at an internet cafe with Miyoshi instead, helping her with her cell phone novel. Miyoshi's grateful for Takagi helping her and spending more time with her but even she's worried now for him as he continues to just drift a bit further from his own stuff with Mashiro. Hopefully he gets back on track a bit, since Mashiro is learning a lot from his own little side journey as an assistant for Niizuma.
Jan 28, 2021 10:01 PM
Jul 2018
GREAT episode! I can see why everyone is praising! It's so different from all the other ones. I've always loved Takagi but it was really interesting seeing Mashiro interacting with this set of new characters and not being a douche. And Eiji Niizuma. When he was first introduced, he seemed like he'd be an antagonist, but that was far from the truth. He's really nice. I also thought he'd be crazy, but this episode makes him out to be such a cool guy. He's actually open to advice and criticism. He called himself a "cocky goblin," but from the start I always thought he was a relatively thoughtful individual. I really like Fukada and Nakai, the assistants. Good personalities. Fukada's a bit of a dick, but not in the way Mashiro can be. Like Mashiro said, he really is a nice guy. The way he insults Nakai isn't cool, but it was made apparent that Fukada thinks of Nakai as competent and capable (just not as a rival).

What a cool job, too. At least for them. They're already talented, so they get to spend the day drawing. And Niizuma does a lot of the work, allowing them to work on their own stuff, relax, sleep, eat, or just talk. AND they're getting paid, with living expenses covered. Fun work environment. I don't know fam, I just felt like I was there. I enjoyed myself. And most of the episode took place in a single apartment!

It's incredible how we've got an entire slice-of-life show centered around sitting around and drawing/writing.
Jul 7, 2021 11:20 PM

Jan 2020
So Eiji's editor is aware he won't success as a mangaka in the long run....feel sorry for Eiji just being used to make fast profit for the company...
Oct 14, 2021 3:58 AM

Dec 2007
so we start this mini-arc, really like mostly due the new characters nakai and fukuda and the chemistry between the four which going to be future rivals.

fukuda is great character in all means, he's kind of tsunedre in denying, mashiro telling him he's not that bad and he answer back he's bad xD
but yeah he have great ideas, and though insulting nakai he admits he have talents.

nakai doesn't show much of himself yet, but we see here great promise on him.
he actually one of the characters that shows how ohba made the characters - there's no one of them who is perfect, and theyr weakness is also they strengths, which makes them much more reality.

eiji on the other hand really continue to amaze, as he opens himself for critics, and not consider himself as top mangaka or something, but doing what he must do.

gad though this mini-arc is short, because i wanna see more of ashirogi muto.
Nov 26, 2021 9:52 PM

Feb 2019
I feel so bad for Nakai. I respect him for still chasing after his dreams after such a long time. I don't like Fukuda for his attitude in disrespecting Nakai so blatantly. After all, what's so wrong with chasing after your dreams? It doesn't always work out.

Felt especially sad when Nakai was crying at night ;-;
Jul 13, 2022 9:29 AM

Nov 2018
This guy is just ADHD incarnated
I hate everyone equally
Oct 16, 2022 2:05 PM

Jan 2020
It's nice to see the manga artists collaborating, even if it isn't their work. I mean, as bad as it can feel to support someone else's success, there definitely has to be some benefit to working on a major publication. It would be experience by proxy anyway. I certainly wouldn't mind a collaboration with people. Of course, in Niizuma's case, if the main author isn't willing to teach or even interact with their assistants, I suppose it could be frustrating.

That being said, Niizuma is getting a lot of development this episode. Whereas I was okay with him failing, it's hard to root against someone who is willing to actually try and put in the work, rather than continue to rest on his laurels. I suppose, at this point, he was just young and misunderstood. But really, other than the first time he was introduced, I never particularly felt like he was a bad person anyway. It's not like he saw Moritaka and Takagi's manga and tried to sabotage it or anything.

Anyway, things seem to be going well for Moritaka. Now I just have to wonder how Takagi is doing?

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jun 7, 2023 3:43 PM

Dec 2022
Great and wholesome episode
Sep 3, 2023 11:08 AM
Jul 2017
nothing of value in the ep
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 5, 2011

130 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kanade-chan - Dec 25, 2010

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

M0ni - Dec 4, 2010

139 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.