Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 17, 2011 3:02 AM

Oct 2008
Victorique is so pretty when she runs. Glitteryyyyy~
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 3, 2011 1:23 AM

Dec 2009
-Lunacie said:
AmberFebruary said:
-Lunacie said:
Ugh, the reasoning behind some of the culprits is too narrow, and I hate how Victorica can just suddenly get so many answers without any real investigation and only a little deduction. I prefer mysteries that lead up to the solution and build on suspects and evidence, not just a detective blowing on a pipe and suddenly knowing all the exact specifics.

oh you may be watching a different episode because nothing has been solved yet, the METHOD OF THE CRIME has been explained but nothing has been answered yet, and the solution to those methods has been deducted by Victorica due to EVIDENCES GOT FROM GLAVIEL'S INVESTIGATIONS, EVIDENCES INCLUDES PHYSICAL OBJECTS OR THINGS USE FOR THE CRIME, TESTAMENTS FROM WITNESSES AND ANY OTHER INFORMATION OR BACKGROUND REGARDING TO THOSE INVOLVE IN THE CRIME. BUT ALL VICTORICA HAVE DEDUCTED ARE JUST THE METHODS AND ARE THE CULPRIT OR POSSIBLE CULPRIT, NOTHING HAS BEEN MADE CERTAIN YET DUE TO THE FACT THAT WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE MOTIVE AND THE IDENTITY OR CHARACTER BIO OF THE MURDERER AND THE VICTIM.

haven't you noticed, Kujo is always asking the question "WHY WOULD SHE DO THAT? twice, one in each case but is interrupted because the answer is not yet to be revealed this episode. IT'S THE SAME WITH THE CASE IN EPISODE 1 w/c only had been made clear in episode 3.

TYPING IN ALL CAPS DOESN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR POINT. I understand without it, so stop. -__-

Anywayyy, I never said anything was solved, and most of my post was directed towards the first part of the show involving the biker and also towards the previous cases.

I think what -Lunacie was getting at was her way of explaining things. For me it's the same, she sort of always explains things in a "nothing but the truth" way. Like "It has to be this no matter what and I am absolutely correct". I mean sure her explanations make sense, but it does not satisfy me as a viewer because there is still room for error. For instance, lets take a look at the "corner of the eye" example. As an explanation sure it is valid, but how can one be 100% certain that that is exactly what it was and not something else? The human mind is complex and not always predictable, and to just use the "corner of the eye" as an explanation seems rather..well..bullshit. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, for I am not an expert in the field of psychology.
DavyuJul 3, 2011 1:33 AM
Jul 18, 2011 9:38 PM

Apr 2011
This episode sometimes made me feel I was watching something like CSI.
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Sep 6, 2011 10:28 PM

Jul 2010
Davyu said:
she sort of always explains things in a "nothing but the truth" way. Like "It has to be this no matter what and I am absolutely correct". I mean sure her explanations make sense, but it does not satisfy me as a viewer because there is still room for error. For instance, lets take a look at the "corner of the eye" example. As an explanation sure it is valid, but how can one be 100% certain that that is exactly what it was and not something else? The human mind is complex and not always predictable, and to just use the "corner of the eye" as an explanation seems rather..well..bullshit. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, for I am not an expert in the field of psychology.

that was probably the one part that seems VERY unrealistic, but than again, if things are realistic, than it gets boring, (probably half the reason why were watching anime, lol)
btw every single time i see her with the blowpipe, i always start imagining one of the phoenix wright songs, the "thinking" one specifically, lol

Oct 31, 2011 2:36 AM

Jun 2011
All these cases are just too easy. I'm not boasting myself but even I can solve the cases in this series. It just Kujou and Grevil that are too stupid to not figure out the crimes.

I expected this series will be more Vic's psychological thinking against all these cases, some twists in the facts and reasoning but so far this series had let me down =(
Nov 16, 2011 9:21 PM

Oct 2008
I wish I had teachers like this :$
Jan 14, 2012 11:55 PM

Jun 2010
I really like the teacher! She's great!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2012 4:33 PM

Mar 2009
The case was kinda boring but Avril seemed really suspicious.
Aug 6, 2012 3:45 PM

Jul 2012
lanachan said:
Maxim's body scared the hell out of me. Especially since I was watching this in a wide-screen monitor .___.

Sameeee! >.< SCREAMERS. GAH.

Avril is so suspicious. XD The teacher is so bubbly and nice. :D

I'm pretty sure the bike guy head chopped off had to do with the whole Maxim case. LOL I think its the missing corpse? IDK. And Avril must have a relation to this too.

And gotta say, I love the ending theme. : ) Like the song, not the animation.
Oct 2, 2012 10:00 AM

Sep 2012
The scenes in which Grevil lose important parts of the explanation whenever he enters the elevator are the best!
Oct 30, 2012 8:24 AM

Sep 2010
Snowical said:
She really is the Golden Fairy.. *_*;;

''If you're a gentleman, maybe I'm a goddess.''

''My greatest enemy is boredom, but my second greatest enemy is commotion. I see that though you drive away my greatest enemy, you are my second greatest enemy.''

I see that Victorique is intelligent as always, got to love that.

Oh yes. Those were my favourite quotes from the episode.

Also, angry Victorique! (Jealous, perhaps?)
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Feb 25, 2013 10:15 PM

Sep 2012
I must say, tsunderes certainly start young.

And I still love when she pulls out that pipe! It's adorable!
Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?
Mar 9, 2013 11:54 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty good
Jul 25, 2013 10:30 PM
Jul 2013
I was screaming at how retarded the arrest was. Okay, so a guy gets murdered in the middle of nowhere, and the only witness of the event reports it. OBVIOUSLY THE WITNESS IS THE CRIMINAL BECAUSE HE COULDN'T HAVE JUST LEFT THE SCENE WITHOUT ANYONE KNOWING AT ALL AND PRETENDED THAT NOTHING HAPPENED. Sure, the old reverse psychology thing when if you're the person who reported it then you're the suspect thing can work, but it doesn't when the reporter was the only witness within a mile radius.

I have to say that some of Victorique's deductions aren't very reliable logically. Just because Kujo thought about how much he likes blonde girls doesn't mean the culprit was blonde. The reason for her deduction didn't make sense whatsoever. It could be true, but it hasn't been proven yet. I also hate how no one went, "What the fuck," at her explanation for the suspect being blonde. Also her half-brother is retarded too for arresting someone out of the blue just for having the 3 characteristics that Victorique provided. Being a blonde woman with a cut on her hands doesn't necessary link you to the crime unless it's proven that you were actually in the vicinity of the crime.

I'm imagining in my mind that Victorique is a normal human playing around with a bunch of dogs that just believes whatever she says.
night97Jul 25, 2013 10:47 PM
Mar 18, 2014 7:30 AM

Sep 2011
I really hope that Avril is the killer just so that she disappears. I really don't want this anime to turn into a love triangle or a harem for Kujou, which I'm pretty sure it will if Avril is innocent and stays...
Apr 20, 2014 5:04 PM

Jun 2009
This episode was good. I liked how somehow the little stories all come together as one, like Millie Marl, the guy that someone (maybe Avril?) and the golden fairy all seem to be related. The thing here is that some of the many things that are happening are OLD already, is not that it's not interesting, but it's just not new. I'm just really hoping that the whole anime is not going to be about stories I already know.
Apr 29, 2014 10:33 PM
Mar 2013
Well the mysteries are sure getting stranger. A bikers head comes off? Talk about strange. And I don't know about you but I don't trust Avril.

night97 said:
I was screaming at how retarded the arrest was. Okay, so a guy gets murdered in the middle of nowhere, and the only witness of the event reports it. OBVIOUSLY THE WITNESS IS THE CRIMINAL BECAUSE HE COULDN'T HAVE JUST LEFT THE SCENE WITHOUT ANYONE KNOWING AT ALL AND PRETENDED THAT NOTHING HAPPENED. Sure, the old reverse psychology thing when if you're the person who reported it then you're the suspect thing can work, but it doesn't when the reporter was the only witness within a mile radius.

I have to say that some of Victorique's deductions aren't very reliable logically. Just because Kujo thought about how much he likes blonde girls doesn't mean the culprit was blonde. The reason for her deduction didn't make sense whatsoever. It could be true, but it hasn't been proven yet. I also hate how no one went, "What the fuck," at her explanation for the suspect being blonde. Also her half-brother is retarded too for arresting someone out of the blue just for having the 3 characteristics that Victorique provided. Being a blonde woman with a cut on her hands doesn't necessary link you to the crime unless it's proven that you were actually in the vicinity of the crime.

I'm imagining in my mind that Victorique is a normal human playing around with a bunch of dogs that just believes whatever she says.
Yeah, I had a few problems with Victorique's deductions as well. For the sake of plot progression we'll just have to accept that Victorique is not your average detective. She can tap into some sort of mystical energy that allows her to deduce certain things no matter how implausible they are.
Sep 13, 2014 5:50 PM

Aug 2013
My reaction to the bike scene :

Seriously, the way he hitted the wall was so goofy and his pose in the air, then he lost his head...

It would be too easy if that transfered (lol, so cliche) student was the culprit. She's probably related to another case. But her ''I fell'' excused is bullshit. SHe could have said at least, I cutted my hand while cooking or something like that...

Soooo, that Millie Mark was a yandere? Just kiddin'
I guess it isn't the end of that case though.

Mysterious Victorique... She's so mysterious, that softie tsundere loli.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 2, 2014 8:51 AM

Jun 2014
Most excuses would have been better than "I fell"

Jan 18, 2015 1:31 PM

Dec 2014
Wow, Victorique is amazing *-*
Why that woman "kills" the motocycle driver? I hope to see a continuation of this case.
Feb 2, 2015 1:37 PM

Apr 2012
icerain5645 said:
Hmm. I don&#039;t really understand why the crypt is there in the first place...it seems very abnormal for a school to handle the funeral. Wasn&#039;t this a prestigious academy for the aristocracy? It&#039;s not like their parents couldn&#039;t afford to have the kid sent back to them, and have their own grand funeral. Maybe it&#039;s customary in the country they&#039;re in or something, but I wouldn&#039;t leave my child on a slab in a room full of random former students and faculty members. Wait, wealthy nobles would probably have their own family crypt, right? Why was there even a graveyard on the school grounds, anyway?

Hahahah tbh this was the only thing that was niggling at me from this episode too. I guess I'll just have to think of it as a strange custom in that imaginary country, like you said...
Mar 6, 2015 7:51 PM
Jul 2014
Another big mystery... Interesting:)
Mar 16, 2015 9:46 PM

Sep 2014
zat-bust said:
Most excuses would have been better than "I fell"
Dec 1, 2016 2:19 AM

Jun 2013
Yes, Avril is obviously up to something, but what? Why did she need the book she found in the crypt?

Vic still has the best lines though.
Dec 21, 2016 10:12 PM

Mar 2015
How come the head is still intact until crush when beheaded? Plothole?

3.2/5
Jan 31, 2017 5:25 PM

Oct 2016
I actually managed to solve that mystery with the motorcyclist :P Avril definitely seems suspicious so far.
Mar 16, 2017 8:03 AM

Feb 2013
I wonder what is that book about, I hope that Victorique isn't in danger.
May 26, 2017 11:31 AM

Nov 2016
The mytery aspect is poorly again, this show is saved by it's characters and presentation.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 26, 2017 9:00 AM

Sep 2014
soo a "mystery anime" which only gives you the necessary hints AFTER the case is solved by the power of plot is consideres very good?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 17, 2019 10:04 PM

Dec 2014
well if you have a blonde fetish you are in luck MC because everyone in this country has blonde hair

either way I am hoping the mystery aspect of the show improves. Pretty discouraging so far but its just the beginning. I'm not really feeling the characters tbh.
Feb 23, 2020 11:42 AM

Dec 2019
Avril is really suspicious, damn that corpse scared the shit out of me xD
                                                         🖤   

Jul 23, 2022 3:37 PM

Mar 2019
This story is even more interesting. Grevil's answer at the end was very weird, instead of the elevator going down at the worst time, now he got to listen everything Victorique had to say. I thought he would make a joke again, talking to Kujo instead like he always does.

"Gray wolf" does sound very interesting, I wonder if its meaning is more than just him disliking his little sister.

The case itself is also interesting with that. Is that girl's hand decaying and that's why she had it covered? Or has she reincarnated somehow because she looks somewhat different now.

Only 4 episodes in and it's already intriguing.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 25, 2022 9:54 AM
Dec 2022
Goski is just real special to me.
Apr 5, 2023 11:09 AM

Feb 2022
-> Daydream about having a blonde girlfriend
-> Saw a crime & almost get arrested
-> A girl with a blonde hair transfer into his class
-> The girl gets friendly with him
-> Got involved on a new mystery

That's Kazuya "The Black Reaper" for ya, everywhere he goes trouble will follow...

But he's lucky, because he have a gothic detective at his side.
Jul 4, 2023 6:50 AM

Aug 2019
so far the culprits have been quite obvious though the methdos havent
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 4:13 AM

Apr 2013
Her brother is a fucking moron, how could he achieve such a position being this dumb?
Mar 14, 7:13 PM

Dec 2022
smoking her pipe, getting bored between cases, she is literally Sherlock Holmes. but WHO... or WHAT is she really??
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

518 by BlueishDesert »»
Apr 18, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.