Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 29, 2011 3:26 PM
Jan 2011
Dan777 said:
I don't see whats wrong with Touma being treated anywhere but Academy City it's not like Imagine Breaker shows up on any tests.

I like how when looking for Touma Misaka goes to the hospital and leaves a message with the frog faced doctor.

what volume does the next major event with Accelerator occur when he fights that other guy?

V.12 at the end continued on V.13
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Jan 29, 2011 5:27 PM

Apr 2010
Gangler said:
I really don't get why Biagio gets so much flak. People criticize him for being selfish and... blasphemous? Yeah, I don't get it. He's all about smiting the sinners, unbelievers, heretics and heathens. It's a perfectly valid religious focus backed by a great many bible passages, lots of catholic specific dogma, and likely the actual calling assigned to him by his church. He's about as selfish as any of the mormon missionaries who give two years of their young lives to preach the word of their lord without profit or gain. He's the rough character design of Alexander Anderson, who I wouldn't describe as a selfish blasphemer so much as an awesome crusader. Heck, that's pretty much what he was doing. A crusade. Wiping out a new belief system that is offensive to their lord.
Forcing your own believes upon others is also a form of being selfish.
People like that are just obsessed believing that they way of there religion is the only way someone can live.
Someone who is obsessed is a danger not only to those around him but also to themselves, since they will stop at nothing to achieve there goals.

There is nothing wrong with trying to spread a religion but don't force people into it.

As for this episode it was very action based tho it did show some things about the Roman Catholic church or rather the pope in this case.
Who seems to disapprove of Academy city and science.
And he is willing to kill millions destroy society and bring it back to the middle ages in other words he is acting out of his obsession and out of greed since he would gain from this.
All that in order to gain more power.
IndexFanboy214 said:
"‘Kamijou Touma. Quickly investigate the above named person. If he’s confirmed to be an enemy of God, eliminate him’.
Even if the Roman Catholics want to mobilise, or even send out ‘God’s Right Seat’, they have to prepare a document to allow an assassination.
The order will be carried out within 5 days."
This is just more prove of how obsessed the leaders of the Roman Catholic Church are aiming to take out every obstacle that gets in there way.
And it seems they see Touma as a major threat.
Jan 29, 2011 5:35 PM

Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
You obviously have not seen the hentai fan mangas out there of Touma x Misaka my friend. :P They are really well showed and rather serious than just all sex.

I've seen a few...they're ok

But, I just don't think they match up as well as many people think they do.

I mean as a FANBOY, I would love Mikoto to turn Yuri and be with Kuroko, but I know that is unrealistic nor would it make much sense.

Touma and Mikoto just seems like an odd pairing to me, although it could just be me.

After all, Mikoto is one of my TOP 10 favorite anime girls, and I DON'T LIKE TOUMA, I don't hate him, I just think he's Below average as the main protagonist.

Seeing one of my favorite anime girls with a character I don't like irks me.
Jan 29, 2011 5:37 PM

Aug 2010
Finally all the bullshit is over and we get some fucking LAST ORDER next arc.

Bout damn time, this season has been pretty meh.
Jan 29, 2011 5:54 PM

Aug 2010
A little religion lesson and another falcon punch to boot! Is there an arc where he DOESN'T Punch someone? Well at least next episode will have more biribiri.
Jan 29, 2011 6:10 PM

Apr 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
with that looks like a massive battle continuing from last time, the plan to show that was rather nice although I was surprised that there were ice cannonballs. I would think of a different type of projectile used since last time it blew up the whole ship. So I am assuming that if Touma touches that big ice ball besides Agnese, all the fleet is gone?
I was wondering about that as well that sphere seemed to be the core of the magic tho it's unknown why Touma didn't touch it.
I guess he didn't feel like swimming tho the Amakusa could have made a ship with there magic.

Yumekichi11 said:
I loved the sudden pincer attack by the Amakusa in order to help out Lucia and Angelene.
It would have been to much for those two to handle by themselves and it seems they might be future members of the Anglican church as well.
Since there actions will have consequences.

Yumekichi11 said:
Now starting with Touma, kind surprised in general that his cell phone and Index's cellphone worked in the middle of the sea. Regardless Touma definitely had the bad-ass expression more than once. That Touma punch in the spoiler
was fantastic. My most favorite one because a)it's not a girl and b)Biagio so deserved apart from other betraying God himself with his shit ass selfishness. I was also satisfied
Yes seems like Touma redeemed himself a bit tho he should learn not to hit woman, he will get in trouble with feminist organizations if he continues.
Also don't underestimate the European mobile network it should work fine if they where near a coastal settlement...

Yumekichi11 said:
About Biagio, he is strong but also a piece of shit ass! OMG he fucking
kicked Agnese! The SOB did that to my favorite nun. Just rage that's all.
He might be a Bishop but he is no gentlemen.
That he sacrifices his own men and also attacked Orsola shows that he truly is a scum bag.

Yumekichi11 said:
So after the capital ship capsized, I assume the rest was gone and that's why Touma was floating around in the water. They kind of rushed to him being suddenly in the hospital.
That scene also confirmed something.
Either there afraid that Esper's might be investigated suggesting there powers might even alter there body.
Or the doctor knows something about Touma's Imagine Breaker that he does not want to leak out.
And it might even be something else, in any case it's a subject of speculation.

Yumekichi11 said:
Holy shit Kanzaki sudden appearance and sudden blushing! Made my day big time but what was better is her version of being a maid in the spoiler
Aaahhhh, so MOE she is there.
Judging from her phone cal i think she was the one responsible that Touma ended up in Italy.
I somehow thought the entire arc that Touma's running into Orsola in Italy was no coincidence and that phone call seems to prove it.
And judging from Kanzaki's reaction to the maid thing it seems she has some hidden fantasies.

Yumekichi11 said:
At first I though Orsola is coming back to Academy City living with Kanzaki? To my surprise it is actually Agnese!
That came indeed as a bit of a surprise tho i don't know if it was in Academy city.
Tho it does seem they will be roommates.
Agnese could not be involved with the Roman Catholic church anymore and it was clear that she would go to the Anglican church for protection.
But ending up as the roommate of Kanzaki.
Kanzaki's power does provide a good source of protection tho.
Jan 29, 2011 6:21 PM

May 2010
I am so gonna wait like 5 weeks until the Misaka arc is over lol.
alexcampos said:

I mean as a FANBOY, I would love Mikoto to turn Yuri and be with Kuroko, but I know that is unrealistic nor would it make much sense.

Touma and Mikoto just seems like an odd pairing to me, although it could just be me.

After all, Mikoto is one of my TOP 10 favorite anime girls, and I DON'T LIKE TOUMA, I don't hate him, I just think he's Below average as the main protagonist.

I just realize you are a perv lol
desolatoJan 30, 2011 2:12 PM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 29, 2011 6:59 PM

Feb 2010
lonewolf80 said:
At least Railgun's plot actually moved along at a faster pace than that of grass growing in my backyard.
Railgun didn't even have a plot to speak of until 10 episodes in and that finished up so quick you don't really care about it at that point. The rest of the episodes were boring fanservice filler. So in a way you're right, Railgun's plot did move fast. But having a boring plot that lasts only 2-3 episodes with the bulk of the series being boring fanservice isn't exactly that great to speak of.
desolatoJan 30, 2011 2:15 PM
Jan 29, 2011 7:08 PM

Nov 2009
From a show that impressed me in the past with well thorough thinking, there was too many holes this time around.

The Pope is rather unimpressive... I would of expected him to actually be... Well whatever we get Misaka.
Jan 29, 2011 7:23 PM

Nov 2010
Yes! Next week a penalty game looking forward to see what happens and i feel sorry for Touma for not being able to spend even 1 day in Italy, what a waste. Misaka Mikoto sure has a way to get to Touma by leaving a message with the doctor, about time they get back to Academy City.
Jan 29, 2011 7:44 PM

Sep 2010
Man, I wanted to see the new OP :(

Kanzaki! <3
Jan 29, 2011 7:52 PM

Aug 2008
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING!!!!!!!!!!

Man this series sucks.

I think I'm gonna call how this next villain loses just for the lulz. I'm gonna guess she absolutely destroys Touma .... several times.... but he's gonna have a 20 minute speech, rush in and somehow land a lucky single punch that inevitably knocks her out.

Any takes on the odds of that happening???
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jan 29, 2011 8:31 PM

Feb 2009
IndexFanboy214 said:
belatkuro said:

Speaking of Kanzaki, I don't understand what Tsuchimikado meant by her troubling Touma again.

When he saved index, helped stop Gabriel, and helped save the amakusas twice.
I know all those things but the last part. Twice? Did he save the Amakusa this arc? Wasn't he the one who was saved here? That's why I was confused about that talk between Tsuchimikado and Kanzaki.
Jan 29, 2011 9:02 PM

Oct 2010
^Responses
Aversa said:
Forcing your own believes upon others is also a form of being selfish. People like that are just obsessed believing that they way of there religion is the only way someone can live.
Someone who is obsessed is a danger not only to those around him but also to themselves, since they will stop at nothing to achieve there goals.

That mentality is indeed dangerous as it led to many insanities as harsh as massacres and many deaths. Sounds to me like devil brainwashing since apparently he's been cast down towards earth.
Aversa said:
There is nothing wrong with trying to spread a religion but don't force people into it.
Exactly, forcing never worked as it escalated into wars that resulted into deaths in general.
Aversa said:
As for this episode it was very action based tho it did show some things about the Roman Catholic church or rather the pope in this case.
Who seems to disapprove of Academy city and science.
And he is willing to kill millions destroy society and bring it back to the middle ages in other words he is acting out of his obsession and out of greed since he would gain from this. All that in order to gain more power.
If I would be him, I would most likely steal the science then destroy it. Get rid of knowledge is itself going against God but then again anything to do with stealing and killing is also against him so I really cannot say anything other than Biagio being lusted by the Devil in a concoction of his own illusions of grandeur.
Confucius said:
Yeah, well so am I, see my list for that matter but if you don't bother anyone with it then I don't see anything wrong with it.
alexcampos said:
Yumekichi11 said:
You obviously have not seen the hentai fan mangas out there of Touma x Misaka my friend. :P They are really well showed and rather serious than just all sex.

Well that's fine it is your IMO but I wondering who you think Touma should be matched up to despite you hating him.
alexcampos said:

Nah, it would be nice but she does not swing that way, although I would like to know more why Shirai does.
alexcampos said:
I am more towards Touma x Index being a really bad pairing. Seen hentai fan mangas of it and don't like it at all.
alexcampos said:
After all, Mikoto is one of my TOP 10 favorite anime girls, and I DON'T LIKE TOUMA, I don't hate him, I just think he's Below average as the main protagonist. Seeing one of my favorite anime girls with a character I don't like irks me.
I will agree with your impression because me too get sometimes like in other series, like in Onii-chan no Koto nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!!
Yumekichi11Jan 29, 2011 9:55 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 29, 2011 9:08 PM
Jan 2011
belatkuro said:
I know all those things but the last part. Twice? Did he save the Amakusa this arc? Wasn't he the one who was saved here? That's why I was confused about that talk between Tsuchimikado and Kanzaki.
He helped them out when he's not really supposed to cuz he's a civilian. She worries about them alot since she was their leader.
desolatoJan 30, 2011 2:19 PM

Jan 29, 2011 9:22 PM

Jul 2009
LAST FRAME OF THE PREVIEW! YES!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 29, 2011 9:24 PM
Jan 2011
alexcampos said:

I think they are good together. If it weren't for him she'd be dead. I like him cuz he is an average guy that beats strong ass people. Ya he has Imagine Breaker, on his right hand only. I dont really get wat people want him to do, u get tired of him punching but what? You want him to get a weapon?

There is a reason why he is the #1 light novel character and the #2 anime boy.

People should read the novels and see why japan likes him.

anyway sorry for the ranting.
desolatoJan 30, 2011 2:20 PM

Jan 29, 2011 10:30 PM

May 2010
But I actually agree with alex a bit that Touma's character design is a bit average for Misaka, if he didn't have that afro hair, I might like him better.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 29, 2011 10:42 PM

Sep 2008
I wonder why it took so long for me to notice how boring Index could be... it's just moral battles and the fights are pretty boring with Touma.

I guess it just need more Oriana.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2011 11:07 PM

Jun 2008
Confucius said:
I just realize you are a perv lol

LOL, I'm just a healthy young man...

Besides, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who wants to see Mikoto X Kuroko together.

But of course I'm a realistic person, I know it's never going to happen, and I'm ok with that.

Yumekichi11 said:
Well that's fine it is your IMO but I wondering who you think Touma should be matched up to despite you hating him.

I don't hate touma, I just don't think much of him...

I don't really care who touma ends up with, just NOT Mikoto
Jan 30, 2011 1:05 AM

Feb 2010
so... touma improved his powers? how come they didnt explain it :/

accelerator apears next ep... but somehow i believe it will sucks anyway , dont look serious...
Jan 30, 2011 2:08 AM

May 2009
Vanisher said:
accelerator apears next ep... but somehow i believe it will sucks anyway , dont look serious...

Touma's powers didn't improve, it's the same as usual and believe us, the last arc will be ffffffff serious business.. You can say the next 2 or 3 eps. are the calm before the storm :D

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Jan 30, 2011 2:10 AM
Nov 2008
Horrible arc adaptation. At least it seems like they've put some effort into the next arc, but I'm doubting that really. The only good part will be the antagonist (from what I've read in the novels, she is quite a good character).
Jan 30, 2011 3:28 AM

Aug 2009
Kanzaki maid outfit imagination was the highlight of this episode for me.
Jan 30, 2011 6:51 AM

Jun 2008
Touma what happened to you? Your punches should only be for beautiful babes and cute lolis. You can't waste them on guys.

Gangler said:

I really don't get why Biagio gets so much flak. People criticize him for being selfish and... blasphemous? Yeah, I don't get it. He's all about smiting the sinners, unbelievers, heretics and heathens. It's a perfectly valid religious focus backed by a great many bible passages, lots of catholic specific dogma, and likely the actual calling assigned to him by his church. He's about as selfish as any of the mormon missionaries who give two years of their young lives to preach the word of their lord without profit or gain. He's the rough character design of Alexander Anderson, who I wouldn't describe as a selfish blasphemer so much as an awesome crusader. Heck, that's pretty much what he was doing. A crusade. Wiping out a new belief system that is offensive to their lord.

Wtf are you talking about dude. You call killing anyone who disagrees with you as an awesome crusader? I call that a ruthless murderer.
And his view of course is blasphemous and not religiously valid at all because his own religion teaches exactly the opposite from such actions.
His religion obviously wasn't Christianity but the church. He cared more for what the pope ordered him to do than the words of Christ himself. If he believes he is serving under God and his a Cristian then his a blasphemous because his actions are against their teachings. His god was the pope and the catholic church as an organization and not the Christian god.
Jan 30, 2011 6:55 AM

Feb 2008
More Itsuwa screentime was the only good thing about this arc. What a letdown. A stupid antagonist and plot in general. With ridiculous things such as Touma getting crushed by the crosses and then not injured at all.

Jan 30, 2011 7:06 AM

Sep 2008
Monad said:

Wtf are you talking about dude. You call killing anyone who disagrees with you as an awesome crusader? I call that a ruthless murderer.

wikipedia said:
The Crusades were a series of religiously sanctioned military campaigns, waged by much of Roman Catholic Europe, particularly the Franks of France and the Holy Roman Empire.

It was a crusade. He was a crusader. I fail to see how his willingness to kill detracts from this, in fact it would seem to be a necessary trait in a crusader.

Once again, never argued that he wasn't evil. However his actions were indeed backed by many bible passages, and he was attempting to save the eternal souls of mankind. I don't see why this is such a disagreeable concept to everyone.

He's a villain. What do you want from him? Creating twenty thousand lives just to kill them for the sole sake of attaining power is selfish. Forcing a small child with a medical condition to memorize limitless amounts of dangerous information, thus dooming her to a lifetime on the run, confused about what's even happening, with your reasoning being "Just in case we ever need one of those". That's selfish.

Considering what even the "good guys" of this series are guilty of, it seems odd to me that the man seeking to destroy what he perceives to be the largest source of evil and suffering within the world so that the world will be a happier place is the man who stands out as a selfish individual. Evil yes. Misguided yes. Highly dangerous yes. Psychopathic? Certainly. Selfish? Mildly at best.

That's all I was commenting on. We've seen a lot, and this guy seems to get significantly more hate for his selfishness than any number of individuals who's actions have been significantly more selfish than his.
Jan 30, 2011 7:38 AM

Feb 2010
Aezile said:
Vanisher said:

Touma's powers didn't improve, it's the same as usual and believe us, the last arc will be ffffffff serious business.. You can say the next 2 or 3 eps. are the calm before the storm :D

how did he stopped the magic from range then Oo
Jan 30, 2011 9:28 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Vanisher said:
how did he stopped the magic from range then Oo
Well you have to look at how that cross operated in the first place: a ranged spell that extended itself. Touma, by touching the extension of the spell itself effectively allowed his canceling ability to propagate back towards the source and destroying it.
desolatoJan 30, 2011 2:17 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 30, 2011 10:10 AM

Nov 2007
didn't really like this arc. his vacation in Italy was pretty shitty. after these 2 arcs I'm sick of the roman catholic storyline. at least the next episodes seem to get better with appearances by Acceletaro and Misaka. Kanzaki now does nothing but pine over Touma? same shit from Touma here too.
Jan 30, 2011 10:48 AM
Nov 2009
Touma touching air to dispel the weight spell = most retarded thing ever.

This means he shouldn't have been affected by it previously. Way to be retarded with the fight.
Jan 30, 2011 12:35 PM

Aug 2008
I thought it was pretty funny the way Touma kept screaming the bishop's name lol. :D
Jan 30, 2011 12:58 PM

Jul 2010
wakka9ca said:
Well you have to look at how that cross operated in the first place: a ranged spell that extended itself. Touma, by touching the extension of the spell itself effectively allowed his canceling ability to propagate back towards the source and destroying it.
i was wondering, why there was blood.
desolatoJan 30, 2011 2:17 PM
Jan 30, 2011 1:48 PM

Oct 2009
Less Touma fighting plz.
Jan 30, 2011 1:50 PM
Jan 2011
Tsuki-Hime said:
Its in my opinion as a novel reader a MAJOR forshadowing. REMEMBER THIS FOR WHEN THE TIME COMES!
desolatoJan 30, 2011 2:16 PM

Jan 30, 2011 3:42 PM

Oct 2010
IndexFanboy214 said:
Tsuki-Hime said:
Its in my opinion as a novel reader a MAJOR forshadowing. REMEMBER THIS FOR WHEN THE TIME COMES!

Let me take a wild guess Touma has regenerative powers somehow? They only work on himself.
mystik said:
after these 2 arcs I'm sick of the roman catholic storyline.
Finally someone said except I was already sick even when the first arc came around in regards to that storyline. I just decided that it was really a comedic mockery of my beliefs despite finding entertaining it quickly stalled for me.

Jan 30, 2011 4:06 PM
Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
IndexFanboy214 said:
Tsuki-Hime said:

Let me take a wild guess Touma has regenerative powers somehow? They only work on himself.
mystik said:
Finally someone said except I was already sick even when the first arc came around in regards to that storyline. I just decided that it was really a comedic mockery of my beliefs despite finding entertaining it quickly stalled for me.

Ask me on my profile, no spoiling here. -_-

Jan 30, 2011 4:15 PM
Nov 2008
I liked how Touma could destroy the ship this episode, but not in the last two episodes.

Yeah, that makes tons of sense.
Jan 30, 2011 4:19 PM

Sep 2008
Yumekichi11 said:

mystik said:

It doesn't really strike me as a comedic mockery so much as merely a manifestation of the fictional setting. The Roman Catholic church is a very different church today than it was a thousand years ago. Teaches a very different set of values. In this setting they aren't, and neither are any of the other churches really. The British Puritans have similarly been portrayed more in line with their history and less in line with their present. Heck, one could argue that the scientific community is portrayed pretty poorly within the show as well.

When the roman catholics command the largest force of warlocks and soldier-nuns on the planet, I think that's about the moment we get to stop expecting too much resemblance between them and existing religions. Iirc the church also has pretty harsh views on witchcraft;)

That being said the next arc should be a pleasant change of pace^^ They've given themselves eight episodes to do it. That should be more than enough. If they butcher it I'll be pissed. As far as I'm concerned it wouldn't matter what they did with the rest of the season so long as it meant they got this one arc right. They cut volume eight to 2 episodes and they did this arc in three when it really could have used that fourth episode. Animation quality has been dropping throughout the season. I'm hoping this next arc is why.

I suspect that the oversaturation of roman catholics has been building us up to something. The first season really was much more diverse with its' villains:( Been having fun, but we haven't really had anything as good as Izzard or the Sister Arc yet... Season one we didn't see the same kind of villain twice. Season two we've had over half of our villains come from the same group sharing similar motivations.

Onibokusu said:
I liked how Touma could destroy the ship this episode, but not in the last two episodes.

Different Ship. People complain about the exposition, but when they cut back look what happens:P
Jan 30, 2011 4:31 PM
Nov 2008
Gangler said:

Different Ship. People complain about the exposition, but when they cut back look what happens:P

It's the same plot hole.
Jan 30, 2011 4:37 PM

Sep 2008
Onibokusu said:
Gangler said:

It's the same plot hole.

Lol yes. I was being humorous. The arc was full of plot wholes, and the joke was that a couple minutes of exposition could have easily fixed that. It plays on the fact that the overuse of exposition was a common complaint in season one, but season two has less exposition and has been suffering because of it.

And now we've effectively killed the joke...
GanglerJan 30, 2011 4:40 PM
Jan 30, 2011 5:16 PM

Oct 2010
Gangler said:
Yumekichi11 said:

mystik said:

It doesn't really strike me as a comedic mockery so much as merely a manifestation of the fictional setting. The Roman Catholic church is a very different church today than it was a thousand years ago. Teaches a very different set of values. In this setting they aren't, and neither are any of the other churches really. The British Puritans have similarly been portrayed more in line with their history and less in line with their present. Heck, one could argue that the scientific community is portrayed pretty poorly within the show as well.
Agreed to this. They have been portrayed as they were in the past without any evolution. One can argue that it is almost as the portraying of how the Church may change due to one's person actions alone. Touma indeed has been shapping a lot of characters around, specifically Kanzaki and Magnus.
Gangler said:
When the roman catholics command the largest force of warlocks and soldier-nuns on the planet, I think that's about the moment we get to stop expecting too much resemblance between them and existing religions. Iirc the church also has pretty harsh views on witchcraft;)
Once again it was like that in the past and IRL history it goes back to the Church employing magic mixed within their own beliefs hence where exorcism and angel magic came into view along with the knights but I have yet to see a true Knight Templar with powerful magic appear. Those knights with Gregory's chant in season 1 do not make up that expectation. I want sword wielding tough Hulk powerful magic user knight templar to show up.
Gangler said:
That being said the next arc should be a pleasant change of pace^^ They've given themselves eight episodes to do it. That should be more than enough. If they butcher it I'll be pissed. As far as I'm concerned it wouldn't matter what they did with the rest of the season so long as it meant they got this one arc right. They cut volume eight to 2 episodes and they did this arc in three when it really could have used that fourth episode. Animation quality has been dropping throughout the season. I'm hoping this next arc is why.

I agree and am hoping next arc will have a pleasant up in quality.
Gangler said:
I suspect that the oversaturation of roman catholics has been building us up to something. The first season really was much more diverse with its' villains:( Been having fun, but we haven't really had anything as good as Izzard or the Sister Arc yet... Season one we didn't see the same kind of villain twice. Season two we've had over half of our villains come from the same group sharing similar motivations.
Agreed also, the diversification should be upped and unfortunately I can only hope that season 3 will give us exactly that, if they can remove the ecchi parts that the ban will not tolerate, I do not see a problem other than perhaps the violence that may issue. Toning that down would not be good IMO.

Jan 30, 2011 5:59 PM
Jan 2011
Onibokusu said:

If u watch it again index says briefly that this ship is embedded with magic UNLIKE THE OTHERS

Jan 30, 2011 6:22 PM
Nov 2008
IndexFanboy214 said:
Onibokusu said:

If u watch it again index says briefly that this ship is embedded with magic UNLIKE THE OTHERS

Your username describes you too well, so much so that it shrouds the fact that that is not the explanation in the novels. Go and read them.
Jan 30, 2011 6:41 PM
Jan 2011
Onibokusu said:
Your username describes you too well, so much so that it shrouds the fact that that is not the explanation in the novels. Go and read them.

Im sorry about the name, I hate it ,but i suck at making usernames so i came up with the something cheesy. Anyway i do read the novels. Im up to date with V.22.
I know what ur talking about

but the anime did it a bit differently having index not mention that it has a magic lock and went straight to touma punching it. Then index said "Unlike the escort ships, this ship has magic embedded through out its structure" Which is no different than the novels explanation minus the block structure explanation.
desolatoFeb 1, 2011 9:50 AM

Jan 30, 2011 9:42 PM

Sep 2008
Yumekichi11 said:

Once again it was like that in the past and IRL history it goes back to the Church employing magic mixed within their own beliefs hence where exorcism and angel magic came into view along with the knights but I have yet to see a true Knight Templar with powerful magic appear. Those knights with Gregory's chant in season 1 do not make up that expectation. I want sword wielding tough Hulk powerful magic user knight templar to show up.

Lol yes. I get the impression those knights really were quite powerful. Too bad Kanzaki killed them at the beginning of volume seven. Doesn't matter how good they were, she's a saint (Izzard was also kind of a rigged fight lol). You're right though, I'd like to see one of those too. A real Paladin type character with Holy magic and Righteous Fury. We get a lot of Priest types but where's a knight when you need one?

I suspect the reason they're suspiciously absent is because Touma does poorly against armed opponents. Just look back to volume one when Kanzaki beat him senseless without breaking a sweat or even unsheathing her sword. If he encountered a real badass with a good two handed blade it might not end too well. Basically the same reason the Touma's villain of the week never walks up with a handgun. Touma's reaction "Oh Noes!!! Bullets are my Kryptonite!"

Poor guy doesn't even have a spidey sense to tell him when they're coming:(

Personally I'm a fan of how his limitations are portrayed so accurately. There was a quote in one of the books I liked. From the scene in this arc when he's diverting all the golems.
Things like numbers are a huge concern for him. I think he's got a similar situation with weapons.

So far the only armed opponent he's won against is Tatemiya, and that was through a combination of dumb luck and having Stiyl backing him up. Without Stiyl he would have lost. Timing that punch wrong would have also resulted in a pretty quick decapitation. He hasn't made a habit of such luck so I don't find it objectionable.

I'm hoping though that as the team develops it'll present opportunities for more complex stratagems as well as greater complexity and variance in the buildup to his final one on one confrontation. We all saw volume nine and ten. Straight-forward chase scenes only go so far. If we'd gotten Mikoto to hack the security cameras that arc could have bypassed about three hundred pages of uninteresting. Probably about four episodes. Then while Touma was taking care of card-girl Tsuchimikado could have focused his reconnaissance skills towards finding the brains of the outfit while Index, from a safe distance over the phone, puzzled out all that crap with how the artifact functions. Because she'd be communicating with Orsola and Sherry that would free up the dialogue on the front lines for subject matter more interesting than dumbing down the magic for Touma. I have some pretty high hopes for how this all looks once we have a formalized team.

Hoping that formalized team will also mean we can get more armed opponents, as Stiyl, Tsuchimikado, Tatemiya (really any of the amakusa), and to a degree even Misaka should all be able to handle that pretty well. We shouldn't have to rely so heavily on Touma.

Edit: found the quote, replaced my poor paraphrasing.
GanglerJan 30, 2011 10:27 PM
Jan 30, 2011 10:57 PM

Oct 2010
Gangler said:
Sherry that would free up the dialogue on the front lines for subject matter more interesting than dumbing down the magic for Touma. I have some pretty high hopes for how this all looks once we have a formalized team.
Sherry should have been included way earlier with some action with her powers. It was all good already Accelerator got some time and woooot some more next episode. I just happen he will use his powers so that action will be nice. Sherry though would be kick ass with that Golem fighting bad guys.
Gangler said:
Hoping that formalized team will also mean we can get more armed opponents, as Stiyl, Tsuchimikado, Tatemiya (really any of the amakusa), and to a degree even Misaka should all be able to handle that pretty well. We shouldn't have to rely so heavily on Touma.
Just a reminder, they might put a nice team combo with Misaka, Index and Touma because the first ED showed then meeting at the end of it. I don't think it only means the friendly reunion.

Jan 31, 2011 12:43 AM

Sep 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Sherry should have been included way earlier with some action with her powers. It was all good already Accelerator got some time and woooot some more next episode. I just happen he will use his powers so that action will be nice. Sherry though would be kick ass with that Golem fighting bad guys.

I think Sherry's switch to intelligence division was probably a good move. I can't see her contributing too much to the party balance as far as combat goes. We've already got Stiyl who's a better summoner than her and more versatile. Her golems are large, but lack the offensive and defensive capacity of Innocentius. Plus since her skills are remarkably lacking outside of the golem department she'd be pretty redundant on the front lines.

Yumekichi11 said:

Gangler said:
Just a reminder, they might put a nice team combo with Misaka, Index and Touma because the first ED showed then meeting at the end of it. I don't think it only means the friendly reunion.

Indeed. Seeing as Touma's the hero and Mikoto's the heroin, and Index is the namesake I'd be surprised if they didn't have at least those core members on the team.

I think it'll be interesting seeing how Mikoto fairs against wizards, as most have a much more versatile means of attacking than her. Plus many are trained soldiers of some form, skilled melee combatants. Mikoto, for all her esper powers, has the physical prowess of a middle school girl. Despite how powerful she is in Academy city I don't think she'll get to one shot very many opponents once she starts getting involved in magical affairs.
Jan 31, 2011 6:50 AM

Mar 2010
lol at the ice monsters trying to get to touma and gang. the theatre reminds me of the one in rupture from bioshock 2.. and with all the little "sisters" too
dewertJan 31, 2011 7:14 AM
Geso
-----:D
Feb 1, 2011 8:44 AM

Apr 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Aversa said:
From what i can tell the Adriatic Sea is 160 km width on average and from what i am able to tell there are many coastal settlements there so phone call reception is possible.
Tho i do think they have to be near to coast for that or one of the many islands there.

Yumekichi11 said:
Yes the doctor is one of the most interesting characters in this show.
And he should get way more screen time.
I personally think that this season has been missing out on 3 major characters that would definitely spice things up and make it way more interesting.
The doctor is one of them the other two are Kanzaki and Accelerator.

Yumekichi11 said:
I think it was Gangler that mentioned that Touma could have Masochistic personality disorder which seems to describe him perfectly.
Which also explains his drastic ways to help others.
It's like the author looked at the symptoms and thought hey that would make a interesting character.

Yumekichi11 said:
I never figured her as the type that would have fantasies about wearing a maid outfit.
She just doesn't look like someone that would wear such submissive clothing.
Kanzaki is a very dominant character and this is what makes her sexy and attractive, wearing a maid outfit ruins that appearance.

Yumekichi11 said:
I am actually wondering about that.
In her phone call Kanzaki mentioned that she has nothing to do with the Amakusa and more.
Could it be that she is purely part of the Anglican church now?
Since Laura Stuart also mentioned something about limiting Kanzaki's actions, and from what we seen from Laura Stuart she is a woman with lot's of tricks up her sleeves.

Gangler said:
The way the Roman Catholic church is described here is the same way Muslim extremist groups such as Al-Qaeda and Jihad view the Islam.
The same way Christianity was viewed in the middle ages.

Tho i don't think the Anglican church has been showed so extreme, but they have showed it as going as far as to kill there enemy's.
Like the way they loot out Lidvia in last arc.

I agree with you on last season like you mentioned it has been been to much of the same characters and last arc also showed more diverse reasons for there actions.
And i hope next arc will be something completely different from what we have seen up till now.
Seeing Accelerator and Last Order definitely seems to suggest such.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2010

251 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 29, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

236 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.