Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2011 11:06 PM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow.. a 24 year old getting married to 15 year old. She did the right thing imo.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 19, 2011 11:31 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
-.- Yeah though it was sad .. in GTO they still arent married right o.o? Kinda sad.. not sure if after anime in manga they marry somewhere -.-......
Jun 25, 2011 2:30 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
As far as I can remember, Riiuyji is dating some random girl in GTO, so no, they never do marry.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 1, 2011 11:21 AM

Jul 2011
Aaah that was an amazing episode. Too bad for Ryuji ... Well they might get together in 4th ot 5th episode but dont know ... They werent married in GTO >.<
Oct 18, 2011 11:45 AM

Feb 2010
Anitnelav said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow.. a 24 year old getting married to 15 year old. She did the right thing imo.

lols
Sheepshaman.png
Nov 19, 2012 6:22 PM

Sep 2010
Cradle robber!
Apr 2, 2013 2:04 PM

May 2012
Quite a good episode nice action but the rape part and with the gf character that got sold for actually nothing in return was a concept I disliked! The ending fight and the fake wedding was rather nice! but it's sad she skipped the actual wedding and left him...
May 25, 2013 2:28 AM

Mar 2010
good ep, was more interesting than the others
Jul 25, 2013 11:11 PM

May 2012
That red haired dude who sold off his girlfriend was pissing me off. What a retard. But anyway, I was surprised that Ayumi left Ryuji. So she is not Ryuji's GF that appeared in an episode in GTO then....
Dec 22, 2013 2:19 PM
May 2013
I must respect Ryuuji for hooking up with his teacher.
Marzan said:
As far as I can remember, Riiuyji is dating some random girl in GTO, so no, they never do marry.

Thank you for ruining my hopes.
rebelakuma said:
That red haired dude who sold off his girlfriend was pissing me off. What a retard.
Jan 6, 2014 12:31 PM

Mar 2012
When did Ryuuji and Ayumi even start dating? o.O Guessing they're skipping chapters from the manga which isn't a surprise since it's like 200+ chapters and this series is only 50min eps.
Aug 7, 2014 8:39 AM

Jun 2012
xAvengerx said:
When did Ryuuji and Ayumi even start dating? o.O
Thats what I wanted to know. It felt like I skipped an episode.
Dec 25, 2014 1:56 PM

Nov 2011
Things turned really dark when that rape scene happened. I don't believe any man would actually do that in real life unless he was a cuckold who enjoyed that sort of thing. In the end he ends up saving Onizuka which makes all the more fucked up because it was for nothing.
May 26, 2015 9:46 PM

Jul 2012
Farabeuf said:

"Random"
well not random at all lol
Mar 27, 2016 6:44 PM
Jul 2014
Wow, I like this show! First of all the plot is quite interesting, if not totally plausible, but i especially like how realistic the fights are! The fights are not portrayed black-white, meaning the good guys are hero's and they always win easily, with left arm and without any injury!!! On the contrary - the fights are depicted totally brutal with both sides getting beat up, broken noses, faces smashed up and teeth knocked out!!! Yeah, that's the brutal reality of fighting - even if you're winner at the end of the day, there most certainly was a huge and costly (meaning painful)
price to be payed!
Nov 3, 2016 8:31 AM

Jan 2013
It's cute when Onizuka is jealous haha. ^^

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Feb 14, 2017 10:42 PM

Jul 2015
That was a bad episode compared to the other two. So far the show's failing moments are only when it decides to take itself waaaaay too seriously. Also such a huge dip in animation quality this episode.
Drop an anime recommendation on my page or inbox.
Sep 17, 2017 6:11 AM

May 2015
This guy who sold his girlfriend was really pathetic.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 1, 2017 3:18 PM

Aug 2017
CrimsonGiant said:
That was a bad episode compared to the other two. So far the show's failing moments are only when it decides to take itself waaaaay too seriously. Also such a huge dip in animation quality this episode.
right? That's exactly what I was thinking while watching it the two first episodes where great but this one...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2017 7:04 PM

Nov 2016
Storywise the best episode,but I still prefer the other two over this one.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 19, 2019 7:17 PM

Sep 2018
This episode felt rushed and sloppy and the sudden dip in art and animation quality didn't help it either. I gave it a 3/5 just to be nice because I enjoyed the other episodes so much but I was tempted to give it a 2.
Apr 26, 2020 7:02 AM

Aug 2018
The most entertaining episode so far but the at marriage scene just doesn't look right at all...
May 31, 2020 3:10 PM
Sep 2014
This could've been a fantastic episode if it wasn't so goddamn rushed. I admit I haven't read the manga, but it definitely felt like this OVA skipped pretty sizeable chunks of this particular story arc. Hell, even the animation was pretty crap. The icing on the cake was Ayumi looking like a dude in drag instead of a woman in a bride's dress.

Definitely the worst episode so far.
Sep 10, 2020 5:46 PM

Apr 2011
Wow this episode was ugly!
Jun 8, 2021 3:01 AM
Feb 2015
I'm surprised I got so far down the thread without someone noticing that they shat the bed on the animation this episode, glad others noticed though, it was honestly really bad.
I didn't even realize who the enemies-turned-buddies from last episode were until like 15 minutes in when someone called him Saejima. Which is bc the artsyle was shit, though that's generally implied as well mean when they say animation; I digress.

I waswondering how old she was bc I realized Ryuuji was 15/16, she was 24! that's so weird, how does a 24 year old woman fall for a 15 year old?? Anyway I'm surprised they wrapped that up by ep 3, was expecting it to be resolved more quietly at the end of the show, oh well. Lol amazed that her parents even considered it.

The rape thing was pretty fucked up, both on the gangster's side as well as the shitty boyfriend. Feel like they should have just left that out, kinda dark for show, and for pretty much no reason.

Also noticed how it felt like I missed something between the episodes, like the other guy said: they couldn't adapt everything, but I feel like it could have been done better.

Overall worst episode so far, hoping the last two are better!
BluEyeJun 8, 2021 3:06 AM
Nov 28, 2021 3:56 AM

Apr 2013
Horrible episode. Bad animation, bad story and the ending was rushed as hell. In addition the characters don't look their age in the slightest and are all retarded.
Jan 22, 2022 2:04 AM

Jan 2018
EH?! Ryuji x Ayumi!? Great ship ngl. Too bad it sank on the same episode... I feel bad for Ryuji man TwT

That Yoshiaka guy is a cuckold but at least they made up at the end. If this is just one mistake he will ever make in his life and never again then I think Natsumi can forgive him. Dumping him will not make her any happier. It looks like the case was resolved anyway with Ookubo or whatever his name was. In the end I cared more about Ryuji and Ayumi's marriage probably cos I watched a lot of romance dramas before this.

The animation quality dipped so much in this episode what's up with that? The women barely even look like women wtf. I hope it won't be this bad in the last two episodes.
0451Jan 22, 2022 2:07 AM
Mar 24, 2022 1:34 AM
Jun 2020
Wtf did I just witness? A r**e victim is forgiving a man who used her? Also only in a matter of few moments without any development and explanation? This anime deserves a rating much lower than what it has now. The first two episodes were good but it suddenly nosedived steeply here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 31, 2022 1:38 PM

Nov 2013
Yeah that rape shit was cringe.
You all need to watch Nami.

Sep 18, 2022 7:02 PM

Dec 2021
The bromance was intense with this one
Oct 31, 2022 4:25 PM

Feb 2012
Honestly the first episode i enjoyed from this.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Nov 26, 2022 4:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
He has 16 and she 25!!! She did the best for both!!!! kekeke
Apr 5, 2023 6:39 PM

Jan 2020
0451 said:
EH?! Ryuji x Ayumi!? Great ship ngl. Too bad it sank on the same episode... I feel bad for Ryuji man TwT

That Yoshiaka guy is a cuckold but at least they made up at the end. If this is just one mistake he will ever make in his life and never again then I think Natsumi can forgive him. Dumping him will not make her any happier. It looks like the case was resolved anyway with Ookubo or whatever his name was. In the end I cared more about Ryuji and Ayumi's marriage probably cos I watched a lot of romance dramas before this.

The animation quality dipped so much in this episode what's up with that? The women barely even look like women wtf. I hope it won't be this bad in the last two episodes.

The dip in animation quality of this episode was probably as a result of this episode being outsourced to Studio Kuma and JCF.
Sep 2, 2023 2:52 PM
Mar 2023
The live action bit in the end was really cool.
Nov 1, 2023 12:55 PM

Nov 2010
Damn, Ryuuji got lucky with Ayumi! I thought he had already given up on her. That's so nice. Ayumi is worth studying and graduating for!
That's a delicious r*pe scene! I wish this were hentai. I want to watch the sex scene! Hehe!

Natsumi is a girl for keeps, even though she's already damaged goods. She's nice enough to forgive her asshole of a bf for selling her off for such a lame reason. I would marry her myself! As long as her pussy isn't in a horrible state and she's pretty, that's good enough for me.

So, this is how Onizuka slowly but surely created one of the most powerful gangs in the area. His group of friends is growing by the episode. He's so awesome!

Damn, that ending was so bittersweet. In an era where the internet and smartphones weren't a thing, it's easy to lose contact with someone forever. If Ryuuji has enough money, he could hire a private investigator to track her down.

Cool live-action scenes in the end. It made me feel nostalgic for some reason.
Jan 18, 11:51 PM

Nov 2012
lol twitter age gap discourse would hate this one, it was defo a weird pairing tho with a 15 year old student with one of the teachers, however it at least addressed that this relationship was wrong for Ryuji (I think that's his name, I really can't remember, the other one that isn't Onizuka). Still enjoyed this ep overall more than the first two, but I feel like there are just better delinquent anime out there, the humour isn't great, and it's more serious moments are even worse.

I feel like this is regarded as a delinquent classic but I much preferred Crows and Kyo Kara Ore Wa. Maybe it's due to it's relation to GTO, which having heard amazing things about, I'd assume it gets a lot better there? So maybe it's association to that somewhat boosts it's relevancy. Because so far to me, it's just okay at best. Hopefully the last two eps are bit more exciting.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Feb 16, 12:51 PM
Aug 2019
I am really confused. How many chapters are between ep 2 and 3? Edit: The skipped ones seem to be chapter 32-53
SinDrakeFeb 16, 5:58 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shonan Junai Gumi Episode 5 Discussion

TechDragon - Sep 7, 2009

41 by JVskunkape »»
Jan 21, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Shonan Junai Gumi Episode 4 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 28, 2011

28 by JVskunkape »»
Jan 19, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Shonan Junai Gumi Episode 2 Discussion

Scribbly - Dec 4, 2009

29 by JVskunkape »»
Jan 17, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Shonan Junai Gumi Episode 1 Discussion

TechDragon - Sep 6, 2009

34 by JVskunkape »»
Jan 17, 6:47 AM

» Is it necessary to watch this before the main series?

MrYandereFan26 - Jul 26, 2021

4 by Adampk »»
Jul 26, 2021 8:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.