Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 27, 2011 1:09 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Rather interesting fight this time since Merry lands a nice clear punch towards that dream demon,

which reminds he clearly has something to do with the Zodiac itself. His punches tend to fly around like rockets and he can even shoot beams? O_o Clearly a unique idea. Merry close up in the spoiler
is sexy pose again, clearly a bad girl pose/well build body show. Well it's all good that Merry saved Yumeji this time around again, although I was a little confused as to how and why exactly was the aura of that glasses girl different from the other ones who are about to have a dream demon visit.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 27, 2011 7:02 PM

Feb 2008
oh god merry is moe
Jan 27, 2011 7:10 PM

Jul 2009
Veronin said:
oh god merry is moe

Took the words right out of my mouth.
DEM KNEESOCKS!

Kawanami missing the train was pretty funny.

So they can exorcise the nightmares now.

LOL @ Yumeji's face with Merry's uniform!
wheresthehandleJan 27, 2011 7:32 PM
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 27, 2011 8:12 PM

Feb 2010
Meido-Merry, reporting in!

Loved Merry's expressions during the karaoke session. <3
XeoJan 27, 2011 8:21 PM
Jan 27, 2011 8:49 PM

Apr 2010
I wish this show had more of a plot than just monster of the week, but meh Merry makes up for that.

Jan 27, 2011 8:57 PM

Aug 2009
This animu has potential to be on-going. Shame that it will only be 13 episodes.

:3
Sig iz in deh makingz

Still learningz

:3
Jan 27, 2011 9:13 PM

Nov 2008
Xeo said:

^FREAKIN SAVED <333 TY xDD She's still keeping those socks xDD
Yumekichi11 said:
is sexy pose again, clearly a bad girl pose/well build body show.
^You always make me laugh when you're having hots with Merry idk why xDD

So each episode, we will see different daydreams? Fine for me, as long as I can see Merry fight at the same time having cute moments outside battle <3

PS: Hearing Yumeji's GAR speech makes me remember Accelerator that does speech like Touma o.o
DenjaXJan 27, 2011 9:21 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 27, 2011 9:16 PM

Nov 2007
it's getting a bit better, and not too repetitive yet. let's hope it stays that way. Merry is pretty moe at times.
Jan 27, 2011 9:21 PM

Feb 2010
DenjaX said:
Xeo said:

^FREAKIN SAVED <333 TY xDD She's still keeping those socks xDD

Better version, and one with transparency (even if it got bad edges) :
Jan 27, 2011 9:36 PM

Oct 2010
good episode
Merry + maid outfit= <3
Jan 27, 2011 9:53 PM

Oct 2010
Xeo said:
Yeah I saved that one too since I don't know how to make stiches of pics but yeah that is a nice pose of her.
DenjaX said:
Yumekichi11 said:
is sexy pose again, clearly a bad girl pose/well build body show.
^You always make me laugh when you're having hots with Merry idk why xDD
Well that's good to know but I think particularly the way the zoom was done and that waist being like that, it was another Merry pose as a win and that's apart from the Maid MOE one.

Jan 27, 2011 9:54 PM

Jan 2011
So far this has been a near-perfect 1:1 adaptation from the manga story-wise.

Merry in maid cosplay = KAWAII! <3
Jan 27, 2011 10:03 PM

Apr 2009
OMG Merry is so cute! And Maid outfit = win. :D
Jan 27, 2011 10:08 PM

Sep 2007
This show keeps getting better and better. Although I felt the melodrama at the end between Mei and Chris was a bit forced since it wasn't developed that well. And it finally looks like shit is about to go down next episode.

Sep 2010
Oooh, something's definitely up.
"You think you can send me back?" and "so that means what I've been doing all this time was..."

Mar 2010
I loved this episode! Everything about it seemed perfect for me! The development, the settings, everything seemed to fit. The fight scene was pretty well hyped, but low key. Next weeks episode looks pretty interesting. Oh, and boy does Merry have a nice body. (^.^)b Looking forward to the next!
Jan 27, 2011 10:26 PM

Jan 2011
i hope this is one of those animes with monster of the week but slowly land a plot without us noticing. however the 12 ep things make that chance kinda slim
Hide behind the mighty wall of internet, i shall
Jan 28, 2011 1:18 AM

Sep 2007
DAT ASS ...

Oups ... Not that "zone" ... :D
loved the picture.
Jan 28, 2011 1:35 AM

Feb 2010
nice ep and merry in a maid uniform dam you old man :D that was the best you have done so far.
Jan 28, 2011 1:37 AM

Oct 2010
I found out some other rather interesting things yet again and was wondering about some too that eluded me at first. Apparently Yumeji sucks so much at karaoke that Merry covered her ears. Apparently Saki get over hyper and excited around Mei, which really adds to comedy.

Few things I don't get, 1. WTF is up with Chizuru? One time she is in front of the train then as it comes she is gone and misses it. She was daydreaming with her dream demon suddenly and it was just not shown? 2. How the heck did Mei and Yumeji get into a day dream as the lighting felt down? Don't tell me it's because of that they entered the day dream? 3.Don't get at all why would Yumeji while reading the aura of Mei suddenly see her like that? Why does Mei have a different phone? Just because the dream demon wants to and controls around to get one for him. Looks like Merry sucks at baseball game judging from the score.

What I found interesting is the following: Notice in the spoiler from which zodiac sign Merry appear from
it's Aries zodiac sign, then read the following: http://www.psychicguild.com/horoscopes_zodiac.php?sign=Aries if you put them together, Merry's sign might be Aries because upon reading that sign, I noticed that lots of it fits Merry's personality a lot. Yumeji better man up and get on par with Merry's toughness. Rather interesting stuff from that zodiac sign.

Jan 28, 2011 2:46 AM

Jan 2010
it seems like Marina Fujiwara was singing in another room at the karaoke .
Jan 28, 2011 4:12 AM

Jan 2009
Tl;dr enjoyable episode. Though I'm still not sure what the hell I'm watching.
Also, I found the Haruhi reference funneh.
OosranJan 29, 2011 3:21 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 28, 2011 5:08 AM

Aug 2010
Interesting episode again. I really like the daydream scenes. It was nice to see Merry fighting against the (very unique) dream demon. I mean, his hands just went anywhere it was really awesome. Also, all the sexy scenes (usually subtle) with Merry really make Merry my new favorite character.
Jan 28, 2011 5:50 AM

May 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Few things I don't get, 1. WTF is up with Chizuru? One time she is in front of the train then as it comes she is gone and misses it. She was daydreaming with her dream demon suddenly and it was just not shown?

That'd be my guess as well

Yumekichi11 said:
2. How the heck did Mei and Yumeji get into a day dream as the lighting felt down? Don't tell me it's because of that they entered the day dream?

A lightning makes for a flashy entry. I dont think that there is any special reason

Yumekichi11 said:
3.Don't get at all why would Yumeji while reading the aura of Mei suddenly see her like that?

We've never seen a vessels aura before. Thats just how they appear in Yumejis eyes
Jan 28, 2011 5:52 AM

Oct 2010
Xeo said:

Yea loved that part.
Jan 28, 2011 6:08 AM

Jul 2008
Just checked the Wiki and... Yumekui Merry is a Seinen manga? Either the author doesn't know how to pick his audience or the later stuff ion the plot is something he predicted the Shounen Magazine's would not find acceptable.
Jan 28, 2011 6:35 AM

Sep 2010
Yeah the daydream scene was pretty cool (Especially Merry's arrival!)
Jan 28, 2011 6:39 AM
Nov 2009
this just gets better and better :)
Jan 28, 2011 7:34 AM

Aug 2010
"Am I supposed to call people 'Master' now?"
Jan 28, 2011 7:59 AM

Jan 2011

Jan 28, 2011 8:21 AM

Apr 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
I found out some other rather interesting things yet again and was wondering about some too that eluded me at first. Apparently Yumeji sucks so much at karaoke that Merry covered her ears. Apparently Saki get over hyper and excited around Mei, which really adds to comedy.
I think Saki was just interested about her boyfriend or social life as a fellow girl.
And that she also looks up to Mei as a older girl and president of the club.
Mei also seems very mature which might also explain why Saki looks up to her.

Yumekichi11 said:
Few things I don't get, 1. WTF is up with Chizuru? One time she is in front of the train then as it comes she is gone and misses it. She was daydreaming with her dream demon suddenly and it was just not shown?
She was obviously lost in thought and it could have been related to Isana and her father.
It could also be that the dream demon was disapproving of it and that they where arguing about it.
Chizuru is still a bit of a mystery.
Why does she keep to herself why is she so abrupt in trying to distance herself from others what is her relationship with this dream demon and how is she involved in the dream world?

Yumekichi11 said:
2. How the heck did Mei and Yumeji get into a day dream as the lighting felt down? Don't tell me it's because of that they entered the day dream?
Last week he also didn't know how he ended up in that dream world of the little girl.
It's clear that he has powers that he is still unaware off, tho i think the lightning was just there to add dramatic effect.

Yumekichi11 said:
3.Don't get at all why would Yumeji while reading the aura of Mei suddenly see her like that? Why does Mei have a different phone? Just because the dream demon wants to and controls around to get one for him. Looks like Merry sucks at baseball game judging
That was indeed a bit vague.
My guess is that either the dream demon was using her subconscious to send those messages to herself or someone else was involved as well.

Yumekichi11 said:
What I found interesting is the following: Notice in the spoiler from which zodiac sign Merry appear from
it's Aries zodiac sign, then read the following: http://www.psychicguild.com/horoscopes_zodiac.php?sign=Aries if you put them together, Merry's sign might be Aries because upon reading that sign, I noticed that lots of it fits Merry's personality a lot. Yumeji better man up and get on par with Merry's toughness. Rather interesting stuff from that zodiac sign.
It seems to me that horoscopes are popular in Japan with not only the zodiac system being used but also a system based on blood type.
And it's pretty common in Anime to base the characters on those things, as blood type is commonly mentioned on character sheets.
And it seems to me that people would find it weird if you don't know your blood type in Japan while here in the West most people probably don't even know there blood type.
To be honest i have no clue what blood type i have either and it isn't mentioned on my passport.

Seems like next week are angel will make a appearance again, and she will have some surprising comments judging from the preview.
Jan 28, 2011 9:02 AM

Nov 2008
A dream demon with his own cell phone? interesting.

As vague as this episode was, it was still very enjoyable. And it looks like Merry is slowly getting adjusted to reality. She might have second thoughts about going back to the dream world.

Yumekichi11 said:

Chizuru is a filler character, pay no mind to her.

Jan 28, 2011 9:02 AM

Nov 2008
For a moment I thought that this "Chris" guy was the "angel" from the previous episode. He was an interesting guy and had a suiting outfit. I enjoyed this episode more than the previous ones, hopefully it will continue like this.
Jan 28, 2011 11:19 AM

Nov 2007
Enjoyable episode, even though it was another Monster of the week.
Yumekichi11 said:
Don't get at all why would Yumeji while reading the aura of Mei suddenly see her like that?

That intrigued me as well. Her aura was different from the pitch black ones in the earlier episodes. Maybe because Chris wasn't such a bad guy, he caused less damage within Mei?
Mei also seemed to remember what happened, while Yumi in ep 1 seemed to have completely lost her dream.

And despite the 'monster of the week' scenario, they do raise the question about what happens to the demons. Are they sent back or do they die?
Merry seems to think she's sending them back, but Chris questioned that and so did the end of the PV...
Jan 28, 2011 11:54 AM

Sep 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
3.Don't get at all why would Yumeji while reading the aura of Mei suddenly see her like that? Why does Mei have a different phone? Just because the dream demon wants to and controls around to get one for him.

How is it confusing? Him seeing her like that clearly means that's how a human being possessed by a dream demon looks like, and it was clearly Chris who got the second phone just so he can continue texting Mei. How is he going to communicate if they're sharing the same body?
Jan 28, 2011 12:12 PM

Aug 2008
his was a rather nice episode, at least to look at. It didn't take me to long to guess that the person texting the president was a dream demon. The real surprise came when I find it had taken her as a vessel after their "meeting". I'll just say it was a clever moment. And while I really liked the dream demon Chris's design, this episode didn't really do it for me. He took one punch and then slowly crumbled away, with just enough time left for a short dialogue with the President. *sigh* I'm liking this, but I desperately need more or something from this show.

Jan 28, 2011 12:37 PM

May 2009
cleo said:
Enjoyable episode, even though it was another Monster of the week.
Yumekichi11 said:
Don't get at all why would Yumeji while reading the aura of Mei suddenly see her like that?

That intrigued me as well. Her aura was different from the pitch black ones in the earlier episodes. Maybe because Chris wasn't such a bad guy, he caused less damage within Mei?
Mei also seemed to remember what happened, while Yumi in ep 1 seemed to have completely lost her dream.

And despite the 'monster of the week' scenario, they do raise the question about what happens to the demons. Are they sent back or do they die?
Merry seems to think she's sending them back, but Chris questioned that and so did the end of the PV...

That black aura means a dream demon is after tham, and that redish means they're possessed by a dream demon.
Jan 28, 2011 1:43 PM

Jan 2011
I didn't like that there wasn't much development for the characters/dream demon involved in the episode. I feel like the dream demons just appear, get beaten by Merry, and go away without knowing much about who they are. Good episode though!
Jan 28, 2011 2:03 PM

Sep 2008
Dang... I feel bad for the umbrella.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2011 2:15 PM

Aug 2010
I feel like something missed this time :/

Jan 28, 2011 3:13 PM

Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
Yumekichi11 said:
3.Don't get at all why would Yumeji while reading the aura of Mei suddenly see her like that? Why does Mei have a different phone? Just because the dream demon wants to and controls around to get one for him.

How is it confusing? Him seeing her like that clearly means that's how a human being possessed by a dream demon looks like, and it was clearly Chris who got the second phone just so he can continue texting Mei. How is he going to communicate if they're sharing the same body?
OK the phone thing now is clear, it did not occur to me a dream demon would be smart enough to do when it can communicate directly with the mind of the possessed usually. Like you mentioned on methods to communicate with the posssed body, it would be far easiser to just use the persons brain to induce mind communication.
KingDeadKira said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Chizuru is a filler character, pay no mind to her.
Maybe but she is rather interesting person. I guess once her dream demon gets defeated she will most likely be out of the series, maybe.
viral_hun said:
That black aura means a dream demon is after tham, and that redish means they're possessed by a dream demon.
Now that explains everything much better thank you very much.
Aversa said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I think Saki was just interested about her boyfriend or social life as a fellow girl.
And that she also looks up to Mei as a older girl and president of the club.
Mei also seems very mature which might also explain why Saki looks up to her.
Well it was damn good comedy to see Saki being excited like that. I understand better that indeed Saki does look to Mei and as such teases her.
Yumekichi11 said:
Aversa said:
She was obviously lost in thought and it could have been related to Isana and her father.
It could also be that the dream demon was disapproving of it and that they where arguing about it.
I hope then that they do show that in a flashback.
Aversa said:
Chizuru is still a bit of a mystery. Why does she keep to herself why is she so abrupt in trying to distance herself from others what is her relationship with this dream demon and how is she involved in the dream world?
It's for sure apart from making her drink a certain beverage that the demon at the very least like with Minato is isolating her. Look at how she lives alone
at home.
Yumekichi11 said:
2. How the heck did Mei and Yumeji get into a day dreamas the lighting felt down? Don't tell me it's because of that they entered the day dream?
Aversa said:
Last week he also didn't know how he ended up in that dream world of the little girl. It's clear that he has powers that he is still unaware off, tho i think the lightning was just there to add dramatic effect.
Ok, agreed with the dramatic effect it makes sense it would be so.
Yumekichi11 said:
3.Don't get at all why would Yumeji while reading the aura of Mei suddenly see her like that? Why does Mei have a different phone? Just because the dream demon wants to and controls around to get one for him. Looks like Merry sucks at baseball game judging
Aversa said:
That was indeed a bit vague.
My guess is that either the dream demon was using her subconscious to send those messages to herself or someone else was involved as well.

Wasabi I think would be more right in this that the dream demon is the one who controlled Mei into getting that phone and using it only as a message tool. That would make sense.
Yumekichi11 said:
What I found interesting is the following: Notice in the spoiler from which zodiac sign Merry appear from it's Aries zodiac sign, then read the following: http://www.psychicguild.com/horoscopes_zodiac.php?sign=Aries if you put them together, Merry's sign might be Aries because upon reading that sign, I noticed that lots of it fits Merry's personality a lot. Yumeji better man up and get on par with Merry's toughness. Rather interesting stuff from that zodiac sign.
Aversa said:
It seems to me that horoscopes are popular in Japan with not only the zodiac system being used but also a system based on blood type.
And it's pretty common in Anime to base the characters on those things, as blood type is commonly mentioned on character sheets.
Indeed it is not the first character that it was based on but I find it most interesting to pinpoint a character's personality through that way, looks like it matches rather fine.
Aversa said:
And it seems to me that people would find it weird if you don't know your blood type in Japan while here in the West most people probably don't even know there blood type. To be honest i have no clue what blood type i have either and it isn't mentioned on my passport.
Problem is I don't think the blood type will help in understanding the characters but I do like when they are O because they can give to anoyone. In general to all thanks for answering the questions, I am much more clear as of this episode. I also read some spoilers about the Angel, it will interesting to figure out how all those apply to her.

Jan 28, 2011 3:20 PM

Jan 2011
still enjoying Yumeji personality as always,haha , and Chizuru is still cold as always to him :P at least she talked to Isana.
Jan 28, 2011 7:05 PM

Aug 2009
The show just got more interesting, I'm excited. :3
Jan 28, 2011 7:26 PM
Mar 2010
Since when did Merry have the pointy, elf-ears?
Jan 28, 2011 7:41 PM
Mar 2008
herox3 said:
Since when did Merry have the pointy, elf-ears?

SHe's always had them,she just hides them behind her cute flowing hair,she does'nt always show the elf ears 24/7,I think she does this to hide her identity to be more human like,even if she is a dream demon:D
Jan 28, 2011 8:29 PM

Jan 2011
This show gets more interesting each week. I enjoyed how Merry says she will defeat the dream demons, but will she still try to get them to take her back to the dream world, or is she happy right now?

Also, here is the full OP with download link if any one is interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVrkcTx1qis&feature=feedu
Jan 28, 2011 10:00 PM

May 2008
Poor Mei well not that these kind of relationship ever keeps going...

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 28, 2011 11:26 PM

Jan 2011
the guy asked merry if she thought if she could really send him back, i wonder if that says something. also, all the different dream demons went back in different ways too. i think they're just simple tricks to keep things fresh but i really hope it turns out to mean something.
Hide behind the mighty wall of internet, i shall
Jan 28, 2011 11:36 PM

May 2010
I think yumeji looks kinda hot sometimes.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Jan 29, 2011 12:25 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Jan 6, 2011

189 by Limi »»
Jan 6, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 7, 2011

180 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blackbird - Mar 31, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:25 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

97 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2011

86 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.